Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Men prefer averagely shaped women

Mr Black

:lol: LMAO, gone for a minute and the thread has done a 360, guys and football...ah fair enough...

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• Marby

• Rosewin

• Moon Minion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that WAS a stunning game. Even I found myself cheering them on during the second half comeback. Doubt we'll see a game like that in CL final in our lifetime again!

I would be surprised too! I had a fantastic night!

I prefer

audrey-hepburn.jpg

All sizes have their charms. Unless we're talking super anorexic or obese. Very thin women can still be gorgeous, and other girls just a little bit chubby can look beautiful. Healthy for your natural size is best IMO. :)

This is something my wife would agree with and while she admires Audrey Hepburn she also admired Rachel Ray.

See with skinny jeans, you really do need to be skinny to wear them!

Skinny jeans are nice. I love my wife in them. Heck I love all girls in them that should be wearing them.

Good thing I love dresses lol.

Dresses are definitely the best choice for women of all sizes. You cannot go wrong as long as it is age appropriate. Long dresses can look hawt too.

naturally slim women certainly aren't all flat and have child-like hips.

Some ultra-waifs naturally do have flatter chests and child-like hips. Nothing wrong with that either and it is definitely more pleasing than anything plus size. Some do make it seem as if super-skinny girls have anorexia or some other problem but that is not always true. Also eating disorders are nothing shameful but issues that need to be worked through.

Edited by Rosewin

:lol: LMAO, gone for a minute and the thread has done a 360, guys and football...ah fair enough...

*LOL*

I was thinking the same thing!

They have a thread, filled with gorgeous women, they end up talking football. :rolleyes:

Goobers.

Nibs

Some ultra-waifs naturally have flatter chests and child-like hips. Nothing wrong with that and it is definitely more pleasing than anything plus size. I wish people would quit making it seem as if super-skinny girls are ugly.

I'm not saying that. And actually, it is more pleasing to you, that is your opinion.

But dieted to the point of passing out from doing everyday tasks such as standing up, clinically underweight skinny, that's not attractive.

My favourite quote from a TV show ever is from a cartoon called 6teen: The cute shoes are never the comfortable ones. I couldn't agree more.

Bridesmaid dress shopping for my wedding was a nightmare. One friend is rail thin. She looks like a 12 year old boy. Doesn't matter what she does she's just naturally like that. All the dresses we tried on just hung on her. While another friend is a larger girl with "girls" to spare. She had to pay extra to get a "plus" size just to fit the twins. In the end they both looked beautiful but it was heartbreaking to watch them trying on all these dresses!

I love dresses! I wear dresses and skirts all summer. The winters here are not condusive to skirt wearing. *brrrrrr* I also love to wear heels but rarely do. I work in a lab so they aren't exactly up to OSH standards! :lol:

My favourite quote from a TV show ever is from a cartoon called 6teen: The cute shoes are never the comfortable ones. I couldn't agree more.

Bridesmaid dress shopping for my wedding was a nightmare. One friend is rail thin. She looks like a 12 year old boy. Doesn't matter what she does she's just naturally like that. All the dresses we tried on just hung on her. While another friend is a larger girl with "girls" to spare. She had to pay extra to get a "plus" size just to fit the twins. In the end they both looked beautiful but it was heartbreaking to watch them trying on all these dresses!

I love dresses! I wear dresses and skirts all summer. The winters here are not condusive to skirt wearing. *brrrrrr* I also love to wear heels but rarely do. I work in a lab so they aren't exactly up to OSH standards! :lol:

I wish we could all go back to making our own clothes. But my last visit to the fabric store was alarming. Very expensive making your own nice stuff, on top of that I'd have to actually learn...and fork out for a proper sewing machine.

If only I could resurrect my great grandmother and get her to teach me sewing with a needle and knitting "OLD SCHOOL" rofl.

Ha! You guys are so picky. I'm with Chaos -- curves or not... if she turns me on and has a personality that I love, then it's on!

the bottom line for this and the other thread women like blah blah, is that everyone has different tastes, and it is fluid.

the bottom line for this and the other thread women like blah blah, is that everyone has different tastes, and it is fluid.

And it is an excuse to post beefcake pics.

:P

Nibs

And it is an excuse to post beefcake pics.

:P

Nibs

if your into beefcake pics. me i prefer hamburgers like mcdonalds, burger king or wendy's

Ha! You guys are so picky. I'm with Chaos -- curves or not... if she turns me on and has a personality that I love, then it's on!

Absolutely. What people are discussing here is more along the lines of what they find pleasing at first glance, well I am anyway. My ex's have been short, tall, blonde, brunette, slim, curvy, etc etc.....not all at once obviously, that would be one freaky girl. :unsure:

Absolutely. What people are discussing here is more along the lines of what they find pleasing at first glance, well I am anyway. My ex's have been short, tall, blonde, brunette, slim, curvy, etc etc.....not all at once obviously, that would be one freaky girl. :unsure:

LOL, exactly. It's what catches the eye. You fall in love with more than that... at least I would hope!

But dieted to the point of passing out from doing everyday tasks such as standing up, clinically underweight skinny, that's not attractive.

If someone is clinically underweight and passing out from dieting then it is most likely that they are already normally thin but have body-image issues so drop even further. To approach this as them 'not being attractive' is the same as insulting someone for being sick. No, sick people are not usually attractive, we usually do not mention it though because other things are more important...like them having a disorder.

As Relle also said some are just normally very thin no matter what they do, usually because of a high metabolism rate or some other physical condition, they might be flat and have child-like hips but do not have eating disorders. To assume they are that way in a vain attempt to be attractive would be the furthest from the truth when some of them hate it and feel like they are just going to disappear.

The way you put naturally in italics earlier seemed to emphasize such females were unnatural. To equate 'clinically underweight skinny' in the same sentence with 'dieted to the point of passing out' is not really fair and similar to saying overweight people are all lazy over-eaters when that might not be the case at all.

It is OK to say this type or that type is not attractive to you but to start assuming how they got that way or to mock a disorder is not fair. We really cannot be certain how someone is the way they are in many cases. It is best to keep it at either you like or dislike without assuming anything further.

Edited by Rosewin

LOL, exactly. It's what catches the eye. You fall in love with more than that... at least I would hope!

You sure do, bank balance for a start, I mean personality - yes personality is what I fall in love with. lol.

You sure do, bank balance for a start, I mean personality - yes personality is what I fall in love with. lol.

:w00t: Soooo wrong, but yet soooo funny!

The way you put naturally in italics earlier seemed to emphasize such females were unnatural. To equate 'clinically underweight skinny' in the same sentence with 'dieted to the point of passing out' is not really fair and similar to saying overweight people are all lazy overeaters when that might not be the case at all.

No.

I was trying to distinguish those who have a naturally slim (or even super-skinny, as you put it) figure, who put little or no effort into it other than eating healthily and excercising as one should, from the super-skinny who force themselves to subsist on the size zero diet. I did not at any point say that they were unnatural, and for the record I don't think that.

Those who diet to the point of passing out could be clinically underweight, I did not say that it was always the case either. Not everyone who wants to be skinny has an eating disorder, and of course I'm not trying to call people with eating disorders unattractive.

I just think it's wrong the media-created image that to be attractive you have to be skinny.

Edit: I love how you post pictures of famous people, and celebrities showing the size you prefer, but when I talk about the same type of thing (I was originally talking about models) I get accused of mocking ill people.

Edited by storminateacup

I just think it's wrong the image that to be attractive you have to be skinny.

It is wrong. And though it is not true, many girls certainly do fall victim to this belief and their self-esteem dwindles. Maybe even to the point where they starve them self.

It's the media's fault naturally, and it also sheds a bad light on naturally skinny girls to an extent. Cause the gossip magazines turn around and bag every skinny actress in with having an eating disorder, then turn around again and hail the latest wonder diet!

I just think it's wrong the media-created image that to be attractive you have to be skinny.

This is true and thank you for clarifying because with those last two posts of yours I was reading something totally different.

It is wrong. And though it is not true, many girls certainly do fall victim to this belief and their self-esteem dwindles. Maybe even to the point where they starve them self.

It's the media's fault naturally, and it also sheds a bad light on naturally skinny girls to an extent. Cause the gossip magazines turn around and bag every skinny actress in with having an eating disorder, then turn around again and hail the latest wonder diet!

You are pretty brilliant Moon. This is exactly how it appears to work. It is also sad when others play off the media in this way and begin to bag every skinny person with having an eating disorder as well.

I wish we could all go back to making our own clothes. But my last visit to the fabric store was alarming. Very expensive making your own nice stuff, on top of that I'd have to actually learn...and fork out for a proper sewing machine.

If only I could resurrect my great grandmother and get her to teach me sewing with a needle and knitting "OLD SCHOOL" rofl.

Only just caught this post looking back, lol.

Yeah, if I had the skills to make my own clothes then I so would, lol. I always seem to be in between sizes, the bigger size being way too big and the smaller being just too small. Drives me mental.

Also I now have an image of a little old zombie lady sitting in a rocking chair with knitting needles :wacko:

This is true and thank you for clarifying because with those last two posts of yours I was reading something totally different.

That much is obvious and I'd go so far as to say you were trying to read something different into it. But no worries.

I have at least two friends who are US size 0, UK 4. Actually I've seen one of them buy UK 4 petite, what is that in America, like -1? I have absolutely no problem with thin (I don't like the word skinny) women, I have a problem with the image thrown around by the media that you are not beautiful if you are not like a rake.

You are pretty brilliant Moon. This is exactly how it appears to work. It is also sad when others play off the media in this way and begin to bag every skinny person with having an eating disorder as well.

You too were correct in saying that fat people aren't necessarily piggy eaters. My mother has to take a range of pills for some serious issues for her health, and sadly this medication puts on weight even though she eats healthily. I'm glad my dad see's more in my mum then just her outward appearance. The labeling on people really does go both ways.

Only just caught this post looking back, lol.

Yeah, if I had the skills to make my own clothes then I so would, lol. I always seem to be in between sizes, the bigger size being way too big and the smaller being just too small. Drives me mental.

Also I now have an image of a little old zombie lady sitting in a rocking chair with knitting needles :wacko:

It would certainly bring in a great range of individuality! And the fashion industries would be shaking in their boots...or stilettos, whatever is the craze at present rofl.

lol the knitting zombie, leave your brains at the door.

I'm glad my dad see's more in my mum then just her outward appearance. The labeling on people really does go both ways.

It is to our advantage to be able to see more than outward appearance for looks fade fast and what we are left is the true nature of our character to represent us for the remainder of our lives. There can be much beauty within if we simply work on it but it usually does not come without work.

I know I am not the prettiest person inside or out but I would like to be one of those people who are genuinely loved for having sparkling attitudes like Libby. Her attitude is simply amazing and quite attractive and can light up a room. It is quite rare and precious and as I said they are genuinely loved above all others.

Edited by Rosewin

You too were correct in saying that fat people aren't necessarily piggy eaters. My mother has to take a range of pills for some serious issues for her health, and sadly this medication puts on weight even though she eats healthily. I'm glad my dad see's more in my mum then just her outward appearance. The labeling on people really does go both ways.

I'm glad someone brought that up - my wife takes quite a few pills everyday, for a number of health issues, none of which she can do a thing about, the pills bloat her slightly, because she hardly eats a thing, but getting that point across to her is easier said then done..