Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Men prefer averagely shaped women

Mr Black

I'm glad someone brought that up - my wife takes quite a few pills everyday, for a number of health issues, none of which she can do a thing about, the pills bloat her slightly, because she hardly eats a thing, but getting that point across to her is easier said then done..

It is the same with my mum.

It's nice that your wife too has someone who overlooks these little things, I'm sure she really does love you for it. :)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• Marby

• Rosewin

• Moon Minion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is the same with my mum.

It's nice that your wife too has someone who overlooks these little things, I'm sure she really does love you for it. :)

:) I prefer it. I have big hands, big hands need big things to grab - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :ph34r:

I wish we could all go back to making our own clothes. But my last visit to the fabric store was alarming. Very expensive making your own nice stuff, on top of that I'd have to actually learn...and fork out for a proper sewing machine.

If only I could resurrect my great grandmother and get her to teach me sewing with a needle and knitting "OLD SCHOOL" rofl.

I know what you mean. I have a sewing machine and know how but by the time you buy the pattern, fabric and other materials you've spent more than you were trying to save! lol

You sure do, bank balance for a start, I mean personality - yes personality is what I fall in love with. lol.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes a big balance! :lol:

Only just caught this post looking back, lol.

Yeah, if I had the skills to make my own clothes then I so would, lol. I always seem to be in between sizes, the bigger size being way too big and the smaller being just too small. Drives me mental.

Also I now have an image of a little old zombie lady sitting in a rocking chair with knitting needles :wacko:

I'm knitting a sweater for myself right now! I assure you I'm no little old zombie lady! :lol:

I just don't want someone who will snap from a brief gust of wind, or who will collapse on themselves from their own body weight where they can hardly walk.

Someone who is not going to be frail or be in hospital all the time because they don't really give a crap about their body.

That much is obvious and I'd go so far as to say you were trying to read something different into it. But no worries.

I have at least two friends who are US size 0, UK 4. Actually I've seen one of them buy UK 4 petite, what is that in America, like -1? I have absolutely no problem with thin (I don't like the word skinny) women, I have a problem with the image thrown around by the media that you are not beautiful if you are not like a rake.

maybe we should use thin for those who are naturally thin and skinny for those who force the issue.

maybe we should use thin for those who are naturally thin and skinny for those who force the issue.

Or, you could just use "anorexic" or "bulimic". Narrows it down... 'is much more correct.

Playing with a ball is more fun than playing with a stick.

Put it like this, would you rather chew on a chicken wing or chicken breast :blush:

PLEASE NOTE: thats in the fried chicken sense ;)

Put it like this, would you rather chew on a chicken wing or chicken breast :blush:

Thanks for clarifying, I got some strange mental pictures. ;)

I didn't fully get this, you are not supposed to eat them?

LOL, Minion and Stormie... I could wear leggings in the 80's when I was a teenager. If I do that now, I will just enhance things that don't need enhancing anymore. I save leggings for hen-dos that require one dress up as a fairy.

@Scanner...was it cute?

@Mattshark... Next is hit and miss for me. I know what you mean, though. It seems that the trend in stores has gone to the extreme polar opposite these days. With me, I tend to fluctate on either side of a size, too, so I never know what size I even am unless I try everything on.

In the States, the only plus size store there was in the old days was Lane Bryant, and I didn't realize it was plus size for years until I was desperately looking for a yellow top and my stepmother blurted out in the middle of the store, "You aren't fat, let's go!" We got some dirty looks. I don't know about the States these days. I feel like I've been gone a lifetime, but here, I know that there would be an outcry if there was a 4-12 only shop.

Ok, I'm in California, the woman of the hour is curves, A$$, boobs and thighs..

Kim Kardashian is on the lips of every teenage boy, man and woman here..:wub:

Kim+Kardashian+is+the+Sun+s+superbabe%5B5%5D.jpg

Not obese or obviously out of shape but a body, curves..

I was always too skinny with no boobs, till I had my 3rd child and its as if I sprouted curves in all the right places, boobs too.

I love my curves, my hubby loves my curves, quite frankly for my age 43, curves rule.

Skinny chicks is not the standard; not where I am.

Kim does look good. I don't much care for her otherwise, but she definitely goes against the Hollywood stereotype.

Kim does look good. I don't much care for her otherwise, but she definitely goes against the Hollywood stereotype.

Agreed, I don't find her mentally engaging, but as far as a body standard goes. Wowza!

The hair hair salon I work at PT caters to all kinds of entertainment people, without a doubt, she is most often touted gorgeous face and body.

By women and men alike and teenagers alike.:rofl:

In other words the skinny- stick look is not the model for beauty here.:w00t:

Spartacus Blood and Sand the women are curvy...

'Lucy Lawless'

lucy-lawless_spartacus_1140.jpg

Edited by S♥ ♥ ♥

My husband is in love with Lucy Lawless. She is gorgeous. I didn't think she looked all that great when she was Xena, but on Spartacus, I just have to shrug my shoulders and let my hubby drool.

My husband is in love with Lucy Lawless. She is gorgeous. I didn't think she looked all that great when she was Xena, but on Spartacus, I just have to shrug my shoulders and let my hubby drool.

I would have to agree with your husband.

I'm with your husband LOL..

I didn't even realize it was Xena, talk about revamping her...

She is gorgeous...

We should start a thread on this show tee hee...

My hubby and I are huge fans of all the cast...

Wowza.

SPARTACUS+CAST+SMALLER.JPG

Edited by S♥ ♥ ♥

What are the odds of that happening?

But yep, womenly curves and shapes anyday. Skinny is not attractive at all.

thats not very nice, everyone is beautiful in there own way..

skinny is fun easy to pick up and move around with ;)

I would have to agree with your husband.

Great minds and all?

I'm with your husband LOL..

I didn't even realize it was Xena, talk about revamping her...

She is gorgeous...

We should start a thread on this show tee hee...

My hubby and I are huge fans of all the cast...

Wowza.

Everyone on there does a great job... and really, I don't know where they found all these people, but they are all gorgeous. The guy that plays Spartacus is ... wow. Just wow. He wears the loin cloth well.

Everyone on there does a great job... and really, I don't know where they found all these people, but they are all gorgeous. The guy that plays Spartacus is ... wow. Just wow. He wears the loin cloth well.

Took me 3 sittings to get that cloth right.

Great minds and all?

ha ha ha ha ha my hubby is built really nice(works out a lot) and has a great bum, I told him I want him wearing one of those loin cloths from now on...

He just laughed...:w00t:

Spartacus is simply beautiful, Crixus is not hard on the eyes, or Varro the the blond curly headed lad..

how about the new gladiator that died last episode ..

WOOOZA on a certain body part (appendage)

Its about time a show appeals to the ladies also !!!!!

So.....

If you took a pole of 100 men, and asked them what they preferred, I'd bet my house the high percentage would say curves. So, women who look for the thin look, who are you doing that for, is it more for other women, some kind of oneupmanship, so to speak......just curious....

Took me 3 sittings to get that cloth right.

Obviously, they had to work harder on the loin cloth of the guy playing you, though. ;)

ha ha ha ha ha my hubby is built really nice(works out a lot) and has a great bum, I told him I want him wearing one of those loin cloths from now on...

He just laughed...w00t.gif

Spartacus is simply beautiful, Crixus is not hard on the eyes, or Varro the the blond curly headed lad..

how about the new gladiator that died last episode ..

WOOOZA on a certain body part (appendage)

Its about time a show appeals to the ladies also !!!!!

I keep trying to convince my husband to walk around in a loin cloth, but he's not going for it!

I don't think I've gotten that far on the episodes. I don't remember new gladiator. But yeah, all three of those guys are easy on the eyes.