Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Men prefer averagely shaped women

Mr Black

lolwut? Slim waists (in proportion to the rest of the body) is what men find attractive. A women with a tight tummy is also most likely going to be nice everywhere else.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Relationships/How_Men_Select_Women

http://www.science.unsw.edu.au/news/average-women-more-attractive-than-centrefolds-study/

That is also the actual 'line drawing of body shape found most attractive in the study'. I wish they would have provided a real world example since it does seem a bit on the larger side to me.

1t2b5u.jpg

Also it seems that women themselves actually find thinner women as the most beautiful (compared to men who prefer them average). It must be the feminine side of me that tends to agree with the majority of women, finding thinner women more beautiful myself.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Relationships/How_Men_Select_Women#Cultural_Beauty_Standards

No I agree with you about shape, we all like the shape where the body curves in at the waist - I don't want her to pick a shape and decide the shape should be 'dumpling' lol....but when I can see a girls ribs, I don't know it just makes me uneasy. Doesn't do it for me, but I did warn you I was weird like that ;)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS

• Marby

• Rosewin

• Moon Minion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No I agree with you about shape, we all like the shape where the body curves in at the waist - I don't want her to pick a shape and decide the shape should be 'dumpling' lol....but when I can see a girls ribs, I don't know it just makes me uneasy. Doesn't do it for me, but I did warn you I was weird like that ;)

Nah, I think you are average. Thinking about it the times I have been around other men when the subject comes up, men at least in my city do not prefer ultra-waif, they mention things like 'more cushion for the pushin' which I never understood but meh. So to be honest I think I am the weird like that and not you.

I think JLH is very beautiful. We really need a thread like this but about faces.

sbkplh.jpg

One deer is fine, dear. That will be plenty for some lovely venison sausage and some steaks! :w00t:;)

sorry i prefer dear hunting.

Nah, I think you are average. Thinking about it the times I have been around other men when the subject comes up, men at least in my city do not prefer ultra-waif, they mention things like 'more cushion for the pushin' which I never understood but meh. So to be honest I think I am the weird like that and not you.

I think JLH is very beautiful. We really need a thread like this but about faces.

sbkplh.jpg

If we are going on faces, while I am not into women in that way, I would have to say that these would be my nominations for the most beautiful faces in Hollywood:

vivien-leigh.jpg

Vivien Leigh

mila-kunis.jpg

Mila Kunis

My wife adores Mila Kunis. I find it kinda neat that most women tend to admire the same celebrities. Gwyneth Paltrow is someone my wife says has lots of elegance. I think elegance is the epitome of beauty because it is not just looks but how one carries themselves.

My wife adores Mila Kunis. I find it kinda neat that most women tend to admire the same celebrities. Gwyneth Paltrow is someone my wife says has lots of elegance. I think elegance is the epitome of beauty because it is not just looks but how one carries themselves.

I really like Mila because not only is she gorgeous, but she is one of the few in Hollywood that isn't always in the tabloids for doing stupid things, seems to have a down to earth attitude, is naturally sweet and funny in an interview. She can hold her own acting, even if she probably isn't the best actress out there. Your wife is right about Gwyneth in terms of elegance. She isn't classically beautiful, but she carries herself elegantly, which indeed, counts for a lot. Its' a shame she's reputed to be a terrible snob, because I do agree that elegance really completes that sort of beauty.

It does seem that women admire a lot of the same celebrities, especially when it comes to the female ones.

How one carries themselves can make or break a look- badly can detract from someone a lot, and elegantly can make someone look simply amazing. As can a smile- unbelievable the difference a simple smile can make.

~

(Yes I know before anyone says that in the picture I posted of myself in the rogues gallery I look like the person taking the picture had personally offended me, but they had! So that's different. Ner, lol.)

Edited by storminateacup

How one carries themselves can make or break a look- badly can detract from someone a lot, and elegantly can make someone look simply amazing. As can a smile- unbelievable the difference a simple smile can make.

~

(Yes I know before anyone says that in the picture I posted of myself in the rogues gallery I look like the person taking the picture had personally offended me, but they had! So that's different. Ner, lol.)

:lol: You still looked great. That picture had a total, "I can kill you with my mind," vibe that really worked.

:lol: You still looked great. That picture had a total, "I can kill you with my mind," vibe that really worked.

1) I can. :ph34r:

& 2) I was thinking of you when I added the bit in brackets :lol::P

1) I can. :ph34r:

& 2) I was thinking of you when I added the bit in brackets :lol::P

1. Uh-oh :cry:

2. Awwwwww! And see, I posted a picture of me that should never have seen the light of day cause I promised. In all honesty, that picture of you was adorable, though. When people catch me in a serious "I will kill you with my mind," moment on camera, it comes off more as, "Oh, honey, rough month?"

1. Uh-oh :cry:

2. Awwwwww! And see, I posted a picture of me that should never have seen the light of day cause I promised. In all honesty, that picture of you was adorable, though. When people catch me in a serious "I will kill you with my mind," moment on camera, it comes off more as, "Oh, honey, rough month?"

1) When is the best time for me to send you my list of demands? :D

2) Awww, bless you! I bet it doesn't!

1) When is the best time for me to send you my list of demands? :D

2) Awww, bless you! I bet it doesn't!

1. Just slide them through the letterbox... :unsure2:

2. Trust me on this one.

Damn it, I like being the odd one out - what's it they say - when you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to stop and think.

....Ok, thought about it, and it's 'more cushion for the pushin' for me. :tu:

First off I need to say it, football is for prima donna's, pick a real sport at least, like rugby or pelote, a more rugged game.

:) I prefer it. I have big hands, big hands need big things to grab - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :ph34r:

Yep I can agree with that, my gf calls my hands coal-shovels (is that spelled right?), I'm using the same excuse.

I am so glad people appreciate curves now... I can stop starving myself and beating myself up :lol::mellow:

Well I've allways appreciated curves, I was never that much influenced by fashion or media. :tu:

It's that misconception that women have that men only want Victoria's Secret models. ;)

Very true. I for one would be afraid to break them in half when hugging them. Would be a bit of a mishap on a first date "ooops sorry I didn't mean to break that!!"

Oh, but deer is much better on a sandwich than dear, don't you think? :w00t:

That depends how you define a "dear" sandwich........ oh lord, I've done it now....the naughty got the better of me.... :P

First off I need to say it, football is for prima donna's, pick a real sport at least, like rugby or pelote, a more rugged game.

That's just the premiership - a game like Cardiff V Leeds, or Crewe V Millwall, that's a different ball game altogether, quite literally :D .....Agree with the rugby, sure am glad you didn't say American football lol ;) .....never heard of pelote - what is it?

@TheSearcher... LMAO! Ok, yes, it would depend on the definition of "dear", and I'll just leave it at that an allow everyone's imagination to do their thing.

I had to add that football bores me, and I want to smack them when they overact pretending they are hurt. I like rugby, don't know what pelote is... and SCANNER... American football is fun stuff!

I had to add that football bores me, and I want to smack them when they overact pretending they are hurt. I like rugby, don't know what pelote is... and SCANNER... American football is fun stuff!

pfft...any sport where you wear more padding then a bomb disposal expert should have the word 'sport' removed from the title - or at least be moved to the category of female sports, even if men are playing it. :ph34r::P

Edit - remove one word.

Edited by Scanner.....

That's just the premiership - a game like Cardiff V Leeds, or Crewe V Millwall, that's a different ball game altogether, quite literally :D .....Agree with the rugby, sure am glad you didn't say American football lol ;) .....never heard of pelote - what is it?

American Football? You are surely joking? I have a mate who plays American football professionally. When he visited me, we went to see some other friends in the UK and as it happens were invited to play some friendly rugby. He played for 30 mins with us, before saying "Y'all completly crazy!! You could get hurt playing like that!". So ok, there were a few bruises, no broken bones though. Neither of us could see the problem really. Must be an American thing :P

This is a good explanation of Pelote. Read it thru, in any case, I mean the version played barehanded (or with minimal protection). I got into it, since my parents live in France and me dad took me play a few balls. Not a game for the faint hearted.

@TheSearcher... LMAO! Ok, yes, it would depend on the definition of "dear", and I'll just leave it at that an allow everyone's imagination to do their thing.

Mr. T anyone? Quite your gibberjabber!! You ain't hurt!!! The image of you throwing snickers bars at them comes to mind

Edited by TheSearcher

@Scanner... you sound like my husband...and well, every European that's ever watched American football. Fair enough, but it's fun stuff. And yeah, it's not as tough as rugby, but at least they play through their injuries unlike those guys kicking a ball around in shiny shorts! :lol:

@TheSearcher...that Mr. T commercial cracks me up every time.

The Searcher - thanks for the link, I'll have a look in a minute :tu:

Marby - fair point on the shorts, but what's this weirdos excuse then lol:

chris-cooley-short-shorts.jpg

Edited by Scanner.....

Im an Englishmen and I love American Football....not so much NFL, but college football :D

Texas ftw!

Brits that call it a sport for softies havent watched enough of it imo, they wear padding...but then so do rugby players, just not as much. American football can be brutal!

Anyway back on topic

kate-winslet.jpg

Au Revoir Simone! All three look perfectly average, simple, and very ideal to me. Plus they sing and wear lots of dresses. Heaven.

160wsgl.jpg

Anyway back on topic

kate-winslet.jpg

WOMANLY BODY ALERT!

I've always admired her shape. I hope the media never get's it's claws into her thinking and she drops all those curves.

Edited by Moon Minion