Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senior Thesis

LucidElement

HEY guys, im trying to make my senior thesis not as broad, i was wondering you guys could read what i had so far, right here.. and maybe help me narrow it down. its gotta be 25 pages, (Double spaced)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Thesis Outline

Global warming is the rise in temperature of the Earth. This occurs when certain temperatures from greenhouse gases ensnare the heat which is given off by the sun and stored in the Earth’s atmosphere. These gases vary from carbon and nitrous oxides, water vapors, and other chemicals which over time cause harm to the environment. There is much speculation to whether or not global warming truly exists, but throughout time and actual events that have occurred it is likely that global warming is not a myth but a mere fact of nonfiction. Speculating briefly from the time of Pre-Columbian era to the Westward Movement throughout the Progressive eras, my senior thesis will contain hard facts that prove global warming to be that of a reality and not a myth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Pre-Columian Era: (How nature played a vital role to Native Americans)

- Westward Movement: (Explaining the start of deforest station and government laws put into order to subside these issues)

- Progressive Eras: (The rise of earthquakes, storms, dustbowl, and the commodities of industrial machines)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breaking down these three time periods from start to finish will give the reader a vision of how America’s nature was “intended to be” used for survival. As time advances, the abolishment of nature will sadly come to show much of pollutants in the air and a maximum capacity of stress the environment is working with.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LucidElement

• lp21why

• Amberlight

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like a very interesting paper. I am wondering if you considered the impact of solar cycles to rises and falls in global temperatures? It might give another way to reinforce or balance the paper with alternative ideas or discoveries re global warming.

And best of luck to you on the paper.

I went to the library today, but im just trying to figure out how to narrow down the paper a bit! like i feel as if its too broad.. i want to focus on those three eras, but i just need help outlining it, like what to talk about here and there, ya no.. was trying to find some help... i feel like its sucha big topic i cant grasp it as a whole!

I went to the library today, but im just trying to figure out how to narrow down the paper a bit! like i feel as if its too broad.. i want to focus on those three eras, but i just need help outlining it, like what to talk about here and there, ya no.. was trying to find some help... i feel like its sucha big topic i cant grasp it as a whole!

Have you read Ruddiman's 'Plows, Plagues and Petroleum'? It is a book outlining the causes of Climate Change (albeit on a much larger scale than yours) but it has some very thought provoking idea on early agriculture, epidemics and the like from circa. 5000bc to the present day.

What sort of detail are you looking to go into? Is this a college thesis?