Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knocking on the door middle in the night!

Bozena

Not personally, but my parents tell me they both heard a friend call their names and knocked on the door one night. When they went to open it, nobody was there. This friend was on a road trip, many miles away, and the next morning they got word she was in a car accident, and didn’t survive. They again heard her call their names and knock several nights afterward.

Last time that happened to me the door opened to a man in nothing but his underpants and a bottle of beer.

Ah, gotta love Nova Scotia.

Funny you should mention that... They knocked on my door today and my 3 big dogs scared the crap out of them barking. Off topic, I know, but maybe the OP should get a big dog or two to frighten the doorknockers away. ;)

Good idea, and with a dog, at least he/she will alert you of any presence, seeing as dogs have been known to sense paranormal activity (though this is debatable) That way if the dog shows no signs of hearing, seeing, sensing a presence, you would know it is most likely not an external problem.

Did you ever consider that it was little kids being smartasses?

DING first thing I thought of. See, I remember the my childhood days when I did it... :rofl:

Before anyone scowls! Know my parents did find out and I was disciplined. :lol:

Dimensions are colliding, no big deal. All shadows of universes are colliding and becoming one. I saw myself yesterday when I meditated(it happens sometimes),but this time I(he) was talking to me.. scared me quite a bit. I wonder what will happen when universes become one, the real one not just shadows like it is now.

Dimensions are colliding, no big deal. All shadows of universes are colliding and becoming one. I saw myself yesterday when I meditated(it happens sometimes),but this time I(he) was talking to me.. scared me quite a bit. I wonder what will happen when universes become one, the real one not just shadows like it is now.

I have no idea what yr talking about

• Like 1

... I wonder what will happen when universes become one, the real one not just shadows like it is now.

The universe is expanding at an accelerating pace and might in the future be torn apart, then it will be all shadow and not even one.

Normally when you hear knocking (3 knocks) on the door it does mean that someone is going to die. Well that is the myths in Ireland, i have heard many stories about it. and there are sometimes 3 knocks on the window.

Oh what a crock.

Probably just some knick nockers.

• Like 1

Not personally, but my parents tell me they both heard a friend call their names and knocked on the door one night. When they went to open it, nobody was there. This friend was on a road trip, many miles away, and the next morning they got word she was in a car accident, and didn’t survive. They again heard her call their names and knock several nights afterward.

Thank you for telling that.

I wish there are more members they had some kind of similar experiences.

In Esoteric magazine I like to read, there are stories: “What happened to me”!

One man wrote: after work he was driving to home, when on the street stood one woman and asked him if she can go with him. Of course she can.

That woman said, she was born in that town and now lives somewhere else. After normal talking she started to count who is going to die in that town: in that house is going to die this person; in the next house is going to die other person and so on. After she counted all of them she went out of the car. She was no ghost, just normal, older woman and some kind of clairvoyant.

After she left, this man was scared to the death. The truth was: all people she has told have died.

The question is: why she came to tell that? Maybe somebody of their family has done something bad to her before?

Bozena

A couple of years ago I was helping take care of my uncle's mother, she was on her death bed. Well, I was staying the night at a friends, while i was asleep her alarm clock went off at 6:30 in the morning. I got a phone call around 7 in the morning, it wa from my uncle he had told me his mother passed away at 6:30 in the morning.

• 7 months later...

hi i was just experiencing pretty much the same thing last night and this morning..i know it wasnt just some kind of prank i mean who would stand out in the cold at night from 10:30pm until 6:03 A.M?? my mom sister and i was the only one home and my dad dont live with us and my brother was over my dads with his friend. and they were quite a distance from my home. and i while i was asleep my mom and sister was up and they both heard 3 knocks on the door. this was about 10:25 at night and then when i woke up at like 11:30 they were both sound asleep and while i was walking from the kitchen to go to my room i heard 3 knocks i thought somebody was at the front door and i said who is it and nobody answered i had a weird feeling to not say come in so i went in my room to look outfront nobody was in sight and i didnt think nothing of it and so i just went in my moms room where my mom and sister was sleeping to go plug up the phone cord wich is in my moms room and she was up and so was my sister because they said they heard the knock and heard me say who is it and they had told me they heard the same thing just earlier that night. so i was kinda freaking out and it was the back door i had actually heard it from but i thought it was the front cuz the 2 doors are just a room apart and i was in the middle of them both and it would only knock when the porch light was on like it was afraid of the light and but i been up all night and at 6:03 i heard it again but this time it sound a little different like somthing fell over and knocked lightly thats the last i heard it it hasnt made a noise now its daylight out.and i was up atleast for 15 minutes when i heard this. and my mom had said she heard these knocking sounds before this morning and night but it was on her window in her room witch is also in the back of the house.she said that it wasnt this bad though as this night/morning. and i made sure this morning around 8:00 that there was no wires hangin or that the gutters wernt down everything outside couldnt of been making any knocking sounds. and also my sisters dog was outside all night last night and after my sis and mom heard the knockings before i woke up my sisters dog had a fresh cut on her ear wich was not like that before the knockings. they looked around outside and nobody was out there after they heard the knockings. what could this mean?

I believe strange things happen from time to time, with no good viable explanation (yet). We get the three knock thing happening, albeit very rarely. I think it happened twice while living in this house, and we've been here 6 years. I believe it was last summer when we last experienced it. We were playing cards at the kitchen table and we distinctly heard 3 knocks at the back door. Our front and back door have big plain windows on them, so we don't have to get up to see who it is. Our back door is in the kitchen, so we just looked over and there was no one there. I've completely fenced off my backyard for the dogs, so there is no way to get in there except through the house, through the back door, so it's not like someone could have knocked and run off, as it would have been plain to see anyone through the back door and the kitchen window had some kids hopped the fence or something. All the dogs were inside at the time, so it wasn't them LOL We discussed it for a while and then forgot about it. There weren't any significant events, such as a death, around or shortly after that time.

My grandmother had a weird "gift" ... Whenever a child was born in the family, she would know. "Something" would tap her on the shoulder when there was no one near her. And it never failed. Every time I gave birth (I had 4 kids), my grandmother would call my mother that day asking whether we had a boy or girl. And it's not like someone could have told her as she was overseas and I was not in a position to have told anyone yet. I always made sure that my mom was the first to know LOL but it didn't really matter as my grandmother called her before I had a chance to. I always found that to be very interesting as my grandmother wasn't gifted or psychic. She just knew when there was a new addition to the family!

• 3 years later...

wow i just had the same thing, someone knocked on the window. and it was around 2:30 am. from what i have been reading,it means someone died or is going to die. I have had it happen before, and my grandma passed, once my door belll reang and kept doing iot and i heard an old friend died. this morning i heard three knocks on the window, scared the crap out of me. wow.

wow i just had the same thing, someone knocked on the window. and it was around 2:30 am. from what i have been reading,it means someone died or is going to die. I have had it happen before, and my grandma passed, once my door belll reang and kept doing iot and i heard an old friend died. this morning i heard three knocks on the window, scared the crap out of me. wow.

Color me curious, but if such annoyances are a prelude to doom, than who is the messenger?

i'd chalk it up to coincidence before putting it down as paranormal.

Just a thought. ;)

Color me curious, but if such annoyances are a prelude to doom, than who is the messenger?

i'd chalk it up to coincidence before putting it down as paranormal.

Just a thought. ;)

And don't tell me that the messenger is the same person that just died.

i mean, why would they knock on the door or window and scare you out of your wits?

If they possess such abilities, then why not call you on the phone or just appear to you in an effort to say they're alright?

• 1 year later...

Hi every one so this knocking at my door has been happening for about a few weeks now I just start hearing it bout a few weeks ago so today well it's about 4:35 am in Greensboro nc and about 2:00 something in the morning I heard a few knocks on my door and I have been researching about this there are many stories about this anyway I don't think I'm hallucinating I don't think I am I try to get much sleep as possibl but then I heard it on my window I did not look out of it cause I know know one no where I stay and no one was there they could call me but it really scares me sometimes and I'm just wondering what is going on..

Hi every one so this knocking at my door has been happening for about a few weeks now I just start hearing it bout a few weeks ago so today well it's about 4:35 am in Greensboro nc and about 2:00 something in the morning I heard a few knocks on my door and I have been researching about this there are many stories about this anyway I don't think I'm hallucinating I don't think I am I try to get much sleep as possibl but then I heard it on my window I did not look out of it cause I know know one no where I stay and no one was there they could call me but it really scares me sometimes and I'm just wondering what is going on..

Many years ago, I had knocking on the door at 2am to 5am three times a week. Being a college kid i was nervous answering the door. The weirdest thing was when i looked out the window to see who is there I would see nothing. Finally after a month I grabbed my cricket bat and answered the door and found a few guys looking for my neighbours house. I found out later that they were selling weed.

My suggestion is grab a video camera and hide it outside and record it.

Or

Wait near the door and open the door when it knocks (have your phone to call police just incase)

• Like 1

I did not look out of it cause I know know one no where I stay and no one was there they could call me but it really scares me sometimes and I'm just wondering what is going on..

Edit: Sorry, didn't catch the timing you stated in your post. Could have been a drunkard knocking on the wrong door. Check the peephole to see who is there with the police's number dialled and ready, like what the above user suggested. No use scaring yourself with your own imagined scenarios!

Too bad it isn't a friendly neighbor with a pie. :D

Edited by electrocuted
  • Like 1

edited: duplicate post

Edited by electrocuted

Within 15 minutes of transitioning between sleep and awake, we may experience various hallucinations, any or all of the five senses. The most common is sounds, with images being next - knocking, voices, whispers and music are the most common. Since it was about 2:30 am and the OP was up to go the bathroom, though they didn't say it, it's likely they had been asleep very recently, so easily within the window for sleeptime hallucinations. Not sure how any of this relates to the five years previous story, except the knocking, but I'd note that things we 'remember' from years ago are likely very different than what actually happened.

15 minutes? I've never heard of it happening that long after waking. Maybe one to two minutes tops

• 1 month later...

I have heard the three knocks for years; once every three to six months.

It is so real, but no one is at the door. Normally doesn't bother me. But this past Saturday at 2pm It happened and I felt so much dread.

If its dreaming, why exactly three knocks each time?  And why does it always wake me.  it's the repeating nature of it that is starting to bother me.  And the fact that it always is three loud knocks, as opposed to a random number.

i don't wake to screams or crashes or voices. Only knocks. And each time three.  Odd.

By the way, I have never googled this phenomena or researched it in any way until this last time.  I never even really thought about it much. But Saturday, it bothered me.

Edited by Rivercitytider

I have heard sounds of knocks, usually when I am just falling asleep. I wake and listen and nothing so figure its just my mind or ears or both doing it.

I never did understand "three knocks", I mean why three knocks? in the same order. What exactly is the purpose?

• 1 year later...

With regard to the sounds of knocking on a door when just nodding off and just awakening in the night: my mother said that these knocking, or rapping sounds, on a door was "a spirit knock" usually sounding boney and urgent, often heard when just about to wake up in the middle of the night, but not always, sometimes when just falling asleep you are suddenly awakened by the sound of something, or someone, knocking on the bedroom door. My mum said it was a deceased family member or relative trying to make contact, or warning of something about to happen to that person. I personally have often heard these spirit knocks and heard someone calling my name, sounding to be from afar. I take this to be my mum who, sadly, passed away a couple of years back. I never feel particularly frightened when I hear the knock or a voice. The voices and knocking sounds I Believe coming from the other side: from beyond the veil which is probably like a thin curtain that can be lifted with a sudden surge of energy from the spirit.