Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Health Care Passes

Siara

Okay, NOW what would happen in the old system? People would decide to milk the system by forcing you (the accident victim) to undergo all sorts of extra medical procedures. Someone would say, "Well, why did you fall in the first place? Maybe you have a brain tumor. Let's do some procedures to look inside your brain". Common sense would say... hey, sometimes people slip. But various medical professional get paid for doing these procedures. So why not do a hundred of them? After all, NO ONE's getting charged.

Actually, danielost, we are getting charged by having our rates go up. That is one of the reasons the old system cost so much more than other countries' systems. It was easy to scam. That is what some people didn't want the system changed. They were making a pile of money off these extra procedures.

They are putting out a ton of propaganda to terrorize the public and get the old system back. They can afford it.

you do know that insurance companies have to get permission to raise rates right.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Siara

• danielost

• Pseudo Intellectual

• AROCES

I think I believe you. But I think that's going to take forever to fix.

When I was a kid I was taught that debt was contemptible. The moment when my parents paid their final payment on the mortgage was a huge deal. The family was out from under the black cloud of debt. Now people just laugh at that kind of thing.

debt is conteptible, unless your part of the government then it isnt your money your spending.

You don't think that's an assault on individual liberty? The government forcing you to purchase a product or be punished?

You mean like the way it punishes me for being a renter instead of a homeowner?

You mean like the way it punishes me for being a renter instead of a homeowner?

Why don't you stop dodging the question and answer it?

Taxes aren't an assault on personal liberty. Relief from taxes for groups of people who meet certain criteria (being married, owning a home, whatever) are also not an assault on liberty. These things are commonplace.

Taxes aren't an assault on personal liberty. Relief from taxes for groups of people who meet certain criteria (being married, owning a home, whatever) are also not an assault on liberty. These things are commonplace.

This isn't a tax. This is the government forcing you to buy a product.

You don't think that's an assault on individual liberty? The government forcing you to purchase a product or be punished?

no.

What if I don't want to be helped by "the public" if I were hurt in an accident?

well we could stamp your forehead so that emergency workers don't bother with you. I don't think that will fly. A society has a vested interest in the health of it's citizens.

nope. I'm not paying for you if you don't participate in health care.

nope. I'm not paying for you if you don't participate in health care.

i do and when i worked i did even more.

taken to a hospital where they will fix you up. if you think the new health care bill will get rid of the paper work think again.

in this hypothetical world where you don't participate, nope. We'll leave you on the side of the road.

they take care of you. send you a bill and if you cant pay they put you in touch with groups that can and will help you pay for most if not all of it.

NO! they take you to court. Actually in absentia and get a judgement against you for the whole amount. And then start garnishing your wages. You live in lala land.

Church orgs are great

only if you're a member and believe in their beliefs.

As far as I know, the hospital eats it and compensates for the loss by raising our rates. So in the end WE pay for it.

they don't eat it until they have been to court and gotten a judgement against you and your property and wages.

we are already paying those taxes for this purpose.

no we don't. I pay for your lack of judgement in higher health care premiums.

I'm completely for a private option, not have the feds. take over private medical insurance companies...and I'm gonna make it clear that nothing in the bill indicates they were going to socialize an entire industry. The opponents want to take the health care plan to the U.S. Supreme Court and Senate Republicans are pushing efforts to repeal the bill, Obama comments "Go for it" to find the Democratic majority blocks their scheme of things.

I'm completely for a private option, not have the feds. take over private medical insurance companies...

They federal government did NOT take over private insurance companies. That's completely wrong. They are regulated.

i do and when i worked i did even more.

you're no longer a payer, you're a user.

They federal government did NOT take over private insurance companies. That's completely wrong. They are regulated.

you're no longer a payer, you're a user.

wrong the store adds the taxes they pay to the price of what they sell. thus i am still paying for it.

wrong the store adds the taxes they pay to the price of what they sell. thus i am still paying for it.

We're talking about healthcare not sales taxes.