Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Baby Killer' Yelled At Bart Stupak During

THE MATRIX

link

link

A Republican members of Congress apparently called Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) a "baby killer" near the end of the day-long House debate on health care Sunday night.

House Republicans, in an effort to derail the bill, introduced a "motion to recommit" that would have reintroduced the abortion amendment cosponsored by Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) and Rep. Joseph Pitts (R-Pa.).

In a dramatic gesture, the pro-life Stupak rose to speak against the amendment saying that it was nothing more than an effort to deprive 32 million Americans of health insurance. Democrats rose to applaud the much-maligned Stupak.

"It's your bill!" shouted several chastened members from the GOP side, as the chamber descended into chaos. Once order was restored, a GOP member then shouted at Stupak: "Baby killer!"

Edited by wolfram&hart12345

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Siara

• Corp

• theGhost_and_theDarkness

• preacherman76

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They shoule just be each given a set of boxing gloves and then let 'em box it out.

They shoule just be each given a set of boxing gloves and then let 'em box it out.

Not going far enough. There's been all this talk about going back to the Founding Fathers so they would be asking what they would do in this situation.

Pistols at dawn.

Not going far enough. There's been all this talk about going back to the Founding Fathers so they would be asking what they would do in this situation.

Pistols at dawn.

We could put it on pay per view, make a fortune :w00t:

A Republican members of Congress apparently called Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) a "baby killer" near the end of the day-long House debate on health care Sunday night.

Does that surprise you?

Realistically, more than 100 Republicans DIDN'T yell "baby killer", so at least that's something.

That whole debate was a fiasco. I watched ALL day, and, to be honest, I don't see how anything gets done ever. And, actually, I don't know why they have debates anyways, seeing as though everyone's always walking around, playing on their phones, or chatting obnoxiously. I'm surprised they even ever know what the hell they're voting for.

Its like a kindergarten classroom. They have to be told to sit down and be quiet and pay attention like they're children. . .and the name calling just adds to that image. I wonder if they think of how all us Americans just feel so warm and fuzzy knowing this is how some of the most powerful people in our country behave.

On another note, I was watching it on c-span. . .and when the bill passed the camera guy (I'm guessing) let out this little girlish squeal. It was so great.

Edited by theGhost_and_theDarkness