Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the significance of Zeta Reticuli?

Viper2

It seems like Zeta Reticuli is often mentioned when talking about aliens and UFOs. What does NASA actually know about this star system? Are there supposedly any planets in Zeta Reticuli that could sustain life? Apparently it is 39 light years away from earth, so I would guess it's plausible that other life forms could visit us from this star system if they could travel at the speed of light with enough food and fuel to last them 39 years. Or they could travel through some wormhole or something (not exactly sure how they would do that).

Now about the Roswell Aliens, were they supposed to be from Zeta Reticuli? What supposedly happened to the aliens that crashed in Roswell, NM in 1947? Where were they taken?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thank you.

It seems like Zeta Reticuli is often mentioned when talking about aliens and UFOs. What does NASA actually know about this star system? Are there supposedly any planets in Zeta Reticuli that could sustain life? Apparently it is 39 light years away from earth, so I would guess it's plausible that other life forms could visit us from this star system if they could travel at the speed of light with enough food and fuel to last them 39 years. Or they could travel through some wormhole or something (not exactly sure how they would do that).

Now about the Roswell Aliens, were they supposed to be from Zeta Reticuli? What supposedly happened to the aliens that crashed in Roswell, NM in 1947? Where were they taken?

Thank you.

No known exoplanets for either Zeta1 or Zeta2. There was a hot Jupiter listed in the Extrasolar Planets Encyclopaedia orbiting Zeta2 Reticuli, but it was soon found to be a spurious detection and was removed.

As far as the rest of your post goes, about Roswell and a crashed alien craft... That is just a modern myth.

There is no credible evidence that it ever happend.

Edited by Hazzard

I don't know if anyone tried to say that the Roswell one was from Zeta Reticuli, I think that's subsequently come into UFO folklore thanks to Betty and Barney Rubble, I mean Hill, who said that that was where the aliens who invited them aboard their ship said they were from, wasn't it?

Zeta Reticuli? Oh I had that at an italian resturant!!! :tu: It was delish. Sorry i had too. Good question tho.

It seems like Zeta Reticuli is often mentioned when talking about aliens and UFOs. What does NASA actually know about this star system? Are there supposedly any planets in Zeta Reticuli that could sustain life?

No planets detected, nor evidence of a disc around the pair.

Apparently it is 39 light years away from earth, so I would guess it's plausible that other life forms could visit us from this star system if they could travel at the speed of light with enough food and fuel to last them 39 years. Or they could travel through some wormhole or something (not exactly sure how they would do that).

The system is ~ 39ly distant. Unfortunately, travel at the speed of light is mathematically impossible, but basically, you would be correct, if there was any life anywhere around the pair that constitutes Zeta Reticuli, they could possibly get here in 40 years time...

The system is two slowly orbiting stars, in a G3-5V/G2V binary. You can find them at RA 3h 17m, and DEC -62 deg 30 min...roughly. It has an apparent magnitude of a bit over 5, there's no evidence of a planet or a debris disc orbiting this pair at this time, and it appears that the two stars are rather young yet, ~2 x109 yrs., so based upon the evolution of life as we know it....doesn't look too plausible.

One would have to establish that aliens were actually found.

Unfortunately, no one's come close to doing anything but speculating about that to-date.

The idea that they are from the Zeta Reticuli system is part of that utter speculation, and no one has any actual information about these beings...

Thank you.

A balloon train crashed in 1947, Balloons are lousy for interstellar travel.

Might I ask where you got the connections from? I am not trashing your interpretation, but am interested in how the many different tales of Roswell have been spread throughout the media, and the effect that has had on general population. We all like a good story, and he media are paid to provide such. Roswell has had a diffuse and profound effect on the public, and as such makes a good model for data gathering. I am finding it an interesting exercise, hope you don't mind helping me out. No worries if you don't wish to either ;)

Cheers.

A balloon train crashed in 1947, Balloons are lousy for interstellar travel.

Might I ask where you got the connections from? I am not trashing your interpretation, but am interested in how the many different tales of Roswell have been spread throughout the media, and the effect that has had on general population. We all like a good story, and he media are paid to provide such. Roswell has had a diffuse and profound effect on the public, and as such makes a good model for data gathering. I am finding it an interesting exercise, hope you don't mind helping me out. No worries if you don't wish to either ;)

Cheers.

I was asking if there was supposed to be a connection between the Roswell aliens and the Zeta Reticuli star system. I didn't say there was a connection. However, it seems that many UFO/alien/abduction encounters point to Zeta Reticuli. And I have researched Roswell quite a bit in fact, and I choose to not believe the weather balloon story. If you choose to believe that, then that's your choice. Covering up a weather balloon/Project Mogul for 50 years seems ridiculous. Therefore, I think there is probably a lot more to the story. I somehow don't think the dozens of people who saw other-worldly debris and other-worldly bodies laying on the ground were lying.

Edited by Viper2

Zeta Reticuli is significant because, now that people have heard of it, they can throw the name around. Considering the amount of random speculation about Roswell, I'm sure you can find someone, somewhere telling you that Zeta Reticuli was involved. Even if it were true, though, it doesn't really tell us much.

• Like 1

I was asking if there was supposed to be a connection between the Roswell aliens and the Zeta Reticuli star system. I didn't say there was a connection. However, it seems that many UFO/alien/abduction encounters point to Zeta Reticuli. And I have researched Roswell quite a bit in fact, and I choose to not believe the weather balloon story. If you choose to believe that, then that's your choice. Covering up a weather balloon/Project Mogul for 50 years seems ridiculous. Therefore, I think there is probably a lot more to the story. I somehow don't think the dozens of people who saw other-worldly debris and other-worldly bodies laying on the ground were lying.

You go for it Viper. Enjoy the religion. Settle petal, I didn't say you did make a connection. I was wondering if a new media source has put further spin on this camp fire story.

Gracious, you ought to try and do business with the Government sometime, I assure you that your faith in the organization is indeed misplaced. MOGUL was not covered up for 50 years, it was covered up in 1947. No one made the connection of which balloon crashed for 50 years. When the Air Force were pressured into investigating a non-issue on the loud calls of conspiracy zealots, they uncovered the connection. I am afraid you have your facts a little mixed up there.

Therefore, I do not believe you do indeed have the whole story, I believe like most of us you have been fed the medias interpretation that keeps the tale alive, books selling and festivals occurring each year in Roswell NM celebrating the "incident".

Who was the PIO that spoke to the AP concerning Roswell?

Edited by psyche101

Zeta Reticuli is significant because, now that people have heard of it, they can throw the name around. Considering the amount of random speculation about Roswell, I'm sure you can find someone, somewhere telling you that Zeta Reticuli was involved. Even if it were true, though, it doesn't really tell us much.

For sure, MID's information kinda rules the place out altogether.

You go for it Viper. Enjoy the religion. Settle petal, I didn't say you did make a connection. I was wondering if a new media source has put further spin on this camp fire story.

Gracious, you ought to try and do business with the Government sometime, I assure you that your faith in the organization is indeed misplaced. MOGUL was not covered up for 50 years, it was covered up in 1947. No one made the connection of which balloon crashed for 50 years. When the Air Force were pressured into investigating a non-issue on the loud calls of conspiracy zealots, they uncovered the connection. I am afraid you have your facts a little mixed up there.

Therefore, I do not believe you do indeed have the whole story, I believe like most of us you have been fed the medias interpretation that keeps the tale alive, books selling and festivals occurring each year in Roswell NM celebrating the "incident".

Who was the PIO that spoke to the AP concerning Roswell?

Ok, everyone is lying, and skeptics are right by default because they are so intelligent and know everything. And all us believers are gullible fools. Happy?

I mean aliens couldn't possibly be real because they are not outside walking around in the streets, right? And no civilization (other than humans) in the universe is advanced enough to engage in space travel. And even if they could, there is no way they would be more advanced at space travel than humans are.

Wow, I wish I was as intelligent as the skeptics are.

Edited by Viper2

Ok, everyone is lying, and skeptics are right by default because they are so intelligent and know everything. And all us believers are gullible fools. Happy?

Ohh geez, are all you believers like this? Cannot have a conversation without it getting personal? I just wanted to know if you had heard the connection, or not.

Nobody is right by default. Roswell has many facets to it, and finding the original recollections is quite a feat. I am sure you are aware than many people are authors who's livelihood depends on you reading their books. This does not make one gullible, it means that one has read the most widely distributed version of the story - the media's interpretation, and the media is here to entertain, they have absolutely no accountability. If one takes a strong interest and follows up the tales spun by the media, one will indeed be disappointed by the result. That is a path only you can take, and a decision only you can make. I can tell you what I have learned from studying the incident in depth, but only if that is your wish. The ignore button can make me go away, but the truth of the matter is still lurking in the depths of the Internet. It all depends, do you really want to know what happened? Or would you prefer to go on believing something fantastic took place?

The real version does not get too much airplay because it is pretty mundane. Would you rather read of an old project where a balloon crashed, or a tale of flying saucers, aliens and Government Conspiracies? Much more exciting, and sells far better.

I mean aliens couldn't possibly be real because they are not outside walking around in the streets, right? And no civilization (other than humans) in the universe is advanced enough to engage in space travel. And even if they could, there is no way they would be more advanced at space travel than humans are.

There must be other Aliens right? Even though we have no proof that any other planet in the Universe is inhabited by intelligent life, remember Dinosaurs ruled for 160 million years, would we have got this far if that meteor did not slam into the Yucatan peninsula?

I can go with that, intelligent life exists, but where? Did you realise that if there was an Alien on the closest planet that we know of that can support life and he had a ship that could travel at light speed that he would still have had to have left when we were spearing Mammoths with Neanderthals to get here now? Einstein gave us E=MC2. That has not been broken despite a hundred years of trying, in fact, it has been strengthened if anything. Than means we cannot breach light speed, which is extremely necessary in a Universe that is 27 billion light years and still growing. If space travel is possible, it would be more like he Orion project developed here on earth, but that would be seen coming from quite a distance. Bit slow for return trips too. It is nothing to do with Humans, the universal speed limit was set by something much higher on the chain than us. Mother Nature.

Logically, communications are our best bet for our first visit to another planet with intelligent life. I hold the WOW! signal in high regard.

Wow, I wish I was as intelligent as the skeptics are.

It's not a matter if intelligence. It is questioning your sources. The Skeptics I see here are just believers with a much higher standard for proof. Nothing wrong with making sure you have it right.

Cheers.

• Like 1

How the hell can you believe Roswell was a balloon?!!!!!!

If you believe in ET etc, then ET craft. If you are a skeptic then you have to look at the evidence which points to either ET craft or secret military project like a spy plane etc. They have been so secretive with the Roswell incident that you would be pretty stupid to believe it was a balloon. In fact didn't they announce it wasn't a balloon later on? I know that the military had already announced it was unknown first then later on said it was a balloon... Wouldn't a bunch of military personal have recognised a balloon?!

How the hell can you believe Roswell was a balloon?!!!!!!

If you believe in ET etc, then ET craft. If you are a skeptic then you have to look at the evidence which points to either ET craft or secret military project like a spy plane etc. They have been so secretive with the Roswell incident that you would be pretty stupid to believe it was a balloon. In fact didn't they announce it wasn't a balloon later on? I know that the military had already announced it was unknown first then later on said it was a balloon... Wouldn't a bunch of military personal have recognised a balloon?!

See "Best evidence" thread for full details, but basically the size of it seems to be that it wasn't a weather balloon (that was a cover story), but it was a balloon that was used as part of the Project Mogul project to detect Russian nucular bomb emissions. But since they couldn't very well say that that was was this balloon was part of, they said that it was a weather ballon. As for the alledged otherwordly bits & pieces, it was probably over-active imagination and an eagerness to see oneself on the front page of the papers that did the rest.

• Like 1

I understand that most skeptics will take the word of the media... it was a ballon. Right?

I actually happen to live in the area. The old ranchers, have a very different story to tell. But no wait these old guys are lie right.... all of them. Cuz thats what ranchers do right? In fact im sure most of you believe that it crashed in Roswell, when in fact it crashed outside of Corona. The people who were involved were threatened with their lives and the lives of their families. They do not speak about flimsy ballon material, they talk about actual wreckage. And they talk about bodies that were small and childlike being removed. But that these bodies were grey, and the heads held large eyes. And this story does not stop with the ranchers, I've heard it from retired cops, military, and even a minister. Make no mistake, there was and is a cover up.

Edited by zenfahr

A pity that all these people seem so reluctant to come forward with all the corrobarative evidence that they've got. It might save an awful lot of arguing. Or have they all been suppressed by the authorities all this time?

A pity that all these people seem so reluctant to come forward with all the corrobarative evidence that they've got. It might save an awful lot of arguing. Or have they all been suppressed by the authorities all this time?

Oh they have, there are endless books.

But when all you got is your story...... well you know how that works.

See "Best evidence" thread for full details, but basically the size of it seems to be that it wasn't a weather balloon (that was a cover story), but it was a balloon that was used as part of the Project Mogul project to detect Russian nucular bomb emissions. But since they couldn't very well say that that was was this balloon was part of, they said that it was a weather ballon. As for the alledged otherwordly bits & pieces, it was probably over-active imagination and an eagerness to see oneself on the front page of the papers that did the rest.

Ah my bad then, I was presuming it was meant to mean a weather balloon. I was thinking something military anyway. Still I don't think I believe it tbh.

I understand that most skeptics will take the word of the media... it was a ballon. Right?

I actually happen to live in the area. The old ranchers, have a very different story to tell. But no wait these old guys are lie right.... all of them. Cuz thats what ranchers do right? In fact im sure most of you believe that it crashed in Roswell, when in fact it crashed outside of Corona. The people who were involved were threatened with their lives and the lives of their families. They do not speak about flimsy ballon material, they talk about actual wreckage. And they talk about bodies that were small and childlike being removed. But that these bodies were grey, and the heads held large eyes. And this story does not stop with the ranchers, I've heard it from retired cops, military, and even a minister. Make no mistake, there was and is a cover up.

They should all come out now, times are different and people are more intelligent and can think for themselves without following the government like sheep. If they came out now they would be safe because of the general public and media. Can you imagine if they came out and then died in weird circumstances? It would make it too obvious.

Don't even bother trying to convince skeptics. They won't believe anything unless it is standing in front of them. In their world, everyone is lying and making up stories just for fun. And somehow many of these skeptics have already figured out the fastest speed that can be traveled and how long it takes to travel between star systems. According to their calculations, it's impossible for alien civilizations to travel to earth. And why? Because they said so. I mean they just know it all. How can you argue with these skeptics' advanced level of intellect?

Hmm... The ballooners and the debunkers all went quiet...

What do you mean? They were defeated by the power of the pro-extraterrestrial argument, or there's really not very much more that can be said? If you have anything you wish to contribute, please, feel free.

Don't even bother trying to convince skeptics. They won't believe anything unless it is standing in front of them. In their world, everyone is lying and making up stories just for fun. And somehow many of these skeptics have already figured out the fastest speed that can be traveled and how long it takes to travel between star systems. According to their calculations, it's impossible for alien civilizations to travel to earth. And why? Because they said so. I mean they just know it all. How can you argue with these skeptics' advanced level of intellect?

If you didn't seem to want to be so sarcastic and argumentative, you might have some reasonable points, but I'm afraid this isn't a very effective way of getting people to listen to your arguments.

Edited by 747400

If you didn't seem to want to be so sarcastic and argumentative, you might have some reasonable points, but I'm afraid this isn't a very effective way of getting people to listen to your arguments.

Yeah, as though the skeptics are going to listen anyways.

Hmm... The ballooners and the debunkers all went quiet...

Well that's what happens when you have no real argument other than the special you watched about Roswell on the History Channel. And since it was on TV and they said it was Project Mogul, well.....that has to be the truth. Everyone else is lying, only the History Channel tells the truth. Ain't that right skeptics?

Obviously, if there was a cover-up, the govt confiscated any & all physical evidence, leaving those people with nothing but their word to "prove" what they saw. Without physical evidence, there can't possibly be any proof. Suppose you're walking along the street and find a valuable gold coin on the ground. You take it home, lay it on a table in your home and think nothing of it. Someone else who lives in your home find it, takes it and later denies ever having seen the coin. Unless you videotaped the incident (which is highly improbable), it's ultimately your word against theirs. They could simply claim you never had the coin in the first place. What proof do you have? None.

BTW - I hear a lot of skeptics demanding to see proof of people's claims in various threads. This is ultimately pointless because there is no audio, photographic or video evidence that cannot be debunked (or just simply written off as fake). Any photo of Sasquatch/Bigfoot is ALWAYS some guy in a monkey suit no matter how realistic it might appear. It always boils down to one group's word against the others' (skeptics V. believers) and quite frankly the constant bickering over it is tiring. Short of catching & bagging an alien then bringing it to your house, there is no way anyone here can prove their claims of aliens, UFOs, ghosts, et cetera, on an internet forum.

Am I wrong?

Edited by GlassButterfly

Obviously, if there was a cover-up, the govt confiscated any & all physical evidence, leaving those people with nothing but their word to "prove" what they saw. Without physical evidence, there can't possibly be any proof. Suppose you're walking along the street and find a valuable gold coin on the ground. You take it home, lay it on a table in your home and think nothing of it. Someone else who lives in your home find it, takes it and later denies ever having seen the coin. Unless you videotaped the incident (which is highly improbable), it's ultimately your word against theirs. They could simply claim you never had the coin in the first place. What proof do you have? None.

BTW - I hear a lot of skeptics demanding to see proof of people's claims in various threads. This is ultimately pointless because there is no audio, photographic or video evidence that cannot be debunked (or just simply written off as fake). Any photo of Sasquatch/Bigfoot is ALWAYS some guy in a monkey suit no matter how realistic it might appear. It always boils down to one group's word against the others' (skeptics V. believers) and quite frankly the constant bickering over it is tiring. Short of catching & bagging an alien then bringing it to your house, there is no way anyone here can prove their claims of aliens, UFOs, ghosts, et cetera, on an internet forum.

Am I wrong?

That's very true. Good analysis.