Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Virgin Galactic's SpaceShip Two makes test flight

UM-Bot

In a major step towards the dream of commercial spaceflight SpaceShip Two's maiden test flight was a total success. The ship remained attached to the WhiteKnightTwo carrier plane throughout the flight, actual trips of the craft in to space will take place on future test flights.

"Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo rocket plane took to the air for the first time this morning from California's Mojave Air and Space Port. The craft, which has been christened the VSS Enterprise, remained firmly attached to its WhiteKnightTwo carrier airplane throughout the nearly three-hour test flight. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: MSNBC Cosmic Log

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DONTEATUS

• Esoteric Toad

• meankitty

• WoIverine

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So not under it's own power, but definately progress.

my brain tell me, this is a very bad design aircraft and look very dangerous .

Edited by kobolds

Interesting. But I think I'll go into space when there are working Stargates. :P

"Virgin Galactic's SpaceShip Two makes test carry attached to a very strange looking plane"

not that it has actually "flown" yet. i think it needs to be under its own power to qualify for that, misleading article headline. you have deceived us again...

my brain tell me, this is a very bad design aircraft and look very dangerous .

Mr. Rutan can build some of the Best Aircraft on this planet ! Believe me Its a very safe machine.

Sir Richard Branson wouldnt be investing close to a Billion dollars unless it was airworthy.

Look into there History. And Soar with the New Leaders into Space.

post-68971-126937499955_thumb.jpg

It does look a bit like an accident involving a couple of BAe 146s, but perhaps an entrepeneur like Mr. Rutan can do what the big megagiant companies wouldn't even think about. Who knows, perhaps NASA might be interested in at least a part share now that Mr. O'Bama has decided that he's got other things to do.

It does look a bit like an accident involving a couple of BAe 146s, but perhaps an entrepeneur like Mr. Rutan can do what the big megagiant companies wouldn't even think about. Who knows, perhaps NASA might be interested in at least a part share now that Mr. O'Bama has decided that he's got other things to do.

Dont let the Gov get involved in Starship`s Story! Its the way America and the world will Learn to Fly into the Stars again! On a wing& a Prayer! :rolleyes:

Gotta give it to Branson, he's somewhat annoying, but he kicks ass. Hell, if I had all his money and tech, I'd probably be Batman, or better yet, Iron Man. :tu:

Edited by SpiderCyde

It goes up, and then down....been done before, with ballons no less. While interesting and it might progress to bigger and better things, this is, for the most part, a very expensive roller coaster ride. Once they hand orbit and re-entry I'll be impressed.