Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

my bigfoot experience

jtheat

I'm not recommending it either, however effective it could be. It was a baaad joke. Thus, the "If a Biff falls dead in the woods and there are no other Biffs around to hear it...

I then only responded to your reply.

So back to my original speculation- One man with One firearm would be all that is necessary to take down One bigfoot. And maybe even a couple more if they appear.

And there are quite a few types of firearms that could do the deed, suppressed or not, imo.

Regardless, It seems it is brain not braun that is the alleged problem anyway. "I couldn't shoot"

Edited by QuiteContrary

Not so much that as we have a moral compass, or at least most of us do, unless you're a serial murderer or some other sort of psychopath. Dropping a Bigfoot for no other reason that it's a Bigfoot and it's within your red zone, will require that you be able to switch off that moral compass. That and if I go looking for one then I'll have already made the choice to take one, therefore my moral compass will be disengaged. I learned to switch it off in Nam, so......

Not so much that as we have a moral compass, or at least most of us do, unless you're a serial murderer or some other sort of psychopath. Dropping a Bigfoot for no other reason that it's a Bigfoot and it's within your red zone, will require that you be able to switch off that moral compass. That and if I go looking for one then I'll have already made the choice to take one, therefore my moral compass will be disengaged. I learned to switch it off in Nam, so......

I couldn't shoot one. I wouldn't know for sure what the heck I was shooting at if I ever thought I saw one. As a matter of self-defense or to defend someone else, however, yes.

I've heard many on hear say they could and would shoot one, if they had the chance, to put this mystery to rest.

That's what happened to my two buddies who said they saw one, they just couldn't pull the trigger, A) because it looked too human, and B) because it wasn't threatening them. So, you be in good company on that. It's one of those things where you'd have to wrestle with the situational dynamics before and determine what it was you were going to do in the event you did encounter one. If you go out with the mindset of you're not sure then you're defeated before you begin, better to just a camera and have the gun for back up.

Personally, I'd like to have a POV camera like the police use and that way I'd have it all on camera without having to deal with making sure I got it on at the right time.

Edited by keninsc

Forgot to mention this before:

It's easy to say what you'd do when you don't have to do it. Everyone thinks they can do anything, until they actually have to do it.

• Like 2

Exactly. Any attempt to really bring down a creature like this would require an almost paramilitary type group with resources. If this ever happened, bringing in the body of big foot, it won't be one guy. Now, this whole idea of multiple Big Foots (Big Feet?) is new to me, especially with the intelligence displayed in jtheats awesome account.

BlueBomber jtheat even mentions hearing a second one and that was his first encounter.

If you want to compare them to another animal think gorillas, the alpha male will make any threatening behaviour while the females and young hide.

It's just the way of things, that's why even a silencer wouldn't work. How do you know what's staying silent in the bush within easy reaching distance to you? You may see one it doesn't mean the others aren't there.

• Like 1

Someone could shoot one at quite a distance and not have to worry about any other Foots nearby to grab him.

And if others are scared off or not even around, which is possible, retrieve physical evidence, etc.

Also, they are seen here in the U.S. in all kinds of topography, where friends hiding in the nearby bush is not possible.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Where I live in Australia you can't see 2 metres in front of you in some parts the bush is so thick.

Also no one has brought up the biological aspect. We have no idea what's what under all the hair.

• Like 1

Someone could shoot one at quite a distance and not have to worry about any other Foots nearby to grab him.

And if others are scared off or not even around, which is possible, retrieve physical evidence, etc.

Also, they are seen here in the U.S. in all kinds of topography, where friends hiding in the nearby bush is not possible.

I won't pretend to be any kind of authority on animals, but you, very clearly, lack understanding of pack animals.

• Like 1

I won't pretend to be any kind of authority on animals, but you, very clearly, lack understanding of pack animals.

Correct, I am no expert on pack animals. However:

--Where is it written in stone that these creatures are pack animals? How many in a pack? What does their pack consist of? One mom and two juveniles? Mom gets shot, juveniles run off?

--Where does the scientific literature say that the males aren't just solitary except for mating?

--We are talking about a creature with absolutely no scientifically documented facts, so anything is possible.

--Do you know the pack mentality of bigfoot? Does one ever leave the pack to look for food? Do you know they would defend a fallen member?

--My speculations are as viable as anyone else's until a scientific study is done on these creatures habits, physiology, socialization, etc etc.

--Bigfoot does not follow the natural laws of any other known species why should their "pack" mentality, if indeed there is one, be any different?

• Like 1

Correct, I am no expert on pack animals. However:

--Where is it written in stone that these creatures are pack animals? How many in a pack? What does their pack consist of? One mom and two juveniles? Mom gets shot, juveniles run off?

--Where does the scientific literature say that the males aren't just solitary except for mating?

--We are talking about a creature with absolutely no scientifically documented facts, so anything is possible.

--Do you know the pack mentality of bigfoot? Does one ever leave the pack to look for food? Do you know they would defend a fallen member?

--My speculations are as viable as anyone else's until a scientific study is done on these creatures habits, physiology, socialization, etc etc.

--Bigfoot does not follow the natural laws of any other known species why should their "pack" mentality, if indeed there is one, be any different?

QC, nothing is written in stone as NO ONE can know any of the things for sure. I know by some they consider my encounters are invalid even the ones with multiple witnesses because they were either family or friends. I don't see myself in all these years having made any money from any of this, if anything it has caused a lot of stress and trouble by certain factions but I keep on going....why because it has been happening for years, we have been safe with our guys and it was a part of our lives and I won't justify myself more.

My husband was with me when we walked at a different time of day and place then usual and spooked a female and group gathering. She sent out a warning call and the bush went still all around us. My husband is a skeptic and at the time I remember filming him on my old camera, laughing at him when he finally admitted that it was HGs it was his second encounter and no known Australian animal made the call we heard. I've also been down at night more so when the alpha isn't around with other humans and we've heard vocals of definite different creatures. 2 or 3 around, early in the piece with one of my daughters we were encircled by 3 of them which was scary at first until we realized they were just as interested in us as them.

From years of field research there seems to be the alpha male in our group, there are also rogues as I've mentioned lone males sometimes howlers (one of the worst and spine chilling calls you'll hear) they just constantly move through different areas and best avoided.

Would one come to help another, 5 witnesses would attest to that. But I refuse to further talk about this last bit, call me a tease or what ever but I freely answered the other parts and have a right to preserve the identity of the people and the incident, but you wanted an answer, would they all do that? I guess it's like humans I stopped for a motor cycle accident today with my youngest daughter and 1 other man and we helped and checked on the people, every one else just watched. Humans show a lot of disgusting traits, animals normally show more unconditional love and concern.

Keep in mind that when we apply the known thing that other animals do then when we take a look at what Bigfoots are supposedly doing, it really makes no sense. Unless you're a Bigfoot, then it would probably make perfect sense. Thing is, we really don't know what is "normal" for a Bigfoot. And that does presuppose that Bigfoots are indeed real to begin with, we really need to establish proof of existence before we can determine what they do and how they act within their environment.

I actually have a great example of what I'm talking about in Stardrive's observations and current working theory. Sadly, I can't really go into it at this time.

Edited by keninsc

That's just it Ken, I don't know for a fact the true origin. I can can only speculate on that. And since I'm not comfortable putting all my eggs in one basket, I've come up with a couple of theories. Until the day I can see it in operation with the operator present, I'll just have to wait and see.

There's a couple of possibilities, but I thought it interesting that I'd noticed some similar things and never put the two together, so kudos on that, you made the connection.

QC, nothing is written in stone as NO ONE can know any of the things for sure. I know by some they consider my encounters are invalid even the ones with multiple witnesses because they were either family or friends. I don't see myself in all these years having made any money from any of this, if anything it has caused a lot of stress and trouble by certain factions but I keep on going....why because it has been happening for years, we have been safe with our guys and it was a part of our lives and I won't justify myself more.

My husband was with me when we walked at a different time of day and place then usual and spooked a female and group gathering. She sent out a warning call and the bush went still all around us. My husband is a skeptic and at the time I remember filming him on my old camera, laughing at him when he finally admitted that it was HGs it was his second encounter and no known Australian animal made the call we heard. I've also been down at night more so when the alpha isn't around with other humans and we've heard vocals of definite different creatures. 2 or 3 around, early in the piece with one of my daughters we were encircled by 3 of them which was scary at first until we realized they were just as interested in us as them.

From years of field research there seems to be the alpha male in our group, there are also rogues as I've mentioned lone males sometimes howlers (one of the worst and spine chilling calls you'll hear) they just constantly move through different areas and best avoided.

Would one come to help another, 5 witnesses would attest to that. But I refuse to further talk about this last bit, call me a tease or what ever but I freely answered the other parts and have a right to preserve the identity of the people and the incident, but you wanted an answer, would they all do that? I guess it's like humans I stopped for a motor cycle accident today with my youngest daughter and 1 other man and we helped and checked on the people, every one else just watched. Humans show a lot of disgusting traits, animals normally show more unconditional love and concern.

Yes, my response was not to discount your personal experience or anyone else's. I simply stated that without any scientific documentation and study of these creatures we can all only speculate and each of us may be right and wrong. Accounts in the states are as varied as the witnesses. I've heard several in the U.S. (with personal experiences) claim our creatures here are "gentle giants". They are curious about humans, and wouldn't hurt us. So, not arguing what you know of these animals, just nothing is scientifically documented to know any which way what is their way. All speculation is fair in the world of bigfoot.

Case in point, black bear aggression varies in the U.S.. Those that live north of the contiguous United States have a reputation for being more aggressive. (read it somewhere, have no link) And it is not mothers defending cubs (again black bear), but 88% are looking for food and 92% of those are male! http://www.nytimes.c...ce/11bears.html

Edited by QuiteContrary

That's just it Ken, I don't know for a fact the true origin. I can can only speculate on that. And since I'm not comfortable putting all my eggs in one basket, I've come up with a couple of theories. Until the day I can see it in operation with the operator present, I'll just have to wait and see.

Do you have access to trail cam(s)?