Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coulter: I’m victim of ‘hate crimes against

THE MATRIX

link

OTTAWA -- Firebrand US conservative Ann Coulter has accused a Canadian university provost of "hate crimes against conservatives" and called for a human rights probe of the matter, a local paper said Tuesday.

The American right-wing pundit and author is in Canada for a trio of speeches.

Ahead of a talk at the University of Ottawa on Tuesday evening, she said she was warned by provost Francois Houle to use "restraint, respect and consideration" when speaking at the school.

Coulter told the Ottawa Citizen newspaper: "Now that the provost has instructed me on the criminal speech laws he apparently believes I have a proclivity (to break), despite knowing nothing about my speech, I see that he is guilty of promoting hatred against an identifiable group: conservatives."

"The provost simply believes and is publicizing his belief that conservatives are more likely to commit hate crimes in their speeches. Not only does this promote hatred against conservatives, but it promotes violence against conservatives," she said.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Pseudo Intellectual

• TRUEYOUTRUEME

• HerNibs

It's unfortunate that this women is trying to group herself as a represenative of

all conservatives. While I believe she does have a right to say what she wants,

you don't really need to know what words are to know that she's a hate mongurer.

She's a hypocrite of the highest order. Let her speak I say and let her voice be heard loud as it will only harm her in the end. She is the most hateful person on t.v. today that truely speaks out her behind befor wiping it.

Because she was asked to speaking nicely, she's being oppressed?

Not exactly the sort of message you Conservative chaps want people to get out if she thinks that "being nice" is an affront to what it means to be a Conservative.

Yeah she's taking the letter way too seriously, of course it seems like the only thing she knows how to do is attack.

Anyway her speech was canceled last night due to security conserns. The hall she was booked to speak in only holds 200 people and close to two thousand actually showed up, most to protest her. There was worry that things might turn violent, with Coulter's bodyguard making the final call. Coulter of course dismissed security worries but oddly enough didn't insist to speak. Bet it's because now she can go off about how free speech is dead in Canada thanks to those evil Muslims.

Personally I think it's a shame the speech was canceled and that it'll reflect very badly on the UofO (back when I went there no one would even know the event was happening. Ah good old apathy) and on Canada as a whole. Really this just gives Coulter more fodder. It would have been far better if they had allowed her to speech and then calmly debated her. Given her tactic of replying with insults it would have shown her for what she is. With luck this will happen when she hits Calgary.

Wonder what it would take to have Canada keep her.

Her and Fred Phelps need dropped on an island.

Nibs

Yeah she's taking the letter way too seriously, of course it seems like the only thing she knows how to do is attack.

Anyway her speech was canceled last night due to security conserns. The hall she was booked to speak in only holds 200 people and close to two thousand actually showed up, most to protest her. There was worry that things might turn violent, with Coulter's bodyguard making the final call. Coulter of course dismissed security worries but oddly enough didn't insist to speak. Bet it's because now she can go off about how free speech is dead in Canada thanks to those evil Muslims.

Personally I think it's a shame the speech was canceled and that it'll reflect very badly on the UofO (back when I went there no one would even know the event was happening. Ah good old apathy) and on Canada as a whole. Really this just gives Coulter more fodder. It would have been far better if they had allowed her to speech and then calmly debated her. Given her tactic of replying with insults it would have shown her for what she is. With luck this will happen when she hits Calgary.

I agree it would have been better is she had been allowed to put her own foot in her mouth, it does send a message though that we don't care for her hate lectures. It's not even a speech issue really as she was asked to come and give her talk and no school or government said she couldn't. It was the people themselves that didn't want to hear her crap so she can't really say speech is limited here but she will.

I have a feeling tommorow when she gets here it will be the same thing. I imagine Calgary security will be tighter than a flies butt given what happened last night. Plus because of the news she has recieved I bet there will be twice as many protestors tommorow. Should prove interesting though.

Wonder what it would take to have Canada keep her.

Her and Fred Phelps need dropped on an island.

Nibs

We don't want her no way lol and we won't let Freddy into Canada ;) your stuck with them... I think the two of them should go to Iraq and give a speech to lift the troops spirits hmmmmmm

We don't want her no way lol and we won't let Freddy into Canada ;) your stuck with them... I think the two of them should go to Iraq and give a speech to lift the troops spirits hmmmmmm

She obviously disrespected Canada and Canadians. We, in Canada, have the right of free speach, but we do not have the right to spread violance and hatered against anyone.

She is welcome to say her opinion and position even though I might not agree with her, but she has no right to come to Canada and insult it's citizens no matter of background.

Not her, not anyone else.

She obviously disrespected Canada and Canadians. We, in Canada, have the right of free speach, but we do not have the right to spread violance and hatered against anyone.

She is welcome to say her opinion and position even though I might not agree with her, but she has no right to come to Canada and insult it's citizens no matter of background.

Not her, not anyone else.

Very true and if she can't figure out why Canadians don't like her and her hate speech then there is no hope for her. I don't know what she expects as she has insulted Canada and it's citizens for years now and you just don't do that. It would be like going to someones house for dinner on an invite and insulting the host. Not to many will sit back and take it in there own home.

Umm...who? I don't know who you are talking about. All Amercian citizens are accounted for, none missing, all at home eating poutine McDonalds.

If you have an extra person running around, blond, tall, loud, possibly insane, you have to keep her.

The US is backing this up with the "Finders/Keepers" law.

:P

Nibs

Umm...who? I don't know who you are talking about. All Amercian citizens are accounted for, none missing, all at home eating poutine McDonalds.

If you have an extra person running around, blond, tall, loud, possibly insane, you have to keep her.

The US is backing this up with the "Finders/Keepers" law.

:P

Nibs

Damn that finders keepers law errrrr. Now we have to figure out what zoo to keep her in damn it LOL

Serious for a moment -

I don't like her views and don't agree with them but that isn't my issue with her. She's just obnoxious, rude and mean. You don't need to be that way to get your point across, in fact, I think many turn against her for that reason.

Nibs

Coulter is a great American and it is shame that there are so many hateful leftists in Canada. First Ann got a hateful e-mail from a school administrator with veiled threats of filing charges against her and then all of the hateful left-wingers surround the school with sticks and rocks threatening violence in order to get her event cancelled. At least this now illustrates how hypocritical the hateful Canadian leftists are. There are even pictures on-line of hateful Canadian leftists wearing the Pashmina scarf (the same as worn by rock-throwing, car-bombing, suicide-mission terrorists!) screaming in hateful rage and getting in the face of Coulter supporters.

Coulter is a great American and it is shame that there are so many hateful leftists in Canada. First Ann got a hateful e-mail from a school administrator with veiled threats of filing charges against her and then all of the hateful left-wingers surround the school with sticks and rocks threatening violence in order to get her event cancelled. At least this now illustrates how hypocritical the hateful Canadian leftists are. There are even pictures on-line of hateful Canadian leftists wearing the Pashmina scarf (the same as worn by rock-throwing, car-bombing, suicide-mission terrorists!) screaming in hateful rage and getting in the face of Coulter supporters.

...I'm going to assume your joking because that didn't happen at all.

...I'm going to assume your joking because that didn't happen at all.

Not joking and it did happen. Why do you think that the police had to cancel the event?

Not joking and it did happen. Why do you think that the police had to cancel the event?

Wait a minute...it's ok for Coulter to spew her hate and vitrol but not ok for people to protest it?

WAS there violence?

Nibs

Ok then...

1) The email is question was a reminder to Coulter that laws are different in Canada and that some of the things she's been known to say might get her in trouble. There were no threats and it wasn't hateful at all.

2) There were no sticks or rocks used at all last night.

3) Both sides were yelling at least other not just the people who were protesting Coulter.

4) The police were called in because there were two thousand people gathered in a small space yelling at each other. They were called to prevent any violence not stop violence that was already happening.

5) The police did not cancel the event the university, in agreement from Coulter's people, did. It was Coulter's bodyguard who made the final call.

6) If Coulter is an example of a great American then the US has sunk far deeper than anyone could have expected.

Serious your lack of understanding about what happened last night is truely amazing.

Edited by Corp

Canada, the land of hate speech laws. Why Coulter would even want to go there is beyond me.

Wait a minute...it's ok for Coulter to spew her hate and vitrol but not ok for people to protest it?

WAS there violence?

Nibs

The left-wing spew their hate everyday and no one stops them in anyway. There were threats of violence in this case by the hateful left-wing.

yadda yadda yadda...Listen, buddy. Your great american slu aham lady is a guest in my country. She better behave and respect our laws.

I am sure you americans would welcome with wide open arms Ahmedinedjad and the north korean dwarf.

For us there is no difference between Ann, Nutahmad, Ping Pong and anybody else who spreads hatered.

Ok then...

1) The email is question was a reminder to Coulter that laws are different in Canada and that some of the things she's been known to say might get her in trouble. There were no threats and it wasn't hateful at all.

2) There were no sticks or rocks used at all last night.

3) Both sides were yelling at least other not just the people who were protesting Coulter.

4) The police were called in because there were two thousand people gathered in a small space yelling at each other. They were called to prevent any violence not stop violence that was already happening.

5) The police did not cancel the event the university, in agreement from Coulter's people, did. It was Coulter's bodyguard who made the final call.

6) If Coulter is an example of a great American then the US has sunk far deeper than anyone could have expected.

Serious your lack of understanding about what happened last night is truely amazing.

Believe what you want but it was the intolerant hateful leftists who caused the speech to be canceled. According to Coulter there were protesters with rocks and sticks and I have seen pictures of leftists screaming in violent rage and poking their fingers at supporters of Coulter.

yadda yadda yadda...Listen, buddy. Your great american slu aham lady is a guest in my country. She better behave and respect our laws.

I am sure you americans would welcome with wide open arms Ahmedinedjad and the north korean dwarf.

For us there is no difference between Ann, Nutahmad, Ping Pong and anybody else who spreads hatered.

It is obvious the hateful leftists in Canada are the ones who do not respect their own laws. It is also the leftists who welcome with open arms Ahmedinedjad (the leftists already have) and it is the hateful leftists who defend terrorists and dictators all of the time and welcome them.

The left-wing spew their hate everyday and no one stops them in anyway. There were threats of violence in this case by the hateful left-wing.

Source? Please show me where she was threatened with violence for this visit.

She encourages violence - Source

I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo.

Her column; December 21, 2005

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.

I'm a Christian first, and a mean-spirited, bigoted conservative second, and don't you ever forget it.

If Democrats had Any Brains, They'd be Republicans, ISBN 0307408957, p. 77

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.

[8]" September 12, 2001

Perhaps we could put aside our national, ongoing, post-9/11 Muslim butt-kissing contest and get on with the business at hand: Bombing Syria back to the stone age and then permanently disarming Iran.

Muslim Bites Dog; February 15, 2006

My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building.

New York Observer article; August 26, 2002

Of course I regret it. I should have added 'after everyone had left the building except the editors and the reporters.'

rightwingnews.com; June 26, 2003

On her (above) statement concerning Timothy McVeigh

Like I said, I really don't care much about her views one way or another. It's her delivery that I find offensive.

Now, she wants to go into another country but is balking at following their laws? Doesn't that make her a hypocrite?

Nibs

Canada, the land of hate speech laws. Why Coulter would even want to go there is beyond me.

Yeah, I do not understand it either. Didn't she know that the Canadian civilisation is far more advanced and that she would never fit in? Tsstsstss.