Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow People Dream

para-david

Ok guys, here goes. It begins long ago when I first started to have this dream/s. I have this dream/a very often. I have this dreams for a long time, and I realized that its something from the paranormal this morning. So eve ry time I have this dream/s It's really scary. In the dream there is always a shadow human with a hooded figure, I don't know if he has eyes I haven't noticed that. He wants to kill my family, every time he kills my Dad and Mom first the same way...So every time same begining different end. he kills my parents first, then he's gone for I while and every time I go and look for my sister, I'll find her, but at the same moment I'm seeing him and tell my sister that he's coming. (and here is the interesting part, as I said every time this dream has its own different end) I can't remember every end of the dream to tell you, sometimes I wake up from the dream and don't finish it, sometimes I kill my self knowing that this is only a dream. Knowing this is only a dream I can't wake up, becouse I think it's just a regular, usual, everyday dream, I haven't realized till this morning that this dream it's repeating it self, and that a shadow human is killing my family.....AND THAT I kill my self just to wakeup and leave my sister alone in the dream with the killer and his knife. When I kill my self I do that in the heart always and it feels kind of funny, but still there is a pain in the chest. i really don't know what this dream supposed to mean, but I think it's not a big deal.....!!! What do you think ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• para-david

• SlimJim22

• Stygean Hugh

Ok guys, here goes. It begins long ago when I first started to have this dream/s. I have this dream/a very often. I have this dreams for a long time, and I realized that its something from the paranormal this morning. So eve ry time I have this dream/s It's really scary. In the dream there is always a shadow human with a hooded figure, I don't know if he has eyes I haven't noticed that. He wants to kill my family, every time he kills my Dad and Mom first the same way...So every time same begining different end. he kills my parents first, then he's gone for I while and every time I go and look for my sister, I'll find her, but at the same moment I'm seeing him and tell my sister that he's coming. (and here is the interesting part, as I said every time this dream has its own different end) I can't remember every end of the dream to tell you, sometimes I wake up from the dream and don't finish it, sometimes I kill my self knowing that this is only a dream. Knowing this is only a dream I can't wake up, becouse I think it's just a regular, usual, everyday dream, I haven't realized till this morning that this dream it's repeating it self, and that a shadow human is killing my family.....AND THAT I kill my self just to wakeup and leave my sister alone in the dream with the killer and his knife. When I kill my self I do that in the heart always and it feels kind of funny, but still there is a pain in the chest. i really don't know what this dream supposed to mean, but I think it's not a big deal.....!!! What do you think ?

If you can recognize you are dreaming while still in the dream then you are becoming lucid. May I suggest you try taking on this shadow man. As a kid I used to have terrible nightmares and they way I cured it was to watch horror films and then although I would be afraid I could channel my fear and become even more fearsome than what I encountered in my dreams. Rather than being rohetic the majority of dreams are reflections of our subconscious so the dream is probably expressing your fear of losing your family. Don't be fooled into thinking you dreams are coming true it may be just that your subconscious is challenging you and trying get your consciousness to respond in a positive way.

Let me know if you agree or not, I'd be hay to share some techniques for creating a fearsome avatar for yourself so that you can take charge and not feel scared of the shadows.

May I suggest you try taking on this shadow man.

can't understand you...are you telling me to somehow try to kill this shadow man in the dream ???

can't understand you...are you telling me to somehow try to kill this shadow man in the dream ???

Obviously, I don't know precisely what occurs in your dream and how real it seems. The likelihood is that it is not real but part of your deep subconscious. When I have encountered such things I don't know if I've actually thought to do harm but definitely to protect myself and fight if necessary. Sorry if I sound crazy but the key in being lucid in your dreams is in knowing it is your dream and you have absolute power. Do as you please, I like to conjure an avatar for myself if I ever feel threatened, which does happen from time to time.

Try and do a little mind exerecise before you sleep so that you have a strong field of positive energy around you and dispel this demon of yours. I may have an advantage in that I grew up playing table top games and RPG's. Anyone can do it though, all you need is imagination.

If you want something more academic or constructive I have really benefitted from reading about shamans and their mysteries but all fictional reading will help I believe.

have a strong field of positive energy around you and dispel this demon of yours.

I don't think it's a demon or something paranormal at all, cos (you probably don't know this) but I'm an orthodox christian, that means my house is blessed by a priest, so no negative energy or evil spirits posses us or our house or do damage in our home. But if it is then its something I rly want to confront it/him.

I almost never think or clear my mind before I go to sleep that's why I get a lot of sleep paralysis. Not every day, but rly often.

Ok, so you are dreaming of a hooded figure, that you believe to be a supernatural entity. I think there is a very simple explanation to this dream. You may have a subconscious fear of abandonment, or control issues, as the plot of this dream addresses both these issues. Clearly, something beyond your control is taking the most essential part of your family from you, abandoning you, and there for you attempt to protect your sister. I agree with, SlimJim, honestly. You have expressed that you realize at some point in the dream that you are dreaming. This is called lucid dreaming. The next step after realizing you are dreaming is to confront this shadow person. I do disagree with this shadow person being paranormal/supernatural. I think it is simply your minds manifestation and personification of fear of the unknown and circumstances beyond your control. Good luck.

Edited by stygeanhue

Ok, so you are dreaming of a hooded figure, that you believe to be a supernatural entity. I think there is a very simple explanation to this dream. You may have a subconscious fear of abandonment, or control issues, as the plot of this dream addresses both these issues. Clearly, something beyond your control is taking the most essential part of your family from you, abandoning you, and there for you attempt to protect your sister. I agree with, SlimJim, honestly. You have expressed that you realize at some point in the dream that you are dreaming. This is called lucid dreaming. The next step after realizing you are dreaming is to confront this shadow person. I do disagree with this shadow person being paranormal/supernatural. I think it is simply your minds manifestation and personification of fear of the unknown and circumstances beyond your control. Good luck.

I know all that. But thanks for your reply.Yes, i know it's my dream but never heard of controling it. Tonight I had 4 or 5 dreams in a row, they weren't lucid cos the difference is much more bigger and you can feel the lucid when it's happening.