Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ultimate Patterson film topic.

JonathanVonErich

It's funny how like 3 or 4 people have claimed to be "the guy in the suit" over the years but yet no one has come fourth with the suit.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonathanVonErich

• psyche101

• DieChecker

• Neognosis

It's funny how like 3 or 4 people have claimed to be "the guy in the suit" over the years but yet no one has come fourth with the suit.

it's possible the suit is long gone. Things go missing it's highly possible it's just sitting stuffed away in some closet or shed place buried somewhere, or what have you, it could've been destroyed any number of things. Also Patterson lost the original print of the film or he just got rid of it and said it was lost. So it's not like he's good at keeping track of some things. If he really was fond of his film why didn't he keep the original around?

if this is indeed a hoax i'm sure Patterson got rid of the suit as soon as possible...he didn't knew that one day there will be a thing called ebay...

No, you saw something that you think was Bigfoot. Unfortunately for your beliefs, Bigfoot does not exist. Ergo you must have seen something else that actually exists, or you are simply lying.

Look, You know nothing about me and I suspect you know very little about the world around you. I grew up in the general area where I had my sighting and have seen every animal indiginous to that area. I was raise on a farm in the country and have hunted since I was about 8 or 9 years old. That would be 1953 or 54. I'm not prone to see imaginary animals or to see one type animal and come to the conclusion that it's another type. To insinuate that I'm lying REALY p***es me off. If you don't believe that there's a bigfoot, that's fine, that's your opinion. But to go around saying it's a fact that bigfoot doesn't exist, then that's another story. Another thing, bigfoot is not just my belief, I saw it and her young so I know in my own mind that they are out there. Like I said before, I was a skeptic about bigfoot untill I saw the tracks in the snow and followed them. That's why I said that most skeptics will have to see on their selves to change their minds.

Odie

Is it time to post the three legged bear video again or should I wait?

I've seen bears walk on their hind legs and what I saw wasn't a bear and her young.

Odie

if this is indeed a hoax i'm sure Patterson got rid of the suit as soon as possible...he didn't knew that one day there will be a thing called ebay...

Patterson was dying of cancer. This film was to be his legacy to keep his wife going when he was gone. He would have burned the suit. I think Patterson believed, and thought he was going to be the first person to present this creature to the world. I doubt he ever imagined his suit would be argued over 43 years down the track. Although Sanderson's success with his publication be what got his creative juices flowing. He was very excited at the success of it.

Patty is dead, long live Patty.

4304978727_002025f357_o.jpg

Here is another interesting read. Did Roger Patterson Stage His "Ape Canyon" Photograph?

Too many people corroborate Bob Heirnimous' story for it to not be true.

3790698201_d7498bf51a_o.gif

Edited by psyche101

So in that case the same people who made the suit should be able to make another one just as convincing. Too bad that hasn't happend

It sure has. :)

3790698201_d7498bf51a_o.gif

Hard to tell which is which without a real close look!

I see nothing convincing about the suit in the Patterson video. I bet if the video were more crystal clear shot in HD you would see how fake it really is. But now it was shot in 1967 on crappy film. Also Patterson claims to have shown the film to people at Universal. But who are these unnamed people? he never gave any clues we only have his word that he talked to people that said it couldn't be done without hollywood. I don't see why people cling to this idea that he showed the film to Universal when there is no real evidence of that only his word and since he is a known faker and a liar why would people believe him?

Even at this dubious quality, the feet ask many questions.

bfpatterson2.jpg

Even at this dubious quality, the feet ask many questions.

bfpatterson2.jpg

Hadn't noticed that before, but you're quite right. That doesn't look natural even in this grainy picture.

I find it interesting that some people have trouble accepting that ONE gorilla suit would be impossible to hide, yet they accept that an entire live species of giant ape living in our ecosystem, eating, traveling, reproducing, dying, etc. can stay hidden.

The rather obvious answer is that the suit was so well made that the Bigfeet decided it must be one of them, and dispatched their special forces cleanup team to retrieve the evidence.

The Gable film proves that you don't need anything overly elaborate to make a semi-convincing film...

However, the Patterson film, even if were 100 proven fake, doesn't make or break Bigfoot.

The reason I still have my doubts, is just the sheer number of people who have claimed to see it. Discounting liars, mistaken IDs, drunks, swamp gas, and a number of other things, there is still a decent percentage of 'believable' testimony. That in and of itself gives me reason to think there is a possibility.

I know logically a Bigfoot makes very little sense, but I just can't shake the compelling witnesses. How could they ALL be wrong?

snip

Hmm if you don't want your make belief story challenged then perhaps you should go to the BFRO website. They would be more than happy to indulge your selfish fantasy unquestioningly over there.

Here however there are some people who indulge in such foreign concepts as "logic" and "reason".

Edited by Dr.Sexy

I know logically a Bigfoot makes very little sense, but I just can't shake the compelling witnesses. How could they ALL be wrong?

Yes they can be. Look at other cryptids like the Loch Ness monster which have essentially been proven 100% fictitious. How many "reliable" eyewitness accounts did it have ?

Its best to just look at Bigfoot as some sort of modern day myth. Thousands of years ago I bet the greeks were having these same sort of debates over the existence of the Cyclops . . .

Hadn't noticed that before, but you're quite right. That doesn't look natural even in this grainy picture.

Can see the headline now.

BIGFOOT LIKES MOCCASINS :w00t:

This is what the FBRO says about Hieronimous:

At least this confessor lived in Yakima (where Patterson was from). Hieronimous claims he was friends with Roger Patterson, and accompanied Patterson and Gimlin to Nor Cal with his costume. Patterson's widow says he's lying. Bob Gimlin says he's lying. No one can corroborate Hieronimous' claim that he accompanied Patterson and Gimlin. Various living witnesses near Bluff Creek say Patterson and Gimlin were not accompanied by anyone. No one ever saw Hieronimous with those two. Hieronimous doesn't know where they went exactly, or which route they too ... Indeed, there is every reason to believe Hieronimous is trying to attach himself to the Patterson story with his own fiction.

Roger Patterson apparently knew Bob Hieronimous before he obtained the footage in 1967. Patterson had been wanting to film a low budget documentary about the subject. He organzied some people in Yakima for some stock scenes on horseback for his film. Bob Hieronimous was apparently one of those people, but that appears to be the extend of his assocation with Roger.

When Hieronimous was asked, during an in-depth, on-camera interview why he was coming forward 40 years after the fact ... his reply confused the interviewer a bit. Hieronimous said, "All these people have been making money off that footage for years. It's my turn now."

http://www.bfro.net/news/korff_scam.asp

Could be complete lies as far as I know. Long's book was a Debunk effort, so it is not unlikely that he would just not include any easily dismissed evidence. Authors do it all the time.

It is basically one person's word against another, with individual bias affecting which way one leans. Who is a liar? Heironimus, or Patterson and Gimlin?

In separate incidents, Bernard Hammermeister and Heironimus's relatives (mother Opal and nephew John Miller) claim to have seen an ape suit in Heironimus' car. The relatives say they saw the suit two days after the film was shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson-Gimlin_film

Wiki says that The ape suit was in Heironimus's trunk a couple days after, but some rumors said Heironimus had been trying to scare people with it for quite a while already

Edited by DieChecker

Hmm if you don't want your make belief story challenged then perhaps you should go to the BFRO website. They would be more than happy to indulge your selfish fantasy unquestioningly over there.

Here however there are some people who indulge in such foreign concepts as "logic" and "reason".

Then "logic and reason" what people are seeing. Go on... Proove what it is that they ARE seeing. You must have some kind of good answer, or are you just following others lead?

Yes they can be. Look at other cryptids like the Loch Ness monster which have essentially been proven 100% fictitious. How many "reliable" eyewitness accounts did it have ?

The number of "good" Nessie reports can be listed on one page of a book. There are litterally hundreds of reports of Bigfoot every decade> There are multiple dozens of clear short range visual sightings that describe a huge hairy biped every year, some even during the day, in sunlight. Could even a old jewish grandmother from Queens mistake a black bear for a 8 foot humanid on a clear sunny day?

One more person who could be wrong... you Dr. Sexy. :lol:

Ain't passion a real thing of beauty to watch unfold ;)

Internal lInK says it all for me.

Edited by Belial

Alright I'm going to take the 10 seconds of the 3 legged bear video where it is walking behind some trees, and post it on youtube as a Bigfoot video.

How many people do you think will believe that its Bigfoot. Hell maybe I should submit it to BFRO as well !

It's amazing what photo trickery can be had my friend ;)

Belial...

What does your sig mean?

I helped Belial work out string theory. My vest as Vanished.

Just curious. Is it supposed to make sense?

Alright I'm going to take the 10 seconds of the 3 legged bear video where it is walking behind some trees, and post it on youtube as a Bigfoot video.

How many people do you think will believe that its Bigfoot. Hell maybe I should submit it to BFRO as well !

I say do it. :tu: Submit whatever you want to the BFRO. I actually dare people to submit Junk Reports and then let's see if any of them get published online. :yes: That will give one side or the other Bragging Rights, No? B):w00t:

The rather obvious answer is that the suit was so well made that the Bigfeet decided it must be one of them, and dispatched their special forces cleanup team to retrieve the evidence.

:w00t:

That is the best answer I have ever heard.

:rofl:

Let us know how you go. :tu:

This will prove interesting.

This is what the FBRO says about Hieronimous:

http://www.bfro.net/news/korff_scam.asp

Could be complete lies as far as I know. Long's book was a Debunk effort, so it is not unlikely that he would just not include any easily dismissed evidence. Authors do it all the time.

It is basically one person's word against another, with individual bias affecting which way one leans. Who is a liar? Heironimus, or Patterson and Gimlin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson-Gimlin_film

Wiki says that The ape suit was in Heironimus's trunk a couple days after, but some rumors said Heironimus had been trying to scare people with it for quite a while already

Ohh, real impartial there.

From the link

The strategy for analysis of the Patterson creature built upon strategies employed in prior documentaries, namely "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science" and at least one episode of Monsterquest (History Channel).

That's not a bad thing. The three different examinations all mutually corroborate each other in various ways. The mathematical data of the latest examination gives a more precise measurement of the Patterson creature's height:

Monsterquest data to corroborate the height. :rolleyes: Ohh yeah, that's convincing.

Between the beginning of 1996 and the end of 1999, a new crop of PGF debunking rumors blossomed,

Seems their minds are well and truly made up before starting?

The stories did not corroborate each other.

Bull. To outright lie like this is unforgivable. If they have problems with some of the testimony, they should be individually addressed, this type of blanket over all of them shows they don't really have a case just a gripe. Much corroborates tightly, to say otherwise is a complete fabrication. What is the specific problems with Russ Bohannon, Harvey Anderson or John Miller's testimonies for a start?

Ironically, the most influential rumor floating around today is the one inadvertently promoted by the National Geographic Channel a few years back, in 2005 ... The series title was "Is it Real?". The episode title was "Bigfoot." Youtubery of this old episode can be accessed below.

The episode featured a new liar "confessing" to be "the man in the costume." His name is Bob Hieronimous.

Hrrmzz, yes, Nat Geo filmed a Liar, who managed to overcome 2 lie detector tests, but they take Monsterquest as gospel. How do they come of with such an insult as to call Bob a liar? That is their opinion, they have a long way to go before proving that, but the court has made this decision. Would fit right in down here, never seen such a joke of a Kangaroo court system. Guilty before innocent.

His "confession" has even found its way into foreign publications describing nature mysteries around the world.

That has sure upset them hasn't it! Does the world not deserve to hear this alleged liar tell his side of the tale? Why do they see such a need to suppress Bob? Could it be that he threatens their religion? Why yes, that seems a fair assumption!

They seem to overlook the fact that Patterson and Gimlin initially reported their "sighting" as 2 hours apart! Pastterson claims it happened at 1:30PM, Gimlin says the sighting took place at 3:30PM?

They are right in that Bob did have a Gorilla suit as well. Dressing up as a Gorilla was what he considered a real laugh. They fail to mention he had done this several times before, and that Paterson knew Bob prior to the alleged encounter. Consider the Philip Morris, Patterson, Heironimous and Harvey Anderson testimonies. We have a man that made suits, a man that advised (Patterson himself) how to make believable tracks, a man that wanted to make a Bigfoot documentary (as his first attempt was quite sad) and a man that took humor in wearing such a suit who happened to be Bob Gimlins neighbour. Then the man that desperately wanted to make a documentary that was dying of cancer managed to stumble on something so fantastic that we still cannot so much as repeat, or corroborate his incredible success. If you look at all this, and still conclude that the suit is probably real, or a decent chance that this tale is legit, you are ready to go out and purchase your first bridge and moon real estate.

Gee, totally unbiased in their presentation.

Bob Gimlin

Born in Missouri in 1931 and relocated to Yakima at a young age, Bob Gimlin is a tough but intriguing character.

Bob Heironimous

"Confessor" Bob Hieronimous.

In January, 2001, he was quoted

as saying "These Bigfoot people are making money off it. Well, I should be gettin' a little cut of that, see. I'm gettin' nuthin'."

What is next? Crystalinks to prove ancient architecture, or creation-theory.org sites to prove Jesus rode Dinosaurs? Maybe some David Icke to prove Aliens are on earth? Have you really sunk to this level, or was it late when you posted?

Good God man, to see such a thing you need a reputable crowd that does not fall for such weak advertising tricks. That link is an obvious farce. I can fix you up with a decent source to really track these things. :tu: Come see an honest operator.

Edited by psyche101