Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fury as U.S. boy, 11, is to be tried as adult

Still Waters

He doesn't need to be fried or tortured, just put to sleep. There's a reason they've decided he is not going to be rehabbed even though they have the next nine years to try. He can't be. If he's ever let out, hope you and yours don't ever cross his path.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susieice

• Sweetpumper

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

He doesn't need to be fried or tortured, just put to sleep. There's a reason they've decided he is not going to be rehabbed even though they have the next nine years to try. He can't be. If he's ever let out, hope you and yours don't ever cross his path.

We know they won't exicute him and I sure hope he doesn't get out and if he does he's tagged and tracked. I hope they don't let him out is all I can say about this.

sorry i'm not one of the sickos that wants to see this kid fry or be tortured.

Well sorry I'M not one of the oversensitive b****es that thinks they should baby and pamper this double murderer.

Well sorry I'M not one of the oversensitive b****es that thinks they should baby and pamper this double murderer.

Good for you.

I agree with the decision to try this little monster as an adult. He knew what he was doing. And my 12 year old son agrees. He needs to stay in the juvenile penal system until he's 18 and then be transferred to an adult facility for the rest of his life.

Everyone wants to have it both ways. Murder is bad so society kills murderers. But when that killer is a baby face like this kid, no one wants to flip the switch. Make up your dang minds folks. I personally could care less what happens to this boy as long as hes taken off the streets for forever. But he of course won't be, and that will show the blatant hypocrisy of this country once again.

Absolutley not. BUT...don't you think it should be a consideration? Just to lay out an argument....What if the kid was horribly abused by the step-mother, and was putting an end to it? That SHOULD have some consideration....Not to find him 'not guilty' but to at least know why he did it.

But, I still ultimately agree, two wrongs don't make a right. Which is why it cannot be right 'kill' this kid.

hi, just wanted to add my two cents into this :D okay i was abused daily by my mother i.e physical and psychological :( this happened from an early age 2-3 until up to i was 16. ever since a young age i knew right from wrong, i knew what she was doing to my brothers and i was wrong. but i knew she was sick so i don't hold this against her. I NEVER picked up a gun and shot the brains out of my mother! what would that do? sure the abuse would have stopped BUT the scars from it will still be there, not to mention the trouble that i would be in :D so really for me i can't see why that would be an excuse for what he did to his step-mother at all.

<QueenoftheFairies>

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm a little appalled at some of these repiles. The death sentence? On a child? That's taking it too far. However, at the age of 11, he must have known right from wrong and I am by no means saying that they should just let him off the hook. He should be tried as an adult and given the full extent of the punishment.

hi, just wanted to add my two cents into this :D okay i was abused daily by my mother i.e physical and psychological :( this happened from an early age 2-3 until up to i was 16. ever since a young age i knew right from wrong, i knew what she was doing to my brothers and i was wrong. but i knew she was sick so i don't hold this against her. I NEVER picked up a gun and shot the brains out of my mother! what would that do? sure the abuse would have stopped BUT the scars from it will still be there, not to mention the trouble that i would be in :D so really for me i can't see why that would be an excuse for what he did to his step-mother at all.

<QueenoftheFairies>

First of all, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You're right, killing your mother wouldn't erase anything. But, not all people who are abused has that amount of clarity. They feel trapped and alone, and may not be able to see any way out at all.

And, I don't think of it as an excuse at all. First of all, it's just conjecture thinking that abuse was even involved. Secondly, it's just an attempt to understand WHY he would do it. I suppose when horrible things like this happen, niave folks like me have to think there was a reason.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You're right, killing your mother wouldn't erase anything. But, not all people who are abused has that amount of clarity. They feel trapped and alone, and may not be able to see any way out at all.

And, I don't think of it as an excuse at all. First of all, it's just conjecture thinking that abuse was even involved. Secondly, it's just an attempt to understand WHY he would do it. I suppose when horrible things like this happen, niave folks like me have to think there was a reason.

thank-you :D yes i'm lucky i had that much clarity :D i mean i won't deny there were times were i would sit down and wonder what i could do to her to make it stop. thankfully i never put them into practise. if both of the parents were abusing him my logic would be that he would have punished both of them? as stupid as this sounds, but there are other options out there for this young man, heck run to the police station etc. just a thought. personally i don't think this was the case for him, i feel he wasn't abused, personally when you are even if you have the plan to do this you won't pull through because you can't trust anyone, you are worried you will get beaten more and more. so you just sit there.

<QueenoftheFairies>

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm a little appalled at some of these repiles. The death sentence? On a child? That's taking it too far. However, at the age of 11, he must have known right from wrong and I am by no means saying that they should just let him off the hook. He should be tried as an adult and given the full extent of the punishment.

and if that punishment were death if he was an adult.

And so he should be. Do they have the death penalty in that state?

To answer this question, yes, although it's rarely enacted. Much worse cases with multiple victims have received life without the possibility of parole. At least he didn't kill the other kids. Definitely try him as an adult. It will take at least 20 years of serious rehabilitation to see if this kid should ever be released in society again. I do support the death penalty in many cases, but if this child makes an effort while he is in prison and doesn't become part of the worse section of the population, which could happen, maybe he may be retrievable in another 30 years.

I am of two minds. Do I actually bother to say anything? Or do I just revel in the hypocricy?

"Man murders 12 year old boy"

Forums response: Kill him and let him burn in hell

"Child, 12, murders"

I don't think anyone actually looks into the cause and effect of things in this boys life, or what mental anguish he is going through...

..oh wait, sorry that doesn't matter because he's killed someone. Sorry, I forgot that at 12 you're perfectly capable of not making any mistake.

And basing his murder on the fact that he has 'cold eyes' is just ...I've lost the will. I really have. :sleepy:

No doubt this'll get *snipped*. I'm just in such disbelief.

It will take at least 20 years of serious rehabilitation to see if this kid should ever be released in society again.

No it won't. That's why they're trying him as an adult.

20 years of rehab. LMAO.

Edited by Sweetpumper

I am of two minds. Do I actually bother to say anything? Or do I just revel in the hypocricy?

Just revel in it. It's just like swimming, eventually you get used to the cold water.... :rolleyes:

No it won't. That's why they're trying him as an adult.

20 years of rehab. LMAO.

No, he's being tried as an adult so he doesn't walk in 10 years under juvenile law. When I look at the pictures of the kid, I see one who is spoiled and selfish. Puts me a bit to mind of Pugsley Adams. 20-30 years in a lockup can do a lot of things to an 11 yr. old. He may well become so hardened he can never be released.

Editted to add... Do you really think an 11 yr. old boy is going to be given a death sentence without 30 yrs. of appeals at which time a 41 yr. old man is going to plead how this crime was committed when he was only 11 yrs. old. No doubt by then dad will be in front of the parole board with him pleading his case. A sentence of life without parole is possible, but not likely because of his age. What happens to this kid in prison and his behavior there is going to be the determining factor of whether or not he'll be released. I don't think anyone needs to worry that will happen anytime soon.

Edited by susieice

"Man murders 12 year old boy"

"Child, 12, murders"

I don't think anyone actually looks into the cause and effect of things in this boys life, or what mental anguish he is going through...

..oh wait, sorry that doesn't matter because he's killed someone. Sorry, I forgot that at 12 you're perfectly capable of not making any mistake.

And basing his murder on the fact that he has 'cold eyes' is just ...I've lost the will. I really have. :sleepy:

I feel like that too which is why I dont come into this section very often. :blink:

And to judge him based on those few pics is unwise I think and to say that a 12yr should be murdered by the state because you can see the coldness in his eyes(from a mug shot..), or from assuming he cant be helped(he is only 12..), is just bizarre.

No, he's being tried as an adult so he doesn't walk in 10 years under juvenile law. When I look at the pictures of the kid, I see one who is spoiled and selfish. Puts me a bit to mind of Pugsley Adams. 20-30 years in a lockup can do a lot of things to an 11 yr. old. He may well become so hardened he can never be released.

Editted to add... Do you really think an 11 yr. old boy is going to be given a death sentence without 30 yrs. of appeals at which time a 41 yr. old man is going to plead how this crime was committed when he was only 11 yrs. old. No doubt by then dad will be in front of the parole board with him pleading his case. A sentence of life without parole is possible, but not likely because of his age. What happens to this kid in prison and his behavior there is going to be the determining factor of whether or not he'll be released. I don't think anyone needs to worry that will happen anytime soon.

he is being tried as an adult because the doctors said he couldnt change. ie no rehabilitation will work.

he is being tried as an adult because the doctors said he couldnt change. ie no rehabilitation will work.

Doctors tend to say lots of things that arnt actually true.

Like for example just recently in Australia the doctors were telling everybody to vaccinate their children(all ages)from the flu and that is was prefectly fine blah blah blah you cant get sick from it blah blah blah... then a few weeks later heaps of kids under five years old are going to emergency wards because they got dangerous reactions from it. Now they have stopped giving the free flu vaccination to anyone under five because they see that they were wrong. But of course its perfectly fine to still give it to a six yr... :blink:

Link

So I think never trust a doctor.

They said he couldn't be rehabilitated before the expiration of the juristiction of the juvenile court system according to the article. This boy needs to be kept in prison for a long time before release can even be considered, he needs to fess up to what he did and stop denying it. That's his own selfish sense of preservation and he needs to loose that first before anything constructive can begin. Maybe he can, maybe he can't. At his age though, a death sentence will never work, it would be commuted at the least, after years of appeal. An adult no but a child maybe. If he doesn't reform, he'll never get out. His behavior in prison will keep him there.

Had to edit cause I just saw that the article says life without parole will be mandatory in this boy's case. That's what all the uproar is about. He's never going to get out and he's the youngest person in the US to face this sentence. OK so oh well. What worries me is that this 11 yr. old boy had such easy access to this weapon.

Edited by susieice

I know a lot of you can't accept the fact that some people are just born evil, but it's a truth we have to deal with, like it or not.

No. It was pre-meditated murder with a concious effort to cover up after the fact. I still will not advocate the execution of an 11 yr. old kid. This boy will be sentenced to life without the possiblity of parole at his age and he deserves evey minute he serves, but, why and how did an 11 yr. old have unsupervised possession of a shotgun in the first place? It is not a Christmas toy. Kids get angry and throw temper tantrums all the time.

I know a lot of you can't accept the fact that some people are just born evil, but it's a truth we have to deal with, like it or not.

What's born evil? Jealousy and anger are also truths we have to deal with, like it or not. For an 11 yr. old that's not evil, that's immaturity, a problem some adults have never outgrown. I think this boy was spoiled and accustomed to having his dad's attention. All of a sudden he has to share his world with a whole new family and he can't control it. Whether or not this woman hurt him in some way or taunted him remains to be seen at trial. You can't just say this kid is evil, because you don't yet know the facts. How can you say he's unrehabilitatable? I'm not worried. If he is he's never getting out.