Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Contest: Design a UM Ad Graphic

Saru

This is an idea that Blue-Scorpion helped me come up with earlier today, what i'm looking for are replacement site ad graphics that other web sites can use to link back to Unexplained Mysteries. The current ones are rather old and I could definately use some new ones.

Here are the current ones to give you an idea of what i'm looking for:

120x30 pixels

user posted image

120x60

user posted image

You can try your hand at either one or the other or both. You can also enter as many different designs as you like. Don't do animated GIFs, as most sites won't be too happy using them.

The best ones will be used on Unexplained Mysteries as the official advert graphics that other site's use to link to us with.

Good luck, and thanks in advance to everyone who gives this a try thumbsup.gif

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doomgirl

• Scorpius

• joc

• Nikolaos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another Question, what's the maximum size for the advertisement. Just in case someone doesn't give us a full page worth of advertisement. laugh.giftongue.gif

Oh, and another problem. What about copyrighted images? Some of us might use images from other websites and use it for the advertisement. What do we do?

Edited by Blue-Scorpion

The size of the advert has to be 120x30 or 120x60, as those are the standard sizes for small 'button' advert graphics. You can also try a 468x60 banner advert as well.

As far as using images from other sites, it should be ok as long as the images are not copyrighted to someone, general paranormal clipart and images such as those in the gallery will usualy be all right to use for this.

Well here's the first UM advertisement, made by me, in honour of this cool website.

Hope you like it. I'll try and make more. thumbsup.gif It was fun. grin2.gif

post-68-1088282180.jpg

SO cool. why is everybody using grays? i feel like using something else.

EDIT: there. for some reason, it always looks smaller when i save it to my computer. now it looks too big.

user posted image

Edited by man_in_mudboots

I'm pinning this contest since it is a bit important for the promotion of this website.

Edit: Stretched the pic to fit banner length, I also inverted it. original.gif

post-68-1088362609.jpg

Edited by Mentalcase

It's good MC thumbsup.gif

but remember that the ad has to be either 120x30 or 120x60 pixels in size, as those are the standard button ad format sizes. wink2.gif

I'm not having much luck at resizing it.

The best way to do it is to design the image with the correct size in mind to begin with, rather than making a larger one and trying to shrink it afterwards.

The best way to do it is to design the image with the correct size in mind to begin with, rather than making a larger one and trying to shrink it afterwards.

For some reason I was thinking about a banner the whole time, so that's why it's that size, lol. I should pay more attention next time. tongue.gif

Hey SaRuMaN, who gets to decide which is the best banner?

Dot9M

I'll be deciding which ones will be the winning designs. thumbsup.gif

I made this out of my first attempt, so much for "my only shot at it". wink2.gif It is quite dark, hard to read perhaps. dontgetit.gif

post-68-1088332588.jpg

Edited by Mentalcase

120 x 60:

user posted image

120 x 30:

user posted image

450 x 75:

user posted image

I was bored. =\

Edited by Nikolaos

and another

ooooooo i like this!!!!!!! clap.gif

Edit:- hmmm it no show the piccie lol, but i like the moving one!!! u know by my quote time!!

Edited by Snowbaby

Doomgirl the first and third ones of yours are really awesome.... I really liked the first one in particular... The movement draws your eyes to it, which is the point of advertising, now isn't it???

You guys are all so talented.. I cannot even resize pics to post them... sad.gif

Reese

there.

link to picture thingy

for some reason i couldnt get it to work any other way, so i hope this will.

Edited by man_in_mudboots

Wow great work u guys!!! thumbsup.gif

You guys are all so talented.. I cannot even resize pics to post them... 

Don't worry Reese, ur not alone sad.gif