Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP? VERY scary voicemail plz help!

jennapinna

I was at a friends house, we had dug around earlier that day at a local library about paranormal things. we were sitting in her room when i decided i wanted to call her phone from mine to hear the ringtone she has for me. (small inside joke, its a funny ringtone) i am listening to her talk about something while i figured the phone was ringing. instead of the phone ringing i started to realize it was breathing..i probably looked pretty spooked because my friend asked what was going on, i put it on speaker and it began to try and almost speak, nothing made sense, but when i would speak, it would pause as if it were listening and respond to me. her phone did end up ringing but she pushed end on her cell. the call nearly went on for 3-4 mins of an unknown really scary voice. like it was trying to make out words but could not, it was a very deep almost alien sounding voice. there were also wierd sonar noises in the background. we grew very afraid and took the phone into the other room where her father was and asked him to listen, the phone then began to "freak out" making fast, very loud, sonar like noises, as if it were angry? and then hung up on its own. my friends cell phone then beeped that she had a voicemail. we listened and it was the same voice, but my voice, hers or her fathers was not recorded on it? we had listened to it several times afterwards trying to make out what it was saying, but could not, but started to think the voicemail was changing, but in very small barely noticeable ways. we had my mother listen to it, she was totally freaked out, the third time we listened to it i told her to listen to a party very closesly (before it came up) all the sudden the voicemail TOTALLY changed and there were two loud knocks, it made a wierd noise, then hung up. voicemails do not change, so there has to be some sort of EVP ghost/alien i have no idea. there is a movie, however, called "the fourth kind" i watched it not thinking much of the voicemail until there was a part that the main character, the woman, had recorded something on her small voice recorder that she hadn't known about until her colleague brought it to her attention. the voice on the recording is nearly idential to what we had heard on the voicemail. it's truly gut wrenchingly scary when you hear it and i now believe in some sort of paranormal beings, but if anyone knows of anyway to further explain this, with PROFESSIONAL help please let me know, we have tried contacting locals about it but they don't seem to know what the heck it is.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jennapinna

• Stormcrow

• sinewave

• Coffey

Top Posters In This Topic

Ain't this from a film or something?

Couldn't it be a malfunctioning cell phone?

I'd love to hear a recording of it.

Edited by Purplos

Yes, a recording would be good to listen to.

A couple of gremlins in the system? Ghosts in the machine. Perhaps a metaphor for.....

*cough*

Couldn't it be a malfunctioning cell phone?

I'd love to hear a recording of it.

no the voicemail keeps changing, once it screamed then hung up, then it knocked twice made a wierd noise then hung up, how can a voicemail change?? its pretty scary and i know it's not just something messing up. we recorded it from her camera but it's not distinct enough, we would need some high tech crap that we don't have unless we have someone to help us

I was at a friends house, we had dug around earlier that day at a local library about paranormal things. we were sitting in her room when i decided i wanted to call her phone from mine to hear the ringtone she has for me. (small inside joke, its a funny ringtone) i am listening to her talk about something while i figured the phone was ringing. instead of the phone ringing i started to realize it was breathing..i probably looked pretty spooked because my friend asked what was going on, i put it on speaker and it began to try and almost speak, nothing made sense, but when i would speak, it would pause as if it were listening and respond to me. her phone did end up ringing but she pushed end on her cell. the call nearly went on for 3-4 mins of an unknown really scary voice. like it was trying to make out words but could not, it was a very deep almost alien sounding voice. there were also wierd sonar noises in the background. we grew very afraid and took the phone into the other room where her father was and asked him to listen, the phone then began to "freak out" making fast, very loud, sonar like noises, as if it were angry? and then hung up on its own. my friends cell phone then beeped that she had a voicemail. we listened and it was the same voice, but my voice, hers or her fathers was not recorded on it? we had listened to it several times afterwards trying to make out what it was saying, but could not, but started to think the voicemail was changing, but in very small barely noticeable ways. we had my mother listen to it, she was totally freaked out, the third time we listened to it i told her to listen to a party very closesly (before it came up) all the sudden the voicemail TOTALLY changed and there were two loud knocks, it made a wierd noise, then hung up. voicemails do not change, so there has to be some sort of EVP ghost/alien i have no idea. there is a movie, however, called "the fourth kind" i watched it not thinking much of the voicemail until there was a part that the main character, the woman, had recorded something on her small voice recorder that she hadn't known about until her colleague brought it to her attention. the voice on the recording is nearly idential to what we had heard on the voicemail. it's truly gut wrenchingly scary when you hear it and i now believe in some sort of paranormal beings, but if anyone knows of anyway to further explain this, with PROFESSIONAL help please let me know, we have tried contacting locals about it but they don't seem to know what the heck it is.

Record it/send to your PC and load it up please. If you need assistance in doing this PM me.

Cellular telephone networks are notoriously noisy and have a high call failure rate compared with land lines. Also, the phones themselves are subject to noise and interference from nearby EM sources. There are just way too many possible technical explanations for such a call to even consider a paranormal hypothesis.

Cellular telephone networks are notoriously noisy and have a high call failure rate compared with land lines. Also, the phones themselves are subject to noise and interference from nearby EM sources. There are just way too many possible technical explanations for such a call to even consider a paranormal hypothesis.

not if the voicemail itself keeps changing. a voicemail is a recording, there's no such thing as a voicemail changing. it has done small but noticeable changes over time and two VERY dramatic ones.

What a rip-off. :angry2:

I wanted to hear the message, not read about it.

Your refusal to post recordings because "it keeps changing" or because "it isn't distinct" leads me to believe you're being dishonest. Whether it changes or not shouldn't matter, actually taking a recording of it now would only help in this situation. If you can prove that it's changing, by visually recording yourself opening this particular voice mail numerous times, then you may be on to something.

What a rip-off. :angry2:

I wanted to hear the message, not read about it.

i've tried recording it but its not distinct enough, also have no idea how to upload it on such a site as this. aaaand that's why i've posted something, to try and get professional help TO record the voicemail on something else.

i've tried recording it but its not distinct enough, also have no idea how to upload it on such a site as this. aaaand that's why i've posted something, to try and get professional help TO record the voicemail on something else.

Well, Coffey has offered his assistance. Are you going to take him up on it?

Threads merged

Please avoid reposting the same thread in multiple forum sections.

Thank you.

like i said, i just want professional feedback. thank you.

Well I'm not a professional but I'm pretty sure voicemails aren't suppose to change.....

Your refusal to post recordings because "it keeps changing" or because "it isn't distinct" leads me to believe you're being dishonest. Whether it changes or not shouldn't matter, actually taking a recording of it now would only help in this situation. If you can prove that it's changing, by visually recording yourself opening this particular voice mail numerous times, then you may be on to something.

im not posting it because it changes... that doesn't make sense WHY i wouldn't post it. i'm not posting because A. no idea how even B. if you read correctly it's on my FRIENDS voicemail not mine C. i am merely inquiring professional help THEN i could give them info, but i need professional help BECAUSE we have recorded it on my friends camera but it is not distinct enought so we need professional equiptment to get every small sound. i honestly do not care enough to be dishonest lol maybe there are people on this site that are a little crazy like that, but not i, i just would enjoy some professional assistance and contact info FOR that professional. i am not trying to convince anyone that is a mere bystander to me at this point. pro responses only would be nice :)

Well, Coffey has offered his assistance. Are you going to take him up on it?

haha yesssss i "pm'd him" if thats what its called i just don't understand why you are so interested, because i'm sure that you may never hear it for yourself.

Well I'm not a professional but I'm pretty sure voicemails aren't suppose to change.....

exactly. it's wicked wierd. we've had probably 5-6 people listen to it and think the same. i know it's not some malfunction and it's the scariest thing i've heard. to please everybody (this isn't directed towards you, more the other non believers, which is weird that there are so many when this site is based on unexplained mysteries) i'm going to upload the terrible camera version as soon as i meet up with my friend.

Ain't this from a film or something?

I believe you're thinking of the movie One Missed Call?

im not posting it because it changes... that doesn't make sense WHY i wouldn't post it. i'm not posting because A. no idea how even B. if you read correctly it's on my FRIENDS voicemail not mine C. i am merely inquiring professional help THEN i could give them info, but i need professional help BECAUSE we have recorded it on my friends camera but it is not distinct enought so we need professional equiptment to get every small sound. i honestly do not care enough to be dishonest lol maybe there are people on this site that are a little crazy like that, but not i, i just would enjoy some professional assistance and contact info FOR that professional. i am not trying to convince anyone that is a mere bystander to me at this point. pro responses only would be nice :)

Whether it's on your friends or not really doesn't matter... You've already said that you recorded it once, but it was not distinct. So why not do it again? It's surely distinct enough that if you were to record the next change in the voice mail it would be noticeable.

You really need to give us all some details here, if you expect to get any sort of "professional" help. What sort of camera is it recorded on?

Sorry, but this is a discussion forum. If you wanted responses only from people that believed your phone was haunted then you are in the very wrong spot.

haha yesssss i "pm'd him" if thats what its called i just don't understand why you are so interested, because i'm sure that you may never hear it for yourself.

Really then? Now why I would I not get to hear it?