Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP? VERY scary voicemail plz help!

jennapinna

baahhhhh either my comp sucks or this things just gonna take a while.

nevermind, we are good to go, thanks so much!! "pm" me your email address cause i'm sure i won't be getting on this site again and i'll let you know how it goes.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jennapinna

• Stormcrow

• sinewave

• Coffey

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure is a bizarre story.

I'm knowledgable about audio equipment, and I don't know what could account for what's described. Then again, I have almost no technical knowledge of wireless digital telephony in particular. Maybe there is a simple explanation. The thing to do is get on a forum of telephone experts and ask.

I'll note that telephone shenanigans are a common theme in purportedly true stories of the paranormal. If any of them are true, then it seems that spirits and "aliens" both enjoy playing with our telephones.

The thing is that this would have to occur alongside other strange events in order to make anything of it. Even if telecom engineers can't explain it, by itself it is still just a strange event. But if it forms part of a pattern, then you may be onto something.

Anything else weird going on in your or your friend's life?

PS: to me, hearing the recording on this forum doesn't matter much. We will still only have some vague recording and a story to go with it. It would scarcely help any of us decide what actually happened. I would just as soon grant that a strange recording exists for the sake of discussion.

Sure is a bizarre story.

I'm knowledgable about audio equipment, and I don't know what could account for what's described. Then again, I have almost no technical knowledge of wireless digital telephony in particular. Maybe there is a simple explanation. The thing to do is get on a forum of telephone experts and ask.

I'll note that telephone shenanigans are a common theme in purportedly true stories of the paranormal. If any of them are true, then it seems that spirits and "aliens" both enjoy playing with our telephones.

The thing is that this would have to occur alongside other strange events in order to make anything of it. Even if telecom engineers can't explain it, by itself it is still just a strange event. But if it forms part of a pattern, then you may be onto something.

Anything else weird going on in your or your friend's life?

that day we had done research at a local library on my grandparents old house, thinking it was haunted, wanted to know if someone died in it (was doing an article for a magazine i work for) we also did research on an insane asylum that was shut down that the cops now use, another possible article idea, thats really all that i can think of, but as soon as we started talking about visiting the asylum, was when i called her phone, and was when that happened, coincidence maybe, but i do not doubt that something was going on with the voicemail what so ever. just way too unexplainable for a voicemail to change. after the voicemail, however, she had listened to it alone and it had screamed at her she said and it hung up on her, tv turning on and off, we haven't spoke of it too much since maybe a week after it happened because she is pretty scared about it.

Good thing you're here to tone it down for us! :rofl:

Yikes! Remind me never to get on your bad side. :)

Yikes! Remind me never to get on your bad side. :)

ROFL. I'm only jokin' with the lad. Besides, he's always mean to me. I get to be mean back.

Edited by ebonycrow

She is a meanie ain't she! :w00t:

B)

that day we had done research at a local library on my grandparents old house, thinking it was haunted, wanted to know if someone died in it (was doing an article for a magazine i work for) we also did research on an insane asylum that was shut down that the cops now use, another possible article idea, thats really all that i can think of, but as soon as we started talking about visiting the asylum, was when i called her phone, and was when that happened, coincidence maybe, but i do not doubt that something was going on with the voicemail what so ever. just way too unexplainable for a voicemail to change. after the voicemail, however, she had listened to it alone and it had screamed at her she said and it hung up on her, tv turning on and off, we haven't spoke of it too much since maybe a week after it happened because she is pretty scared about it.

Research has a way of priming the imagination for just such perceptions. I am not saying that is the case here but you could just be scaring yourself.

Well, here you have a possible pattern of events that can't be explained by a telephone malfunction, and a possible paranormal explanation.

You could try looking into the old house and the asylum again and see if the weirdness starts up again.

Or maybe you'd rather steer clear of it! :D

I know curiosity would get the better of me.

She is a meanie ain't she! :w00t:

She went right for the throat - with precision. :)

Edited by sinewave

Research has a way of priming the imagination for just such perceptions. I am not saying that is the case here but you could just be scaring yourself.

haha believe me we thought that as well, but not likely. you gotta remember the voicemail keeps changing. its unexplainable and impossible.

Well, here you have a possible pattern of events that can't be explained by a telephone malfunction, and a possible paranormal explanation.

You could try looking into the old house and the asylum again and see if the weirdness starts up again.

Or maybe you'd rather steer clear of it! :D

I know curiosity would get the better of me.

never thought about that, we were honestly so darn spooked, i have no idea how i am going to bring myself to slow down the message and try to figure out what it's even saying! ha, definitely not doing it by myself that's for sure! i'll need an audience as i try and decipher this craziness.

Degradation of recorded signals seems like a logical reason for the recording to change to me. But I'm no cell phone expert.

It's kind of a let down, though, knowing you aren't going to share the recording when/if you get it.

haha believe me we thought that as well, but not likely. you gotta remember the voicemail keeps changing. its unexplainable and impossible.

It is neither impossible nor unexplainable. Have you tried calling tech support? They would probably want to know if you are repeatedly receiving junk voice mails.

Edited by sinewave

Degradation of recorded signals seems like a logical reason for the recording to change to me. But I'm no cell phone expert.

It's kind of a let down, though, knowing you aren't going to share the recording when/if you get it.

i dunno, honestly you'd have to hear it for yourself, a lot of friends before they heard it made quite a few excuses and now refuse to ever listen to it again.

i told you to "PM" me your email silly!

I suppose that this could have been the ring tone itself, a special kind perhaps.

Or it could well be one of those spy devices that are sometimes put inside cell phones.

I suppose that this could have been the ring tone itself, a special kind perhaps.

Or it could well be one of those spy devices that are sometimes put inside cell phones.

Spy device?

It is neither impossible nor unexplainable. Have you tried calling tech support?

Nah, i mean i have a brand new iPhone she has a brand new Droid, it just doesn't seem normal, and it honestly reacted to me when i was on the phone with it. you gotta understand i was talking TO it before it was recorded. as soon as we took the phone into the other room to have her dad listen it started freaking out, crazy noises, no more talking or breathing, like it was mad we got her dad involved. i dunno, like i said unexplainable, i'm glad i get to slow it down though and see, cause it honestly sounded like it said "there will be death" and sounded like it said "die" once but maybe not, also like i said, it sounded like a whole different language so i'm not sure

Can a digital recording get corrupted in such a way that it sounds different on every playback?

That is the real question here. I keep seeing the OP say that's impossible, but she obviously doesn't have the authority to make such a claim.

Corrupted sound file is my guess.

Edited by Moonie2012

Spy device?

Yeah! Big Brother.

They have eyes everywhere.

:ph34r:

Can a digital recording get corrupted in such a way that it sounds different on every playback?

That is the real question here.

only sometimes it is different. like situational different. as soon as we got my mom involved it was different. when she listened to it on her own it was different. but when its her and i just us, its nearly the same everytime, however, the "words" or whatever you want to call it sounded more pronounced but that could have just been us listening to is constantly and noticing more. ? not sure though. love to think that its just nothing but it's just far to creepy, you would just have to hear it, makes me want to puke thinking about it lol gross, sorry..

Nah, i mean i have a brand new iPhone she has a brand new Droid, it just doesn't seem normal, and it honestly reacted to me when i was on the phone with it. you gotta understand i was talking TO it before it was recorded. as soon as we took the phone into the other room to have her dad listen it started freaking out, crazy noises, no more talking or breathing, like it was mad we got her dad involved. i dunno, like i said unexplainable, i'm glad i get to slow it down though and see, cause it honestly sounded like it said "there will be death" and sounded like it said "die" once but maybe not, also like i said, it sounded like a whole different language so i'm not sure

Yeah but that does not account for the millions of dollars worth of network switching gear and servers between those phones. Any of which could be problematic. I know, and when you play Stairway to Heaven backwards it is a song about Satan. If you are still doing research, look up pareidolia and its parent concept of apophenia. Understanding them may shed some light on your recent experience.