Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Middle East

J.B.

Because that's what the discussion is about... It seems you continue to ramble about topics I never mentioned and refuse to provide evidence of a Palestinian nation or distinct culture.

I don't need to provide either. In what sort of a mind does their being there and living there for hundreds of years not equate to them... being there? What's all this nonsense about culture and nation? What would having either change about their existence? The Palestinian Arabs existed and lived there for hundreds of years. And I have yet to see you provide anything even remotely resembling evidence to back up this backwards notion, already long debunked.

BTW the one line replies tell us all we need to know about your case here.

Also - claiming the Palestinians didn't have a culture? What is that even about? :lol:

Edited by expandmymind

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ExpandMyMind

• Pseudo Intellectual

• J.B.

• Watchers

They are "one line replies" because I don't want to go off-topic. I'm only going to respond to the relevant parts of your posts.

And again you ignore what I said. I never claimed the people referred to as "Palestinians" were mythical creatures that didn't exist. I said they never had a Palestinian nationality or a distinct Palestinian culture.

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

They are "one line replies" because I don't want to go off-topic. I'm only going to respond to the relevant parts of your posts.

And again you ignore what I said. I never claimed the people referred to as "Palestinians" were mythical creatures that didn't exist. I said they never had a Palestinian nationality or distinct culture.

So what?

What effect does this have on... well, anything?

And just to be fair, you have said that they don't exist MANY times on these boards. In fact, the old quote you used apparently shows that this is what you were claiming in this very thread.

Edited by expandmymind

So what?

What effect does this have on... well, anything?

I believe the original discussion was about you claiming that Israel stole land that legally belonged to the "Palestinians."

And just to be fair, you have said that they don't exist MANY times on these boards. In fact, the old quote you used apparently shows that this is what you were claiming in this very thread.

If they didn't exist, who exactly is Israel fighting, then? Palestinian holograms?

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

And as everyone can see, discussion ended. :lol:

Please though, pseudo, leave the 'There is no such thing as a Palestinian' crap out of any future discussion. (after this, I'm sure you will). ;)

I'm not sure what you're on about. You've refused to provide any evidence of anything that defines a "Palestinian" (nationality, culture, language, religion? No?). I think it's you who should leave such "crap" out of future discussions. :tu:

I'm not sure what you're on about. You've refused to provide any evidence of anything that defines a "Palestinian" (nationality, culture, language, religion? No?). I think it's you who should leave such "crap" out of future discussions. :tu:

:lol:

This is becoming tiring.

You said

Because that's what the discussion is about... It seems you continue to ramble about topics I never mentioned and refuse to provide evidence of a Palestinian nation or distinct culture.

To which i replied.

I don't need to provide either. In what sort of a mind does their being there and living there for hundreds of years not equate to them... being there? What's all this nonsense about culture and nation? What would having either change about their existence? The Palestinian Arabs existed and lived there for hundreds of years. And I have yet to see you provide anything even remotely resembling evidence to back up this backwards notion, already long debunked.

BTW the one line replies tell us all we need to know about your case here.

Also - claiming the Palestinians didn't have a culture? What is that even about? :lol:

then you replied (or failed to reply to any of the content).

And again you ignore what I said. I never claimed the people referred to as "Palestinians" were mythical creatures that didn't exist. I said they never had a Palestinian nationality or a distinct Palestinian culture.

etc.

Basically you dodge the question of why having a culture or whatever even matters. It quite simply doesn't. All that matters is whether they have lived there - they have.

The discussion is over because you have no argument. You suggest that because I cannot find sources (at this moment in time - and i haven't even bothered to look because your case is so idiotic, sorry, but it is) of Palestinian culture that this somehow... what? I'm not exactly sure what you even mean? What difference would this even make? I've tried asking you but as anyone can see, you have dodged the question many times.

SO. Why would the Palestinians having a culture make any bit of difference if they already lived there? Are you suggesting that because they didn't (according to you) have a culture... what?

And why would I need to provide evidence to your claim? Pseudo.. WTF?

Edited by expandmymind

Matters? I was simply explaining the quote for you.

As for the original discussion, you claimed it was legally Palestinian land. What did you mean by that and do you have any evidence for that claim?

Matters? I was simply explaining the quote for you.

As for the original discussion, you claimed it was legally Palestinian land. What did you mean by that and do you have any evidence for that claim?

In 1945, on the 26.4 million dunams of land in Mandate Palestine, 12.8 million was owned by Arabs, 1.5 million by Jews, 1.5 million was public land and 10.6 millions constituted the desertic Beersheba district (Negev). In terms of arable land, 7.8 million was owned by Arabs, 1.2 million by Jews and 0.2 million was public land.[1][2] By 1949, some 700,000 Palestinians had fled or been expelled from their lands and villages. Israel was now in control of some 20.5 million dunams (approx. 20 500 km²) or 78% of lands in what had been Mandate Palestine: 8% (approx. 1,650 km²) were privately controlled by Jews, 6% (approx. 1,300 km²) by Arabs, with the remaining 86% was public land.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_land_and_property_laws

You may not like the source but I first read it elsewhere (Norman Finkelstein, Image and Reality page 86 for the dunams) and the numbers do align with The White Paper. You can probably find info about the White Paper online. It made it illegal for Jews to buy land in approximately 95% of British Mandate Palestine. So tell me, how much land could they possibly legally own?

I liked how you moved away from the point you were so obviously failing to make.

Edited by expandmymind

I didn't 'exaggerate' anything, I quoted from an external source. With the White Paper in mind, I feel it is you (although I don't believe you produced numbers to claim so) who over-estimate Jewish land ownership.

man just pull the evidence of culture that part of land named after that culture ages ago before israel pull it off your pocket and show it to him the guy want evidence :lol:

he never quit does he ... :D