Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

criticism not tolerated

catalyst of change

To all who come to this section to criticize, notice that this is called the psychic abilities section. If you want to criticize, then go somewhere else and create a different forum or topic on it. I'm sure some of you have gods and worship what you can't see so don't put don't others you don't know when they've done nothing related to you. It is absolutely rude. I will admit though that some on this site are mentally ill but you act as if it's everyone so try to keep a low profile and stop asking us to go to a college or university to prove it because it shouldn't have to be done. Stop taking away our ability to be open minded. To all psions I ask that if you be criticized, to ignore that person no matter what they say because this is not the place for it. Thank you for your time and attention.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catalyst of change

• HerNibs

• Moonie2012

• Xibalba

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then.

I'm critical of the need for this thread. May as well have called it "Believers not tolerated", as it will have the same effect - none.

Edited by Moonie2012

Let me also add that critics say we need to prove it to say it exists but they also have no way to prove that it doesn't.

To all who come to this section to criticize, notice that this is called the psychic abilities section. If you want to criticize, then go somewhere else and create a different forum or topic on it. I'm sure some of you have gods and worship what you can't see so don't put don't others you don't know when they've done nothing related to you. It is absolutely rude. I will admit though that some on this site are mentally ill but you act as if it's everyone so try to keep a low profile and stop asking us to go to a college or university to prove it because it shouldn't have to be done. Stop taking away our ability to be open minded. To all psions I ask that if you be criticized, to ignore that person no matter what they say because this is not the place for it. Thank you for your time and attention.

Wow - all three rules broken in one post.

No flaming - Do not insult, mock, attack or harrass other members.

No bashing - Do not use this section to pursue an anti-skeptic or anti-believer agenda.

No false claims - Do not post intentionally false claims of psychokinetic abilities.

In this section everyone is supposed to run on the assumption that "powers" exist.

That doesn't mean that we can't discuss cause and source.

That doesn't mean that we can't request demonstrations or support.

That doesn't mean that we can't explore and examine what is being discussed.

It SHOULD be done respectfully but sometimes "respect" isn't received in the way it was intended.

Nibs

People that don't like being criticised should stop saying stupid things.

Criticism is only a form of envy

Let me also add that critics say we need to prove it to say it exists but they also have no way to prove that it doesn't.

Ah, the believer's mantra. Such an easy way out.

Criticism is only a form of envy

:lol: Really.

Edited by Moonie2012

That isn't how science or evidence works.

If you aren't willing to accept a challenge, don't throw one down.

There is ample evidence regarding how the human body functions. What it can and cannot do.

Nibs

Wow - all three rules broken in one post.

In this section everyone is supposed to run on the assumption that "powers" exist.

It SHOULD be done respectfully but sometimes "respect" isn't received in the way it was intended.

Nibs

How can I be an anti-believer if this is the psychic abilities section? I didn't flame anyone. Merely made a point and backed it up

There is ample evidence regarding how the human body functions. What it can and cannot do.

Nibs

I don't put my faith in another's and that is the human BODY. I agree but many believe we are more than physical. You have incorporate all theories

How can I be an anti-believer if this is the psychic abilities section? I didn't flame anyone. Merely made a point and backed it up

I did not intend to imply that you were "anti believer". My post was regarding the discussions that take place in this forum.

You are obviously a believer, fine. You should expect skeptics to discuss the following -

The manner in which is should be discussed is the following -

My point is that yes, this area is for discussions that are to take place with the understanding that these "powers" are real but it isn't an area for make-believe or role playing.

Skeptics will ask you how something happens. What it feels like. Where the "energy" comes from and where it goes.

That's what we do.

Nibs

I wouldn't even say this forum requires anyone to assume these "powers" are real - it's merely the place to discuss them.

It's not some magical believer paradise.

Edited by Moonie2012

I don't put my faith in another's and that is the human BODY. I agree but many believe we are more than physical. You have incorporate all theories

Fine. You believe that there is more to the human body. Your belief isn't a theory, it's a belief or an idea. Again, that's fine.

It doesn't matter if you have faith in science or not. Science just is, it's a study.

As of right now there has been no scientifically testable evidence supplied to confirm the existence of "powers".

If you start stating that "X" is a fact and you can "prove" it, you will be expected to do so.

Nibs

DING DING round 773833662000 i believe, when will this carousel stop ;)

Kitchens cooking and fires comes to mind...

I did not intend to imply that you were "anti believer". My post was regarding the discussions that take place in this forum.

You are obviously a believer, fine. You should expect skeptics to discuss the following -

The manner in which is should be discussed is the following -

My point is that yes, this area is for discussions that are to take place with the understanding that these "powers" are real but it isn't an area for make-believe or role playing.

Skeptics will ask you how something happens. What it feels like. Where the "energy" comes from and where it goes.

That's what we do.

Nibs

But you act as if these things are required and reply to believers as if we're delirious

I wouldn't even say this forum requires anyone to assume these "powers" are real - it's merely the place to discuss them.

It's not some magical believer paradise.

:D True. I'm not stating it clearly.

I know that if one of us skeptics pops in here and starts demanding evidence we will likely get a Mod/Min Slap-down.

So not really assuming they are real, just that we aren't supposed to as um...demanding?

Not sure if that is any clearer.

:)

Nibs

Fine. You believe that there is more to the human body. Your belief isn't a theory, it's a belief or an idea. Again, that's fine.

It doesn't matter if you have faith in science or not. Science just is, it's a study.

As of right now there has been no scientifically testable evidence supplied to confirm the existence of "powers".

If you start stating that "X" is a fact and you can "prove" it, you will be expected to do so.

Nibs

Same with science. Think about it. "Theory" of relativity

But you act as if these things are required and reply to believers as if we're delirious

I assume they are delirious - or at least highly mistaken. I shouldn't call anyone delirious, but I can think it if I want.

I can also question any claim.

Edited by Moonie2012

:D True. I'm not stating it clearly.

I know that if one of us skeptics pops in here and starts demanding evidence we will likely get a Mod/Min Slap-down.

So not really assuming they are real, just that we aren't supposed to as um...demanding?

Not sure if that is any clearer.

:)

Nibs

Everytime claims that they can do it, you TELL them to go to extremes to prove it or go to a college. "Oh they'd love to see this".

Nibs

You are right.

Go on then resolve the mind body problem for us and give us a quantum model of the human brain.

Perhaps you wouldnt mind solving dark matter for us as well I mean if 90% of the universe is missing it might also mean 90% of us has yet to be discovered.

Edited by Alien Being

What things are required? Evidence? Yes, it's required if you want to have anyone accept whatever psychic power is being discussed. If you are just interested in discussion possibilities or are looking for others with same experiences then this is a great place. You will find many other believers.

If an individual comes here expecting to just discuss how cool it was when they "busted that cloud", controlled the weather or shot psi-balls at their neighbor with no discussion regarding how/why/where then they are probably in for a big surprise.

It's just my opinion but starting a thread attacking other members is NOT a productive way to begin an open discussion.

Nibs

I assume they are delirious - or at least highly mistaken. I shouldn't call anyone delirious, but I can think it if I want.

I can also question any claim.

I haven't seen a question from any critics since idk but they sure as hec state that it's absolutely impossible. Even with all the vids on the internet, no matter how small. They assume its a breeze or visual effects even though many are. They assume it's all nonsense.

I haven't seen a question from any critics since idk but they sure as hec state that it's absolutely impossible. Even with all the vids on the internet, no matter how small. They assume its a breeze or visual effects even though many are. They assume it's all nonsense.

Vids on youtube are as good as garbage.

You probably know already that starting a topic like this isn't appropriate.

Without the ability to question or bring in to doubt something that has been said then all we're left with is a lot of people agreeing with one another, not a discussion. This forum is here to present the world of the paranormal from several different perspectives and for visitors to make up their own mind on what is or is it not correct, to request that nobody dare question or criticise anything that has been claimed is counter productive to both that goal and to objective debate.

Closed.