Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did God create man or did man create God

saucy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• Unorthodox Thesis

• snuffypuffer

• MichaelS

Creation is ongoing, something that was started by the "higher power" who created us humans and everything else (ie. vampires, witches, seers, weird strange sea creatures, flowers, beauty, love, hate). I think that man created the fear of "the source" but not the source; however, we all are one so we are like pieces of "God"...

I think man created God because they couldn't conceive how we came to be here

IMO god was probably to do with us being here. but we were most likely made indirectly. I follow the design theory. I think god created the universe and whats in it. so yes he probably did create us.

I think that mankind most certainly did create God. Our ancient history is full of man's personification of things we did not understand.

The fear of God has been utilized by the leaders of society for a very long time. Its the proven effectiveness of this fear that motivated the promotion of it.

The continual worship of this personification today is as a result of a sense of security that a total submersion into this belief affords.

I think we are witnessing today in society a deeper understanding of this long personified force. There will be a lot of confusion, but it is during this confusion that we must keep our heads.

The truth always seems to find it's way to the surface not matter how many times it is heaped apon.

There's hundreds of religions that exist, or have existed in the past.

Some are Polytheistic, some are Monotheistic. This is clear evidence that no one knew where we came from, or why things happened. (do we even know now?)

It wasn't until the last 500 years or so that religions became "standardized".

I have a book somewhere, Called something like "Guide to the deities".. Every page lists a god/goddess that has been worshipped by humans.

The book's like 3000 pages long.

Edited by hunterkiller2001

Had man first discovered the science of meteorology, I suspect we would never have had gods to begin with.

There's hundreds of religions that exist, or have existed in the past.

Some are Polytheistic, some are Monotheistic. This is clear evidence that no one knew where we came from, or why things happened. (do we even know now?)

It wasn't until the last 500 years or so that religions became "standardized".

I have a book somewhere, Called something like "Guide to the deities".. Every page lists a god/goddess that has been worshipped by humans.

The book's like 3000 pages long.

Must be a *REALLY* thick book...

grin2.gif And one I'd love to get my paws on!

Man created God out of fear of death, lack of understanding of how we came to be, and general lack of intelligence. God is useful to explain things man cannot, like death.

If God created man, there would be only one god, not thousands.

I think that we, in a sence, were created by a "higher being" that got mistaken for a "god" at some point in the evolution of humanity. This world is a beautiful peice of artwork to be cherished.

I believe man created god in each of it's different formations. With as far back as religion goes in human primitive society, it appears to be something fundemental to the human psychology. As far back as language goes, there have been many different gods to bow down to.

I guess no one wants to think that we have to fix our own dang problems; that there isn't a higher power to make things right when life gets wacky...

So, they create god to find a purpose when there really isn't a purpose. To fix things that are otherwise unfixable. To have faith when there is no faith to have.

Religion is the wackiest thing on earth.

I guess no one wants to think that we have to fix our own dang problems; that there isn't a higher power to make things right when life gets wacky...

Not all thologys believe in something that would, or even could "Make things right"

I do think that mankind 'created' the anthropomorphised versions that people relate to as 'god' but some of that is an awareness of 'something' beyond our normal perceptions. Something that you either feel on an inate instinctual level (And therefore develop some form of theology) or you don't (And either apatheticaly give lip service to what you where taught.... or tend toward atheistic/nihilistic lines).

Man has free will, stupidity, fear and many short comings. Their ignorance does not eliminiate the possibility of a rational physical world. Their spiritual weakness does not eliminiate the possibility of a real spiritual order.

Helen Keller must have many choices of believing what's out there. wink2.gif

I think somehow god created us to understand himself. See god code.

God is a complex pattern, born from a simple code, he created use to figure out the code he carries. Maybe we undertsand the code through death I don't know, but this may be a possibility.

I believe that God is the energy wich created all things . I have no Idea wether God is an aware being . But I believe that people view him/her that way , because we understand without that very important energy, we could never exsist .

So in other words I believe it's both . One is the theological God created by Man and the other is the scientific God which created man . One and the same thing in the end .

I believe man created god.

People believe in god because, I think, we like to believe in what we cannot prove...

I believe in ghosts and aliens myself, but not every case

People believe in god because, I think, we like to believe in what we cannot prove...

Can you prove that Black is white? No? Do you believe in it then?

Somewhat a meaningless statement you made there!

There are many things in the universe that we accept as real that we don't completely understand. Why should God be any differant? And just because we don't completely understand him, that does'nt mean that he's not real. Someone said earlier that if God created man then there would be one God rather than thousands. I agree, there is only one.

Edited by Todd

I have something in mind though...

Okay, if God did created human, then, who created God? It couldn't just exist like it just popped out of nowhere and then decided to create us.

Although sometimes, I do belive God created us, so honestly, I am sooo confused that Im actually getting brain pain!

Some of the same people that believe in an eternal universe refuse to accept the possibility of an eternal God. I think that he's always been, and always will be. That's a tough concept for us to think of, especially considering our tendancy to think in finite terms.

I would have a tendancy to agree with Fenris and several others on this.

I think man has created the images and forms that his gods take but that a baseline creative force exists. To an extent the sentience of lack thereof of that force is not an issue. I am finding as I go along these days I am finding that I am leaning towards a user-defined faith idea as opposed to one defined by religious text, almost like quantum religion.

...almost like quantum religion.

Interesting, I think even believers of orthodox religions should have a lively faith like yours.

Personally I think we are all part of something bigger.. So I guess you can say, I believe we Live ON our god.. What I mean is, I think we are just to god, what we consider a virus/bacteria to be to us... My theory is hard to explain but bascially Scientists have just discovered the "shape" of our Universe, And It is mostly round, But personally I think it is in the Shape of a Cell... Picture a blood cell...

Every time we split an atom/ Cell / Microscopic organism, it has contents inside it.. Millions of cells inside a cell itself...

Jeez hard to explain.. I guess what Im saying is, the planets would be the atoms inside the cell.. On some of those atoms there is a Virus/Bacteria which would be the life/ humans... What you could say, is we are all part of someone walking around right now.. What would be a nice discovery, would be to discover intelligent life inside ones self.. Organisms inside ourself that have their own Cities, Religions, Mobil Transportation units.. I Think if man was to discover intellegent life inside himself, that would pretty much seal the debate for me, And would feel that to prove my theory right..

Maybe we are just a fungus... We could be a Fungus, Living on a Fungus, Living on a piece of wood, on some pencil some guy is writing an essay with that is billions of times our size...

Good theory. I've often pondered that one myself.

But it would still mean that we created god, because god certainly didn't create us since we evolved to what we are, in that theory.