Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if ?

preacherman76

I like Ron Paul a lot, more people should listen to some of his ideas. The only problem is, when you dig deeper beneath the surface of his simplistic pronouncements, all kinds of severe problems crop up -- the bottom line is, he is all ideaology, and just about nothing of what he espouses could ever work in "real" reality.

His vision is a sort of totally government-free utopia wherein people with absolutely no rules or regulations will automatically do the right thing all the time, and everything will sort of magically take care of itself.

For example, he would dismantle the FDA, the EPA, and organizations like that. He thinks that without an EPA, corporations will automatically become good stewards of the environment, won't pollute air, water and ground -- won't put any of these resources above profits.

The minute you got rid of agencies like the Dept. of Labor or EPA, we'd have child labor and factories running pipes directly into the nearest river to dump toxic waste -- like they do in unfettered China today -- Paul thinks if we just retract our troops from around the world, the rest of the world will just sort itself out, while America enjoys a kind of magical isolated paradise, free from the rest of the world, and what others do around the world.

Much of what he talks about sounds nice and appealing, but we all live in the real world with real realities which are impossible to ignore or avoid and Paul doesn't seem to want to live in that world.

There's also his background of terribly racist publications which bare his name, etc.

Seriously bro, you have to listen alot more to him on these spacific's. Thats all I can say till you know more about the man.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• preacherman76

• Doc Socks Junior

• J.B.

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Ron Paul. He seems to speak with a sense of clarity, that even I as a political neophyte can understand.

• 1 year later...

I like Ron Paul. He seems to speak with a sense of clarity, that even I as a political neophyte can understand.

Being besides the point that the Prezz has no power to solve the real problems anyway, somebody who oversimplifies complex problems either does not know what he is talking about or does not want to give a real solution either but remains with vague, generally understandable rhetoric.

If you can understand it you should be able to solve it.