Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drug addicts offered cash to stop reproducing

Still Waters

Then offer the same service for free(so dont pay the addicts)and see how many want to take it up.

Fair play/choice indeed.

Exactly! Couldn't have put it better myself.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alien Being

• ExpandMyMind

• acidhead

• J.B.

Then offer the same service for free(so dont pay the addicts)and see how many want to take it up.

Fair play/choice indeed.

I would have gladly taken the offer and have never chosen to have kids. I wouldn't have had to pay for it myself later. :yes:

I would have gladly taken the offer and have never chosen to have kids. I wouldn't have had to pay for it myself later. :yes:

I guess some would yes. And you could always adopt later I guess if you.. change your mind...

And having a woman's tubes tied or a man having a vasectomy are both reversable if they choose.

I guess some would yes. And you could always adopt later I guess if you.. change your mind...

You do know it is reversable don't you? :hmm:

Fair play/choice indeed.

there may be incentive in doing so, but that still doesn't change the fact that it is a personal choice. one that people make all over the world every day.

there may be incentive in doing so, but that still doesn't change the fact that it is a personal choice. one that people make all over the world every day.

Geez, I wouldn't have had to worry about taking a pill every day or if we had condoms...what a bummer... :ph34r:

You do know it is reversable don't you? :hmm:

I know. I was only mentioning adpotion because it was another story today in the news with the russian boy who was sent home with a note from him 'mum' in the.. US. It was like a joke. :)

Then maybe offer the same incentive for everyone equally, to weed out the lesser maternal/parental types. Maybe thats not such a bad idea?

Then maybe offer the same incentive for everyone equally, to weed out the lesser maternal/parental types. Maybe thats not such a bad idea?

definately an interesting idea.

Many of those developing countries are run by people who will either co-opt and abuse such a charity, or will kick them out. Only China and India, I think, would welcome such a thing.

On the other hand, if only these two cooperate, then the good half of the problem would be resolved!

definately an interesting idea.

Or just to keep kids from having kids!!!

that's actually an amazing idea. i wonder why something like this hasn't been adopted before now with young people? i suppose though, it would just be like giving girls a mandatory 'pill', or 'jag'? similar at least.

in my opinion, they should be doing something like that. anyone who walks through a scheme in glasgow can see that something like this is needed, desperately.

of course i would love to see an actual solution to the social problem. but that will never happen in either of our countries, or any on the planet for that matter. not for a long time, at least.

that's actually an amazing idea. i wonder why something like this hasn't been adopted before now with young people? i suppose though, it would just be like giving girls a mandatory 'pill', or 'jag'? similar at least.

in my opinion, they should be doing something like that. anyone who walks through a scheme in glasgow can see that something like this is needed, desperately.

of course i would love to see an actual solution to the social problem. but that will never happen in either of our countries, or any on the planet for that matter. not for a long time, at least.

Why would it have to be the girls? There are more guys going around spreading their seeds...

I say that in jest...I don't have a solution, but it is a major problem.

Why would it have to be the girls? There are more guys going around spreading their seeds...

I say that in jest...I don't have a solution, but it is a major problem.

LOL.

I agree.

So you're saying that a days worth of drugs is equal to a life changing decision to not reproduce, a human right?

Forgive me if I don't understand your logic.

I should make it clear to all that it is not a human right to have children, not even one.

I should make it clear to all that it is not a human right to have children, not even one.

I would have to say you are a lunatic.

I would have to say you are a lunatic.

Ok, and what with all those people that can't have children?

You can read up on what the human right really are. And not even if it was just an expression was it right.

Ok, and what with all those people that can't have children?

You can read up on what the human right really are. And not even if it was just an expression was it right.

I still don't understand what you're trying to say.

People, whether they are hooked on drugs, old and susceptible to down syndrome, or whatever?

They don't have a right to reproduce?

Please explain.

I still don't understand what you're trying to say.

People, whether they are hooked on drugs, old and susceptible to down syndrome, or whatever?

They don't have a right to reproduce?

Please explain.

There is a universal legal term called "human rights", for instance freedom of speech etc., having children is not a human right.

There is a universal legal term called "human rights", for instance freedom of speech etc., having children is not a human right.

Are you Glenn Beck?

Gleeennnn you silly goober.

What age do you think people should be before they can have kids?

What age do you think people should be before they can have kids?

I think age is not as much relevant as the social status - they must be fully self-sufficient and capable to maintain the children. Returning to the addicts, they are not usually capable to maintain anyone. I mean while the ability to have sex is a biological ability, having children is a social feature, as these children come to the care of the others if the parents fail. Even if the parents are sitting on benefits, this is still someone else's money.

Edited by MARAB0D

I think age is not as much relevant as the social status - they must be fully self-sufficient and capable to maintain the children. Returning to the addicts, they are not usually capable to maintain anyone. I mean while the ability to have sex is a biological ability, having children is a social feature, as these children come to the care of the others if the parents fail. Even if the parents are sitting on benefits, this is still someone else's money.

That doesn't say anything if your trying to say that it isn't a human right.

That doesn't say anything if your trying to say that it isn't a human right.

I can send you to the text of UN Declaration of Human Rights from 1948, and there you would not be able to find such human right you mention. Human rights are social by nature, not biological and not personal. Thus, announcing the right to procreate as a "human right" is entirely your personal construct. If you wish to persuade me in the opposite, please provide a valid reference. According to you picking nose is also a human right.

Edited by MARAB0D

I can send you to the text of UN Declaration of Human Rights from 1948, and there you would not be able to find such human right you mention. Human rights are social by nature, not biological and not personal. Thus, announcing the right to procreate as a "human right" is entirely your personal construct. If you wish to persuade me in the opposite, please provide a valid reference. According to you picking nose is also a human right.

So social behaviors are more of a right than biological(such as picking ones nose,peeing,pooping)?

Hmm.

Edited by joshsluss

So social behaviors are more of a right than biological(such as picking ones nose,peeing,pooping)?

Hmm.

i think he meant that social behaviours are actually defined as a 'human right' by law, and anything else is just opinion.

he wasn't implying they were 'more of aright'.