Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drug addicts offered cash to stop reproducing

Still Waters

Yeah we can we can look at its ancestors.

:mellow: The ship is sinking! Where is this child's ancestors? We need to look at them now! :lol:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alien Being

• ExpandMyMind

• acidhead

• J.B.

Its amazing how some seem to think that economics should be one of the deciding factors that allow future parents to have a family.

Especially considering what we are witnessing today during the current engineered economic crisis.

Remember the phrase 'too-big-to-fail'...?

How about 'too-small-to-succeed'................... 'sorry you are dis-qualified'.

LOL, right. Until you're the one who wants a kid but aren't allowed cuz you failed the exam or whatnot.

Then they should make an exception right? Cuz you thought you were one of the charmed ones. LOL

I already pass.

No crimes, no drugs, employment most my adult life, a degree and middle class income.

Edited by Alien Being

So would you think then if someone is disabled for an example and on benefits, that they should not be allowed to reproduce?

Spot on.

Spot on.

What if the disability came about as a consequence of their work? Soldiers get shot to **** all the time when they're on the sharp end. If they couldn't work when they got out of service, do you think they should be denied the right to have children then? Or is it only genetic disabilities?

I disagree.

Obviously they need the money for their addiction. This is clearly taking advantage of someone while they're down. What a horrible way to go about things.

This is inhumane, and frankly, sick.

So when one of them cleans up, comes back to life and realizes what horrible decisions they've made and lead somewhat normal lives, they can't reproduce?

Unthinkable.

they could always adopt there are plenty of children already in the world who need love.

What if the disability came about as a consequence of their work? Soldiers get shot to **** all the time when they're on the sharp end. If they couldn't work when they got out of service, do you think they should be denied the right to have children then? Or is it only genetic disabilities?

Did I not say soldiers and degrees get admission as well as most of the Middel/Upper classes?

they could always adopt there are plenty of children already in the world who need love.

Except that only people with spotless legal and medical records are generally allowed to adopt...i.e.- the same people who would be allowed to have children of their own in the first place under any kind of draconian eugenics program like this.

how did this go from offering a group of people money to be fixed so they cant have kids, to making it manditory that anyone we dont like has to be fixed.

Except that only people with spotless legal and medical records are generally allowed to adopt...i.e.- the same people who would be allowed to have children of their own in the first place under any kind of draconian eugenics program like this.

could always expand it or change it to include those who have made a real effort to fix their drug problems.

could always expand it or change it to include those who have made a real effort to fix their drug problems.

Nah its more fun to sterlize them then mock their misfortune.

Except that would never happen. Even if it did, it would never be used in practice.

Too many soccer moms and hockey dads would be crying "ZOMG WAI DEY GET DA BABEEZ? DEY DID DWUGZ 20 YEERZ AGU!"

That is sort of beside the point though. Once we have people deciding who can and cannot have children, we take a huge step away from being human and toward being marginalized as robots to administrative overlords. I even have a problem with this sterilization program because it plays lip-service to being voluntary, but in reality, how many addicts do you know who would pass up a free next fix for the ability to have kids, who would just get in the way of their drugs anyway? There is no real choice there.

Did I not say soldiers and degrees get admission as well as most of the Middel/Upper classes?

That by itself is stupid, to automatically allow someone because they have a degree or fought. There are plenty of "degenerates" who still manage to do those things, but by the logic of manipulating our own genome, wouldn't merit procreation rights.

And you had said that people claiming disability would be ineligible. There'd be plenty of soldiers claimibg that, at least for a while.

Except that would never happen. Even if it did, it would never be used in practice.

Too many soccer moms and hockey dads would be crying "ZOMG WAI DEY GET DA BABEEZ? DEY DID DWUGZ 20 YEERZ AGU!"

That is sort of beside the point though. Once we have people deciding who can and cannot have children, we take a huge step away from being human and toward being marginalized as robots to administrative overlords. I even have a problem with this sterilization program because it plays lip-service to being voluntary, but in reality, how many addicts do you know who would pass up a free next fix for the ability to have kids, who would just get in the way of their drugs anyway? There is no real choice there.

So you believe that if we prevent the degeneration of society that somehow stops us being human?

Emotional reactions to sterilization are exactly that not founded in any kind of logic and a danger to the future of the human race. It is inhuman not to sterlize as it passes the problems onto the next generation.

That by itself is stupid, to automatically allow someone because they have a degree or fought. There are plenty of "degenerates" who still manage to do those things, but by the logic of manipulating our own genome, wouldn't merit procreation rights.

And you had said that people claiming disability would be ineligible. There'd be plenty of soldiers claimibg that, at least for a while.

By disabled I do not mean soliders and citizens who pick up life changing injuries.

I mean those born deformed or mutated.

If you get a leg blown off or break your back in a car crash you are safe or rather your essentials are.

Edited by Alien Being

i never said i agreed with this program. i will state that to decide on who can or cant have kids just because we dont like them is wrong. which is what a lot of the posts i have read on here are about.

By disabled I do not mean soliders and citizens who pick up life changing injuries.

I mean those born deformed or mutated.

HUH...?

People born deformed or mutated still can give birth to healthy children with 10 fingers and toes.

HUH...?

People born deformed or mutated still can give birth to healthy children with 10 fingers and toes.

and then the grand children and the grand children?

Sooner or latter those defective genes will cause another generation of misery.

usually only if two of those defective genes come into play in the same person.

So you believe that if we prevent the degeneration of society that somehow stops us being human?

Emotional reactions to sterilization are exactly that not founded in any kind of logic and a danger to the future of the human race. It is inhuman not to sterlize as it passes the problems onto the next generation.

How is it an emotional reaction to not want to put something as basic as birth rights into the hands of people who have proven time and again all they want is control over the masses? There are other solutions that do not involve invasive eugenics policies. Quite honestly, I do not see how anyone can logically defend the use of sterilization and 'earning' the right to birth a child as a way to 'improve' the human race.

To be honest, people like you scare the living **** out of me. You pretend (or honestly believe) you are on the side of reason while the whole time you eagerly cheer and toss your rights to those who would take them away.

No you don't, common sense would be required. That's you out from the outset.

You know that common sense changes over time. These thoughts were popular 100 years ago, but they are not popular right now.

In another 100 years you might have changed your mind.

Edited by Slorri

You are right, we inherit most (50%) of our genes from our grandparents, not at all so much from our parents.

You are right, we inherit most (50%) of our genes from our grandparents, not at all so much from our parents.

?

So somehow genes from your grand parents magically appear in you without coming through your parents?

100% of your genes come from your parents.

You know that common sense changes over time. These thoughts were popular 100 years ago, but they are not popular right now.

Well they are still here and I believe in them.

Edited by Alien Being

Irrelivant. I'm living now, my opinions are relevant to now.