Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drug addicts offered cash to stop reproducing

Still Waters

You know that common sense changes over time. These thoughts were popular 100 years ago, but they are not popular right now.In another 100 years you might have changed your mind.

Irrelivant. I'm living now, my opinions are relevant to now.

Surely.

But I still say that this is a long term and not a day by day matter.

Decisions in this kind of question will have consequences in the future. So we can't go by what is popular at any given moment. We can not know for sure that people were more stupid in the past and that they will be more stupid in the future, saying that the ultimate hight of human intelligence is right now.

Popular ideas or opinions are usually not good for long term decisions.

Edited by Slorri

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alien Being

• ExpandMyMind

• acidhead

• J.B.

This is horribly wrong and goes against each principle that guarantees rights to life.

The government should never EVER have authority to use taxpayers money in such a way that it encourages sterilization through means of manipulation when the individual is suffering an illness.

This is very wrong on many levels.

Problem-Reaction-Solution comes immediately to mind.

Thats assuming the disease concept when it comes to addiction, right? And I don't see how sterilization counters a right to life priciple...that would be a right to procreate. You're preventing a life from ever even occurring by sterilizing.

So we should reserve final judgement on these ideas until we can look back and map trends. From stories both ancient and modern, I'd say we haven't gotten any dumber or smarter individually, we're just living in different times where people have studied different things.

Surely.

But I still say that this is a long term and not a day by day matter.

Decisions in this kind of question will have consequences in the future. So we can't go by what is popular at any given moment. We can not know for sure that people were more stupid in the past and that they will be more stupid in the future, saying that the ultimate hight of human intelligence is right now.

Popular ideas or opinions are usually not good for long term decisions.

Are you not countering your own argument then?

We, as a species, can not even make short to medium term descisions and make good with them - we love that counrty, now we hate it - this religion is flavour of the day, not any more - we'll spend spend spend, then go broke - eat ourselves to point of not moving - build weapons that can destroy us in the time it takes to run a commercial break......and have you seen the state of the countries we live in - what an embarrasment.....but now we want to start engineering humans for the future! Way to go! lol

You said it yourself, we don't know if humans in the past were more stupid, or if in the future they will be more stupid.....which is kind of funny when you think that the people who are making the most stupid comments on this thread are the ones saying they want to rid the world of stupidity......how ironic.

Lets just stick with our proven track record of ******* things up in the short to medium term, before we promote ourselves to ******* things up for the long term ;)

Lets just stick with our proven track record of ******* things up in the short to medium term, before we promote ourselves to ******* things up for the long term ;)

Yes, of course, this is the way to go if we really can not be any smarter then we currently are, not even if we all set our minds to it, for some or any reason.

To just give an hint of what popular decisions can lead to in managing groups of population look at the awful

TWISTY CATS - THE ETHICS OF BREEDING FOR DEFORMITY

Why do people want these deformed cats?

Is it because they don't like strong healthy cats,

or is it because they do like weak, deformed and sick cats that they can take care of and nurture?

I say that they should, at least, sterilize these cats, because it is a genetic disorder.