Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drug addicts offered cash to stop reproducing

Still Waters

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alien Being

• ExpandMyMind

• acidhead

• J.B.

Do you honestly believe that all the laws of the land are designed for the good of the people they are aimed at, and nothing else?...therefore all laws must be obeyed regardless. I don't know what world your living in, but it isn't the same one as me.

No the laws arent all designed for the good of the people because if they were all criminals and druggies would be taken outside a given a bullet in their heads the first time they started causing problems.

Edited by Alien Being

Really? People should have their rights removed huh? Well listen up sunshine, I had anorexia and went down to 34kgs due to illness and I had MY rights removed and became a ward of the state forced to stay in a hospital for 4 months, and forcibly medicated all against my will, which is still in force today. FOR WHAT!? It isn't even illegal to be an anorexic to start with. If you want to become an expert on it, TRY IT

I think that is a rather negative view to take.

I've come across very few people in life so addicticed to alcohol and tobacco that they're out mugging old grannies to feed their habits.

You get into a bar fight with a druggy and you'll soon notice that whilst a drunk still can rationalise if he's going to far a druggy cant. In fact the druggy may not even be in the same reality as you.

What are you talking about? Alcohol is responsible for far more instances of violence than all other drugs put together. And have you ever seen a high person in a fight?! Do a test... observe the streets outside a nightclub when an all-night rave with electronic music kicks out. The do the same when an ordinary nightclub kicks out. Your notion that a drunk is rational whereas a drug user is not is totally inaccurate and clearly born from no experience whatsoever.

All statistic point to alcohol being a far bigger problem than drugs. It causes more deaths, both through long term liver damage, accidents and fights and destroys more families than any other drug.

Really? People should have their rights removed huh? Well listen up sunshine, I had anorexia and went down to 34kgs due to illness and I had MY rights removed and became a ward of the state forced to stay in a hospital for 4 months, and forcibly medicated all against my will, which is still in force today. FOR WHAT!? It isn't even illegal to be an anorexic to start with. If you want to become an expert on it, TRY IT

So if your 'rights' had not been acted on, you wouldn't be typing replies today?

No the drugs arent all designed for the good of the people because if they were all criminals and druggies would be taken outside a given a bullet in their heads the first time they started causing problems.

To be honest, your ramblings sound like that of a very immature person, who hasn't got enough experience on this subject to answer a question properly without resorting to the childish comment you made above.

Everyone has the right to reproduce and I find this to be a nazi style enforcement

Again I dont think its right not to protect future generations from criminals, anti-socials and other undesirable types.

We have to be strong on this issue because whilst we may feel for the deformed individual if we turn a blind eye to the fact we might find in 50 years time the decendants of that individual include 10 more deformed children. Not acting magnifies the suffering and increases the burden to society.

As for the Nazis I think their war might have been wrong as well as the genocide of Jews however I do believe in eugenics. A healthy and productive population is a must otherwise society starts to decline. Sterilize!

Edited by Alien Being

To be honest, your ramblings sound like that of a very immature person, who hasn't got enough experience on this subject to answer a question properly without resorting to the childish comment you made above.

Hatred of druggies and criminals is widespread in society.

Then again you know that dont you troll?

Its a funny world if the experts agree drugs arent harmful yet strangely they are illegal.

Perhaps you've distorted your world to fit your drug addiction?

before i explain this it to you, no one said that drugs weren't harmful, or claimed that someone else had said so (nowhere in the thread that i have noticed) - you created that one yourself. it makes things extremely tedious when, if debating with someone, they start fabricating quotes.

surely you can understand a politician's (government's) reasons for keeping them illegal (or at least not decriminalising them)? the reason that a politician would find it hard to publicly accept or endorse this, is simply because we, as a nation, have been conformed to an extremely linear perception of the subject through decades of misinformation and propaganda (which was at it's peak during the 'war on drugs' campaign). and what do politicians care about? 1 thing and one thing only - votes. no politician would jeopardise votes by endorsing a view that goes against everything the public have been indoctrinated to think (it would be similar to them suddenly being told black was white). you could explain the facts a thousand times but, short of the public researching and understanding the facts themselves, could rarely penetrate the armour they have had built around them. so fear of how the public would react is the real reason behind the government's inaction.

i have distorted nothing.

i agree with this 100%.

Edited by expandmymind

You sound like you dont want treatment and would prefer to be left to die.

Again I dont think its right not to protect future generations from criminals, anti-socials and other undesirable types.

We have to be strong on this issue because whilst we may feel for the deformed individual if we turn a blind eye to the fact we might find in 50 years time the decendants of that individual include 10 more deformed children. Not acting magnifies the suffering and increases the burden to society.

As for the Nazis I think their war might have been wrong as well as the genocide of Jews however I do believe in eugenics. A healthy and productive population is a must otherwise society starts to decline. Sterilize!

That imo is just disgusting. You can't sterilize people against their will. For one it's illegal and should stay that way. Everyone has the right to reproduce and a passage of life. If people were sterilized there would be no future. And so called 'defetcts' are not always inherited.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

the op is about giving them a choice, not taking anything away from them. if it was about forcing it on them then i would agree about not forcing them to give up their rights.

Yes but, in the case of drug addicts who are not of sound mind, making an irreversible choice to sterilize is not really fair on the individual. That money should instead be offered for rehab services.

Yes but, in the case of drug addicts who are not of sound mind, making an irreversible choice to sterilize is not really fair on the individual. That money should instead be offered for rehab services.

and as has been stated it is their choice to use, useually, and it would be their choice. my girlfriend gave up her last child because of her addictions. she had six kids total. first one died at birth. the others were removed by their fathers, when they left her. the last one she sent to his dad because of her addiction.

surely you can understand a politician's (government's) reasons for keeping them illegal (or at least not decriminalising them)? the reason that a politician would find it hard to publicly accept or endorse this, is simply because we, as a nation, have been conformed to an extremely linear perception of the subject through decades of misinformation and propaganda (which was at it's peak during the 'war on drugs' campaign). and what do politicians care about? 1 thing and one thing only - votes. no politician would jeopardise votes by endorsing a view that goes against everything the public have been indoctrinated to think (it would be similar to them suddenly being told black was white). you could explain the facts a thousand times but, short of the public researching and understanding the facts themselves, could rarely penetrate the armour they have had built around them. so fear of how the public would react is the real reason behind the government's inaction.

Have you listened to yourself?

I've got a crack head cousin and so far in his life he -

1. Hasnt worked a single day.

2. Has 6 children all by differant women.

3. Has been sent to prison for burgalries and muggings.

4. Has been sent to prison for prostituting one of his girlfriends.

5. Has been sent to prison for glassing someone.

My cousin is off his head, is the scum of the Earth and its all because he went down the drug route after leaving school. He made that choice and only has his self to blame. If I was in charge I'd have him executed never mind sterilized. He's the reason women shouldnt be getting pregnant off one night stands because you dont know what you're breeeding with.

You are living with your head in the clouds if you believe people are against drugs because of propaganda or some sort of mis-information. Druggies on council estates interact with plenty of other people in society and we all get to see from first hand experience why they are the scum of the earth.

That imo is just disgusting. You can't sterilize people against their will. For one it's illegal and should stay that way. Everyone has the right to reproduce and a passage of life. If people were sterilized there would be no future. And so called 'defetcts' are not always inherited.

actually that isn't true (the bolded). you have a legal age limit for sex (to reproduce is what that limit is really for). so strictly speaking, we already take away people's right to reproduce (just not their ability). and this is based on our 'morals' and perceptions of what a mature human being is. how is this different from deciding a junkie isn't emotionally capable of having a child?

people who disagree with the article from the OP should then (by their reasoning) accept 12 and 14 year old saudi girl's 'right to reproduce'. why can we take the higher moral ground for one, but aren't allowed to for the other?

Since when were we on about sterilizing all people?

If we ran the nation you're way in 1000 years time where would we be? Whilst its true not all defects are genetic we have to also accept that many are.

the op is about giving them a choice, not taking anything away from them. if it was about forcing it on them then i would agree about not forcing them to give up their rights.

My god thats the last straw for me I'm getting out of Britain now.

I now know our end approaches and in 500 years time we will be a nation of stamp lickers.

My cousin is off his head, is the scum of the Earth and its all because he went down the drug route after leaving school. He made that choice and only has his self to blame. If I was in charge I'd have him executed never mind sterilized. He's the reason women shouldnt be getting pregnant off one night stands because you dont know what you're breeeding with.

You are living with your head in the clouds if you believe people are against drugs because of propaganda or some sort of mis-information. Druggies on council estates interact with plenty of other people in society and we all get to see from first hand experience why they are the scum of the earth.

yes because every drug has the same physical and social effects as crack (read what i have already posted about crack, smack and crystal meth - they are different because they have been designed to be highly, highly addictive). sigh. this is what we mean when we tell you that you have no experience. you view all drug use as the same. quite a distorted view, but understandable i suppose.

Edited by expandmymind

Hatred of druggies and criminals is widespread in society.

Then again you know that dont you troll?

Judging by what you have said so far, I'm going to suggest you have no experience with drugs, and therefore understanding of the topic being discussed. That's fine. What you have done is narrow it all down to two simple points in your view - drugs = bad, the law = good.

If you sat 10 people around a table, all with varying degrees of experience with drugs, you would get 10 different opinions on differing factors of the subject, since all experiences are different, as is the impact on the individual. It's a complex subject, with the pluses and minuses being relevant for the person experiencing it.

Your entitled to your opinion - just don't expect many people to take your limited view seriously at all.

My god thats the last straw for me I'm getting out of Britain now.

I now know our end approaches and in 500 years time we will be a nation of stamp lickers.

too late

yes because every drug has the same physical and social effects as crack (read what i have already posted about crack, smack and crystal meth - they are different because they have been designed to be highly, highly addictive). sigh. this is what we mean when we tell you that you have no experience. you view all drugs as the same. quite a distorted view, but understandable i suppose.

I bet Meow Meow becoming illegal disappointed you?

Again there is a well known line that exists between people taking soft drugs decending into heavy drugs. I urge you to stop now even if its cannabis you're on because hard drugs sneaks up on you and then you find yourself in the middle of it when its to late.

I've also noticed a lot of drug users have hyper-sexuality. What are your views on that?

I know of many people who've done all of those things without ever having had anything beyond Stella.

I also know drug users who, shockingly, hold down responsible roles within the community and don't feel the urge to glass people.

I'm sure he's not teetotal, your cousin? Probably drinks a bit too? Same with those 'council estate' people you refer too... sure some of them might have had a spliff or two when they're shouting their heads off, but it's more likely the 10 cans of Stella that caused it.

The propaganda is the implication that drugs are the source of society's ills when things like alcohol and poverty are far more responsible.

Judging by what you have said so far, I'm going to suggest you have no experience with drugs, and therefore understanding of the topic being discussed. That's fine. What you have done is narrow it all down to two simple points in your view - drugs = bad, the law = good.

If you sat 10 people around a table, all with varying degrees of experience with drugs, you would get 10 different opinions on differing factors of the subject, since all experiences are different, as is the impact on the individual. It's a complex subject, with the pluses and minuses being relevant for the person experiencing it.

Your entitled to your opinion - just don't expect many people to take your limited view seriously at all.

and yet there is plenty of opposition on this board.

You have the minority view on drugs.

I agree. It's their own choice if they decide to sterilize themselves for 200 bucks.

Exactly. Seems fine to me.