Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doggerland

Sceptical believer

On 3/11/2023 at 11:28 PM, Abramelin said:

It gets better:

Dekker noted his study was small, and only larger analyses may reveal how common human bone weapons were in Mesolithic Doggerland. It's also unclear which anatomical bone they came from, but one of the long leg or arm bones would have probably worked best, given the weapons' sizes, he said. 

One thing is clear: These bones were carved soon after the person's death, because fresh human bones are much easier to carve than dry, brittle ones, Dekker said.

https://www.livescience.com/stone-age-weapons-human-bone.html

'Soon after the person's death'? Did they deflesh an already dead person, or did they kill that person first??

Maybe defleshed an already dead person, after it had been left to exposure or sky burial….;)

I have seen similar tools used from human bone when I’ve been reading up, I think in Tibet they use a few.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 4:45 AM, Abramelin said:

If you check the second image in my former post

1-s2.0-S1040618299000178-gr1.jpg

you'll notice the large "dammed-up lake", formed after the Laacher See eruption.

After a certain time that lake would have burst through the dam and emptied through the river Rhine.

I wonder what thàt event would have caused in Doggerland.

Edited to add:

Approximately 200 kilometres southeast of Utrecht some 12,900 years ago, towards the end of the Pleistocene, a very explosive and large volcanic eruption took place: the so-called Laacher See eruption. Volcanic ash and pumice were blasted up to 20 kilometres into the atmosphere. Large parts of Europe were covered by a centimetre-thick layer of ash. In the nearby Rhine valley at Brohl-Lützing, a 27-metre-deep lake was created as a result of a pyroclastic flow depositing a lot of material and blocking the valley. Eventually, the natural dam burst and an enormous wave rolled downstream, taking pieces of pumice all the way to the Netherlands. In the sandy deposits of the Rhine from that time, we occasionally find those pieces of pumice (Figure 5).

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/new-volcano-discovered-dutch-subsurface-geert-jan-vis

If the pumice is found in the Rhine, Netherlands it’s good reason to think it made an impact for sure.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 11:08 PM, The Puzzler said:

Relative to the idea that Doggerland was connected through lines, the avenues, from Stonehenge to Doggerbank or Dogger Island, this might be of interest….but it’s prob been posted already…

https://members.ancient-origins.net/articles/st-michael’s-ley-line-leading-legendary-doggerland

A8CC83FB-FCD6-4440-9211-ADA08E137920.jpeg

How can you not find this post important to your theory….let’s imagine there is no”ley lines” just a very precise line up from The Avenue to Doggerlands Anomoly. 

10 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

How can you not find this post important to your theory….let’s imagine there is no”ley lines” just a very precise line up from The Avenue to Doggerlands Anomoly. 

You can draw 10,000 lines across England using ancient and not so ancient spots. One of them will fit, sure.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ley_line

I'll stick to the Greater Ridgeway which is an ACTUAL track that is maybe some 8,000 years old, ànd ended at/crossed the Cross Sands Anomaly.

The Greater Ridgeway:

BGSFloodMap_SE600WR.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2023 at 2:24 PM, Abramelin said:

@Nobu

Where are you?

You once said that divers you knew watched this topic with eager eyes, or something similar.

Well, if they want a challenge, this will be it.

It'll be a dive of 50 meters max.

The structure or formation to be found will be a somewhat squarish ridge made of nothing more than sand or clay. And not more than maybe 2 meters high.

In the middle of that squarish formation there is a hill or something.

Check back if you're still among the living.

I actually went to Peru …. And all hell broke loose.

im alive. Not going back to Peru. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Abramelin said:

You can draw 10,000 lines across England using ancient and not so ancient spots. One of them will fit, sure.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ley_line

I'll stick to the Greater Ridgeway which is an ACTUAL track that is maybe some 8,000 years old, ànd ended at/crossed the Cross Sands Anomaly.

The Greater Ridgeway:

BGSFloodMap_SE600WR.jpg

OK, now I know what I’m looking at.

6 hours ago, Nobu said:

Well, welcome back!

It's not a good time to be in Peru right now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nobu said:

Good to see you're back safe and sound. No more field trips for you.:P

On 3/31/2023 at 9:47 AM, The Puzzler said:

OK, now I know what I’m looking at.

In that case  I hope you can tell me why Lyme Regis, the western end of the track, is the starting point or finish of that track.

I couldn't find anything 'mesolithic' and notable around that place. Or maybe the track continues further down on the present sea floor of the Channel, and we'll have to wait for some divers to go check it.

Edited to add:

Bathymetric map of the Channel:

Sea-bed-bathymetry-of-the-English-Channe

LymeRegis-location.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Abramelin said:

In that case  I hope you can tell me why Lyme Regis, the western end of the track, is the starting point or finish of that track.

I couldn't find anything 'mesolithic' and notable around that place. Or maybe the track continues further down on the present sea floor of the Channel, and we'll have to wait for some divers to go check it.

Edited to add:

Bathymetric map of the Channel:

Sea-bed-bathymetry-of-the-English-Channe

LymeRegis-location.jpg

Probably because Lyme Regis is not it, but somewhere near it, I’ll check it out some more.

Edited by The Puzzler

If you look at the map clearer it’s the part that dips up…the Black Ven area imo.

49170C54-6F95-467D-8195-2E141CFCC5F9.jpeg

D01E2328-49F8-4CF1-8A3E-0B26A5EE743C.jpeg

Edited by The Puzzler

Im just seeing limestone everywhere lol, maybe it’s because of GT but here is limestone too, Lyme…reminds me of the name Lumka Makia… a limestone quarry…making a real trade with the lime…ok, sorry, didn’t mean to bring the OLB I to it..but for some reason it could be the lime.

There is porous limestone, which lets the water on rough days flow through it, below which you will find clay, which lets water in, but not out. When the clay becomes saturated, it becomes very slippery and the limestone above can slide off in large chunks.”….for good usage.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Ven

That’s no real answer but I’m just getting started.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 2

In my FB feed..I know the pic is a little bit photoshop but interesting article dated 2 April 2023.

1E4DF081-9920-4AE6-BEFA-A9D097DF552C.jpeg

CE2D57A2-716F-4575-BC4F-B8530A8231AF.jpeg

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

D2FDA299-9A4E-437A-884A-181E2FE4AB4F.jpeg

Edited by The Puzzler
Link added https://www.jpost.com/archaeology/article-736139?fbclid=IwAR1t-xEh8AAMi8-ED8CREERAXS6sFrDX9PCTJ3V0kwTII9Ut5uEraK6u0uA
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

the pic is a little bit photoshop but interesting article dated 2 April 2023.

:lol:

A 'little bit', yes.

And for those magnetic field data, I think we'll have to wait another year because they have only started recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If slabs of lime just slid off the clay, I’m pondering if there could be a limestone plateau someone around there, in the channel, it had to go somewhere….and with a lower water level…well, just thinking out loud. 

Edited by The Puzzler

1 hour ago, The Puzzler said:

If you look at the map clearer it’s the part that dips up…the Black Ven area imo.

49170C54-6F95-467D-8195-2E141CFCC5F9.jpeg

D01E2328-49F8-4CF1-8A3E-0B26A5EE743C.jpeg

What we need is a very detailed bathymetric map, one like we already have for the Greater Yarmouth area with its Cross Sands Anomaly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

What we need is a very detailed bathymetric map, one like we already have for the Greater Yarmouth area with its Cross Sands Anomaly.

Yes, moving forward…Googling better maps. 

Edited by The Puzzler

1 hour ago, The Puzzler said:

Probably because Lyme Regis is not it, but somewhere near it, I’ll check it out some more.

Of course Lyme Regis is not it: it didn't even exist back then. Whatever it was, it was probably submerged near Lyme Regis.

• Like 1

Just now, Abramelin said:

Of course Lyme Regis is not it: it didn't even exist back then. Whatever it was, it was probably submerged near Lyme Regis.

Submerged limestone blocks…creating…”something”….? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

If slabs of lime just slid off the clay, I’m pondering if there could be a limestone plateau someone around there, in the channel, it had to go somewhere….and with a lower water level…well, just thinking out loud. 

I've collected hundreds of maps of the North Sea and the Channel. One of them shows chalk areas all around England and other area in the North Sea.

Now only to find it.

• Like 2

Just now, Abramelin said:

I've collected hundreds of maps of the North Sea and the Channel. One of them shows chalk areas all around England and other area in the North Sea.

Now only to find it.

lol who doesn’t love a good map? 

• Like 1

I’ll tell you something else…I don’t think they are doing all this new investigation into Doggerland without an intention of finding “something”. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Puzzler said:

I’ll tell you something else…I don’t think they are doing all this new investigation into Doggerland without an intention of finding “something”. 

Of course not: they also dig in the Egyptian desert hoping to find "something".

This is "marine archaeology".

• Like 1

What I do see at Black Ven is rock…note the rest is sand, mud, pebbles etc…I fish so know this sort of map, you would only fish where it says “rock”….so there is some sort of rock formation off Black Ven.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bathymetric+map+Lyme+Regis+area&rlz=1C9BKJA_enAU820AU821&oq=bathymetric+map+Lyme+Regis+area&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i546l4.13007j0j4&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=7ORLCHcCGN_JMM&imgdii=fD5MVvHUUgGSvM&lnspr=W10%3D

A9E847BE-DC69-433C-9916-8BC1F62A4C95.jpeg

• Like 2