Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost Hunters'

Hayram

Does anyone here watch 'Ghost Hunters'?

Are all those supposedly huanted places they show for real? And what about all the evidence, is it genuine or made up?

It can be really enjoyable to watch sometimes.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grape Soda

• Long_Gone

• minera

• PETER GORE SEER

Are all those supposedly huanted places they show for real? And what about all the evidence, is it genuine or made up?

Season 1 has probably the most credible investigations. Season 2 had stuff that was obviously set up and this happened with regularity. After that, it simply seems that the focus is on sensational locations, not real investigation.

I have seen things that I cannot explain on that show, but they hardly count as any scientific evidence as I can think of at least one way to easily fake each occurrence that they cannot "explain".

well I did run across this today, cant say for sure about those boys but I found this interesting. :wacko:

(btw, I figure your only posting to sell your link, but I find the post I have interesting, just to let ya know B) )

TAPs

Taps Headquarters Flooded for SyFy Ghost Hunters

April 2, 2010 by Reverend Clyde H. Higgins

Filed under Faith Links, Featured

205 Comments

For it is written:

Mathew 7:24-27 – “Therefore whosoever hearest these sayings of mine,

and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house

upon a rock: (25) And the rain descended, the the floods came, and the

winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded

upon a rock: (26) And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and

doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house

upon the sand: (27) And the rain descended and the floods came, and the

winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”

Behold the power of God as he floods Warwick, New Jersey off out of His country of America.

Ghost Hunters is an evil TV show that airs on the SyFy cable channel. On it they teach people how to play with Satanic spirits and Oiuja boards. God does not ordain these things and therefore it is sin in his eyes.

It is no secret that God once flooded the entire Earth for sin. God promised to never destroy the Earth win a flood again, but he said nothing about flooding entire cities until everything is drowned for wickedness.

In 1995 God flooded the Midwest. Cities fell into deep river water because the Midwest betrayed God for voting for Democrat Bill Clinton. God wanted them to repent and in 1996, to vote for a Republican. They refused again and God plagued the Midwest with disease, drought and tough winters.

Now we see Rhode Island is being flooded for hosting Ghost Hunters. Ghost Hunters is a secret Satanic sect known as TAPS (Transatlantic Paranormal Society). You can interchange Society for Satan in that acronym, because that is what this show represents.

God has grown tired of how this show is opening portals to hell and playing with those spirits. It is not right or moral and is evil.

Rhode Island will continue to gasp for air as its lungs fill with raw rainwater. The citizens will fill their airways clog and not be able to breathe but to yelp out for help and mercy for God. I pray if they don’t cancel Ghost Hunters soon, their pleas fall on death ears and they suffocate under the sulfurous fumes of hell for what they do!

Edited by Scottish Eagle

There is a topic on ghost hunters...If you use the search up on right under your name , you can find just about any topic....

To answer your question , I used to like it...I started thinking more each time though.Every episode ( 95% of the time ) , the " witnesses " give their " claims ".If you notice , the claims happen while giving tours , making dinner , watching tv , working , cleaning up , etc...

So , do you see what is wrong here?...Does any of above happen in the dark?..With the "witnesses" using thermal cameras and wearing night vision?....Nope , happens with lights on , or during the day.

To me a " investigator" wants to investigate claims as close to the way they happened , to have a better chance of encountering it.Let's say for a example..My neighbor is complaining about a big winged creature with red eyes , swooping down in his back yard every night after dark...Why would I go in the day to look for it?..( a Owl by the way )

To me , all of these shows are for entertainment purposes , and this fact alone shows me this.The dark puts people more on edgde , more creeped out , and more inclined to "see things"....When I see a show that actually investigates claims to the facts , and does not "dramatize" it , than I may give it more credit.

Not sure if this answers your question , it should :)

Nothing sinister in dark It is a turn on,I love the dark grave yards 1 or2 in the morning. Nothing to fear far better on your own, that way a friendly spirit may trust to want to show he or she.The most haunted place on earth would not bother me day or night.

Season 1 has probably the most credible investigations. Season 2 had stuff that was obviously set up and this happened with regularity. After that, it simply seems that the focus is on sensational locations, not real investigation.

I have seen things that I cannot explain on that show, but they hardly count as any scientific evidence as I can think of at least one way to easily fake each occurrence that they cannot "explain".

i totally agree. i find it hard to swallow that on EVERY investigation someone on the team has a "personal encounter" and they come up with "evidence" no matter how small. it's all for entertainment. if they were actual investigations, it would be boring as hell and no one would watch the show, because john q. public doesn't wanna watch 17 episodes where nothing happens or when something happens that fits one of the claims, it is found out to be something totally natural....all building up to that one episode where something unexplainable actually happened. can't really get ratings and sell silly looking t-shirts and hoodies if the show actually reflected what happens on a paranormal investigation.

as for their evidence: just google "grant jacket tug" and you can judge for yourself.

here's my favorite debunk video, so you don't even have to look that hard.

Edited by Grape Soda

Im not sure if Rev. Higgins is watching the same show. From what I have seen most of the stuff is either explained rationally or debunked, although some times some of the occurances are hard to explain. But I do like the show, and it is interested, although most of the time they are very similar.

There is a topic on ghost hunters...If you use the search up on right under your name , you can find just about any topic....

To answer your question , I used to like it...I started thinking more each time though.Every episode ( 95% of the time ) , the " witnesses " give their " claims ".If you notice , the claims happen while giving tours , making dinner , watching tv , working , cleaning up , etc...

So , do you see what is wrong here?...Does any of above happen in the dark?..With the "witnesses" using thermal cameras and wearing night vision?....Nope , happens with lights on , or during the day.

To me a " investigator" wants to investigate claims as close to the way they happened , to have a better chance of encountering it.Let's say for a example..My neighbor is complaining about a big winged creature with red eyes , swooping down in his back yard every night after dark...Why would I go in the day to look for it?..( a Owl by the way )

To me , all of these shows are for entertainment purposes , and this fact alone shows me this.The dark puts people more on edgde , more creeped out , and more inclined to "see things"....When I see a show that actually investigates claims to the facts , and does not "dramatize" it , than I may give it more credit.

Not sure if this answers your question , it should :)

I also often wondered why the always turned off the lights. Maybe ghosts like darkness. Its entertaining and I watch it all the time, but I like the the Truthhunters show. They actually try and find weird anomalies and animals etc. The best one was the one on Bimini where you could actually SEE the weird rays or something on the camera. Then the one in Peru where they saw that light and heard weird electronic noises broadcast over their equipment which was turned off. Those are actuall documented locales. They are interesting and leave many unanswered questions. But Taps kind of just gives a conclusion they come to as they found with their research.

• 2 weeks later...

It does matter day or night these places should be left alone.whether you believe or not ,I wish they would leave these places.But money is the bloody evil,I beleive most people beleive that there is life after death in some form.So wait and you mite prove me wrong then you can come and mone at me.

Folks, I hate going over and over this topic. GH are more show than science, more acting than investigating. Fun to watch on t.v., risky to model any "real life hunting", based on t.v. example.You either love it or hate it. Enough said.

I agree with what graveyard hound said, Real or not, It's fun to watch on TV. Ghost hunters came off as respectable during their first season but as i've seen more of them. The show is just acting these days..

Look up the guy on youtube named HauntedHoax he has some interesting videos and debunks a lot of what you see on TV and other Youtube videos.

I will now do my Ghost Hunters impression.

Ahem...

"Shhhh, what was that?"

The end.

Thank you, thank you.

I will now do my Ghost Hunters impression.

Ahem...

"Shhhh, what was that?"

The end.

Thank you, thank you.

i've got a couple more:

"hey jay, did you just see that? i just saw something move over there!"

or...

"hey...listen to this." *plays garbled static* "wow....that's creepy! could be something."

i've got a couple more:

"hey jay, did you just see that? i just saw something move over there!"

or...

"hey...listen to this." *plays garbled static* "wow....that's creepy! could be something."

"Hey... listen to this EVP i caught...... *ratsaggashernatekuckgishshshsh*, Yepp, Let's take it back to the lab.... It clearly sounds like *get out of here*.

"Hey... listen to this EVP i caught...... *ratsaggashernatekuckgishshshsh*, Yepp, Let's take it back to the lab.... It clearly sounds like *get out of here*.

Exactly. The only evidence they ever find (save some blurry anomalies on camera) are unintelligable audio "EVPs". I understand they need sme kind of evidence to draw in viewers, but at this point, I'm just not buying it any more. It sucks, because it used to be entertaining. But, thing is , the more you get educated about these kind of things, the more you realize there's just nothing going on. I'd like to believe, but it's getting so difficult. They did a good idea, making that series where they take ghost hunting newbs and make a reality show out of them trying to learn the craft. Other than that, not much makes me want to keep watching these shows anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LX1fM46D3c

There is no Jean :cry: I thought that was quite clear and on point, they were talking about a Jean who used to work there. Either a) someone faked that or B) there is no Jean, according to a spirit who resides at Lullabye Lane.

Edit: I don't know why a smiley man in glasses has turned up in the middle of the post, I didn't put him there and he's not showing up as I edit this, maybe my emotions are haunted.

Edited by Regency

I've always thought 'Ghost Adventures' was the most amusing of them all. The guy tries to 'challenge' those ghosts but nothing ever happens. I haven't seen such an attitude apart from WWE.

I've always thought 'Ghost Adventures' was the most amusing of them all. The guy tries to 'challenge' those ghosts but nothing ever happens. I haven't seen such an attitude apart from WWE.

This is relatively new to us in the UK, I think we're on the first series. What I do like about it is that they try and get a decent background on the place they're investigating, sometimes half the show is talking to people and trying to find out what's been going on. Don't give much credence to the investigations itself. Their enthusiasm is amusing though. That one guy, the one with the beard, his shocked face, up close - in night vision, always makes me titter.

Sakari wrote:

I totally agree with you. As you said, most of the "sightings" were described as happening during the daytime, so why not research the claims during the same timeframe. I know some of the places were businesses and it would be difficult to investigate during business hours but not all events happened at a business.

Now that being said, I do find a number of episodes very interesting but I do watch with an open mind.

Ghost Hunters is also comical in the way they make a point to say "well, we wanna go in there and try to debunk what these people are claiming". Then the whole time theyre oohing and aahing at every little creak or draft they come across. "Did you hear that?" Lol.

You know, some topics just need to be shut down, when prpbably 99% of the comments are repeats from someone else's comments expressing the same thing. It seems no one really likes GH/GHI/GH Academy and I don't know how many times, or how many ways, one can put it. Be it scientific matters, or flaws in what has been shown, or how it was done. The show is weak, yes I know that's a repeat,and it needs work. SyFy will never take it off the air unless something goes terribly wrong, like "J" hitting his wife or abusing his kids, same for "G". Just get use to them being here. It's like anything unpleasant that you have no control over, just accept that it does exist and not watch it.

As entertaining as these shows might be, that is all they are. If Ghost Hunters are anything like the UFO Hunters TV show, its just another tabloid BS paper with moving pictures designed to sell "papers".

You know, some topics just need to be shut down, when prpbably 99% of the comments are repeats from someone else's comments expressing the same thing. It seems no one really likes GH/GHI/GH Academy and I don't know how many times, or how many ways, one can put it. Be it scientific matters, or flaws in what has been shown, or how it was done. The show is weak, yes I know that's a repeat,and it needs work. SyFy will never take it off the air unless something goes terribly wrong, like "J" hitting his wife or abusing his kids, same for "G". Just get use to them being here. It's like anything unpleasant that you have no control over, just accept that it does exist and not watch it.

if it was only that simple.....

these kind of shows do unsurmountable damage to to the paranormal investigation field. everytime they exagerate something that happened and sensationalize a shadow it knocks any evidence any "real" investigator captures down to "prove it" standards...