Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nessie in Italian attic mystery

UM-Bot

A mysterious charcoal drawing thought to be by MC Escher has turned up in Italy that shows the Loch Ness Monster. The picture is entitled "Loch Ness Monster and Black Man without a Face" features an inscription on the back signed by Escher which reads "With all my heart to a friendly remembrance".

"Our Loch Ness Monster is famed the world over, and pops up in very strange circumstances from time to time. Now she has surfaced at the centre of an art mystery in Italy. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Press and Journal

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grimmace

• UM-Bot

• McKenna

• jbondo

In my opinion, maybe the Loch Ness Monster. Is really a friendly creature. Like a dog. A lot of dogs are friendly. Maybe the Loch Ness Monster is just that. Friendly. You know you can look scsary. But still have a good heart.

I do not know hoe people cannot see what I see.....

An African or Asian person playing a pipe like instrument to a snake......

Nessie died last week, the funeral will be held at the north end of the loch, all donations go to the keep nessie alive fund (NO FLOWERS)

I do not know hoe people cannot see what I see.....

An African or Asian person playing a pipe like instrument to a snake......

looks like a snake charmer to me

I agree with both of you, that's exactly what they look like to me too.

Nessie looks like a snake and the black man looks like a snake charmer.

I agree with both of you, that's exactly what they look like to me too.

Nessie looks like a snake and the black man looks like a snake charmer.

Whatever it looks like in the picture, it doesn't look like Escher.... The man was known for his realism, impossible though it may be. If it were Escher, I don't think we'd be trying to figure out what it looked like.

Whatever it looks like in the picture, it doesn't look like Escher.... The man was known for his realism, impossible though it may be. If it were Escher, I don't think we'd be trying to figure out what it looked like.

i second that opinion

but who knows, maybe mc escher actually knew a guy who could summon the loch ness monster by playing a flute and drew him a quick sketch as a gift.

I'm just wondering who is was that thought this was a pic of the Loch Ness Monster? I myself do believe in Nessie, but don't see it in this picture.

I don't think it looks like Nessie either. Doesn't look like it has horns on top of its head? The cresent shape just on top of it. Nessie didn't have horns, and most snakes dont have horns ( except the rhino viper :rofl: ) Any way, it certainly does resemble a snake charmer . . .

i second that opinion

but who knows, maybe mc escher actually knew a guy who could summon the loch ness monster by playing a flute and drew him a quick sketch as a gift.

... and breaking out of his traditional norms for the magic of the moment, decided this time to use an orange crayon.

Thanks for the second... It's a personal first that someone on here agrees with me. ;P

This is a blatant hoax. The people that handle the Escher estate (including his own son) have dealt with this same hoax for years. It's silly to think that the artist would make such a charcoal drawing.