Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope 'has no UK arrest immunity'

chemical-licker

I have no issue locking a guy up who looks like this...

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/ericr580/pope_benedict_xvi-evil.jpg

Not only does he remind me of the guy in the TV from Poltergeist, but he throws a Santa hat into the mix to take things to a whole new level...

Still not as bad as Santa Clause from Futurama. . .

A little girl had to write him a letter asking for a coffin so they could finally bury the grandfather he killed last Christmas, lol.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ExpandMyMind

• J.B.

• Doc Socks Junior

• The Silver Thong

Still not as bad as Santa Clause from Futurama. . .

A little girl had to write him a letter asking for a coffin so they could finally bury the grandfather he killed last Christmas, lol.

lol yeah.

However, if the pope comes trudging down my chimney looking like that I'm blowing him away with a double barrel and coming up with some one liner shortly thereafter like, "End of the rope... Santa Pope...".

I'll have to work on that...

I think the oddity for him is that he really doesn't see that the Pope did in fact break the law in his actions. Regardless of the sick nature of the crime he helped cover up.

agreed.

lol yeah.

However, if the pope comes trudging down my chimney looking like that I'm blowing him away with a double barrel and coming up with some one liner shortly thereafter like, "End of the rope... Santa Pope...".

I'll have to work on that...

Just don't comment on Pope on a Rope. Which would be Pope shaped soap, lol. Surely the Pope would be using a rope to get down the chimney.

yes (you are registered through baptism, communion and last of all, confirmation) and an increasing number of people are removing themselves from it. most people aren't aware of the register though.

So, you're saying that there is a universal Catholic register? From what I know about Catholicism, there are parish registers, yes, records of baptisms, confirmations, and marriages. But they are unindexed and aren't really a factor on whether or not you are, in fact, a Catholic.

To answer the whole, "is it a crime?" question. The Pope took more time to review cases regarding pedophilia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/09/pope-benedict-stalled-chi_n_532073.html

Bet this whole pope thing has rocked the catholic church quite a bit. Gearing up for 2012 and all the other things that seem to be falling into place. Hehehe

So, you're saying that there is a universal Catholic register? From what I know about Catholicism, there are parish registers, yes, records of baptisms, confirmations, and marriages. But they are unindexed and aren't really a factor on whether or not you are, in fact, a Catholic.

To answer the whole, "is it a crime?" question. The Pope took more time to review cases regarding pedophilia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/09/pope-benedict-stalled-chi_n_532073.html

Sounds like the whole church, including the last Pope, are guilty in this for slowing it down, Politics or no.

Last I checked, Catholicism isn't a representative democracy like the States are. . . Pope is voted in by Cardinals. Does every Catholic have to like the Pope? He is human after all, and the Cardinals are hardly representative of the people.

if i am right the pope appoints the cardinals who in turn appoint the next pope. when this came out when the other guy was pope(i think) here in the usa. they made new rules and stuff for the priests and moved the pedifils out of the usa and around the world. but those new rules only applied to the usa.

Edited by danielost

Yup. It's based off of how good they've been at their jobs and how pious they are, but it is a Papal appointment.

Sounds like the whole church, including the last Pope, are guilty in this for slowing it down, Politics or no.

So how is the whole Church involved in this?

as i have stated before, officially, you are labeled a catholic and belong to their numbers until your name no longer appears on their books. whether you consider yourself a catholic or not has nothing to do with this. there are plenty who don't practice anymore who are still lumped in with the rest.

Edited by expandmymind

So how is the whole Church involved in this?

The Pope was deliberately slowing down all these proceedings, and no one tried speeding them up. So, he was still loose for a while.

as i have stated before, officially, you are labeled a catholic and belong to their numbers until your name no longer appears on their books. whether you consider yourself a catholic or not has nothing to do with this. there are plenty who don't practice anymore who are still lumped in with the rest.

Officially? Officially according to who? If you say you're not a Catholic anymore...you're not. Regardless of whether or not your name appears in their books. That has nothing to do with anything.

Why would I lump anyone in as a Catholic if they said they weren't?

Officially? Officially according to who? If you say you're not a Catholic anymore...you're not. Regardless of whether or not your name appears in their books. That has nothing to do with anything.

Why would I lump anyone in as a Catholic if they said they weren't?

yes, personally you are not but officially you are.

and it is relevant, because these catholics who do not consider themselves so are still part of the demographics of the nation, classed as a catholic. it is a choice to join the register (albeit once made after years of indoctrination) and a choice to leave. it's like someone saying 'i don't consider myself a freemason anymore', but never officially leaving the organisation - might not be the best example as i don't know a lot about the masons but i'm sure you can see my point.

anyways this is pointless. here, read the bold.

Excommunication is a religious censure used to deprive or suspend membership in a religious community. The word literally means putting [someone] out of communion. In some religions, excommunication includes spiritual condemnation of the member or group. Censures and sanctions sometimes follow excommunication; these include banishment, shunning, and shaming, depending on the religion, the offense that caused excommunication, or the rules or norms of the religious community.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excommunication

you are a 'member' and therefore considered catholic until yourself or the church chooses to remove you. can we please now move on?

Edited by expandmymind

anyways this is pointless. here, read the bold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excommunication

you are a 'member' until you choose not to be, therefore considered catholic. can we please now move on?

Yes, I'd moved on a while ago, I was just attempting to explain it to you. And excommunication has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Yes, I'd moved on a while ago, I was just attempting to explain it to you. And excommunication has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

you were arguing an incorrect point and you obviously did not move on. the link i used from wiki was extremely relevant because it helps show that you were incorrect.

Edited by expandmymind

you were arguing an incorrect point and you obviously did not move on. the link i used from wiki was extremely relevant because it helps show that you were incorrect.

No? And we weren't talking about excommunication. We were talking about personal decisions. So, the link from wiki did nothing to prove anything about that...

i think if the pope get arrested what ever country will be at war with the rest of europe.

No? And we weren't talking about excommunication. We were talking about personal decisions. So, the link from wiki did nothing to prove anything about that...

i cannot believe that you're still trying to argue a point that should have ended as soon as it began. i suggest that you go back and read our exchanges again and if you still cannot see the error if you ways then, and i mean this seriously with no offence intended, it would be worth going back to school and getting yourself a better education.

and it is not my fault that you don't understand the relevance of the wiki link.

i cannot believe that you're still trying to argue a point that should have ended as soon as it began. i suggest that you go back and read our exchanges again and if you still cannot see the error if you ways then, and i mean this seriously with no offence intended, it would be worth going back to school and getting yourself a better education.

and it is not my fault that you don't understand the relevance of the wiki link.

The significance being that if the Pope can excommunicate you, it means there's a list somewhere that they keep your records on, as far as whether you're one of them or not.

The significance being that if the Pope can excommunicate you, it means there's a list somewhere that they keep your records on, as far as whether you're one of them or not.

exactly! :tu:

and until you remove yourself (or are removed) you are deemed a catholic. that's why i'm a catholic (by definition), even though i don't practice follow the religion.

It's not that I don't understand the relevance of the wiki link. It's that there is NO relevance to the wiki link. Based on our discussion.

I agree that the point could have ended as soon as it began. I just don't believe that my education is the one at fault here.

well we can leave it at that, oh wise one (see what i did there :P).

exactly! :tu:

and until you remove yourself (or are removed) you are deemed a catholic. that's why i'm a catholic (by definition), even though i don't practice follow the religion.

No, it is not necessary to be excommunicated to be no longer considered a Catholic. I sincerely doubt the existence of some iteration of a master list with all "registered" Catholics on it.

No, you're not a Catholic anymore, by any stretch of definition. You have, by your own admission, moved on. So, insofar as you have done so, you're not a Catholic anymore.