Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'I'm paid too much' says £213,000-a-year

chemical-licker

'I'm paid too much' says £213,000-a-year police chief as he slams huge salaries collected by public sector bosses

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1265401/Im-paid-says-213-000-year-police-chief.html#ixzz0ktFBJJOa

A top police officer has hit out at huge salaries paid to public sector bosses - and even claimed he is paid too much money.

Sir Norman Bettison, Chief Constable of West Yorkshire, revealed his salary and benefits package totalled £213,000.

Writing about public sector pay, Sir Norman said he had chosen to 'step aside' from a bonus payment last year.

:unsure2: who complains their being paid to much???

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J.B.

• chaoszerg

• chemical-licker

• Barnacle Battlefront

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh... He can swap with me if he likes :yes:

'I'm paid too much' says £213,000-a-year police chief as he slams huge salaries collected by public sector bosses

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1265401/Im-paid-says-213-000-year-police-chief.html#ixzz0ktFBJJOa

A top police officer has hit out at huge salaries paid to public sector bosses - and even claimed he is paid too much money.

Sir Norman Bettison, Chief Constable of West Yorkshire, revealed his salary and benefits package totalled £213,000.

Writing about public sector pay, Sir Norman said he had chosen to 'step aside' from a bonus payment last year.

He probably has his sights set on politics, who knows but I could use a raise.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0ktFBJJOa

LMAO!!!!........him!!!.....what's even more hilarious...........only someone that isn't worthy of a huge salary complains :)....you made my day,lol..............that is so funny..........

LMAO!!!!........him!!!.....what's even more hilarious...........only someone that isn't worthy of a huge salary complains :)....you made my day,lol..............that is so funny..........

:D

he can send me any extra money he has. i could use it.

Guaranteed if he was reduced to 50,000 he would be crying like a baby.

If he truly believes he's being paid too much, he'll donate the cash he considers excess to either family members who need money, or to charity.

Two isolated documented occurances of a reversal, or at least complaint that there should be a reversal, of the old adage about those in power not pruning down their own power. Not enough to say there will be such a trend, but it's a small start. Let's hope this is more than just a small blip.

The guy is a policeman!!

I think police, fire-fighters, paramedics and military should get high wages considering the jobs they do.

The guy is a policeman!!

I think police, fire-fighters, paramedics and military should get high wages considering the jobs they do.

He's a police chief, right now. Police chiefs coordinate the efforts of their underlings and keep the politicans from making life too difficult. I'll admit he does deserve a high salary and benefits from days walking the beat.

and keep the politicans from making life too difficult.

That man needs a raise.

I don't know, how successful has he been at that part of his job? Dailymail doesn't do a good job on background, they're all about a single snapshot of a moment, rather than doing any reporting on the serious lead-up to their stories. We need to know the real particulars, and the real circumstances before we can make an educated opinion.

I don't know, how successful has he been at that part of his job? Dailymail doesn't do a good job on background, they're all about a single snapshot of a moment, rather than doing any reporting on the serious lead-up to their stories. We need to know the real particulars, and the real circumstances before we can make an educated opinion.

I agree the daily fail is a joke, but I still think that the emergency services and the military should get good pay because of the jobs they do.

I agree the daily fail is a joke, but I still think that the emergency services and the military should get good pay because of the jobs they do.

Well, here in the States, while they're doing their jobs, the soldiers get the equivalent of good pay. They run on a more socialized system on base, with cheaper housing, food, and supplies than the rest of us get. As for the rest. . . most of our pay goes to either corruption, cleverness, or entertainment. We need to refocus that to pay social servants like the ones you're talking about, as well as teachers, much better. There are a few more jobs I think like that on, but teachers is the most obvious to me, since I'm still in school and around teachers/education majors all the time.

:unsure2:who complains their being paid to much???

People with a sense of guilt. Thats why you'll never heard a politician say it.

People with a sense of guilt. Thats why you'll never heard a politician say it.

:tu: