Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone remember "Sightings"?

Agent Darkbootie

I have lots of memories of watching this on Sci Fi when I was in middle school. My dad was laid off back then so he and my brother would watch it every morning. It had bigfoot, aliens, reincarnation, everything.

There were a few recurring stories, too. One was about a reformed drug addict who believed he saw angels and made paintings of them, one about a couple that was haunted by a ghost named Sally, and one about how the Pacific "Ring of Fire" would cause the western US to become flooded in 2000 (we started watching in '02) I haven't seen it for years, but it was fun to watch.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indiogene

• WoIverine

• Paranormalcy

• Archangel Oger

I have lots of memories of watching this on Sci Fi when I was in middle school. My dad was laid off back then so he and my brother would watch it every morning. It had bigfoot, aliens, reincarnation, everything.

There were a few recurring stories, too. One was about a reformed drug addict who believed he saw angels and made paintings of them, one about a couple that was haunted by a ghost named Sally, and one about how the Pacific "Ring of Fire" would cause the western US to become flooded in 2000 (we started watching in '02) I haven't seen it for years, but it was fun to watch.

Oh yeah, I think I used to 'tape' that show when it came on. It was a fun one.

I missed that show, Sightings began as a TV special on UFO sightings in late 1991 and was popular enough to become a television series from 1992 to 97. First it was on FOX in 1992-93 season, but was later cancelled and returned to syndication in 1994 to be cancelled yet again in 1997. And the last installment of Sightings was on the Sci-Fi cable network since 1998, mostly are reruns. It survived as a talk radio program heard late at night in the 2000s by Jeff Rense, but Sightings on the airwaves is no more.

Edited by Archangel Michael

Yes, It sure would be nice to have every episode they made on DVD :)

After checking on the web, The show ran for 5 Seasons for a total of 114 Episodes....

http://www.tv.com/sightings/show/3758/episode.html?tag=list_header;paginator;1&season=1

Used to keep up with it when it was originally on, when X-Files and all the paranormal shows were wall to wall, conspiracies everywhere, aliens, ghosts, Peter James was yelling at garage walls, "I'm not frightened of you!" Good times.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah that was a pretty cool show.

One of my favorite programs as a kid, I liked the episode about the giant humanoid rabbits.

The one about chupacabras was the rerun I saw most, and it was also the last one I saw.

I actually used to watch it on Fox, when it debuted back in the early 90's. It moved to sci-fi for reruns or something after it left Fox. Were there new episodes on sci-fi channel when the show moved over to there? I loved the show, it was always very entertaining, wish they'd make an update show, or put it back on the air with new content, etc.

Used to keep up with it when it was originally on, when X-Files and all the paranormal shows were wall to wall, conspiracies everywhere, aliens, ghosts, Peter James was yelling at garage walls, "I'm not frightened of you!" Good times.

LOL! I rememer him, he always reminded me a of a bad Doc Brown / Christopher Lloyd from Back to the Future. lol Yeah...friday nights were great on FOX here, we had Sliders, X-files, Babylon5, then Sightings! I was glued to the TV. :tu:

YES...that is how I spent my Friday nights...I'm a former nerd. lol (Still kinda am)

Edited by SpiderCyde

The host guy was so perfect for that show too. I miss Sightings, seems more if not all paranormal shows are "reality" based. I liked the format of interviews and footage if they had it and special segments on location...

I used to watch with my parents when I was kid. The alien face in the intro used to scare me.

Ah. Good times.

I miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ApoZn_1Qv8

^_^:yes::tu: Here's my Applause to Quill on finding the Sightings TV intro. (that's real good graphics), but critics downplayed Sightings nothing more than a form of "trash TV". Their snobbery never killed the show, I say. :hmm: The FOX network peaked in the mid 90s after a previous decade of being the lowest rated of the then "big three" networks.

Edited by Archangel Michael

I enjoyed watching it, not always that entertaining, but enjoyable never-the-less.

Yes, I remember that show! I was about 11 or 12 when it came out!

I remember that show. It was a goiod show and an early influence on what I thought about the paranormal.

At the time I was a stringent believer. But that was mostly because all I had heard was one side of the story. Then I started investigating a little more and found out that there are other explanations for weird things that doesn't necessarily have to be paranormal.

Here's an example, one of their leading stories was a haunting and dealt with one man who was being scratched by what they thought was a child ghost named Sally. And in one segment they showed these scratches just appearing on him from out of thin air.

And I was influenced by that for a long time. Until I later saw a show on the Stigmata (sorry I cannot remember the name of the show). In one segment they explained that some people can actually injure themselves in a hypnotic state and here's how they illustrated that. They showed one guy was hypnotized, then they told him they were going to place a quarter on his arm that was red hot. Well they placed the quarter on his arm and it left second degree burns.

But the thing is, the quarter was not hot at all. It had not been exposed to a torch or any sort of heat and was at a normal temperature.

And that is just a freaky thing to think about and see. And not paranormal in nature.

I used to love that show. Wasn't the first of it's kind, but Sightings had a certain pleasant vibe to it, even when they were doing stories that made yo say, "Oh, come on!"

I remember the "Sally" episodes, about the family being haunted by the little girl who would scratch the hubby. Wasn't the host's name something White?

I used to love that show. Wasn't the first of it's kind, but Sightings had a certain pleasant vibe to it, even when they were doing stories that made yo say, "Oh, come on!"

I remember the "Sally" episodes, about the family being haunted by the little girl who would scratch the hubby. Wasn't the host's name something White?

I liked this show too. Been so long since I've seen it, I forgot about it.

I liked this show too. Been so long since I've seen it, I forgot about it.

It's Tim White.

Yeah Sightings was a great show, looking back at the stories they did on the End of the World are just hysterical.

That was a good show :tu: