Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WTF? Tea Party Endorses a Democrat for Office

THE MATRIX

link

The lone congressional Democrat to be endorsed by the Tea Party movement will accept the endorsement, even though his campaign is concerned about the optics.

Rep. Walt Minnick (D-Idaho) received the official electoral backing of the Tea Party Express (the largest group affiliated with the broader movement) on Thursday. The announcement was entirely unexpected for the Idaho Democrat -- the lone Democrat to get an endorsement nod from the group.

"It was a complete surprise," said John Foster, a spokesman for the Congressman.

And while Minnick is fine with the endorsement - "Um, sure," Foster replied when asked if the campaign was accepting the Tea Party's backing. "Walt is not in the habit of turning down support." The congressman is cognizant of the reception it could receive among the broader Democratic community.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harte

• J.B.

• Ignus Fatuus

• DevilDogPratt

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tea party express, and regular tea party are 2 totaly different things.

Cognitive dissonance re the TP endorsement of a Democrat is understandable given the propaganda that leftists here use for their news.

Like Janine Garafalo and The Daily Show.

Oh, and those other comedy shows - The Situation Room, Anderson Cooper 360, and anything on (p)MSNBC.

So much easier to dismiss the Tea Party as a bunch of far-right loons. That way, lefties can stay in their warm, soft cocoons.

Harte

Cognitive dissonance re the TP endorsement of a Democrat is understandable given the propaganda that leftists here use for their news.

Like Janine Garafalo and The Daily Show.

Oh, and those other comedy shows - The Situation Room, Anderson Cooper 360, and anything on (p)MSNBC.

Harte

Have you happened to watch The Daily Show? If you would you'd notice that it tears MSNBC about as much as anyone else.

Except for FOX News, but come on there is a lot more material to work with wwhen it comes to FOX. Of course it is a comedy show so no one should be using it as news (just like the show has claimed).

So much easier to dismiss the Tea Party as a bunch of far-right loons. That way, lefties can stay in their warm, soft cocoons.

Unfortuantly it isn't just "lefties" who think the TPs are far-right loons. :innocent:

Have you happened to watch The Daily Show? If you would you'd notice that it tears MSNBC about as much as anyone else.

Except for FOX News, but come on there is a lot more material to work with wwhen it comes to FOX. Of course it is a comedy show so no one should be using it as news (just like the show has claimed).

I know, I felt bad considering I love that show.

Unfortuantly it isn't just "lefties" who think the TPs are far-right loons. :innocent:

Yes, it is unfortunate, which I pointed out in my post above.

Believing the hype about the Tea Party can easily result in being misled about the actual situation. (Of course, this is also true of practically every single thing the media reports on.)

After all, there is a thread here about a poll asserting the Tea Party has a sizeable proportion of Democrats as members.

David Gergen recently reported on the stark contrast between what he found at Tea Parties and what was reported (and what he expected.)

Harte

Edited by Harte

I know, I felt bad considering I love that show.

Yes, it is unfortunate, which I pointed out in my post above.

Believing the hype about the Tea Party can easily result in being misled about the actual situation. (Of course, this is also true of practically every single thing the media reports on.)

After all, there is a thread here about a poll asserting the Tea Party has a sizeable proportion of Democrats as members.

David Gergen recently reported on the stark contrast between what he found at Tea Parties and what was reported (and what he expected.)

Harte

Well, Daily Show hasn't totally ripped apart the Tea Party, they've been doing as many attacks on its attackers as they have on the coverge of it.

It's just one more movement out there. One of the masses oif movements that have spawned over the years is going to fix something eventually, just weed out the people tearing them apart.

Well, Daily Show hasn't totally ripped apart the Tea Party, they've been doing as many attacks on its attackers as they have on the coverge of it.

It's just one more movement out there. One of the masses oif movements that have spawned over the years is going to fix something eventually, just weed out the people tearing them apart.

The tea party as in Boston will not ever be ripped apart as long as there is not a second civil war ... "please God no"!!! I myself have only voted for one republican in my 37 years "19 years" of voting. This was our current county clerk and she is as desirable of an elected official as possible.

I am a Democrat that backs the tea party movement. Our founding fathers found a way through compromise and so can we ... as long as the power of the moderates allow this.

We can yet again be the "United" states of america as long as people stop backing/voting for their party with no rational reason. I have learned from past mistakes as I myself have voted for a few Dem's who have done nothing right ... only wrong.

I have city officials, county officials and even state representitives in my family ... all Democrats and all are christian ... even though the right are supposed to be the party of God. At our every Sunday dinner after church we argue like hell about the state of our county/state/union and even though we disagree about many things we all agree on one principle ...

... the middle ground is where the US became a power and this middle ground is the only place where we can continue to grow!!! Compromise is the key to harmony!!! Without this key we will continue to be locked in a country of chaos!!! Compromise made us strong and compromise will "WILL" solve our problems!!!

Statistics, history, ... it all backs this claim!!! I am sure that some here will disagree ... bring it!!! It is the way of the extremist ...

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

Of course it is a comedy show so no one should be using it as news (just like the show has claimed).

source? i recall the network saying that most of it wasnt news, it was opinion media, however, Fox does have news and it is the best around

also, you have to realize that the Tea Party movement isnt republican or democrat or independent even. they dont care about parties, they want the US to be run by the people for the people, not by some idiot who never worked a real job in his life who thinks he knows what everyone else wants

source? i recall the network saying that most of it wasnt news, it was opinion media, however, Fox does have news and it is the best around

also, you have to realize that the Tea Party movement isnt republican or democrat or independent even. they dont care about parties, they want the US to be run by the people for the people, not by some idiot who never worked a real job in his life who thinks he knows what everyone else wants

He was talking about Daily Show there, which is comedy.

Right, the Tea party isn't really terrible, it's the media coverage hitting on the nutters that is.