Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is it just me...

Cryptid_Control

You can access the internet on your ipod now?? man i must be out of date...

Ipod touch.. :P

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptid_Control

• stereologist

• Mattshark

• Enoonmai

Not quite the right analogy....

it's more like sticking 2+2 together and getting 'lemon' as the answer.

:lol:

Its seems that 2012 will actually be a black year: the year the entire industry built around news media ges out of business because there's just nothing left to sensationalize. If natural occurrences are being so reported, it really says a lot, doesn't it?

Your probably right, chaos. but as i stated i do not believe that the world will end in 2012, maybe something big will happen but i really doubt the human race will come to a end. Anyways we are still 2 3/4 years away from our "doom". What is supposed to happen anyways, solar flares? dident they happen like 11 years ago too? It is probably all the hysteria that is making me just notice all this stuff now. Thanks for your input though everyone :)

CC

I agree with you. I also feel that things are coming to a head, but not just earthquakes. We could also have a meteor strike or a close by-pass from a large comet. Mostly, tho, I think the greatest danger is from human actions. I don't like the way the political situation is un-winding. We're still in a bad depression and engaged in two wars at once and maybe looking at a third, which could get nuclear. We've also got the lumminati plotting to kill off 6 billion people and establish a world dictorship. Not a very peaceful time to be alive. KennyB

2012 people, sticking 2+2 together and getting 5.

No, more like sticking 2+2 together and getting 22.

And I think I have been inspired for a new forum sig.

Edited by Rhomphaia

Read the Revelation of John, it explains things perfectly, if you know how to decipher his prose.

Indeed it does, it's a thinly veiled critique of Rome, or rather the Roman Empire and in particular the Emperor Caesar Nero.

Before we start making claims based off of what you see in the media, do some digging.

The USGS website records all seismic events that they can. We are right on target for the earthquakes numbers for this year, both big and small, so I see nothing to worry about yet.

Before we start making claims based off of what you see in the media, do some digging.

The USGS website records all seismic events that they can. We are right on target for the earthquakes numbers for this year, both big and small, so I see nothing to worry about yet.

BAH! Your logic can't penetrate the mind of a 2012! They remain immune!

Seriously I have been on this forum for mere hours and I am laughing my ass off.

There has not been a massive increase in natural disasters. Let me put it this way: When you are going to work and you are late and stressed, on the way it seems like every crossing has a red light and each one infuriates you and you become angry over the ridiculous amounts of red lights today. Well as it turns out these lights are automated and timed so traffic can run optimally you just happen to think they were more frequent because you happened to be annoyed and took notice of them. These recent natural disaster hysteria nonsense is the same bull. Natural disasters are happening all the time, it's the frequency of reporting them that has been going up, not the amount of disasters; this is all thanks to the 2012 subscribers - news channels are going to emphasize and report more on news that they think their viewers will watch and not change the channel.

• 2 weeks later...

i think yellowstone might erupted but in 2011. but if these earthquake keep coming like there are we mite have more vocanos erupting or if one big ones hit yellowstone then might wake it up then we mite be in truble. that amazem me that on dec, 21, 2012 all the planet line up. i would like to see that. i dont think that 2012 gana be the end i think some thing new gana happen that would chang man kind for ever that what i think.

but i have notteseds that there more bigger earth quakes, storm geting worse and the paranormal or ghost they are more siting of them.i think we will see more odd things happing and incrsing thing like tornadose and stuff like that.p.s keep an eye out for animals and wierd behavers they are all ways first to konw when some things up or gana happen.

that amazem me that on dec, 21, 2012 all the planet line up.

That's wrong. They do not all line up. I think that Mercury and Venus might form a conjunction. BTW, conjunctions and oppositions happen several times a year.

I just ran a program called Stellarium and it shows that Mercury, Venus, and Saturn are in the morning sky around 7AM. Only Mercury and Venus are close to each other.

The 3 planets are close to each other on the second of December in 2012. That will be pretty to see.

Edited by stereologist

i think yellowstone might erupted but in 2011. but if these earthquake keep coming like there are we mite have more vocanos erupting or if one big ones hit yellowstone then might wake it up then we mite be in truble. that amazem me that on dec, 21, 2012 all the planet line up. i would like to see that. i dont think that 2012 gana be the end i think some thing new gana happen that would chang man kind for ever that what i think.

but i have notteseds that there more bigger earth quakes, storm geting worse and the paranormal or ghost they are more siting of them.i think we will see more odd things happing and incrsing thing like tornadose and stuff like that.p.s keep an eye out for animals and wierd behavers they are all ways first to konw when some things up or gana happen.

OK, first of all, read up on things before you make statements like this.

Yellowstone :

Due to the volcanic and tectonic nature of the region, the Yellowstone Caldera experiences between 1000 and 2000 measurable earthquakes a year, though most are relatively minor, measuring a magnitude of 3 or weaker. Occasionally, numerous earthquakes are detected in a relatively short period of time, an event known as an earthquake swarm. In 1985, more than 3000 earthquakes were measured over several months. More than 70 smaller swarms have been detected between 1983 and 2008. The USGS states that these swarms could be caused more by slips on pre-existing faults than by movements of magma or hydrothermal fluids.

The upward movement of the Yellowstone caldera floor—almost 3 inches each year between 2004 and 2008—was more than three times greater than ever observed since such measurements began in 1923. By the end of 2009, the uplift had slowed significantly and appeared to have stopped. In January 2010, the USGS stated "that uplift of the Yellowstone Caldera has slowed significantly" and uplift continues but at a slower pace. The U.S. Geological Survey, University of Utah and National Park Service scientists with the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory maintain that they "see no evidence that another such cataclysmic eruption will occur at Yellowstone in the foreseeable future. Recurrence intervals of these events are neither regular nor predictable."

Planetary alignment :

First of all, alignments where the five naked-eye planets cluster together in the sky within a circle 25 degrees or less in diameter once every 57 years, on average. There was one in in 1962 which sent many people into a panic. There was another in 2000. They are fairly common. The next time it will happen is September 8, 2040. The 2040 grouping will include Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and the crescent Moon. They will appear in the sky in a cluster well east of the Sun in the early evening.

But what about 2012? Nope. Nada. Nothing. There aren’t any ‘alignments’, except for the normal conjunctions that happen every year. For a good page on what exactly is meant by ‘alignments’ (and some of the pseudo-scientific claims about them) take a look at this page by Dr. Donald Luttermoser at East Tennessee State University

And for the record, animals do NOT know first, ask any biologist or zoologist. So please, before making claims like this, make sure you have all the facts in your possession.

I'm not sure if 2012 is a time any better or worse than any others given to us.

We are certainly more aware of what is happening at the global level. It seems like more because we are hearing more. Maybe it's just our media, but it feels like a lot more bad stuff is happening than good stuff, and that's frightening.

There's natural phenomena and situations going on. A man-made disaster that may or may not end up having global impact. Boiling tensions of the common masses against each other all over the world, inside their own own boundaries as well as at others outside them. Our economic systems are all dependent on each other, and big cracks are showing in the cement that binds us. Some systems are proving to be little more than dust as the cracks pull it apart. Corruption and scandal seem rife among the ranks of those entrusted to make decisions for the greater good. A lot of people seem to have finer triggers, and are more likely to fire off in overly hostile ways.

By some reports, we could be facing shortages of energy, potable water supplies, and food resources in the vaguely foreseeable future if some serious changes aren't made to the way we are handling those things now.

It seems like for every cure and advance we make in medical science, there is a new virus, DNA problem, or bad drug popping up.

It could be that media overkill has made people fearful and suspicious. It could be that something wicked is indeed coming to dinner, and we need to grab our antacids and hope we will still be around for the digestifs.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry, Earth has always been geologically active. There will always be plate tectonics, thus subduction zones, fault zones, etc. As for Yellowstone, if there is a large amount of magma building up, there will always be tremendous pressure. Geologists rule!