Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two strange British UFO occupant reports.

karl 12

Two very strange UFO occupant reports taken from the 1977 English documentary '

' - the first one involves a lady and her two sons witnessing a UFO (and occupants) over her house in Staffordshire, 1954 and the second video features testimony from a couple in Winchester who state their vehicle was forced off the road before encountering occupants from a strange cigar shaped object in 1976.
Staffordshire, England, October, 1954.

Reports of very close sightings of discoid UFOs with transparent domes, with "human-looking" UFO-occupants, include Mrs.Roestenberg, age 29 at the time, and her two sons over her home near Ranton, Staffordshire, England in Oct-1954

Winchester, England, November 1976.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=antKzrygQyA

On 14th November 1976 about 9.00pm near Winchester, Joyce Bowles and Ted Pratt were driving down the A272 when the car started to jolt and shake, and then veered off the road into a grass verge by the roadside. The car was subject to electrical interference as the engine roared, and the lights seemed to be shine brighter than normal. They spotted what appeared to be a cigar shaped craft with three entities behind a window in the object. As they watched a bearded humanoid wearing a silver suit came out of the object, walked to the car and looked in on the occupants. He then disappeared and the couple were able to drive off.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karl 12

• Antimony

• Spectre1979

These sort of sighting interest me far more then most others - ordinary everyday people reporting extroadinary sightings - I do believe that in a fair proportion of cases like these the people are genuinely reporting and extroadinary event - I would love to know what the cause of it is.

Edited by Scanner.....

Two very strange UFO occupant reports taken from the 1977 English documentary the first one involves a lady and her two sons witnessing a UFO (and occupants) over her house in Staffordshire, 1954....

Utterly, utterly fascinating. Either this woman is an undiscovered, Oscar-deserving actress giving the performance of the century, or she's telling the truth.

All I can say is Passport to Magonia. Any other explanation would be even more incredible.

and the second video features testimony from a couple in Winchester who state their vehicle was forced off the road before encountering occupants from a strange cigar shaped object in 1976.

Again, utterly weird. But somehow something in the woman's report sounds a bit off. She spools it off...so pat somehow, like a script. But that could well be because she has told the story already many times before. Apart form that, the expression "cigar-shaped object" is so Ufology specific, would your garden-variety person use that, instead of cylinder-shaped, f. ex.? Then the remark about the car headlights having become four times stronger than usual: How would one measure that subjectively? I don't think most people would spontaneously have described it that way.

Hi'Karl!'..Have to admit..that i've seen both these interviews before!...Infact...I can remember the second one from the actual time of the alledged encounter!!(and she was also on Arthur C Clarkes program as well!)...And I remember at the time....thinking that there was something a 'little iffy',about the Lady...she seemed so confident that she would be believed.. that it seemed too good to be true!(really,she reminded me of a schoolteacher in my school!..and there's no way that I would have believed her!) :lol: ..But with the passing of time....well...as Arthur used to say...on mondays , wednesdays and fridays....I believe!...But for the rest of the week......? :tu:

That's where your red flags should go up. What are the chances that ET's would look like us?

But, remember how the first Lady was talking about how beautiful they were, with blonde, golden hair?

Compare that to Faery-lore. The beautiful people, etc.

That's where your red flags should go up. What are the chances that ET's would look like us?

But, remember how the first Lady was talking about how beautiful they were, with blonde, golden hair?

Compare that to Faery-lore. The beautiful people, etc.

Yeah I was believing them until they said that... however, it could mean humans trying out military aircraft... but why engage the public?

No, no you misunderstand what I was trying to say. I do believe them, at least the first lady for sure.

I was talking about Jacques Vallee's take on it, i.e. that these UFO's aren't visitors from another planet but manifestations of an unknown intelligence, with these manifestations changing their nature over time adapting to the evolution of human culture; 300 years ago it was faeries, now it's aliens, same thing.

Thanks for the replies - Antimony, there's an interesting (and relevant) article below about that from the Blade Tribune Newspaper, September 17, 1986

E.T. May Look Just Like Us."

"Forget all those fanciful Hollywood notions about the bizarre appearance of extra-terrestrial beings. E.T., if he or she exists, actually may look much like an ordinary human being. That is the conclusion of an international authority on the origins of life who has reported the first scientific evidence that life may be fundamentally similar throughout the universe.

'When we do land on a planet some where some day, don't be surprised if somebody walks up to shake your hand.' Dr. Cyril Ponnamperuma said."

Dr. Cyril Ponnamperuma was director of the University of Maryland's Laboratory of Chemical Evolution. The lab has pioneered research on how life might have originated from spontaneous chemical reactions among chemicals that existed on earth billions of years ago.

Link

I was talking about Jacques Vallee's take on it, i.e. that these UFO's aren't visitors from another planet but manifestations of an unknown intelligence..

It's certainly an interesting hypothesis - Gordon Creighton who is featured in the same documentary

also appeared to believe these objects may be from 'another reality' rather than a strictly extra-terrestrial source.

I suspect you may have read it but here's the definitive E-book on the EDH and who knows, maybe Jacques Vallee had it right all along:

c3390ec448c6.jpg
As an alternative to the extraterrestrial visitation hypothesis, Vallée has suggested a multidimensional visitation hypothesis. This hypothesis represents an extension of the ETH where the alleged extraterrestrials could be potentially from anywhere. The entities could be multidimensional beyond space-time, and thus could coexist with humans, yet remain undetected.

Vallee, Jacques - Passport to Magonia - On UFOs, Folklore, and Parallel Worlds

Cheers.

Hey Karl 12,

Thanks a lot for the links. That UFO website looks interesting, but seems to require a bit of separating the wheat from the chaff. I'm pretty sure the "amphibian humanoid" from Italy is a hoax f.ex.

Yes, of course I've read "Passport to Magonia". IMO an absolute must for anyone wanting to study the UFO phenomenon. At the moment, it's pretty much my pet theory. Any other explanation requires too much cherry-picking of the data.

Yes, of course I've read "Passport to Magonia". IMO an absolute must for anyone wanting to study the UFO phenomenon. At the moment, it's pretty much my pet theory. Any other explanation requires too much cherry-picking of the data.

Antimony, that is indeed a mighty fine book and the explanation is certainly a very interesting one. :)

Here's another link showing some freaky UFO occupants:

UFO occupants ~ drawings,sketches and non-human reports

Cheers.

That's a brilliant link! A double cheer for the people who collated those drawings.

This picture particularly caught my attention:

789481816681.jpg

It's supposed to be a hairy dwarf Alien and seeing it, I thought: well, there you have it!

There are dozens of UFO accounts describing dwarfs, not all, but some of them dark & hairy.

Below I'll post some of them.

We also know that dwarfs (together with faeries) have figured in legends & folklore all over the world. And, you guessed it, in many of those stories the dwarfs are dark & hairy.

Here's a small quote from "Passport to Magonia:

As late as 1850, one race of lutins survived in France, in the

region of Poitou, which has been in recent years a favorite landing

area for flying saucers. The lutins of Poitou were known as farfadets,

and the Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris contains several

delightful accounts of their mischievous deeds.

What were the main characteristics of the fadets or farfadets?

They were little men, very black and hairy. All day long they lived

in caves, and at night they liked to get close to the farms. Usually

their favorite pastime was to play tricks on terrified women. Their

dwellings were located with some precision. C. Puichaud, for

instance, has reported in a lecture that farfadets lived for a long

time at La Boulardierc near Tcrves, Deux-Sevres, in underground

tunnels they had dug themselves.5 At La Boissiere, the inhabitants

describe the fadets as hairy dwarfs who played all sorts of pranks.*

Another characteristic of faery-tales, especially in Gaelic stories, is that they sometimes abduct (or invite) humans into their world under the hills, and that time passes differently in their world. There are a multitude of stories where the person thought they spent just an instant amongst faeries/dwarfs, but when they returned days, weeks or even years had passed by.

Now look at a detail of this man's story who claimed to have been abducted by dwarfs into an underground cavern:

In May 1969, an off-duty Brazilian soldier encountered silver-suited humanoids, bearded cave-dwarves, and a Christ-like apparition - all during the course of a single abduction event.....//....The dwarves blindfolded their prisoner again and took him back to Earth. Da Silva found himself stranded outside Vitoria, 200 miles away from where he had been abducted. He was astonished to discover that four days had passed during his absence.

Here are the other stories: ( link)

On November 28, 1954, truck driver Gustavo Gonzalez and his assistant Jose Ponce were travelling to Petare when they found the road blocked by a 9-ft-wide spherical craft hovering 6 feet above the ground.

Gonzalez exited the truck and was confronted by a 3-ft-tall hairy dwarf. It had glowing red eyes and was wearing a loincloth. When he tried to grab it, it gave him a shove that sent him flying backwards 15 feet. Then it came leaping after him! Gonzalez drew his knife and stabbed it in the shoulder, but the blade merely glanced off as though it had struck steel.

Ponce jumped down from the truck just as two more dwarves emerged from the roadside carrying armfuls of rocks. Seeing himself outnumbered, he ran to a nearby police station to fetch help.

Meanwhile, Gonzalez was momentarily blinded when a dwarf standing inside the sphere fired a dazzling beam of light at him. His assailant leapt into the craft, which flew quickly away. The trucker was left with a deep scratch down one side

On December 10, 1954, hunters Lorenzo Flores and Jesus Gomez encountered a luminous 3-ft-wide craft "like two washbowls put together" in countryside near Carora. It was hovering just above the ground emitting flames from its underside.

"We saw four little men coming out of it," Flores said. "When they realised we were there, four of them grabbed Jesus and tried to drag him towards this thing."

"I could do nothing but take my shotgun, which was unloaded, and strike at one of them. The gun seemed to have struck rock or something harder, for it broke into two pieces."

Asked to describe the assailants, Flores said, "We could see no details as it was dark, but what we did notice was the abundant hair on their bodies and their great strength".

The men managed to escape the clutches of the entities and fled to the nearest police station, badly bruised and scratched.

Three days after the attack on Jesus Gomez, another man named Jesus was attacked by a hairy dwarf. Jesus Paz was being driven home by friends after a night out in San Carlos del Zulia when he asked the driver to pull over so he could relieve himself in the bushes by the roadside.

Moments later, his friends heard him screaming in pain. They ran to his aid and found him lying unconscious, covered in scratches and bleeding profusely. A short hairy entity rushed past them and leapt into a flat shiny disc hovering nearby. The disc emitted a whistling sound, then shot out of sight. Paz's injuries were so severe that he needed hospital treatment.

On the evening of December 19, 1954, Valencia jockey Jose Parra was out jogging when he saw a sextet of hairy dwarves loading boulders on to a hovering disc-shaped craft.

Parra tried to run away, but one of the beings paralysed him by firing a violet beam of light at him from a hand-held device. Then the dwarves simply boarded their craft and flew away.

Police investigated the site of the encounter and found strange footprints that were "neither animal or human".

Here is one case from Passport to Magonia:

Oct. 5,1954, 07 15, Mertrud (France):

A roadmender, Mr. Narcy, saw an object near the road between Voillecomte and La

Neuville. In a report to police, he stated he saw a hairy dwarf wearing an orange tight-fitting jacket climb aboard the craft, which consisted of a cigarshaped section under a flat disk. Between the two sections was a kind of porthole through which the entity entered the object. Traces were found at the spot.

Interesting, isn't it?

Edited by Antimony

Hi'Karl!'..Have to admit..that i've seen both these interviews before!...Infact...I can remember the second one from the actual time of the alledged encounter!!(and she was also on Arthur C Clarkes program as well!)...And I remember at the time....thinking that there was something a 'little iffy',about the Lady...she seemed so confident that she would be believed.. that it seemed too good to be true!(really,she reminded me of a schoolteacher in my school!..and there's no way that I would have believed her!) :lol: ..But with the passing of time....well...as Arthur used to say...on mondays , wednesdays and fridays....I believe!...But for the rest of the week......? :tu:

1963, got to love those old Arthur C. Clarke programmes. :)

Found some more info on the second video and, if what it states at this link is true then then I'd say the fact that the couple claimed multiple 'encounters' diminishes their credibility somewhat - one of the other incidents involving Mrs Bowles and a Mrs Strickland is covered in this 1977 NICAP chronology and does contain similar aspects to the first case - I did find this part from the first link interesting though:

The Daily Mail investigated the encounter and uncovered eight other sightings of glowing cigar-shaped UFOs in the Winchester area that weekend, including one report of "a strange man in a silver suit".

Cheers.

These sort of sighting interest me far more then most others - ordinary everyday people reporting extroadinary sightings - I do believe that in a fair proportion of cases like these the people are genuinely reporting and extroadinary event - I would love to know what the cause of it is.

Scanner, I'd also love to know the cause as there appears to be so many strange reports from seemingly normal, everyday people that it's all very intriguing - I do agree that lady in the first video sounded very sincere and actualy believed what she was saying to be the truth - there's a short description of the encounter below with a present day photograph taken from another site:

Jessie Roestenberg - 1954

9d0976443fe7.jpg

Because long distance sightings, or encounters of the first kind, are prone to erroneous interpretations, the episode moves on to some darker accounts where people claim to have had a close encounter of the third kind.That is the case of Mrs. Jesse Roesternberg, living in a farmhouse in Staffordshire at the time of the event. On the 21st of October, 1954, just as she was tidying herself up she heard a loud noise she described as that of a “giant cauldron of water poured on a hot fire”. She took her children to the front garden and they all observed, in awe, what Mrs. Roestenberg identified as a craft with the size of 60ft/18m, approximately, like a “huge Mexican hat”. She also observed that from within it were beautiful people with long blond hair and vivid blue suits, staring at her. As a reaction to her disbelief, she then looked at her children and asked if they too were seeing it: on that same instant, as she looked back, the craft had circled the farm two times and then vanished as it ascended the sky.

Link

Cheers.

Another characteristic of faery-tales, especially in Gaelic stories, is that they sometimes abduct (or invite) humans into their world under the hills, and that time passes differently in their world. There are a multitude of stories where the person thought they spent just an instant amongst faeries/dwarfs, but when they returned days, weeks or even years had passed by.

Antimony, those certainly are some very fascinating accounts, I can't remember where I've read it but I also recall Irish folklore stories of 'fairies' abducting children to 'castles in the sky' so thats an interesting aspect - here's Jacques speaking about UFOs in the 1970s and he makes some intriguing comments around 1:12

Cheers. :)

1963, got to love those old Arthur C. Clarke programmes. :)

Found some more info on the second video and, if what it states at this link is true then then I'd say the fact that the couple claimed multiple 'encounters' diminishes their credibility somewhat - one of the other incidents involving Mrs Bowles and a Mrs Strickland is covered in this 1977 NICAP chronology and does contain similar aspects to the first case - I did find this part from the first link interesting though:

Cheers.

:lol: Bear me out on this one'Karl!'....A frosty morning in the mid 1970s......Mrs.Bowles and a number of her friends at the local Winchester W.I..Decide to do something about all of this local and international strife and nuclear threat that they had been seeing on t.v!..When all of a sudden!..Mrs.Bowles thinks of a bright and sure fire plan to get the world governments to take notice of what they were trying to say!...."Well!...What could that be?" said Mrs.Strickland....they huddled closer together...and Mrs.Bowles said...."What we need ladies.. is!..." she paused with a knowing smile on her face!...."The message to come from a higher source!!"...they all sank back in their chairs!....Mrs.Strickland said..."Yes!..of course..but which.. higher source?"...Mrs.Bowles took a sip of her tea..and said..."Leave it to me girls! I might need a hand from a few of you...but i'm sure it can be done!!"...with an even bigger knowing smile on her face!!!!!......And the rest is history!!...or mystery! :lol: