Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World opinion of US rises under Obama, BBC

THE MATRIX

Ya, they've already shot down designs that actually work, both for better electrics and better fuel mileage. If you need sources for this I'll track some down. I've only heard it so far, some of that from this site. There's also a bug in the works that can convert farm waste into crude oil anyway. That from an article posted on this site, which I can dig up soon. I'd say America could be on her way back to greatness if we turn back into a primarily agricultural nation, and use those bugs on our waste to create crude fuel. Add in the power in a cube idea, and our power problems are set. Only problem is if they finally nail the coffin on the idea that the correlation between CO2 and GCC is just correlative with no causal links.

No you don't have to dig up anything from this site as most things posted in regards to fossil substitutes has been covered large (I read UM 8 hrs a day at work;). I was hoping for something new. Don't get me wrong most things posted here in the new tech category are years away and 9 times out of ten will be ummmm bunk. Fact is oil will be exploited till the last bullet draws the last drop of blood out of the ground.

There is not one oil company out there willing to convert no matter what technology is developed to reduce our dependence on oil. We kill for oil.

Edited by The Silver Thong

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astute One

• AROCES

• J.B.

• Sthenno

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No you don't have to dig up anything from this site as most things posted in regards to fossil substitutes has been covered large (I read UM 8 hrs a day at work;). I was hoping for something new. Don't get me wrong most things posted here in the new tech category are years away and 9 times out of ten will be ummmm bunk. Fact is oil will be exploited till the last bullet draws the last drop of blood out of the ground.

There is not one oil company out there willing to convert no matter what technology is developed to reduce our dependence on oil. We kill 5 people for every barrel of oil. Don't ask for a link, it's my estimate.

Dang, do you get paid to read this place? lol. I'd love that job, though if it were my job I'd get damn serious about evidence and backing my posts up, as I already should.

The companies will switch when their power source runs out, and that bacteria "bug" I mentioned would extend that resource indefinitely. I could see us becoming a serious oil nation and even having a surplus that would utterly cut out Iran, if that little thing panned out and they could grow enough. Two very big ifs, so we'll have to see.

Dang, do you get paid to read this place? lol. I'd love that job, though if it were my job I'd get damn serious about evidence and backing my posts up, as I already should.

The companies will switch when their power source runs out, and that bacteria "bug" I mentioned would extend that resource indefinitely. I could see us becoming a serious oil nation and even having a surplus that would utterly cut out Iran, if that little thing panned out and they could grow enough. Two very big ifs, so we'll have to see.

My job allows for me to have freedom to do what I want so maybe 8 hrs was to much maybe 5 ;) yes my job does pay me to be there(at work, nothing to do with UM) as I have assets that they like. I'm good at my job.

I did correct my post in that we don't kill 5 people per barrel but we do kill for it. Ok you have me curious now. What about your "bug" that creates oil. I must have missed that one could you link me to it? That would be pretty cool but don't tell the government as they will tell the oil comps ;)

Edited by The Silver Thong

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article4133668.ece

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/07/060729133523.htm

Those two articles for starters. Couldn't find the link on UM anymore, I know the time range, but couldn't id the right article. This is relevant to the topic because if used right, we could definitely turn around public perception of our nation.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article4133668.ece

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/07/060729133523.htm

Those two articles for starters. Couldn't find the link on UM anymore, I know the time range, but couldn't id the right article. This is relevant to the topic because if used right, we could definitely turn around public perception of our nation.

Oh I see what you see to. However we seem to rely to much on what is possible to what is allowed. If what I post is true and he did take his invention to the government then it's gone. It will not be allowed as oil will be sucked dry befor anything else. Oil companies have not invested billions to lose out to cheap fuel. Trust me.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=406_1271697864

Fusion cutter. A sci-fi staple, no doubt. It'd be real, hydrogen powered cars work on similar principles. In fact, I think that's what happened to this patent. America won't adopt this for civilians yet, but I think they've made progress on a hydrogen highway out in Europe. One of the Nordic countries?

Also, other reasons to be careful with the oilbug: A simple outbreak of the bug, suitably modified perhaps, could turn all our crops into crude, forcing us to import all our food. Sure, we could pay in gasoline, but it'd still destabilize the nation.

Obama better pronounce it right since he is using a teleprompter. Without it, he gets lost and does not make any sense. A great orator, that is all he is.
While many American Presidents can be acurately descriped as mere figure heads, Obama is nothing more than a hood onament.
Maybe because they had to give up trying to get Bush to talk the way a leader should talk? At least Obama can pronounce the words. That's a step up.
So, you never stammer for words when tossed a question that you didn't expect? How about it half the questions you get are designed to be trick questions and MAKE you look like a fool? Before yuo try to say that it isn't true, the Left was slamming Bush before he even took office. Remember that infamous question about who was the President of Pakistan before he was even nominated? What possible reason could anyone have to aske that question out of the blue EXCEPT to try to make someone look foolish? Notice how the entire MSM ran with it? Did they do that when Obamas teleprompter shut down that time? No, they turned off their cameras. Bush DID trip over his words a lot but, Obama can't even do that if there's a power failure. Anyone that REALLY believes that Obama is smarter than Bush is probably also foolish enough to think that Billy-Bob Clinton didn't inhale.

And still, there is that issue of "why should Americans even care what the rest of the world thinks of who WE elect"? Do people in other countries fret over what the average American thinks of their Presidents, Prime Ministers or Potentates?

Do the French aske themselves "who would the Americans approve of?" before they pull the lever?

Obama is not even a leader, he is just an organizer.

I think being the President of the United States QUALIFIES as a leadership position.

You should listen to yourself sometimes. Defending America while bashing your own leader. It's pathetic.

If he does something wrong, we get to 'vote him out'...But until then, I think he deserves your respect. President Bush deserved the same treatment.

I think being the President of the United States QUALIFIES as a leadership position.

You should listen to yourself sometimes. Defending America while bashing your own leader. It's pathetic.

If he does something wrong, we get to 'vote him out'...But until then, I think he deserves your respect. President Bush deserved the same treatment.

Deserves our respect?? The man is a criminal. He deserves the inside of a prison cell.

You may have missed it, but he did some stuff to health-care. Also, he reversed the ban on stem cell research which is a pretty big deal, but I never hear anyone talk about that.

To use accurate language, there was never a ban on stem cell research.

There was a ban on the Government paying for stem-cell research not involving certain lines of stem cells that had already been created.

Anyone in the US was always free to conduct stem cell research at any time, just not on the government's tab.

Of course, there's very little the Democrats would care to see not on the government's tab. But in this particular case, I'm in agreement with the Dems.

Harte

The leader is not synonymous with the nation. Someone who says you have to keep from bashing your president to be loyal to your nation is as bad as any ****er who said since Bush was our president we couldn't get on his ass for the **** he did.

Also, right and wrong are subjective, outside the scope of the Constitution. He may be doing something wrong and yet still have considerable support from members of the nation. It's subjective. We can't really vote him out unless enough people honestly think he's doing something wrong.

"World opinion of US rises under Obama, BBC poll finds"

I wonder what an Unsolved Mysteries poll in regard to the same thing would show...

"World opinion of US rises under Obama, BBC poll finds"

I wonder what an Unsolved Mysteries poll in regard to the same thing would show...

That this place is full of Republicans. I figured McCain would have done little better. Probably would've kicked the bucket before he reached office. Imagine Palin as secretary of state.

Seriously, some people don't know when they have got it good.

That this place is full of Republicans. I figured McCain would have done little better. Probably would've kicked the bucket before he reached office. Imagine Palin as secretary of state.

Seriously, some people don't know when they have got it good.

Hardly. There are people on the other side giving it as good as they're getting. I doubt the Repubs here outn umber the Dems much, if at all.

Who gives a rats behind what other countries think of the USA.

Great leaders understand they have a job to do for their country and sometimes the job doesn't include making friends. The job requires p***ing people off to protect the interest of the USA, which BO doesn't understand.

Of course other countries want a US President who is an appeaser and who is dedicated to leveling the playing field for them. Other countries are envious of US wealth and power, and they want our wealth that we have earned and they have not.

From their point of view, they take the Kadafi approach as well, "I love Obama, he is my son, he is our son." I know when a US President is worthy of the title of a great President. This is when the rest of the world despises the USA because the rest of the world is our competition.

How many companies in the world would stay in business if they continually appeased their competition and leveled the playing field by handing their contracts/wealth to their competitors. It's a shame there are so many brain washed, ignorant Americans out there who do not have a clue about what is really going on. WAKE UP!!

Who gives a rats behind what other countries think of the USA.

Great leaders understand they have a job to do for their country and sometimes the job doesn't include making friends. The job requires p***ing people off to protect the interest of the USA, which BO doesn't understand.

Of course other countries want a US President who is an appeaser and who is dedicated to leveling the playing field for them. Other countries are envious of US wealth and power, and they want our wealth that we have earned and they have not.

From their point of view, they take the Kadafi approach as well, "I love Obama, he is my son, he is our son." I know when a US President is worthy of the title of a great President. This is when the rest of the world despises the USA because the rest of the world is our competition.

How many companies in the world would stay in business if they continually appeased their competition and leveled the playing field by handing their contracts/wealth to their competitors. It's a shame there are so many brain washed, ignorant Americans out there who do not have a clue about what is really going on. WAKE UP!!

How dare you call people ignorant. You should look at yourself in the mirror before you call anyone ignorant. You have no right to call anyone ignorant. When you start to create coherent posts and bring reliable sources into your argument then MAYBE you can call someone ignorant.

The U.S. has held the #1 in the World position simply out of fear of really pi!@#$@ us off. Obama thinks we have to be friends with everybody, sorry won't work. The United Nations works (I say that while LOL ) only because of the Big Boys on the block. There are simply to many countries believing in to many different things to ever be friends. It is better to have the most powerful Military and treat each other with respect and just let it go at that.

How dare you call people ignorant. You should look at yourself in the mirror before you call anyone ignorant. You have no right to call anyone ignorant. When you start to create coherent posts and bring reliable sources into your argument then MAYBE you can call someone ignorant.

He's right. The sheep far outnumber the wolves in this country. It's a shame.

Edited by SpiderCyde

LMAO!!!!!

Must have struck a nerve.

Did I mention your name or are you just reading yourself into a potential insult?

I have looked in the mirror and I see someone who calls it as he sees it, and who is not an appeaser, who believes in pay for performance/hard work.

Some people are helpless and it doesn't matter how much help they are given, they just don't get it. Some are mentally ill. Some are smart but misguided. Some are IGNORANT. Some just don't give a SH.T. I know some people like this. You are welcome to send them part of your paycheck if you like. You can support and appease all you desire. I don't have a problem with that. Just don't expect me to play your game.

I fight for what I believe in. I don't bend over and say appease me.

Our nation is in trouble. You can be part of the problem by IGNORING the root cause, or you can be part of the solution. So go ahead, shoot the messenger because you don't like the message. I expect that, but next time, you should take a few practice shots first because you missed this time.

I can say anything I want, it's called free speech. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcome to NOT read my posts.

I would ask you what you want me to provide evidence for, but in this case, I don't want to appease, so I will pass.

Have a nice evening.

Paraphrasing Machiavelli here: It is better to be loved than feared, but you must avoid being hated.

If America has no friends in the world it is doomed.

He's right. The sheep far outnumber the wolves in this country. It's a shame.

I wonder which group you think you belong to. :P

Paraphrasing Machiavelli here: It is better to be loved than feared, but you must avoid being hated.

Neither, I hate everyone equally. <_<

/Quirks an eyebrow./ Unless you're not quoting the Prince, I believe you got your paraphrase wrong. He said it was better to be feared than loved because you can control fear, but not love. It makes sense too, because to be loved you either have to get lucky enough for people to realize the bitter medicine you're giving them will help, or you have to be an appeaser which spells trouble.

LMAO!!!!!

Must have struck a nerve.

Did I mention your name or are you just reading yourself into a potential insult?

I have looked in the mirror and I see someone who calls it as he sees it, and who is not an appeaser, who believes in pay for performance/hard work.

Some people are helpless and it doesn't matter how much help they are given, they just don't get it. Some are mentally ill. Some are smart but misguided. Some are IGNORANT. Some just don't give a SH.T. I know some people like this. You are welcome to send them part of your paycheck if you like. You can support and appease all you desire. I don't have a problem with that. Just don't expect me to play your game.

I fight for what I believe in. I don't bend over and say appease me.

Our nation is in trouble. You can be part of the problem by IGNORING the root cause, or you can be part of the solution. So go ahead, shoot the messenger because you don't like the message. I expect that, but next time, you should take a few practice shots first because you missed this time.

I can say anything I want, it's called free speech. If you don't like my opinion, you are welcome to NOT read my posts.

I would ask you what you want me to provide evidence for, but in this case, I don't want to appease, so I will pass.

Have a nice evening.

Notice how I did not give my view on any policy. I disagree with the majority of policies that have been created recently. Nothing gives you the right to say someone is ignorant. The reason I took offense to this is because you are NO better than anyone who may be ignorant. At least they can create a coherent argument with actual evidence. I've been reading a lot of your posts and everything you say seems to be based more on opinion and speculation that fact. Opinion's have no place in politics. Yes, you are entitled to it, but tell it to your psychiatrist, we don't care. Come to a considered judgment instead. I would respect you if you could come to a considered judgment and back it up with more than some looney person talking.

Notice how you're the ONLY person on this board that I do this too? A lot of people think AROCES is out of his mind as well and throw him in the same boat as you. I don't and I respect him, because he at least comes to a considered judgment at times. Some things may be wacky but I at least know he doesn't just spew things out of his mouth like you do. Oh and if you're interested in my political views I'm a conservative. So naturally words matter to me. Obviously there are some things that you say that are true. However, I have no idea if you even understand why some things are true because of the bad sources you provide if any and your tendency to just say whatever the heck you want without thinking it through. This is why you have no right to call anyone ignorant. You are just as ignorant as the people that you call ignorant. Prove me wrong and I'll respect you. Come together with a coherent argument on a topic with credible sources and show that you have actually thought about it for a while instead of blurting out your first reactions. Read, think, reread, think, write, reread, rewrite. =)

Notice how I did not give my view on any policy. I disagree with the majority of policies that have been created recently. Nothing gives you the right to say someone is ignorant. The reason I took offense to this is because you are NO better than anyone who may be ignorant. At least they can create a coherent argument with actual evidence. I've been reading a lot of your posts and everything you say seems to be based more on opinion and speculation that fact. Opinion's have no place in politics. Yes, you are entitled to it, but tell it to your psychiatrist, we don't care. Come to a considered judgment instead. I would respect you if you could come to a considered judgment and back it up with more than some looney person talking.

Notice how you're the ONLY person on this board that I do this too? A lot of people think AROCES is out of his mind as well and throw him in the same boat as you. I don't and I respect him, because he at least comes to a considered judgment at times. Some things may be wacky but I at least know he doesn't just spew things out of his mouth like you do. Oh and if you're interested in my political views I'm a conservative. So naturally words matter to me. Obviously there are some things that you say that are true. However, I have no idea if you even understand why some things are true because of the bad sources you provide if any and your tendency to just say whatever the heck you want without thinking it through. This is why you have no right to call anyone ignorant. You are just as ignorant as the people that you call ignorant. Prove me wrong and I'll respect you. Come together with a coherent argument on a topic with credible sources and show that you have actually thought about it for a while instead of blurting out your first reactions. Read, think, reread, think, write, reread, rewrite. =)

So Ginger, do you think we are all equal? We have an equal vote, but that's where equality stops, and your opinion on this doesn't matter to me.

You want proof that you are wrong. OK, this is going to sting. If you think opinions have no place in politics, I have some news for you. Every single vote that is cast in an election is based on the voters personal opinion of his/her perception of the candidate. So how can you say opinions have no place in politics. That is absolutely absurd (IGNORANT). If you think votes are cast based on fact, again, that's an ignorant assumption considering all the lies in politics and the spinning of information.

Let's get one thing straight. I'm not looking for respect. Isn't it obvious!

So you respect Aroces. I see. Hey, I agree with him on things too.

No sources on the internet are absolutely credible because of the possibility of human error. What sources are you referring to? Are you talking about Glassman and my debate with Mattshark? If so, if you look at all of Glassman's sources and the evidence that he provides from others research, you will see he is on the ball.

It's funny how you don't offer much evidence but bash credibility just like Matt. What's up with that? You can't handle other's view point if it is different than yours. You know this is the definition of a Bigot. Hey, I'm a bigot.

Here is wiki's definition of a bigot.

"A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

The correct use of the term requires the elements of obstinacy, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing devotion."

Can you admit it?

I could also constantly bash people's credibility, but choose not to. I only do it when provoked by others who do.

I'd rather look at the data and try to figure out the data and interpret it for myself. If some turns out to be bogus, then I admit it and move on, but I won't admit it just to appease. I wait until I am satisfied. Ignorant people refuse to look at the data because they are unable to make their own interpretation so they choose to shoot the messenger and focus on credibility and not confirming and interpreting the data.

So, where do you fit?

Are you the one who seeks the root cause and effect, or do you focus on credibility when an opposing view arises? I don't know enough about you to make the call, but you know, so you answer for yourself.