Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate Judging

Saru

Thank-you PA, but as you have seen three new debates judges have just been appointed and it will be awhile before anymore are required. But saying that there will be a time when we require more judges so look out for it.

• 4 months later...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Loonboy

• BurnSide

• Falco Rex

A brief note:

It has come to my attention that some may be disapproving of our Judges judging a debate due to outside threads where opinions are different and don't want our judges involved in awarding points.

Please note the only people who have any say as to who judges these debates are the Debate Organisers who are myself and AztecInca and of course Saruman.

Our Judges are selected due to their blanced and un-biased approaches. Everyone has different views but on the debates board our judges are always balanced when awarding points.

Please do not even try to sway the judging this is cheating and can and will lead to points being deducted from your debate.

Thanks.

Edited by Lottie

Is it possible to get a list of the current debate judges, please? THe most recent above is far from accurate. Thank you.

Regards, PA

• 2 months later...

When scores are given at the end of debates, participants like to know the justification behind the score and we would ask all judges to just add some comments explaining the reasons behind their scores.

It does not have to be lengthy or in-depth, just a brief summary of what they did do well and what they did not do well and how that translates into their score after the application of the debating criteria.

If you have any questions about this please pm either myself or tiddlyjen. :tu: