Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lesbian mothers become first gay couple to

Still Waters

I was just about to say that same thing oddly enough, you beat me to it by a few minutes!

I don't see how anyone can see it at bad in the slightest. It just puzzles me. In fact their entire view point puzzles me (especially as I was raised in a single parent family, never knew or even met my father and happen to be bi). It seems alien being is a bit stubbon and set on old views.

The old ways work best.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alien Being

• shadowhive

• MissMelsWell

• zenfahr

The old ways work best.

How far back do you want to go? To the Nazis? To the time of slavery? Or to the good old days where, without modern medicine, you could die from childbirth or the regular flu?

My point is the old ways aren't always the best. The human race changes constantly. Things that applied thousands, even hundreds of years ago don't apply now. I find it sad that you still cling to ways that are vastly out of date.

You don't seem to understand this thing at all and I'm sorry for you that you're so closed minded you just see something that's apostive thing that doesn't even relate to you as something that's extremist and evil.

How far back do you want to go? To the Nazis? To the time of slavery? Or to the good old days where, without modern medicine, you could die from childbirth or the regular flu?

My point is the old ways aren't always the best. The human race changes constantly. Things that applied thousands, even hundreds of years ago don't apply now. I find it sad that you still cling to ways that are vastly out of date.

You don't seem to understand this thing at all and I'm sorry for you that you're so closed minded you just see something that's apostive thing that doesn't even relate to you as something that's extremist and evil.

No 20 years is fine.

I'm closed minded? It just so happens its the last 20 years that our society has become broken. Why do you think that is?

Liberalism doesnt work its to centred on the individual and not what benefits society as a whole. You may not see the prolbems with single parents, gay marriages, etc, etc but many of us can. The Governments over the last 20 years have created the broken society through these and other changes.

I'll also point out the current ideals and era of politics we are in wont last forever. When society reaches the point where its morals have completely gone out the window I predict the next Hitler or Napoleon will rise to power.

The old ways work best.

Work best for who? the women who had to be a subservient, barefoot, pregnant, house slave? Or was it the blacks, who had no vote or equal rights and had to live with segregation and poor pay (if any)? Seems to me that you would rather step on people’s rights, rather than promote freedom. Freedom being the reason why some of old ways do not work.

No 20 years is fine.

I'm closed minded? It just so happens its the last 20 years that our society has become broken. Why do you think that is?

Liberalism doesnt work its to centred on the individual and not what benefits society as a whole. You may not see the prolbems with single parents, gay marriages, etc, etc but many of us can. The Governments over the last 20 years have created the broken society through these and other changes.

I'll also point out the current ideals and era of politics we are in wont last forever. When society reaches the point where its morals have completely gone out the window I predict the next Hitler or Napoleon will rise to power.

Wow I was around 20 years ago as well, the only difference was that there were more closed minded people.

You say morals are going out the window? Since when is love and compassion unmoral? Alien have you ever MET a gay person? Not like passing them down the street, but acually sat down and talked to one? If you had you would realize that they are born that way. They do not choose to be gay. Think about that for a second. If it was a choice, why on earth would anyone make it? To be gay means you will be belittled, prejudged, shunned by family and the church. You would be in constant threat of your life, why because people like you would rather punch one in the nose instead. And whats funny is people like you think you are justified, like if a gay guy talks to you, he is automaticlly hitting on you, and you might just catch his gayness. Chances are, you have come in contact with many gay people without even knowing it, and you probally liked them.

The old ways work best.

Old ways? Hahaha, how old? I think you said something about 20 years ago? LOL. Did you completely blank out the 80s? ROTFLOL. You really want to go back THERE? OMG. hahahahahaha.

No 20 years is fine.

Yes you are closed minded. And considering I was three 20 years ago I don't see what you mean.

Of course I don't see the problem with single parents (as I said I was raised by one) or gay marriage. What exactly is the problem? You seem to think that love is immoral and evil. That's basically what you're saying.

Yeah, I bet you'd like there to be another Hitler right? You'd probably be all for it, just like you're all for a theocracy. That is until it tramples over someone you know or your own rights.

Edited by shadowhive

Oh yes awesone, just adopt a kid and ruin it's life :D

I'm sure that all the children in school will understand and not make fun of him/beat him up.

And surely she will grow up as a to a fine young girl whow ill be utterly afraid of men since she has never had a male rolemodel...

Seriously, nature chose a male/female couple for a reason..

Oh yes awesone, just adopt a kid and ruin it's life :D

I'm sure that all the children in school will understand and not make fun of him/beat him up.

And surely she will grow up as a to a fine young girl whow ill be utterly afraid of men since she has never had a male rolemodel...

Seriously, nature chose a male/female couple for a reason..

Again, not adopted.

Children will always find a reason to bully others.

She's sure to have male role models.

Edited by shadowhive

Again, not adopted.

Children will always find a reason to bully others.

She's sure to have male role models.

Yea, I've seen this mate.

I know one of these couples whos child has been in about 20 schools.

It's also a lesbian couple but with a boy child and the kid does not have a single friend, he actually has to go to a psychiatrist.

Then there's another one that's less bad but still their child hardly had friends and gets beaten up a lot.

And third my parents know of a couple whos kid hated them so much for being gay that once he was 18 he moved out and rather worked his ass off for a 1 room apartment then living with them.

I seriously doubt, that this is a coincidence....

I'm fine with gay's but keep of the damn children.

Yea, I've seen this mate.

I know one of these couples whos child has been in about 20 schools.

It's also a lesbian couple but with a boy child and the kid does not have a single friend, he actually has to go to a psychiatrist.

Then there's another one that's less bad but still their child hardly had friends and gets beaten up a lot.

And third my parents know of a couple whos kid hated them so much for being gay that once he was 18 he moved out and rather worked his ass off for a 1 room apartment then living with them.

I seriously doubt, that this is a coincidence....

I'm fine with gay's but keep of the damn children.

That is all to do with mean children (probably getting the ideas from narrow minded parents.

Still doesn't mean gay people shouldn't be allowed to be parents. Even the last one doesn't prove anything (how many teenagers hate their parents at one point or another? Pretty much all of them).

That is all to do with mean children (probably getting the ideas from narrow minded parents.

Still doesn't mean gay people shouldn't be allowed to be parents. Even the last one doesn't prove anything (how many teenagers hate their parents at one point or another? Pretty much all of them).

Funny that you call it narrow minded.

I think that it's quite logical that gay people can't have kids.

To have kids you need to have a penis and a vagina who come together and make a baby.

What these people do (even when they don't adopt) is pretty much the same as divorce and remarrying.

Selfish, immature and NOT good for the child.

Funny that you call it narrow minded.

I think that it's quite logical that gay people can't have kids.

To have kids you need to have a penis and a vagina who come together and make a baby.

What these people do (even when they don't adopt) is pretty much the same as divorce and remarrying.

Selfish, immature and NOT good for the child.

There's plenty of straight couples that have completely screwed up their childen. So by that logic you'd rather a child be bought up by abusive parents that could kill the child rather then a gay couple who would love it instead?

I've known people whoever seen their parents divorce and it hasn't really effected them negatively.

Unbelievable... I mean really.

Geeze, I'm middle-aged and had friends that came from households with same sex parents! Why didn't they have these problems? Oh ya, maybe that's because I was raised in an ultra-liberal area of the USA where per capita people are the most educated in North America, and are financially well set. I think it's a lack of education, fear, and narrow mindedness create the problem.

Heck, I babysat a little boy in the early 80s whose father was a single and gay parent (he adopted him at age 6, after having him as a foster son). Lovely man, and his son turned out to be just as lovely AFTER his gay father gave that him the love, structure, and support he needed to recover from the abuse and neglect his biological hetro parents put him through. Guess what? He even grew up to be straight! Married, with two precious little girls of his own, and those little girls sure love their g-pa-pa!! Wow! Who'd-a-thunk it?!

That man was my 5th grade teacher, his son is in his 30s now and I still hear from both of them occasionally. Just love them and think what they did was amazing.

There's plenty of straight couples that have completely screwed up their childen. So by that logic you'd rather a child be bought up by abusive parents that could kill the child rather then a gay couple who would love it instead?

I've known people whoever seen their parents divorce and it hasn't really effected them negatively.

And i know people who killed them selves afterwards.

You really can't deny that a stable straight couple is the best parenting duo.

Geeze, I'm middle-aged and had friends that came from households with same sex parents! Why didn't they have these problems? Oh ya, maybe that's because I was raised in an ultra-liberal area of the USA where per capita people are the most educated in North America, and are financially well set. I think it's a lack of education, fear, and narrow mindedness create the problem.

Heck, I babysat a little boy in the early 80s whose father was a single and gay parent (he adopted him at age 6, after having him as a foster son). Lovely man, and his son turned out to be just as lovely AFTER his gay father gave that him the love, structure, and support he needed to recover from the abuse and neglect his biological hetro parents put him through. Guess what? He even grew up to be straight! Married, with two precious little girls of his own, and those little girls sure love their g-pa-pa!! Wow! Who'd-a-thunk it?!

That man was my 5th grade teacher, his son is in his 30s now and I still hear from both of them occasionally. Just love them and think what they did was amazing.

First, calm down and talk like a normal adult, I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just expressing my views and experiences. So please stop being cool with your sarcasm.

Secondly I never said that the people turn gay if their parents are, rather the opposite, a lot of them turn to hate gays.

Thirdly a rich community is not a guarantee for understanding plus even if it would be not everyone can afford it even if it ;) Hence that argument falls off.

Forth, A single gay parent imo is better then a married one since the kid doesn't get confused as much with awkward occasions as to having to tell that he has two dads. Altho I don't get what he adopted a kid for I find it less crazy then the other cases.

To avoid misconceptions, a gay couple can be a good parenting duo but it, like a pc without a keyboard, misses something.

And the main problem is that 98% of the population lives in such places where it is NOT ok to have gay parents.

If you live in a rich neighbourhood then ok, glad for you, just like there are places where nazis get tolerated there are places where gays are tolerated. BUT that does not mean that it's ok all over the world now.

*forehead smack*

I'd laugh if your position wasn't so darn.... sad.

Wow..thats a good comeback! :o

Damn you owned me..no..I'm speechless ._.

Sorry man I withdraw my comments ..totally D:

I think that's a great story:)

A stable gay couple is just as good as a stable straight one as far as raising children goes.

Edited by shadowhive

I think that's a great story:)

A stable gay couple is just as good as a stable straight one as far as raising children goes.

So explain the beatings please?

So explain the beatings please?

The beatings are caused by children, which as I've said can be cruel anyway. They'll pick on you if you're fat, thin, smart, stupid, anything. It's not the parents fault.

Kids get beat up at school all the time I guess. It's because their parents teach them that anything less than what they consider to be normal is WRONG. So, these little cretins go out and carry out the ideas their parents plant in their heads. Which is to be complete asses.

Kids who are raised to understand that everyone is equal, that there are good ways to settle differences that don't involve fists, and learn that it's none of their business whether Johnny has two daddies or not BEFORE they get into school... typically don't beat kids up.

It's your kids that are beating Johnny up because he has two dad's... Not my kid. MY kid doesn't care if Johnny has two dads.

I love how alien totally ignored ,all my kick ass points on page 5, that defeated all of his puny arguments to begin with, well they weren't even arguements just lousy bigot statements.

I love how alien totally ignored ,all my kick ass points on page 5, that defeated all of his puny arguments to begin with, well they weren't even arguements just lousy bigot statements.

They also ignored just whose kids were beating up these poor unfortunate children of gay parents. Sure wasn't any kid of mine who was taught to respect all people regardless of what kind of family they come from. Not from my kid who was taught there's nothing wrong with same-sex parents. Not from this mom whose parents taught her that there's nothing wrong with homosexual parents or people. This mom doesn't want to see anyone hurt, shunned or treated like garbage.

Thank god it's not me or MY kid... so whose kid is it who's being a numbskull, drooling bully? Hmmmmmm..... I can only guess.

"It's natural" arguments should have no bearing on the making of human laws. And besides, when a woman comes out as a lesbian she doesn't trade in her maternal instincts. The same goes for gay men and their paternal instincts.

Most Americans have accepted the future where same-sex couples raising children is a common way of life, but when will all the 50 states and territories allow same-sex "mother" and "father" desginations to be legal on the birth certificates? The obvious part of two women without an unnamed male bio-parent doesn't need further explanation, and the UK is again an endevaour on gay rights in the world.