Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Lesbian mothers become first gay couple to

125 posts in this topic

Sthenno

Why does this have to be part of any wider political agenda?

Any legislation that allows a loving couple to become parents without barriers based on their sexuality is OK by me, whatever the political motivations for such a move may be.

Alien Being

I find it ironic that you say that, yet believe in a passage from a book 2000 years old (and want the country to be a theocracy).

Whys it ironic?

You dont believe in religion because of clockwork mechanics. Afterall if we are just machines you have no soul.

Quantum Mechanics however says all matter is eleven dimensional so when you start to ask what this means about people it raises the possibility what is seen as a soul is the other dimensions. With parallel universes it also means the Bible could be true to the letter and non locality offers a way for God to interact with the universe.

I am all for a Theocracy as it will sort out our borken society. It will also stamp out all forms of moral corruption which seems to have taken hold throughout Western Society with so called Liberal ideals.

Edited by Alien Being

Alien Being

Why does this have to be part of any wider political agenda?

Any legislation that allows a loving couple to become parents without barriers based on their sexuality is OK by me, whatever the political motivations for such a move may be.

Do religious people have the right to think homosexuality is evil and immoral?

zenfahr

Religious people have as much right to think what they want, just as non religious people.

A Theocracy huh? Well according to my religion, homosexuality is the business of the person or people involved. Not for me to judge them. So lets go with my religion!! :tu:

and you mention all forms of moral corruption to be stamped out.... like what?

Sthenno

Do religious people have the right to think homosexuality is evil and immoral?

What's that got to do with anything? We're talking about people's legal right to have a child together.

Alien Being

What's that got to do with anything? We're talking about people's legal right to have a child together.

along with religious peoples rights to oppose it.

Alien Being

Religious people have as much right to think what they want, just as non religious people.

A Theocracy huh? Well according to my religion, homosexuality is the business of the person or people involved. Not for me to judge them. So lets go with my religion!! :tu:

and you mention all forms of moral corruption to be stamped out.... like what?

An idealist society would be constructed as opposed to the dysfunctional one we live in at the moment.

That means everything from murder to homosexuality to b****ing is stamped out with a zero tolerance policy. Sod it we all ready have one in Iran but its going to get destroyed soon because those extremist Muslims are a terrorist threat to us and want to wipe Israel out. Dam shame.

shadowhive

Whys it ironic?

You dont believe in religion because of clockwork mechanics. Afterall if we are just machines you have no soul.

Quantum Mechanics however says all matter is eleven dimensional so when you start to ask what this means about people it raises the possibility what is seen as a soul is the other dimensions. With parallel universes it also means the Bible could be true to the letter and non locality offers a way for God to interact with the universe.

I am all for a Theocracy as it will sort out our borken society. It will also stamp out all forms of moral corruption which seems to have taken hold throughout Western Society with so called Liberal ideals.

Naturally, you assume I don't believe in a higher power or anything. Well I think there is one, and I also think that we all have souls and aren't machines.

However, I do think that the idea of god is skewed. The text of any religion that claims to be written by god are wrong. Books are written by man, as such they have the thoughts of those men, their beliefs, their prejudices. My belief in a higher power is that it created the entire universe (and all it's associated paralells) which means that said higher power created a place of infinite size. When you look at the universe as a whole the human race doesn't even register. The whole planet doesn't. The whole solar system.

I find it extraordinarily arrogant and that, out of all the universe, said higher power would decide to pay any special attention to one tiny, insignificant planet that just happens to have life on it.

If, however, god did exist and paid even the slightest bit of attention to us do you know what I think? That it would be ashamed of everything that has been done in it's name. All the wars, bloodshed, needless and senseless death.

You say a theocracy would stammp out moral corruption. How? By locking everyone up that disagrees with what you think? Or executing them? Yeah, I'm sure your god would approve of that.

The only time when homosexuality is wrong is when it's either rape or paedophilia. In general, it is harmless to you. If, however, you don't like that, I suggest that you create a time machine and go back to when your views were more widely accepted.

shadowhive

An idealist society would be constructed as opposed to the dysfunctional one we live in at the moment.

That means everything from murder to homosexuality to b****ing is stamped out with a zero tolerance policy. Sod it we all ready have one in Iran but its going to get destroyed soon because those extremist Muslims are a terrorist threat to us and want to wipe Israel out. Dam shame.

Homsexuality is nowhere near at the same level as murder, yet you want it treated the same?

Let me ask you something. If someone you knew, a friend, a relative, someone at work, told you they were gay you'd what? Instantly cut them out of your life and yell from the rooftops that they should be killed?

Sthenno

along with religious peoples rights to oppose it.

No one has the right to oppose it. They have the right to disagree with it, as much as anyone has the right to an opinion, but not to actively oppose it. We live in an effectively secular state, and religion has no business in our laws. I find the idea of any religion interfering with family life abhorrent.

Saru

Indeed as Paranormalcy stated earlier can we avoid having this turned in to a religious debate, for those looking to discuss this topic from a religious perspective please use the spirituality sections of the forums.

Alien Being

Homsexuality is nowhere near at the same level as murder, yet you want it treated the same?

Let me ask you something. If someone you knew, a friend, a relative, someone at work, told you they were gay you'd what? Instantly cut them out of your life and yell from the rooftops that they should be killed?

No if I stood on the rooftop shouting they should be killed that could be classed as inciting people to commit murder which is illegal.

I would shun them instead.

As for the lesbo couple I think the parents that give the kid up for adoption have a right to know if there is a possibility their kid could end up with a gay couple. As for the child only children old enough to state they dont mind should be placed with them. Imagine the horror of a two year old when they realise at about 8 years old that they have gay parents. It might not go down well.

Edited by Alien Being

shadowhive

No if I stood on the rooftop shouting they should be killed that could be classed as inciting people to commit murder which is illegal.

As for the lesbo couple I think the parents that give the kid up for adoption have a right to know if there is a possibility their kid could end up with a gay couple. As for the child only children old enough to state they dont mind should be placed with them. Imagine the horror of a two year old when they realise at about 8 years old that they have gay parents. It might not go down well.

That's just as crazy to me. It doesn't change who they are at all. It's just a part of who they are.

Then you've misrread the article. They've not adopted, one of them is the parent of the child. How exactly would it not go down well?

grither

There are some disgusting bigots in this thread. Someone's sexuality is their business and their business alone.

MissMelsWell

why do they even need two people on the birth certificate anyway?

Where I live... they don't... my daughters "father" is this mysterious personality called "N/A"

I do think our younsters should be protected from the influences of homosexuals and lesbians.

If they're adults and make that choice then thats one thing but the danger is a gay couple may force their way of life and opinions onto the child leading to psychological and spiritual damage.

Being brought up by two men or women is not a normal family environment. If both your parents are female how do you learn the skills to enable decent productive friendly relations with men? What about other things the child usually picks up from the fathers like confidence? I'm sorry but this just has dysfunctional written all over it.

And being brought up as a biggoted mysogynist IS normal? LOL. Not in my family it wasn't. And children who live in a home without a father have other influences that do JUST as well. My adult daughter is proof of that.

I'm not a homophobe as its not a fear of homosexuals I have.

I'm not sexist either as everybody knows women allow 'how they feel' to influence their choices and how they behave. You dont believe me then go find a moody woman and see what reaction you get if you ask her something. When they feel moody their morals go out the window which is a very good reason why women should never be allowed to become managers or hold any power.

You are SO lucky I'm not your boss. LOL. But I'm sure you don't have the skills, dedication, education, or stamina to work for me or my company. Cupcake, I'll go toe to toe with you managing a group of people any day--I'd wipe the floor with you before you even knew what happened. Heh. "How I feel" has NOTHING to do with the decisions I make at work. I make my decisions the same way all my peers at work make them... male and female.

puridalan

I hope everything in the future goes smoothly, anywho great news!

To the other person homosexual parents can raise their children just as well if not better than any other dam heterosexual couple. Why because I know a couple that have a child, and their child is a bright A student...so that is utter bs saying you need both a mother and a father.

Because you can easily state the arugment that a single parent for whatever reason, isn't good enough for the child and there have been many good single parents who have done an excellent job. Then you also have the horrid arguement of the kid turning out gay themselves, which is stupid. Because it has been shown that just because you have two gay parents doesn't mean you turn out gay. The child of theirs I mentioned is straight as can be, so also a lie. You can easily have a gay child of two straight parents. All of those arguements are beyond weak.

It has to do with good parenting, not what sex you are. I do not care if you say you aren't homophobic/sexist, but what you are saying proves otherwise and if not solely that then very close minded and rather idiotic and non logical in your thinking.

Edited by puridalan

Michelle

You are SO lucky I'm not your boss. LOL. But I'm sure you don't have the skills, dedication, education, or stamina to work for me or my company. Cupcake, I'll go toe to toe with you managing a group of people any day--I'd wipe the floor with you before you even knew what happened. Heh. "How I feel" has NOTHING to do with the decisions I make at work. I make my decisions the same way all my peers at work make them... male and female.

As would my sister wipe the floor with him. She won a two million dollar discrimination lawsuit from the company she saved from bankruptcy. People are still calling her to come and work for them even though she has retired.

Sweet justice....

Paranormalcy

Okay okay this is not about other posters here, this is about the topic at hand, please stick to the subject.

Alien Being

How old are you?

Do you remember what society was like before all the Liberal Extrenmist nonsense started?

If you dont then let me explain those of us that are older have seen society change. We have seen the moral standards go into freefall. Thats why there is such opposition to what the Liberal Extremists are doing. I dont expect a younster to realsie whats happened to their state as they have no knoweldge of what their countries were like before.

Mattshark

How old are you?

Do you remember what society was like before all the Liberal Extrenmist nonsense started?

If you dont then let me explain those of us that are older have seen society change. We have seen the moral standards go into freefall. Thats why there is such opposition to what the Liberal Extremists are doing. I dont expect a younster to realsie whats happened to their state as they have no knoweldge of what their countries were like before.

Where did you get these ideals from? 1940's Germany?

MissMelsWell

How old are you?

That's so sweet you think I'm young! Made my morning, really. I'm certain I wrote in my post that I have adult children. I can't be THAT young. LOL.

Alien Being

That's so sweet you think I'm young! Made my morning, really. I'm certain I wrote in my post that I have adult children. I can't be THAT young. LOL.

Ok I'm not a great admirer of immigrants, I can just about cope with single parents but homosexuals living together and adopting children is just going to far for me.

I've stated my opinion that this is just too extremist for me now I'm off to the other debates.

MissMelsWell

Ok I'm not a great admirer of immigrants, I can just about cope with single parents but homosexuals living together and adopting children is just going to far for me.

I've stated my opinion that this is just too extremist for me now I'm off to the other debates.

LOL, you still haven't read the article have you? They didn't adopt a child. The younger of the two women gave BIRTH to the baby. It's her biological child. The birth certificate has two lines, both say "parent" under them. The birth mother's partners name was placed on the other "parent" line. What does this mean? It means that if the two women ever split up, BOTH women would be legally and financially responsible for the childs needs until 18 years old.

How's that bad?

Edited by MissMelsWell

shadowhive

LOL, you still haven't read the article have you? They didn't adopt a child. The younger of the two women gave BIRTH to the baby. It's her biological child. The birth certificate has two lines, both say "parent" under them. The birth mother's partners name was placed on the other "parent" line. What does this mean? It means that if the two women ever split up, BOTH women would be legally and financially responsible for the childs needs until 18 years old.

How's that bad?

I was just about to say that same thing oddly enough, you beat me to it by a few minutes!

I don't see how anyone can see it at bad in the slightest. It just puzzles me. In fact their entire view point puzzles me (especially as I was raised in a single parent family, never knew or even met my father and happen to be bi). It seems alien being is a bit stubbon and set on old views.

zenfahr

Alien, a person who is putting their child up for adoption get NO choice who get to raise the child. If they have a concern, they should raise it themselves. But they are giving up that right. If two loving people want to raise the child then they should be allowed. Or what, lets put them in foster care with fifty other unwanted kids.