Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico

Siara

National take over of the oil industry. What else?

How about... it's an emergency in which we need a lot of highly intelligent, disciplined people in excellent physical condition to work in a very coordinated manner? SWAT teams are there to access the problem.

What would you prefer? To have the government not pitch in at all? Maybe the locals in your militias could use some of the ammo they've got stashed away to shoot at the oil slick...? I'm sorry to be bitter about this, preacherman but... in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now it's being wrecked. The people who pushed for economy over ecology bear more blame than the rest of us. We have a better chance of not repeating the mistake if we look honestly at it's cause.

Edited by Siara

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Siara

• J.B.

• Agent X

• joshsluss

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's SWAT teams they need, though. I mean, I know SWAT teams are trained to handle explosions so. . . oops. I retract my statement. They're being sent because they'd know how to handle explosion damage and how to work around that/how to prevent future explosions.

Not sure if it's SWAT teams they need, though. I mean, I know SWAT teams are trained to handle explosions so. . . oops. I retract my statement. They're being sent because they'd know how to handle explosion damage and how to work around that/how to prevent future explosions.

I bet you're right about that. Good thinking.

The oil is escaping much faster than it was supposed to. This means abrasive particles in the oil are battering the pipes (which weren't intended to sustain this level of abrasion). The pipes are being eaten away. I read that they're worried about the "main head blowing", whatever that means. It sounds like an explosion.

Edited by Siara

How about... it's an emergency in which we need a lot of highly intelligent, disciplined people in excellent physical condition to work in a very coordinated manner? SWAT teams are there to access the problem.

MM Siara, you know I love you dearly, so Im going to be as gentle as possible here. A SWAT team, is not a team of experts trained to deal with oil spills. A SWAT team is meant for one thing, to forcfully take over____ (fill in the blank). If he was sending a team of experts then thats what they would say.

What would you prefer? To have the government not pitch in at all? Maybe the locals in your militias could use some of the ammo they've got stashed away to shoot at the oil slick...? I'm sorry to be bitter about this, preacherman but... in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now it's being wrecked. The people who pushed for economy over ecology bear more blame than the rest of us.

I would have perfered for them to step in day one, not 6 days later after X amount of oil was spilt. I would have perfered they set fire to the oil day one. But thats not what happened here, and it was more than intentional. Now they can take over the oil industry in the gulf, and back peddle on any drilling 0bama lied about a few weeks ago. Im asking you to honestly think here Siara. How is it we had no government responce till it became a full blown disaster?

MM Siara, you know I love you dearly, so Im going to be as gentle as possible here. A SWAT team, is not a team of experts trained to deal with oil spills. A SWAT team is meant for one thing, to forcfully take over____ (fill in the blank). If he was sending a team of experts then thats what they would say.

I SWAT team is a team that's trained in the use of Special Weapons And Tactics. Like explosion situations.

I SWAT team is a team that's trained in the use of Special Weapons And Tactics. Like explosion situations.

That said, SWAT alone wouldn't be enough to handle this, unless they've got engineers shoreside feeding them instructions. Possible, but still. . . better to have Oil rig engineers who know what they're doing going into this too.

Now they can take over the oil industry in the gulf, and back peddle on any drilling 0bama lied about a few weeks ago. Im asking you to honestly think here Siara. How is it we had no government responce till it became a full blown disaster?

No preacherman. The lefties don't want control of the oil industry. They want alternative energy. Sorry.

No preacherman. The lefties don't want control of the oil industry. They want alternative energy. Sorry.

Um. . . duh? What better way to force an alternative than to take over the oil industry so that when a viable option comes up, they can force it onto their former enemies? Not that I'm saying this is what they're doing, but I can completely see the logic he's using, and it'd be good logic if the Left wanted to force more things through.

That said, SWAT alone wouldn't be enough to handle this, unless they've got engineers shoreside feeding them instructions. Possible, but still. . . better to have Oil rig engineers who know what they're doing going into this too.

They're talking about using the military (because of physically fitness, intelligence, and discipline factors-- our troops truly are great people).

They're talking about using the military (because of physically fitness, intelligence, and discipline factors-- our troops truly are great people).

I have friends in the military. I agree with the sentiment. They'll at least need blueprints and an understanding of what they're seeing.

Um. . . duh? What better way to force an alternative than to take over the oil industry so that when a viable option comes up, they can force it onto their former enemies? Not that I'm saying this is what they're doing, but I can completely see the logic he's using, and it'd be good logic if the Left wanted to force more things through.

You've forgotten the fact that lefties are serious ecologists. There's no way any left winger would do this. The mere suggestion of that is absurd.

I think I'm dropping out of this discussion. It will be interesting to see what happens. The states who spearheaded the policies that led to this are the ones which are going to take the brunt of the disaster on a human level so... that makes sense in a sad way...

Still in the left right thing hu? 0bama isnt a lefty, he is a bank employee.

You've forgotten the fact that lefties are serious ecologists. There's no way any left winger would do this. The mere suggestion of that is absurd.

I think I'm dropping out of this discussion. It will be interesting to see what happens. The states who spearheaded the policies that led to this are the ones which are going to take the brunt of the disaster on a human level so... that makes sense in a sad way...

Not really. Not all the supposed Lefters are above this. I'm sure of that much.

Really? Then why block nearly ever attempt to build wind mills?

Really? Then why block nearly ever attempt to build wind mills?

Because wind mills have their own environmental concerns as well, honestly. Windmills are huge frickin' structures built so high they can mess with birds. The energy crew wants to have their cake and eat it too. . . alternate energy with minimal impact on nature. Which, of course, you have to overlook the fact that any energy we ever get has to come from nature in some way, so we can't do anything with energy without harming something. Even if it's just digging a hole to put a powerbox in the ground, and the wires for the houses. Which, of course, messes with mkoles, worms, and everything else that creeps around down there.

Edited by J.B.

Because wind mills have their own environmental concerns as well, honestly. Windmills are huge frickin' structures built so high they can mess with birds. The energy crew wants to have their cake and eat it too. . . alternate energy with minimal impact on nature. Which, of course, you have to overlook the fact that any energy we ever get, has to come from nature in some way, so we can't do anything with energy without harming something. Even if it's just digging a hole to put a powerbox in the ground, and the wires for the houses. Which, of course, messes with mkoles, worms, and everything else that creeps around down there.

No doubt, but if one is really for alternative energy, wouldnt you have to think with some common sence? I mean we can produce electricity with out burning anything, surely that should out weigh what ever side effects that would come from wind mills. Its not like we have a technology where all this can be avoided (that we know about). I just think if they want to be taken seriously then they have to meet half way, and use some common sence.

No doubt, but if one is really for alternative energy, wouldnt you have to think with some common sence? I mean we can produce electricity with out burning anything, surely that should out weigh what ever side effects that would come from wind mills. Its not like we have a technology where all this can be avoided (that we know about). I just think if they want to be taken seriously then they have to meet half way, and use some common sence.

The trick is minimizing the impact we have, something that gasoline has not done. I've already talked about this in a different thread, about a way to make crude gas using special bacteria.

Hmm, I just read that Halliburton contractors finished work just prior to the spill.

Is that run partially by that Dick Cheney?

Personally, I'd like to know why the hell this topic is buried in the U.S. forum......as if it's a U.S. problem....when the country that's responsible for the disaster is on the other side of the ocean...........

And...that country....doesn't seem to want any part of it. Let the U.S. handle it. NO probs!

Personally, I'd like to know why the hell this topic is buried in the U.S. forum......as if it's a U.S. problem....when the country that's responsible for the disaster is on the other side of the ocean...........

And...that country....doesn't seem to want any part of it. Let the U.S. handle it. NO probs!

Who the hell are you talking about?

Exactly!!!!

Also why the hell should conservatives have to listen up????

Many have labeled conservatives as vampires who suck on the life force of mother nature.

Conservatives ... Conservation ... I know many republicans who are all about protecting the earth!!!

Time to stop that crap!!!! If you ask me, the fact that Obama just agreed to open up off shore drilling and this happens ... a little "fishy" to me!!!!

I'd love to see the development of technology of nano bots that could absorb the oil and bring it back for healthy storage. Thinbk about it., You could save the environment and the oil at the same time.

Exactly!!!!

Also why the hell should conservatives have to listen up????

Many have labeled conservatives as vampires who suck on the life force of mother nature.

Conservatives ... Conservation ... I know many republicans who are all about protecting the earth!!!

Time to stop that crap!!!! If you ask me, the fact that Obama just agreed to open up off shore drilling and this happens ... a little "fishy" to me!!!!

I was asking him who this overseas reposnisble party was, not about the Conservatives.

You can't be this ignorant............seriously........

The company who is responsible for this is British Petroleum, based out of Westminster, London. And so far, I have yet to hear about the UK even lifting a single finger to help out in this mess.

But......of course.....Obama decides that it's our problem now....we're at fault......therefore it's going to take even more American taxpayer dollars to deal with something we shouldn't have to deal with in the first place.

And what's even more outrageous than that is the fact that BP issued a statement saying that "they'd allow U.S. military help" in dealing with the oil problem.

Let's put this in layman's terms here...........

It would be like me p***ing all over my neighbor's lawn, and then having the audacity to demand that they clean it up.

Actually I can be that ignorant, seeing as I don't drive, and I never even knew what BP stood for. I would have no reason to til you just said it, actually.

Edited by J.B.