Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arizona Governor signs Immigration Bill

Perdition

for the 900th time, because this law specifically allows that they can stop ANYONE for any reason AND provides penalties for law enforcement not doing racial profiling.

no true. and you can't count that high or you can't count period because there are that many posts. So keep on lying for YOUR 901th time.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astute One

• ninjadude

• Perdition

• J.B.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is our NATIONAL language, and our form of English is part of our national heritage/identity. You really can't be American without using the language.

Really?! Where is that in the constitution or law? Thought not. And completely BS. There are millions of immigrant American citizens who can't speak a word of english.You seem to forget that people born in the US are citizens as much as you don't want it.

Edited by ninjadude

not in the entire history of the US has the inability to speak english a just cause for asking for one's papers! It is against the law.

but it is now. The USA hasn't been invaded with 20 million illegal immigrants before either turtle.

Sure but so do the LEGAL citizens.

Those countries are not the US. Our laws and history are quite different.

So what? I know Mexicans who are black and I know black Americans. You are trying to make a race issue of a non-race issue. Are you reading from your liberal playbook? I thought so. What's next? STM, or calling Al Sharpton or the ACLU?

you do not have to carry your papers to walk down the street.

Actually, I carry my passport everywhere I go. I don't have a problem with it. It works for me and there is no doubt where I am from.

Really?! Where is that in the constitution or law? Thought not. And completely BS. There are millions of immigrant American citizens who can't speak a word of english.You seem to forget that people born in the US are citizens as much as you don't want it.

Yes and it was a mistake giving them citizenship when they obviously can not read our laws to understand them. It is also appalling to give non english speaking americans a drivers license when they don't have the ability to read street signs. It's just plain STUPID. Thanks irresponbile liberals. You have endangered all of us. I wish I could send a few hundred thousand to turtles home town and let him deal with the uninsured, illiterates who drive illegal, unsafe, mexican automobiles, import illegal drugs to push on his children, and have absolutely no respect for Americans.

Edited by Astute One

Huh?

Apparently you can now move to white bigoted racist economically challenged Arizona and be happy now.

Apparently you can now move to white bigoted racist economically challenged Arizona and be happy now.

It's a little extreme to go calling an entire state racist(the correct term is prejudice though since it's not Hispanic's the state is tired of, but illegal immigrants) when all they're doing is enforcing a federal law the federal government has essentially refused to enforce themselves.

There's no need to continue worrying and screaming "racist" anymore either. The law has been changed to where a cop can only ask to see proof of legal residence if the suspect has already been stopped for another crime. So the big bad Arizona police force won't be raiding every house with a brown-skinned resident and hauling them away to prison.

You assume only the whites in Arizona are in favor of the law.

Who is a bigot now?

not in the entire history of the US has the inability to speak english a just cause for asking for one's papers! It is against the law.

In fact, that is Federal Law today, and has been for quite some time.

All immigrants are required by Federal law to have their documentation on them AT ALL TIMES.

Speaking English is a requirement for citizenship.

A person that cannot speak English then obviously can be considered an immigrant and not a naturalized citizen.

There is no "requirement" of "just cause" that must be met for officials to ask to see your documentation for anything at all that the law requires.

Thus, it is perfectly legal for law enforcement to set up roadblocks checking that drivers have licenses (and proof of insurance in states where insurance is required,) and it is perfectly legal for law enforcement to ask for proof that you are complying with other laws when, as in not speaking English, you have shown evidence that you are not a citizen.

Harte

Thus, it is perfectly legal for law enforcement to set up roadblocks checking that drivers have licenses (and proof of insurance in states where insurance is required,) and it is perfectly legal for law enforcement to ask for proof that you are complying with other laws when, as in not speaking English, you have shown evidence that you are not a citizen.

Harte

All of what you said is true, but you do not have to speak English to get a green card, which can be good for up to ten years. The green card is also supposed to be kept on you at all times.

All of what you said is true, but you do not have to speak English to get a green card, which can be good for up to ten years. The green card is also supposed to be kept on you at all times.

Yes, and authorities have the right to request to see it at any time.

Harte

You surely seemed to be devoted to your opinion and you surely are showing obstinacy, irrationality, and animosity towards those in Arizona who have a differing opinion than you do turtle.

Do you know the definition of a bigot? Yes, you do. We have discussed this before and I said, I am a bigot by definition, and you said, "being a bigot is nothing to be proud of."

But you seem to be proud of it by flaunting it to all us here on this thread?

Here is the definition again just in case it escapes you AGAIN.

from wiki:

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. The correct use of the term requires the elements of obstinacy, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing opinion.

All immigrants are required by Federal law to have their documentation on them AT ALL TIMES.

But not citizens. How do you tell the difference?

, as in not speaking English, you have shown evidence that you are not a citizen.

no. You can be born here and not speak English. Millions don't.

no. You can be born here and not speak English. Millions don't.

I said it was evidence, not proof.

And many Mexican citizens can also speak English. What's your point?

What I said is still true.

Harte

Partner it's not just white people that are bigots nor is it just white people that are racists (although I think you are using the wrong word there). Ignorant people don't come color coded.......

I said it was evidence, not proof.

so you're ok with arresting people knowingly based on incorrect evidence.

If any of you thought Mexico is the only nation known to demographically populated the USA, you're so wrong. Check out the link to a few known French Canadian communities known as "Little Canada".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Canadas -ethnic French Canadian communities in the US.

About 1 million ethnic French or "Francophone" Canadian descendants live in the USA, a great many live in our northern border states (esp. Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont) and have moved farther south for over 2 centuries.

You don't really hear about French Canadian settlement in the USA, due to the PC liberal news media can't find anything controversial to boost about them "Canucks" and "Quebeckers" except they may speak a foreign language at home, have a different culture brought over Quebec like any ethnic community (Hispanics are ethnic not racial group anyway) and claimed they too endured nativist prejudice or negative, yet comical stereotypes.

Edited by Archangel Michael

so you're ok with arresting people knowingly based on incorrect evidence.

They don't arrest someone for not speaking English. They would ask to see someones I.D. or green card or something if they suspected a person was illegal(such as not being able to speak English). Only if they failed to have any identification to prove they were here legally(as a tourist or in the process of becoming a citizen), would they be arrested.

That argument is moot anyway though since, as has been said before, police officers no longer have the authority to question random people about immigration status unless they've committed another crime that has caused police to confront them.