Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Last photographs of Einstein's desk released

UM-Bot

Pictures of Albert Einstein's Princeton desk only a few hours after he died have been shown for the first time. The working conditions of a genius, the pictures show Einstein's desk complete with piles of notes, books and papers with his pipe and inkwell perched on top. In the background his blackboard shows figures and equations he'd been working on.

"Albert Einstein, the genius physicist whose theories changed our ideas of how the universe works, died 55 years ago, on April 18, 1955, of heart failure. He was 76. His funeral and cremation were intensely private affairs, and only one photographer managed to capture the events of that extraordinary day: LIFE magazine's Ralph Morse. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Life.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Belial

• pallidin

• mouse888

• Cristina1

Top Posters In This Topic

Einstein was a brilliant person and it is a shame that his mind has gone to waste but I doubt that anyone would want to see the photos of his last day cause it would be kinda depressing...

I read somewhere that his brain was 30% bigger than normal or something, thus accounting for his powers, anyone?

I read somewhere that his brain was 30% bigger than normal or something, thus accounting for his powers, anyone?

actually it was slightly smaller than average (in mass). he did however have an abnormal sylvian fissure and an abundance of glial cells. the absence of a deep sylvian fissure could have facilitated interhemispheric transmission of brain signals, and glial cells are thought to nourish surrounding neurons. his brain was more like a compact, well oiled machine. very interesting, actually. :yes:

and on topic, i like how einstein had such a cluttered desk. arranging stuff is such a waste of time. speaking of einstein and time.... B) its all relative i guess.

Yeah that was it :rolleyes:

BTT indeed, that room looks like my desk at work ;)

He once said; If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what then is an empty desk a sign? -Albi

:rofl:

That picture of his desk is great.

Professional disorganization from someone that is not OCD.

Serious science has it's debris field.

that's a myth, although part of his brain was more active than in an average person.