Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Noah's Ark' remains discovered 12,000ft up a

Still Waters

Fair points but what about the alleged carbon date age of 2800bc? The building of the pyramids at this time show that the flood couldn't have happened (in this era at least) as they would be impossible to build under 12,000 ft of water. plus, everyone would have drowned so there would be no one left to build them. (Which brings us to the aliens built the pyramids rubbish). Also, there is the evidence presented by Tiggs in the post below mine.

Besides, the Egyptians weren't the only culture around at the time.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• voiceofreason

• Professor Buzzkill

• Astute One

• Watchers

Besides, the Egyptians weren't the only culture around at the time.

Indeed.

It's fake. I ran across an article that states locals placed timber in an ice cave as a hoax. Then when the chinese took the bait, they planted even more wood that they took from a site many miles away. The straw photos were not even taken at the ice cave. It's all a scam.

It's fake. I ran across an article that states locals placed timber in an ice cave as a hoax. Then when the chinese took the bait, they planted even more wood that they took from a site many miles away. The straw photos were not even taken at the ice cave. It's all a scam.

Can you post a link? That would be very helpful.

Can you post a link? That would be very helpful.

No. Look for yourself. Google chinese ark hoax.

The hoax of the hoax of the hoax could be a hoax.

The evidence doesn't matter to those who are true believers.

No. Look for yourself. Google chinese ark hoax.

The hoax of the hoax of the hoax could be a hoax.

The evidence doesn't matter to those who are true believers.

No need to sound so harsh my friend, I was only asking.

No need to sound so harsh my friend, I was only asking.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to be. Just pointing you to the info without having to look it up again.

Edited by Astute One

Maybe I missed the memo, but why is it so outrageous that there's still straw in the compartment? After all, these chambers were preserved in freezing temperatures on the top of an icy mountain. Is it that far fetched to think that whatever lay within them would be preserved too? If the chambers were sealed and there was no oxygen, and it was too cold for any bacteria/organisms, and it was untouched by humans, what would there be to remove the hay? We find fully preserved Woolly Mammoths with the fur still in tact on them.

Hay = fodder...Boat lands on a mountain...water recedes,utter devastation...no grass or plants after 40 days of submersion,thousands of animals need food to survive...

But they left it on the boat :rolleyes: Naaaaah! Not really.

This is an elephant stable left by Hannibals' mob out on manoevers :P

Sorry. I wasn't trying to be. Just pointing you to the info without having to look it up again.

Fair enough. :blush:

Those evangelicals are an untrustworthy mob aren't they?

They have been busted over and over again in their lame attempts to mangle history and science so it will fit into their biblical and financial agenda.

The amazing thing is that no matter how many idiotic scams they come up with there is always those desperate believers whom want to validate their biblical myths so badly they will believe anything.

Maybe I missed the memo, but why is it so outrageous that there's still straw in the compartment? After all, these chambers were preserved in freezing temperatures on the top of an icy mountain. Is it that far fetched to think that whatever lay within them would be preserved too? If the chambers were sealed and there was no oxygen, and it was too cold for any bacteria/organisms, and it was untouched by humans, what would there be to remove the hay? We find fully preserved Woolly Mammoths with the fur still in tact on them.

Because the straw is not buried in ice. That means organisms can and will devour it. If it had been frozen and thawed, it would not look fresh. Mammoths although impressively preserved still show signs of deterioration. This straw does not appear to be aged or damaged at all.

Therefore, it is very likely fresh straw placed there at the last minute.

Those evangelicals are an untrustworthy mob aren't they?

They have been busted over and over again in their lame attempts to mangle history and science so it will fit into their biblical and financial agenda.

The amazing thing is that no matter how many idiotic scams they come up with there is always those desperate believers whom want to validate their biblical myths so badly they will believe anything.

What amazes me so much is that these people claim to be holders of knowledge, yet the most obvious seems to slip right by them.

• 1 month later...

I was under the impression (from various tv shows admitedly) that there is a flood layer when strata is analyzed all over the world, confirming that at some point in the worlds history there truly was a global flood.

I'm so glad someone else mentioned this. Seems like I've seen this on quite a few specials on Discovery and such where they say that almost anywhere in the world if you go down far enough there is a layer of sediment indicating flooding. I'm not a Christian but I remember being intrigued when I saw that. Wish I could remember the name of the program.

I'm so glad someone else mentioned this. Seems like I've seen this on quite a few specials on Discovery and such where they say that almost anywhere in the world if you go down far enough there is a layer of sediment indicating flooding. I'm not a Christian but I remember being intrigued when I saw that. Wish I could remember the name of the program.

There is a field of study called flood geology. It is actually a little less intellectually dishonest than creation science even though they still start out with a premise and try to make the evidence fit this assumption instead of trying to find an explanation for the evidence. Unlike most creation scientists, flood geologist are usually actual geologist. Now of course you are going to find sediment indicating flooding since there have been many floods, where the flood geologist differ from every other geologist is that they believe all the evidence of cataclysms happened in a short period of time all over the world instead of over a long period of time and at different times in different places. Programs on TV go for the shock value so they are going to act like this evidence of cataclysms is support for a nontraditional explanation whether it really is or not.

Edited by FurthurBB

I find the claim hard to believe, however, offering the benefit of the doubt, I don't suppose you would remember roughly what year this strata layer indicated? I think that would be pretty important.

So they found it...? I'll believe it when I see better proof than a few crummy pictures that look like any place you could find in your local neighborhood and could easily be faked...

There is a field of study called flood geology. It is actually a little less intellectually dishonest than creation science even though they still start out with a premise and try to make the evidence fit this assumption instead of trying to find an explanation for the evidence. Unlike most creation scientists, flood geologist are usually actual geologist. Now of course you are going to find sediment indicating flooding since there have been many floods, where the flood geologist differ from every other geologist is that they believe all the evidence of cataclysms happened in a short period of time all over the world instead of over a long period of time and at different times in different places. Programs on TV go for the shock value so they are going to act like this evidence of cataclysms is support for a nontraditional explanation whether it really is or not.

"Flood geology" is a legit science with archaeologists and geologists in North America to find out how much glacier flooding actually happened and where, after the last glacier maximum and how much digging has to be done, or at what location is best to dig to locate Paleo-Indian habitation sites. Of course CS has taken it to a idiotic low.

Lapiche

Edited by Piney

:D I blew tea out of my nose on that one.

Non-Biblical? There are supposed to be 500 flood legends around the world, and the basic story of Noah predates the Babylonians... so as an event, it could have happened... Perhaps a survival story (or many separate stories) of the end of the last Ice Age.

Here's a list:

http://www.nwcreation.net/noahlegends.html

Long time ago, I've read (I believe it was in "The Morning of the Magicians" by Louis Pauwells and Jacques Bergier) many cultures had floods with someone name Noah, Nowah, Nooa, Nowa and some other variation of the sound. Could it be that Noahs were a racial entity rather than an individual who were saved?

I'm not saying that I believe for a second that they have found the ark, there are just too many reasons not to believe it that many people have already expressed that I don't feel I need to reiterate. But I did want to point out that there is a scientist that believes he has found evidence that can support global flooding and even forty days of rain. From studying continental plates he has found evidence that I one point when the earths surface was more solid there was a great deal of water below that was causing pressure to build up. The pressure got to be too much and blew through with such force and blew so high that it could have taken up to 40 days for all of the water to fully come back down again. And with the force of the water it cause the plates to crash into each other causing changes in the land and mountains to be formed. Just in the last 2000 thousand years continental plates have been estimated to have moved over 600 feet, the earth and land is constantly changing and water levels are constantly changing. We don't know exactly what the land looked like or how high mountains were back then, so we can't be totally sure of what can be possible or whats not. And though the bible does have story of this great flood and of the ark and Noah, but there are cultures all over the world (which I know was already mentioned) that have similar stories of a great flood, so you don't have to be christian to believe the stories, the bible just has its own interpretation of the event.

Unfortunately, before you ask, I can not remember the scientists name or where you can find anything about this information (it has been years since I had learned about this) so if you want to take it as a load of crap, that's understandable, but it at least gives you something else to ponder.

I also want to thank you for posting this article, it was very good. I particularly like the quote from Eric Cline "It's not that we professional archaeologists are more elitist or better than they are, but we're trained to separate our beliefs from our science."

When you go looking for something in particular, often times you will find it, or at least you believe you do. It can be hard for many people not to have tunnel vision in that respect. It's like people who go ghost hunting, many of them WILL come across "paranormal activity", but often its because they want so bad to experience it that they will all too often jump to that conclusion with every unfamiliar sound, or uneasy feeling, or shadow in the corner of their eye.

• 6 months later...

Looks more like Jesus's manger to me. Perhaps they've mixed up the stories.

The only significant data given is the wood is the wrong type, and that this equated to a 99.9% certainty it's Noah's ark. I'm sorry, but maybe probabilistic thinking works different for me than perhaps it does with others, even in its simplest terms. I could understand hiding the altitude of the location, or, albeit, lying about it intentionally, for the purpose claimed.

Why one would possibly try to obtain a flood with geological evidence at this altitude is beyond me. This ark could have been geologically lifted to this height from a later earthquake event, but this particular mountain looks volcanic to me, suggesting a low probability for this type of geology to have lifted an ark here. After-all, ocean fish fossils can be found on many mountain tops. My understanding is that in Persian records, it is claimed the ark was removed from "it's" mountain or foothill landing, because is desecrated this "newly made sacred" mountain. Thus, the ark wouldn't be found on a mountain, and perhaps not at all.

I believe the other recognized ark site nearby to here (the one with a visitor center) is perhaps more genuine, and I believe this fits the Persian records real well, wherein, it is said the ark came to rest in the region of Ararat, to mean within these mountain ranges, or zone.

This is important to me because my last name is Burian, and in the Tower of Babel saga, it's Bulgar/Burjan of the scattered 10-tribes, and afterall, this is all close to Azerbaijan (Burjan, too. Furthermore, Noah's descendants as Japeth, then Torgarmah, is believed to have lived in Armenia regions after this flood, and could be my ancestors. Futhermore, there is a Burjan kingdom at Lake Van Turkey, also close by, in the Ahlat regional side of this lake according to my references. I should add that you also have Iberians (i.e. I-Berians) here, and Georgia which is called al-Burjan in Iranian (Aryan) mythology, as well. So even though the ark is an interesting artifact, it brings these other ingredients directly to my table, none-the-less, and, I would need much clearer evidence for their discovery show merit.

My Burian research also states from Persian records that their settlement in Suvar (Sumeria, and a Burjan god name)was doomed in the flood, but the Lake Van split in the tribe survived. This I believe is correct, they spoke Akkadian (a Sumerian language), and thus, negates a global flood even in Mesopotamia terms, let alone "global", all at once, or as a simultaneous global event, even if the globe history may suggest many large floods may have occurred everywhere. Thats my take on this, and please, where's the rest of the story? GGG guy.

This story comes out almost once a year.

First of all, IF a great flood occurred in the past, it would take EVERY boat & throw them in random places, such as atop a 12,000 ft mountain.

Secondly, I'm sure "Noah" wasn't the only guy housing a few animals on his boat, even if it wasn't to save them from destruction. In fact, I'm sure a few people back then kept some cows tied up on the boat to get milk or move them across the water to another shore.

THIRDLY, It's impossible to store 2 of EVERY animal on a boat, which the measurements are clearly given in the Bible.

I propose it was a spaceship & Noah took DNA samples to save some room. I mean, come on, the Bible doesn't say Noah floated on the water. it says he was LIFTED UP. Just throwing it out there. :alien:

Edited by Ms. Anita Cigarette.

• 1 month later...

Well, I don't completely believe everything I read or see. Just thought it was interesting.

I find the claim hard to believe, however, offering the benefit of the doubt, I don't suppose you would remember roughly what year this strata layer indicated? I think that would be pretty important.

No, this was quite awhile ago. I have no idea what year.