Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aborted baby boy survived for nearly two days

Still Waters

maybe this is why god killed the one man in the bible for spilling his seed on the ground instead of getting his wife/his older dead brothers wife/ pregnate and giving his older brother a child via the rules of that society.

Hmm, so I guess all men should be killed for having wet dreams! Boy that sure does put bullet holes in your argument.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• eqgumby

• Startraveler

• HerNibs

They DID say it was for a suspected disability, I assume a severe one.

(Not just aimed at you but to answer the unsaid question);

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/7652889/Baby-that-survived-botched-abortion-was-rejected-for-cleft-lip-and-palate.html

EDIT: Just saw Still Waters did post this info/link.

I'd say the law needs revision is an understatement.

JMO; More sex education & affordable and easily accessed birth control for everyone and same with the Morning After pill.

Edited by BlondiGeist

There are no aborted children.

A rough estimate is that a fetus is viable (able to survive outside the womb) at about 26 weeks. A fetus aborted after 26 weeks may very well be considered a child. That's where much of the debate comes from, from those of us who wish there was a sensible middle ground.

There are no aborted children.

i count this child who survived for two days before dieing. this is clearly an aborted child, he survived outside of mom for two days. if they had actually taken care of him would he have died. probable not.

Hmm, so I guess all men should be killed for having wet dreams! Boy that sure does put bullet holes in your argument.

how does a wet dream that said person has no control over compare to a mother who does have control over her babies life.

no one bothered to ask me why the lady in roe vs wade is now prolife. it is because she had a baby.

how does a wet dream that said person has no control over compare to a mother who does have control over her babies life.

no one bothered to ask me why the lady in roe vs wade is now prolife. it is because she had a baby.

I have three babies and am still pro choice.

I have three babies and am still pro choice.

Same here. It was my choice to have my children.

It was also my choice to not have more.

Nibs

You should really ready about the women that the abortion policies are based on(Norma McCorvey and Sandra Cano). Cano and Mccorvery are liars and trying to rewrite history to suit themselves and put them in a light they do not deserve

She(Mccorvey) is trying to make a long drawn out legal process that lasted more than a year boil(with multiple appearances to explain the situation) down to:

“I did not go to the Supreme Court on behalf of a class of women. I wasn’t pursuing any legal remedy to my unwanted pregnancy. I did not go to the federal courts for relief.

and Cano says:

“I am against abortion. I never sought an abortion. I never had an abortion. Abortion is murder. For over 20 years, and against my will, my name has been synonymous with abortion. The Doe vs. Bolton case is based on deceit and fraud. I never participated in this case. The Supreme Court had already made up their minds. They didn’t care what was in the affidavits. I never wanted to be a part of this.” (LeBoeuf, CHATTANOOGA FREE PRESS, 3/24/97).

With all of the lies that were told(Mccorvey repeatedly claimed she was raped-resulting in the pregnancy, which was not true, she was having an affair), and the multiple times that these woman had to present their statements to different courts and different people I find it more than interesting that these woman now want to claim that they were never seeking an abortion. They may want to lie to themselves to clear their conscience, but history shows otherwise...now they get help up by religious groups as icons of pro-life...just nuts.

Same here. It was my choice to have my children.

It was also my choice to not have more.

Nibs

True, it was your choice. That's cool. But boiling abortion down to "a choice", like the menu at Red Lobster, or simplifying it like "I choose to wear green because it flatters my eyes." is disingenuous and way over simplifying a complex issue. There are too many what-ifs, too many variables, and too much at stake to reduce that issue to a bumper-sticker slogan. This goes for BOTH sides of the debate.

This point is NOT debatable.

True, it was your choice. That's cool. But boiling abortion down to "a choice", like the menu at Red Lobster, or simplifying it like "I choose to wear green because it flatters my eyes." is disingenuous and way over simplifying a complex issue. There are too many what-ifs, too many variables, and too much at stake to reduce that issue to a bumper-sticker slogan. This goes for BOTH sides of the debate.

This point is NOT debatable.

Not sure if I agree or not.

I don't think abortion should be available after the first trimester.

I don't think that abortion should be used as a form of birth control.

Regardless of what the situation is, there will be jackasses who abuse a situation.

I do disagree that in the end, yes, it is simply a choice. It shouldn't be an easy choice, sadly it is to many people.

I think FAR more emphasis should be in education and contraception availability.

I certainly don't think any woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term if she doesn't wish.

You are correct, it is a complex issue and should be carefully considered.

Nibs

Regardless of what the situation is, there will be jackasses who abuse a situation.

I do disagree that in the end, yes, it is simply a choice. It shouldn't be an easy choice, sadly it is to many people.

I think FAR more emphasis should be in education and contraception availability.

I certainly don't think any woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term if she doesn't wish.

Nibs

i think the first thing everyone needs to do is stop thinking of the baby as a parisite, and being married is a curse.

i think the first thing everyone needs to do is stop thinking of the baby as a parisite, and being married is a curse.

Marriage and babies are two different things.

Sorry danielost, until a baby is viable, it's a parasite.

Living off the host.

I think the first thing everyone needs to do is educate our young people and make contraceptives more available.

Nibs

Marriage and babies are two different things.

Sorry danielost, until a baby is viable, it's a parasite.

Living off the host.

I think the first thing everyone needs to do is educate our young people and make contraceptives more available.

Nibs

ok then a child is a parasite until age 18 no sorry today it is until age 30.

ok then a child is a parasite until age 18 no sorry today it is until age 30.

:)

Well, with my almost 30 year old JUST moving back in, I don't disagree.

It isn't the same thing. I'm discussing something that must be in the womb, feeding from the host for survival.

I do not mean that it was in any way "ok" for what happened to the baby in the OP.

Daniel, so what do you do about the crack addicted hooker who becomes pregnant?? Is it ok for her to abort the child?

What about a rape victim?

What about an incest victim?

What about the single mother of two who may die if the pregnancy is carried to term?

Nibs

:)

Well, with my almost 30 year old JUST moving back in, I don't disagree.

It isn't the same thing. I'm discussing something that must be in the womb, feeding from the host for survival.

I do not mean that it was in any way "ok" for what happened to the baby in the OP.

Daniel, so what do you do about the crack addicted hooker who becomes pregnant?? Is it ok for her to abort the child?

What about a rape victim?

What about an incest victim?

What about the single mother of two who may die if the pregnancy is carried to term?

Nibs

the last one and the first one are good reasons for abortions. the other two are not, although the lds church which i am a member of would also agree with the other two being a good reason for abortions.

the last one and the first one are good reasons for abortions. the other two are not, although the lds church which i am a member of would also agree with the other two being a good reason for abortions.

So you feel that there are certain circumstances where it is ok to perform an abortion?

Are you saying a rape victim should be forced to carry a baby to term?

Nibs

So you feel that there are certain circumstances where it is ok to perform an abortion?

Are you saying a rape victim should be forced to carry a baby to term?

Nibs

no, i am saying the rape victim should be concealed to do so and if she doesnt want said child give it up for adoption.

no, i am saying the rape victim should be concealed to do so and if she doesnt want said child give it up for adoption.

Ok, but are you saying that abortion is OK in certain circumstances?

Nibs

Nibs

Today I was driving in rush hour traffic and I saw some woman who had pro-life stuff all over her car. Well, an ambulance came with sirens on and everyone got over, even though there was hardly room to move except this woman. I was thinking, WTH, pro-life only if it involves a political issue and everyone else good luck to you?

Today I was driving in rush hour traffic and I saw some woman who had pro-life stuff all over her car. Well, an ambulance came with sirens on and everyone got over, even though there was hardly room to move except this woman. I was thinking, WTH, pro-life only if it involves a political issue and everyone else good luck to you?

she could have been driving someone elses car. but she should have moved over. i look at it like this what if that ambulance was on its way to pick up your kid and you stopped it because you were too selfish to let it by.

Ok, but are you saying that abortion is OK in certain circumstances?

Nibs

yes killing is ok under the right circumstances.