Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man claims he ate, drank nothing for 70 years

psyche101

SCIENTISTS are studying an 82-year-old man who claims he has not had any food or drink for 70 years.

Prahlad Janis claims are being put to the test at a hospital in Ahmedabad, where he is being closely monitored and studied by Indias Defence Research Development Organisation, which believes he may have a quality which could help save lives, The Telegraph reports.

He has so far spent six days without food or water under the strict observation of doctors who say his body is yet to show any signs of hunger or dehydration.

Mr Jani is regarded as a "breatharian" who can live a "spiritual life-force" alone.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Edited by Saru
Removed image for copyright reasons

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• sam12six

• Alien Being

• voiceofreason

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/man-claims-he-ate-drank-nothing-for-70-years/story-e6frg12c-1225860032129

If his claims are true, that would be earth shattering. But I am not going to hold my breath, India seems to churn out some charlatans rather easily, ones who are ready to ponce upon those who are looking for a Guru or a spiritual leader.

Not saying that all Hindi Gurus are false. But any who strut around claiming things, that's when my wait-a-minute radar goes off :lol:

Interesting story though.

That country comes up with some people that like to claim the same thing every once in a while...it always falls through anytime people with the slightest bit of science in their background to check things out. Anytime that the claims need to be confirmed, the situation falls apart and people disappear. These charlatans depend on the gullibility of the local people to believe and support them.

That country comes up with some people that like to claim the same thing every once in a while...it always falls through anytime people with the slightest bit of science in their background to check things out. Anytime that the claims need to be confirmed, the situation falls apart and people disappear. These charlatans depend on the gullibility of the local people to believe and support them.

Yup. This is a pretty good example

He is most welcome to stay in my house for a year where I will chain him to my wall with no access to food or drink, and we'll see if he walks out alive after that period.

When you put your mind towards something...I guess anything really isn't all that impossible. Wonder if this guy is one of those sunlight staring people?

Edited by SpiderCyde

When you put your mind towards something...I guess anything really isn't all that impossible. Wonder if this guy is one of those sunlight staring people?

No matter how much you put your mind into it, living without food and water is impossible.

This will be interesting to watch

Sounds to me like a question of realities. I am not saying that this guy is telling the truth, but I feel that most people in this world have locked themselves into this "reality" and cannot believe anything that may fall outside of it's accepted boundaries. I often question this reality and it's laws. Our mind has great possibilities and we have yet to unlock all those mysteries. Mind over matter may prove to be a truth and possibilities may become "realities" once we grow into our mental potentials.

^agreed.

Just like that old nuthead Blossom Goodchild, this man must be living in a delusional world of his own.

Interesting to see if this could be true, but overall, I'd rather eat. :yes:

Yeah this is one of those re-curring stories and it always ends with "He is being monitored in the hospital where he has not been eating for this and this days." and we never hear of him again. Just like with this guy whom everybody will forget till tomorrow.

Impossible.

I think with the right training some people coudld lower their metabolism to the point where they could go for longer than normal without food or water but 70 years?

I'm going to look on the internet to find examples where peoples bodies have shut down in comas to see if the require feeding and watering less.

I'll second that.

And I'll third that. Way too medically impossible to be even remotely true.

Breatharians

From the site -

''THE EMPOWERED ASCENSION''

OR

"IMMORTALITY " WORKSHOPS

BY

Wiley Brooks, Breatharian,

Spiritual Teacher, Inter-dimensional Traveler, and Founder of

The Breatharian Institute Of America

The cost is $10,000.00 USD

( Click here ''Immortality workshops" for more info.)

WORKSHOPS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE DECEMBER 21, 2012

(480)-406-9463 (480)-406-9463

wileybrooks@breatharian.com

Instructions on 5 magical words and diet

Start meditating with these magic words for at least 30 minutes a day to begin with and increase your meditatiing time to 2 hours a day as soon as possible. Repeat them in the exact order that they are.

Do the meditation excersize before drinking lots of diet coke in the 20 oz and 1 liter sizes (with caffeine) in the plastic bottles only. Along with a double-quarter-pounder/with cheese meal at McDonald's only. (you can combine two quarter pounders to make a double-quarter pounder if necessary). Always meditate 30 mins to an hour before eating. Try to eat a minimum of at least one meal a day for as long you can. Go back to my web site periodically to see if you can start to feel the new energies after reading a few paragraphs.

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT DRINK WATER OF ANY KIND OR FROM ANY SOURCE AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY,DO NOT EAT ANY FRUITS OR VEGETABLES DOING THIS REGIME!!!

PLEASE READ THE STORY OF THE BREATHARIANS BY CLICKING ON THE "BREATHARIANS" TAB, FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE "5 MAGIC WORDS AND THE DIET!!!

Wiley

OR you can by the special elixer for $250.00 for 32oz.

Garbage.

Nibs

Just think about how long he could have lived if only he would've had something to eat or drink!

Reminds me of a joke. What do you call the skeleton in the closet?

Answer. The winner of hide and go seek.

lol, just eating junk food???

:D

To be fair, I'm not sure anything at McDonald's is actually food...

*LOVES me the frenchfries*

yeah, I know how horrible they are for me...

Nibs

:D

To be fair, I'm not sure anything at McDonald's is actually food...

*LOVES me the frenchfries*

yeah, I know how horrible they are for me...

Nibs

So you're saying this guy in the article is working on a technicality? McDonald's ain't real food, so it doesn't count... No, scratch that. You couldn't live to 70+ on that stuff.

:P

So you're saying this guy in the article is working on a technicality? McDonald's ain't real food, so it doesn't count... No, scratch that. You couldn't live to 70+ on that stuff.

Probably healthier to starve.

Nibs