Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Official U.M. "Predictions Watch" Thread

Paranormalcy

Well lets put it this way..it isn't your 'normal' weather station.

It would have to be, but how can people cause an earthquake? It's continental shift; I don't think a nuclear bomb could make that happen...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paranormalcy

• puridalan

• Raptor Witness

• Universal Sight

It would have to be, but how can people cause an earthquake? It's continental shift; I don't think a nuclear bomb could make that happen...

i suppose it could if there were enough detonated on a particular fault line. Of course, that would be moot since the nuke(s) would be enough by themselves.

A nuke/nukes set to hit the super volcano could be catastrophic as well.

Getting more syncronystic events surrounding some sort of cascadia event. Either the subduction zones, or the vcanos. I will post again if they intensify.

If WWIII is gonna happen. We're all gonna die. Look at how big china is, and which side it is on. Why war? :cry:

First off to clear everyone up, 'people' as in the public WILL NOT be causing the earthquake, the earthquake will be caused by a 'weather building' but its more than your average jo weather building these select group of ppl have a system that can not only intensify winds but actually make earthquakes happen by sending vibrations in the ground. So thats is what I see..I hope that clears everything up..so NO a bomb will not be happening to cause that.

Furtheremore someone just told me that today Nov 26th obama got stitches in his lip..no biggie wait till the 6th.okay enough said for now

First off to clear everyone up, 'people' as in the public WILL NOT be causing the earthquake, the earthquake will be caused by a 'weather building' but its more than your average jo weather building these select group of ppl have a system that can not only intensify winds but actually make earthquakes happen by sending vibrations in the ground. So thats is what I see..I hope that clears everything up..so NO a bomb will not be happening to cause that.

Furtheremore someone just told me that today Nov 26th obama got stitches in his lip..no biggie wait till the 6th.okay enough said for now

a reference to HAARP i suppose?

If WWIII is gonna happen. We're all gonna die. Look at how big china is, and which side it is on. Why war? :cry:

I can almost gurantee if we go to war with china, the first indication is an emp blast. All it takes is a nuk in a satalite. Why would every satalight not have a nuk in it. I'm sure we got them and they got them. It will Nock out nertly every electric circuit in the country, they would hit our Allys aswell and we would hit them. No nuclear winter, but no electricity or infrastructure for years. It will kill masses and create extreme social unrest. China is much more prepared to live without a grid than the rest of the industrialized world. Hardened military might and man power would then win the day. We are at a disadvantage. no electricity and extreme social chaos would make a draft impossible. The military would drive around picking up men and forcing them into battle. just Let's not go to war with china. Or anyone for that matter least be dragged in. When the lights go out and they won't come back on it has begun. Microwaves can protect small electronic devices, I sugest some sort of bugout kit, and wilderness survival skills.

Edited by Seeker79

to Puridalan: You saw the TV news last week? A former army officer was arrested in his home for attempt to assassinate Obama. The wannabe assassin claimed the motivation to hurt the president's life was: "Obnama didn't help the poor and our economy worsened", with "his failed agenda on the war on terror" infuriated him and "he didn't help black people". Was this part of your prediction...or something moved the authorities to find this man before it was too late?

Too tired to do any sort of math right now and it's fairly amorphous, but if I was being generous, if I took JUST the likely stuff and ignored "sea monster" predictions, and included things UM members have predicted, there *might* be 1% so far? Possibly 20% if you saw your way clear on one or two issues. I'd have to go back and look, or anyone else is welcome to - this is just an estimate off the top of my head.

law of averages would return more than 1%, which makes a majority of predictions less accurate than chance... :no:

I think the topic idea is excellent as not too many hiding places once you make predictions. I would suggest we keep new predictions to say a 4 week maximum, this may enable better recording of statistics.

I have seen too many predictions for 2013 and onwards....which is I think is fairly pointless.

I cant believe some people are claiming that they cannot give their predictions because people knowing will change the event. Or that posts, predictions etc are vanishing.... :no:

anyway thats my view, but if you cant beat them...join them....

I predict startling new evidence of alien life to be announced by 2089...only kidding by January 10th 2011... B)

December 12, 2010 The Detroit lions won a third game. Now, ignore me, laugh at my prediction, discount anything I've said, but think on this. Out of anything that's been said on this thread, mine is the only prediction that has conclusively come true. Not open to interpretation, no deciphering, no cryptic statements. No, just a clear statement that has come to pass. Some won't care because it's about football, others because it's not earth shattering and apocalyptic, but in the end, none of that matters because it still came true.

December 12, 2010 The Detroit lions won a third game. Now, ignore me, laugh at my prediction, discount anything I've said, but think on this. Out of anything that's been said on this thread, mine is the only prediction that has conclusively come true. Not open to interpretation, no deciphering, no cryptic statements. No, just a clear statement that has come to pass. Some won't care because it's about football, others because it's not earth shattering and apocalyptic, but in the end, none of that matters because it still came true.

true however, that was a one in three chance.

You would need to predict at least the same 50 times in a row...for it to be mathematically a great prediction :wacko:

Edited by quillius

true however, that was a one in three chance.

You would need to predict at least the same 50 times in a row...for it to be mathematically a great prediction :wacko:

You've missed my point, it's a small prediction. Realistic and attainable. Most of the predictions made are nothing more than a shot in the dark, wild speculation. When something happens there's always someone who says, "I called that". You don't have to predict the end of the world to be psychic. Keep the prediction small and have a higher success rate. Even when the prediction is crap, used only to try and prove a point.

You've missed my point, it's a small prediction. Realistic and attainable. Most of the predictions made are nothing more than a shot in the dark, wild speculation. When something happens there's always someone who says, "I called that". You don't have to predict the end of the world to be psychic. Keep the prediction small and have a higher success rate. Even when the prediction is crap, used only to try and prove a point.

I predict I will get a book for Christmas.

Edited by markprice

not entirely sure I missed your point but maybe I did.....

I agree you dont have to predict the end of the world to be a psychic however I think you need to predict something in advance that mathematically the odds are against you....

taking your prediction for example....like i said it was a one in three chance so with all things equal you would have a high success rate, in actual fact the more times you predicted the closer it would be to 33% over the long term.

Now had you of predicted the correct score, plus the times of touchdowns (assuming it was american footbal we were talking about :blush: ) then this would be a prediction that goes against the odds...

So people predicting a natural disaster over the next five years, or a plane crashing over the next three years are speculative and will be correct due to the mathematics but not because of psychic ability....now name the type of plane the date and place...then I would have to say its psychic ability :wacko:

not entirely sure I missed your point but maybe I did.....

I agree you dont have to predict the end of the world to be a psychic however I think you need to predict something in advance that mathematically the odds are against you....

taking your prediction for example....like i said it was a one in three chance so with all things equal you would have a high success rate, in actual fact the more times you predicted the closer it would be to 33% over the long term.

Now had you of predicted the correct score, plus the times of touchdowns (assuming it was american footbal we were talking about :blush: ) then this would be a prediction that goes against the odds...

So people predicting a natural disaster over the next five years, or a plane crashing over the next three years are speculative and will be correct due to the mathematics but not because of psychic ability....now name the type of plane the date and place...then I would have to say its psychic ability :wacko:

First, yes, it's American football, and my Lions are terrible. It really was kind of a joke. However, the point I'm making now is that you can make any wild prediction you want, but if you keep it small you'll actually have any kind of success rate. Claiming to be psychic is alot like being a con artist, cling to anything that seems to be a success, then try and ignore the failures. Of course, I don't need to use an emoticon as a backdoor insult to make my point, but perhaps you'll forgive my lapse there.

Edited by the1truebat

First, yes, it's American football, and my Lions are terrible. It really was kind of a joke. However, the point I'm making now is that you can make any wild prediction you want, but if you keep it small you'll actually have any kind of success rate. Claiming to be psychic is alot like being a con artist, cling to anything that seems to be a success, then try and ignore the failures. Of course, I don't need to use an emoticon as a backdoor insult to make my point, but perhaps you'll forgive my lapse there.

I am more of a soccer man myself and my team are also the Lions...and are also terrible :)

I think we are agreeing, predictions have got to be very precise and mathematically unlikely for it to give any credence to the prediction, and I do not think that the incorrect claims should be ignored, although if someone predicts 3 events all of which are 10000-1 shots, and one comes true then I think this would be good and that the other two can be ignored to a certain extent. However if they guess at three 3-1 shots and one comes true then this is nothing but probability.

As for the emoticon used to insult, I do hope you were not refurring to ones used by me as I assure you an insult was the last of my intentions... :unsure2:

I am more of a soccer man myself and my team are also the Lions...and are also terrible :)

I think we are agreeing, predictions have got to be very precise and mathematically unlikely for it to give any credence to the prediction, and I do not think that the incorrect claims should be ignored, although if someone predicts 3 events all of which are 10000-1 shots, and one comes true then I think this would be good and that the other two can be ignored to a certain extent. However if they guess at three 3-1 shots and one comes true then this is nothing but probability.

As for the emoticon used to insult, I do hope you were not refurring to ones used by me as I assure you an insult was the last of my intentions... :unsure2:

I was in fact refering to the "whacko" emoticon. But if I've taken it wrong, my apologies. On a side note, why does it seem that every team named the Lions suck?

Edited by the1truebat

I was in fact refering to the "whacko" emoticon. But if I've taken it wrong, my apologies. On a side note, why does it seem that every team named the Lions suck?

the whacko emoticon was representing my mind and the confusion I end up in at times...that was all...I assure you I would never insult anyone intentionally let alone use an emoticon to do so....

As for the Lions sucking....not sure really but we have to stick with them through thick and thin....lets hope we experience the thin one day :)

the whacko emoticon was representing my mind and the confusion I end up in at times...that was all...I assure you I would never insult anyone intentionally let alone use an emoticon to do so....

As for the Lions sucking....not sure really but we have to stick with them through thick and thin....lets hope we experience the thin one day :)

I agree completely.

sorry, double post.

Edited by the1truebat

There's going to a break through about AIDs/HIV in 3 years top. North Korea's economy will increase and they will be more open to the world and while the seem like a small secretive country with no value, they are going to come up with a new type of technology. They will slowly gain a better reputation.

I read this yesterday. :)http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/14/hiv-cure-berlin-patient_n_796521.html

• 2 weeks later...

Other good ones:

28. Passing of Fidel Castro.

#

Not a difficult thing to predict, I would think.

Many rare white lions will be found in Africa.

Hmmm....possible, I suppose. Perhaps plausible.

# A blimp exploding over a stadium.

Airships don't have a pronounced tendency to explode. Probably a fairly untenable prediction.

They do NOT get credit for all three of these if anything happens.

# Danger around President Barack Obama.

An easy preciction. Danger would need to be defined. Political danger? He already has plenty of that.

# Assassination attempt against President Barack Obama.

# Assassination of Barack Obama.

Well...I have feared something like that since 2009. With the way things are in America, his steadily dropping popularity, and that attached to his Congress,his pronounced arrogance, and tension over what he's going to do when the new Congress begins and forcefully attempts to ujndermine hispolicies, I can visualize this happening.

Lord knows, I sincerely hope not, as this is not the solution to removing him from office. It would serve no purpose but to disrupt this country greatly, make Obama a martyr, which is not something we need to see happening, take a father from his children and a husband from his wife, and make Biden the President of the United States! There are few scarier ideas to contemplate for this nation.

I would suggest security being stepped up vis-a-vis Secret Service and use of investigative support so as to avoid some kook, or kooks taking such an action. The method of removal is an election in 2012. Much better to se him removed in a significant defeat, and relegated to retirement, where he can be adequately ranked by history where he belongs in the ranks of Presidents, than have this violence happen. That cannot happen in this country.

# Yet another sex scandal in Washington, DC.

Predict water is wet, next. This one does NOT qualify.

Agreed! Almost too easy...requiring no psychic insight.

Edited by MID

The Predicted Year In Review: Credit (and Criticism) Where Due

Let's start with Psychics.Co.UK - it's a short list, not terribly remarkable, but it has some predictions.

Bin Laden dies.

Conspiracy theories notwithstanding, FAIL.

Quantum physicists discover extraordinary way generate electricity from water.

If this happened, it wasn't specifically from 2010.

MP caught in indecent act in public toilet.

Not aware of any - any Brits with info?

Important public figure revealed to be a member of a white supremacy movement with 2010 seeing a serious increase in racist attacks

I don't think this happened, at least not in the US, England, etc.

Secret human cloning experiment attempts to clone famous person.

Being secret, I guess we give this one a pass? Uh - no. FAIL.

X factor in 2010 will be won by a group of friends who were choir boys together.

I couldn't care less but anyone with confirmation is welcome to report it here.

Britain pulls out of Afghanistan leaving only a few token troops.

No?

Iran gives up its quest for a nuclear bomb but North Korea continues to threaten peace.

1: pshyah right, 2: please observe the "duh" light

Celebrity is kidnapped and a ransom demand made.

FAIL

Barack Obama expresses an interest in holistic healing and ‘world healing’ becomes a dominant theme and key phrase to his 2010 speeches. He brokers a historic deal between Israel and the Palestinians.

Abstractly perhaps part of this could be argued. "Historic" deal in that nothing came of it, maybe.