Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do I invite evil spirits to my home?

Sakari

Wrong

They can be verified

If these methods actually worked and were able to be replicated reliably, don't you think that there would be conclusive proof? Wouldn't the methods of spiritualism be accepted by more people? Even if they do work, you're not necessarily proving that a dead person's spirit is communicating with you. If you're willing to accept paranormal explanations, couldn't this be an example of you reading another person's mind?

Edited by Cybele

If these methods actually worked and were able to be replicated reliably, don't you think that there would be conclusive proof? Wouldn't the methods of spiritualism be accepted by more people?

Yes.

Exactly.

Nibs

I could not agree more. Any attempt to purposely invite something with a goal to ruin your life or destroy you is foolish whether one believes in them or not.

If I asked you to come into my home and perform trivial theatrics for my entertainment, would you?

If you invite a person into your life with evil intent, do you expect them to hurt you while you watch or would they do those things unaware, in the background so you can offer no defense? Some things "get off" hurting people. We are the symbolic frog in the pan which they toss onto the hot road. They enjoy watching us squirm trying to escape the searing heat. It's entertainment and once used up they simply look for another.

General rule of thumb: Look for trouble and you will find it. Or it find you in ways you don't expect.

I agree with this. Trying to invite a demonic presence into your home would be similar to inviting in a serial killer simply because your curious. There are other ways to learn about these things without inviting them into your home or reaching out to communicate with it. I speak from experience when I say if you do achieve your goal, you will be fortunate at best to live to regret it.

• Like 1

She describes it on the first page of this thread.

LOL I did a Google search for "Puridalan's experiment" :wacko:

• Like 2

So, there are actually ways to verify, this being one method, if you want to verify all your results..it's best to do it this way. Without any pre-info of the stranger or their family/friends ect.

Agreed.

I have a very odd thing going on outlined elsewhere in the forum. It very well could have been imagination and looking for verification either way, I became friends with a psychic of good reputation. She offers readings for free and I simply asked "What kind of spirits are hanging around me" and I purposely withhold all other info. Her only clue was my avatar name (Mysti) and my question.

. I believe the psychic was located in Canada, a great distance away.

I expected some vague general answer but she gave some specifics including the correct name to one of the spirits whom I already knew. That was quite a guess.

Different www friend of mine living in Michigan offered help with a problem I had. He had no information other than I lived in Georgia near Atlanta. I recieved an email from him asking to confirm the location of my house. Included was a Google Earth file zoomed to the extreme of my neighborhood and there is my house. More coincidence.

Very very very lucky guesses if only coincidence.

Edited by Sergeant
  • Like 1

I already have proved it to enough people. No, not the world, but certainly more than a 100 people that it is enough proof to them. How their loved one or whoever died, to the T without them telling me anything.

So, it has been conclusive proof for many, for some it will never be enough. Sometimes you cannot communicate with said 'spirit'. I wouldn't call this reading another persons mind, as the dead are showing you the images themselves to you..its more like they are telling you. It's not you trying to budge in and use 'mind powers' to telepathically read someone..its more of someone else giving you information that isn't physically there. Sounds far fetched I know, but in reality it's quite 'simple'..just the person isn't there in a physical body.

If you don't believe that is fine, I am just showing you how I've done some of my communication in the past

• Like 2

I wouldn't call this reading another persons mind, as the dead are showing you the images themselves to you..its more like they are telling you. It's not you trying to budge in and use 'mind powers' to telepathically read someone..its more of someone else giving you information that isn't physically there. Sounds far fetched I know, but in reality it's quite 'simple'..just the person isn't there in a physical body.

From the experiment you described, there seems to be no way to determine the source of the images or thoughts you receive. You expect them to come from a deceased person, but that doesn't mean they actually do. ESP is just as likely (or unlikely) an explanation, regardless of intent. From what I can tell, there's no way to prove that spirits of the dead are actually involved; that's just the way you interpret it. So how could this prove the existence of spirits to a skeptic?All it would prove is that there is some unexplained phenomenon going on.

Edited by Cybele
  • Like 1

If these methods actually worked and were able to be replicated reliably, don't you think that there would be conclusive proof? Wouldn't the methods of spiritualism be accepted by more people? Even if they do work, you're not necessarily proving that a dead person's spirit is communicating with you. If you're willing to accept paranormal explanations, couldn't this be an example of you reading another person's mind?

Actually the military had some good success with remote viewing:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=19081

it's my opinion the general idea of "branching out" your mind and experiencing a location far away from you is just as credible (or incredible) as the existence of ghosts or spirits. Remote viewers will verify the existence of those entities some here claim don't exist BTW.

Edited by Sergeant
  • Like 1

Cybele

how much more proof can you get?

I mean literally sitting down with a stranger, or lets say a medical examiner.

You do not know this medical examiner. They hand you a picture, or merely the persons name. you are to state how this person died exactly.

And lets make it even more 'remote' this medical examiner has you in a bare room, the examiner is not even allowed to see you therefore you cannot read their body language, throu the door they slip you the name, tag of the victim..something that makes it unique to them

then you state exactly how the person dies, "X died by suffocation in a lake for 3 minutes".

I mean seriously..what else do you people want? I think that is about as controlled as you can get.

Edited by puridalan
  • Like 2

Actually the military had some good success with remote viewing:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=19081

it's my opinion the general idea of "branching out" your mind and experiencing a location far away from you is just as credible (or incredible) as the existence of ghosts or spirits. Remote viewers will verify the existence of those entities some here claim don't exist BTW.

I had heard about the military experiments into remote viewing. They also experimented with LSD as a method of mind control.

I think the fact that police forces and government agencies no longer normally employ the use of psychics as an investigative method speaks volumes about the efficacy and replicability of practices such as remote viewing.

CIA spokesman Mark Mansfield said: "The CIA is reviewing available programs regarding parapsychological phenomena, mostly remote viewing, to determine their usefulness to the intelligence community" (Cole 1995). He also notes that the Star Gate program was found to be "unpromising" in the 1970s and was turned over to the Defense Department...

...Dean Radin in The Conscious Universe says that the remote viewing program “finally wound down in 1994.” He doesn’t mention that the CIA shut it down because they were convinced that after 24 years of experiments it was clear that remote viewing was of no practical value to the intelligence community (Marks: 75). The CIA report noted that in the case of remote viewing there was a large amount of irrelevant, erroneous information that was provided and there was little agreement observed among the reports of the remote viewers (Marks: 77). Radin doesn’t mention that May objected to the CIA report because it didn’t make note of the fact that he had four independent replications of remote viewing. May didn’t publicize the fact, however, that there were also at least six reported instances of failed replication.

http://www.skepdic.com/remotevw.html

Cybele

how much more proof can you get?

I mean literally sitting down with a stranger, or lets say a medical examiner.

You do not know this medical examiner. They hand you a picture, or merely the persons name. you are to state how this person died exactly.

And lets make it even more 'remote' this medical examiner has you in a bare room, the examiner is not even allowed to see you therefore you cannot read their body language, throu the door they slip you the name, tag of the victim..something that makes it unique to them

then you state exactly how the person dies, "X died by suffocation in a lake for 3 minutes".

I mean seriously..what else do you people want? I think that is about as controlled as you can get.

This still wouldn't be proof of the existence of deceased humans or spirits communicating with people. There would be a whole host of other possibilities, such as the remote viewing Sergeant mentioned, to consider, so that's not addressing the OP's request for evidence of spirits.

Well that would be conflict as you would be 'backwards' remote viewing..because the person is dead...and you didn't see it happen in ie another location while they were alive...but yes you are right on that

As for not 'normally' employing inutitives...I can't say that is totally true, maybe the numbers have delcined (cough) if we even knew the numbers to begin with. But I know many inutitives that have worked with govt here and there on cases, and I know one investigator in AL and one in FL that use their intutition to do their jobs. Not saying you find these people constantly all over the place..certainly not.

As for not 'normally' employing inutitives...I can't say that is totally true, maybe the numbers have delcined (cough) if we even knew the numbers to begin with. But I know many inutitives that have worked with govt here and there on cases, and I know one investigator in AL and one in FL that use their intutition to do their jobs. Not saying you find these people constantly all over the place..certainly not.

Remote viewing is an interest concept, and studies into this phenomenon has show more promise than other areas of the paranormal. It's just very hard to believe, if this worked, that we would still be unable to solve so many crimes. If the government were using remote viewing nowadays, don't you think we would have caught Bin Laden by now? Why would we waste billions of dollars on technologies that serve no purpose other than spying on our enemies if we knew that we could simply pay people to sit down, concentrate, and find out all the information we need? It just doesn't make sense.

No I actually did a thing on bin laden, on my youtube page. I will give you both videos in order of which one you watch first..by the date I posted them on, the first one is the two days BEFORE i posted the other one

It's on bin laden, you should find it at least a tiny bit interesting. DO NOT wathc both videos all the way throu, only the first parts where I talk about bin laden thank you

http://www.youtube.com/user/holirealism#p/u/12/CRH6zMn9W2Q

and the second

http://www.youtube.com/user/holirealism#p/u/11/3g-WPVGdXmk

Might give you something to think on

Edited by puridalan

We are 'mimickers' further more, we create technology based off of other things we see or see other species able to do, example use infra red like snakes, use night vision like other animals..ect.

Think about it, you can only remote view so much, there are a billions and trillions of things going on in the world, you have to choose and select, and narrow..you can't just 'see' it all. "you have to pick your battles". Even when we have cameras up everywhere does no good if no one is watching everyone of them constantly...still human, believe it or not

So, people that can remote view are employed to specific cases to work on, just like regular police are employed to a certain location, certain shift ect.

• Like 2

Ya, it does matter anyone is being an idiot to say they want evil spirits in their house..that's the most idiotic crap I've heard in my life. We should be surronding ourselves with positive energy not negative..and yes it DOES matter. -.-

As for seeing the dead/spirits..you don't have to do any eleborate ceremony what so ever...anyone that claims you have to is pure bs. It's just like you are talking to a person who is alive..when someone comes over to your house..do you do an eleborate ceremony before they come...no you'd look like an idiot!

People think that communicating with the dead is some foreign alien language in which everything should be totally butt backwards and difficult..keep it simple stupid is what I say.

I don't see what's so idiotic about it.

I actually think you have to be pretty smart to not fall into this whole imaginary demon thing.

Edited by Dasmian

So, umm sorry about the videos

YOU ONLY need to watch the first parts of both videos..I go on rants about two other things..that aren't related to bin laden...soooo yaaaaa -.- sorry didn't mean for those other things to be in there..but ya just watch the ttwo firsst parts of the videos..the rest is not about it and u can go past

No I actually did a thing on bin laden, on my youtube page. I will give you both videos in order of which one you watch first..by the date I posted them on, the first one is the two days BEFORE i posted the other one

It's on bin laden, you should find it at least a tiny bit interesting. Please watch all the way through both videos, thank you

http://www.youtube.com/user/holirealism#p/u/12/CRH6zMn9W2Q

and the second

http://www.youtube.com/user/holirealism#p/u/11/3g-WPVGdXmk

Might give you something to think on

I'll watch your videos, but my point remains valid. If the government studies had determined that remote viewing was accurate, replicable, and therefore useful, then they would be using "psychics" all the time instead of technology and spies to save time and money, as would police forces. The fact of the matter is that even after studying and seriously considering it for years, they no longer do. That speaks volumes to me.

Humans can't be there constantly..they have to sleep, cameras can still be set up while sleeping..there is a difference, plus if the gov't is smart..you don't put all your eggs in one basket..you never do. You work from alllll the points possible.

Adding: Just because psychics can 'see things' they aren't trained on how to kill people naturally lol, they aren't naturally born a superhero along with the vision to 'see'. Soooo, that brings up to the next point why they have spies, because they are trained for yeeeears on how to be 'sneaky' and kill people and inflitrate.

I think its hilarious when people expect remote viewers to not only be able to see things, but complete the whole dam mission by themselves. Sure they can see things, but other issues remain like umm killing people..and it would suck if your top remote viewer on the first day got shot by someone..I mean sure they can see things...but remember no one can see evvvverything..there are a billion things going on at once..you have to pick and choose just hope its the right..thats why you have a team..and thats why you still have trained men and technology helping

its to get the best advantage possible, and in the smartest and safest way...just addin those viewpoints in

Not even going to go into the possibility that spirits may not exist.

Why exactly would you want to do this?

Adding: Just because psychics can 'see things' they aren't trained on how to kill people naturally lol, they aren't naturally born a superhero along with the vision to 'see'. Soooo, that brings up to the next point why they have spies, because they are trained for yeeeears on how to be 'sneaky' and kill people and inflitrate.

I think its hilarious when people expect remote viewers to not only be able to see things, but complete the whole dam mission by themselves. Sure they can see things, but other issues remain like umm killing people..and it would suck if your top remote viewer on the first day got shot by someone..I mean sure they can see things...but remember no one can see evvvverything..there are a billion things going on at once..you have to pick and choose just hope its the right..thats why you have a team..and thats why you still have trained men and technology helping

its to get the best advantage possible, and in the smartest and safest way...just addin those viewpoints in

That's not what I was implying at all. If they really can see things that are useful to an investigation, they would largely eliminate the need for spies. You're confusing spies with assassins. A spy gathers information; assassins do the killing. No one would ask remote viewers to see everything, just the perp, murder weapon, etc. pertaining to a specific crime that took place at a specific location. Should be easy enough if people can do what they claim.

Edited by Cybele

Yes, there are degrees of remote viewers, and some are better than others..just as I explain you have people who can play recreational soccer, some highschool, fewer college and the top the pros. That is what needs to also be taken account the degree into which people can see things. And they've been used before on that type of stuff and many still are in the community today for certain case investigations. It's not like it's not happening today, it certainly is.

Adding: it's how many pro remote viewers you got is the problem, when I was younger and did remote view randomly as a kid I thought evvveryone could do it, I found out growing up that was a lie, and that not as many people as I thought could do it that 'controlled'. Though still people can, and then its taking into account finding individuals who want to use this to help the gov't..as some choose different paths, I'm choosing medical to put mine to use.

The other problem is tooons of people go missing/homocide/killed ect, billions of cases each second and only x amount of people to help deal with it. There are people out there helping in cases along side the gov't who have inutition of the sorts and work as investigators, simply though they can only work on a handful of cases, and not a 'million' of them, so it might seem like none exist because they are barely making a dent.

Again other points, then your point which I would agree with and can't leave out..you got fakes and liars!

The other problem is tooons of people go missing/homocide/killed ect, billions of cases each second and only x amount of people to help deal with it. There are people out there helping in cases along side the gov't who have inutition of the sorts and work as investigators, simply though they can only work on a handful of cases, and not a 'million' of them, so it might seem like none exist because they are barely making a dent.

I'd think that the government and police forces would get their most talented remote viewers to work on the most important, unsolved cases. Finding terror suspects and predicting attacks would be very high up on the U.S. government's list. Why aren't we hearing about notable cases being solved and terrorists being apprehended due to the work of psychics? There just hasn't been enough convincing evidence for these institutions to want to hire psychics on any serious basis.

Think about it. If these powers exist, then they've been around for as long as humans have. If they existed and were really all that useful, societies would have discovered ways to utilize them and they wouldn't be considered fringe beliefs at all at this point in history.

Edit: Sorry to the OP for getting so off topic.

Edited by Cybele

Not even going to go into the possibility that spirits may not exist.

Why exactly would you want to do this?

For proof, obviously. I feel the same way as he does. After a while, though, you realize that all these methods people say they have been able to use to contact spirits, like Ouija Boards, channeling, etc. don't really work at all when you try them for yourself. The best a person can hope for, in my opinion, is a highly subjective experience that isn't really proof of anything external at all.