Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do I invite evil spirits to my home?

Sakari

Everybody has powers .. just depends on what you believe and how you use them.

• Like 3

Who said Sakari is the ONLY skeptic who tried it? That seem one sided, I tried a few myself and even had a few friends who believe in it try it to examine results.

I know you are new here because there is a lot of threads that were deleted from skeptics and believers who end up debunking those who make those claims of being gifted. You don't see those thread because mods remove them.

Maybe if you read as many threads that been created here, then you have some ground to argue. Heck, read this entire thread and you see even the gifted arguing with other believers about the legitimately of their so called powers.

So yes I am sticking two the 4 catagories but there is always a subcatagory.

:tu:

Everybody has powers .. just depends on what you believe and how you use them.

Now Brian has to add " you must believe " one more notch.....

• Like 1

Much like there's people who try it out and it works :tu: but oh wait, I forgot... they're liars or mentally retarded, right? :whistle: maybe us "believers" should use that line for the people it doesn't work for?

Any evidence to back this up?....Any at all?

Anyone of them willing to meet me in person and show me how?..Better yet, do it while I am present?.....Or any other " skeptic ", or better yet, a Professor?

Lets just stick to the easy part.....Any evidence to back this up?

I have plenty that it does not. And as stated, I am not the only one who tried.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Works both ways... do you have any evidence to prove to me that what I and others experience isn't what we think it is? I don't think you do, do you? I know you're a bit butthurt about my comments towards America, but you don't need to follow every topic I post in, with your classic M.O. of ridicule.

There's plenty of evidence out there, though I'm sure anything in video/photograph format is going to be called fake, am I right? What evidence do you want, exactly? Why don't you act like a real investigator and instead of trying to get evidence over a forum where nothing will satisfy you, get out there and go where phenomenon supposedly takes place. Go to a few spiritualist churches and get talking to people, let 'em know the answers you're after, and I'm you're sure to find to some people willing to let you investigate supposed haunted places. Then you can do whatever tests or experiments you want because we both know I, nor anybody else, can give you evidence over the Internet that'll even kick that skeptic mind even into an open minded gear.

For one, I am not following you.....I have been active in those topics well before you, and I follow those topics. And, if you have not noticed, I started this topic.

Your comment was not about America, you made a comment using victims of 9/11 as a comparison to a Whale topic.....You are sick bud.

Back on topic, although I am not sure I will respond to you after the 9/11 comment.....

I want evidence, not talk. I have done what you ask, read the topic.

If I have not, tell me what to do...

Evidence, give me solid evidence. If you have it, give it to your local University, then there will be no need for me to ask for it, as it will surely be big news.

I am serious, I, and many others, are tired of the talk, we want evidence.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Sakari, have you tried doing hand-palm readings to people? Try learning it like any subject at school, take the attitute it's you who still has a lot to learn, as if you were in an elementary class. It all boils down to basics.. from looking at your chart, I'd say you could be a very prominent hand palm reader. Just learning the basics of it and giving people readings and seeing if you'd get them right or not, and asking the experts in that field (yes, those who have done hand-palm reading more and are considered to be more professional among those who give credit to that field) if you missed something there. I had mine read once, it was actually pretty accurate, though she could had read me in other ways too probably (like the way you can tell things about people's birthcharts of astrology by getting to know with them).

Google picture search might actually be a good place to start.. not relying only on one source and following your gut-feeling in what is right or more on the mark there has worked for me when starting studying something.

http://www.wikihow.com/Read-Palms

http://chineseastrol...ing/default.htm

edit: you might get the hang of it at the first times or likely get it work by just following the techniques, but dont expect to be good at it without some practise. Raising your profound insight in these fields takes studying, practise and seeing through your own mistakes and such in that field.

Edited by Mikko-kun

Yes, it's okay to slaughter animals, human life is more valuable - I know, I know, if having compassion for animals is sick, call me sick :tu: you're the one who wants the evidence, get off your ass and do some work in discovering it for yourself. You don't ask a Christian to prove there is a God, or do you? You either accept people have their own belief system or go out there and prove them wrong.

I, and others, have nothing to prove to you. It's you who wants to dispute it.

Again, read the topic.....I have.

I called you sick for using 9/11 victims as a comparrison to slaughtering chickens......Drop it all ready.

• Like 1

:tu:

Now Brian has to add " you must believe " one more notch.....

You already believe and act according to your beliefs.. your powers are also excerted through those means. Theres nothing super-powerish to it... it just is what it is. You might be a skeptic but that is your world, good job on protecting your borders.

You already believe and act according to your beliefs.. your powers are also excerted through those means. Theres nothing super-powerish to it... it just is what it is. You might be a skeptic but that is your world, good job on protecting your borders.

I do not " believe " in things.

I " know " things.

If I do not know about something, I learn about it. Until I learn about it, I do not " know ".....I never believe in something with blind faith.

Big difference.

• Like 1

Who said Sakari is the ONLY skeptic who tried it? That seem one sided, I tried a few myself and even had a few friends who believe in it try it to examine results.

*snip

So yes I am sticking two the 4 catagories but there is always a subcatagory.

Like I think I said earlier in this thread, I was sceptical until I started to find out for myself. But I used methods that just seemed logical and it was/is like an ongoing experiment(I started summoning in dreams in 2001). So I wanted to explore for myself and not believe anyone. I tend to not believe anything unless I see/experience it for myself. So many would probably assume I'm just a believer but the truth is I'm probably more sceptical than you guys. I'm even sceptical that Sakari(or others) have actually bothered trying half of these techniques. I mean fair enough yeah considering we've never seen any evidence of it. So I think being sceptical is in my nature.

The ones who claim to be gifted fall into four catagories.

A) They like to advertise, brag and openly talk as if they know what they are talking about. They are the ones who reply to almost every thread and have a rediculas high post count over a month, more than even the members who been active for years here. The people who claim they are gifted want to feel special, admired or want to feel they have control of their "life" and even convince themselves to the point that they swear to their grave.

When it comes down to the crunch when people here ask questions about these so called claims, the "gifted" would pull the "I don't need to prove you any thing" card and expect that to sit in the water, except it floats like oil.

B) They want to convince people they he or she is gifted and go far to try and make a buck, such as selling haunted items or buying their merchandise etc. It doesn't last very long here.

C) Certain people at some point will admit secretly or even in openl to having mental health problems, some even say that their mental health problem is the true cause of their gift. We had one guy who posted he was biopolar and is cronic depressed and was able to see into the souls of people and know when they die and can do it by looking at people photos.

D) People who are amature writers and testing their creativity here. They the ones who post a couple of posts and vanish. Most the time those stories go in par with the movies or popular books or tv shows or even internet stories (Slanderman).

Anyway I also want to touch on this above. I don't like being put into some shallow category. I certainly don't come under A. I'd have more posts and I don't often reply to threads. I also generally sit on the fence because I'm still discovering for myself and if I wanted to feel special I'd offer to PM people my advice all the time. (That makes me cringe hey.. no offense to others that do it. Do what you want, we are all different but it makes me cringe).

I'm also not in B. B people annoy the hell outta me and in order to be in B you have to be more sociable for starters. lol. I also cant stand hippie crystal shops that sell crap(dream catchers and even books etc). I look at them as try hards selling new age junk to older ladies. (again no offense if anyone loves those places.. each to their own)

C, I only admit to being anxious around others and that has nothing to do with lucid dreaming and calling spirits in them. Others may try to place me in mental health categories but that doesn't make it a fact(because nobody knows me enough to do it) . So that only shows a.. flaw in the people who are willing to do that to someone.

And D. Quite simply I find no honour in telling stories/lies. I've said it before, the only lie I've ever typed online was that Metallica sucked(I said this years ago around 2003, pretty sure thats the only one) and I only did that because I had listened to them for years and had moved on and the guy I said it too was a nob who didn't shut up about them(I was grumpy that day). So it was a heat of the moment thing that yes.. was a lie cause they don't suck. Forgive me :nw:

*Oh man I just noticed.. you started with...... " The ones who claim to be gifted fall into four catagories".....

But I've never claimed to be gifted(I don't think I have anyway.. have I anyone?). So all that above was pointless. Oh well, I might as well post it now anyway.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

I " know " things.

If I do not know about something, I learn about it. Until I learn about it, I do not " know ".....I never believe in something with blind faith.

Big difference.

The problem is when you act (and have said before) that you know the paranormal doesn't exist. Because you don't. You believe it doesn't. And it's not blind faith, just as most of the people who disagree with you don't have blind faith. They, and you, chose a different opinion based on the information they've collected and chosen to give credence to. Why do you make them sound like imbeciles when your opinion is no more proven than theirs? Because you tried what people suggested here in minor detail in passing and didn't have anything happen? What proof. No, this is a c*** waving contest. It's so arrogant.

You should do a scientific test now. Go outside tonight and toss a rock out into the street. Wait to hear the sound of it hitting a duck. If you don't hear any duck being hit, it's safe to assume ducks don't exist, right?

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

I " know " things.

Big difference.

Me too

• Like 1

I get 2 days off a week. Saturday and Sunday. I on my second month of a 90 day probation. ( new job ). I will not be able to take 4 days off in a row for another year. ( vacation ).

You hiring? :tu:

As soon as I'm rich I'll higher you to take me around the world and be my fishing guide. 🐟but I'm afraid you might scare all the spirits away 😄.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Sakari,

You said you want to investigate these things. Whether you "know" or don't know what is real or isn't, if you want to seriously investigate these things, listen to the people who have experience with it. It's pretty conclusive to science that we're far from understanding in any depth how the mind works. For something like a Ouija Board, you have to believe it's going to work on some level, that's just the way it is. You're sending out an invitation to the spirit world - that invitation isn't being sent if you don't even believe what you're doing. Your belief is the invitation, if you want to look at it like that. Your best bet is investigating already haunted places, and lots of them, since spirit already reside there and belief isn't such an issue.

I think an open minded investigator makes better than a skeptic one though...

Throughout this thread I did exactly what you are saying. Even before this thread I tried things. I hacked up a Bible with a chainsaw. ( long story ) Now, you are also saying " one must believe ".....This is why I know some of the claims are psychological. The rest, I will say again, are liars, have a medical condition, or misinterpeted things.

The problem is when you act (and have said before) that you know the paranormal doesn't exist. Because you don't. You believe it doesn't. And it's not blind faith, just as most of the people who disagree with you don't have blind faith. They, and you, chose a different opinion based on the information they've collected and chosen to give credence to. Why do you make them sound like imbeciles when your opinion is no more proven than theirs? Because you tried what people suggested here in minor detail in passing and didn't have anything happen? What proof. No, this is a c*** waving contest. It's so arrogant.

You should do a scientific test now. Go outside tonight and toss a rock out into the street. Wait to hear the sound of it hitting a duck. If you don't hear any duck being hit, it's safe to assume ducks don't exist, right?

Wait, it does exist. In peoples minds.

I know it does not exist as in a real physical thing.

If I do not hear a duck getting hit, I would go about 1/4 of a mile to Floras lake and feed them.....I do not live near a road.

And, this is / was not a c*** waving contest. I have no need for that. It is explained why I made this thread numerous times. I would LOVE more then anything to experience what people claim, I truly would. Even a damned Demon.

As soon as I'm rich I'll higher you to take me around the world and be my fishing guide. but I'm afraid you might scare all the spirits away .

Sounds like a plan. My wife apprenticed under a executive chef, hire her as a personal chef, pay her enough, and I will not need to work. Then our fishing outings will be more as friends, and not as a job.....I think fishing would suck once it became a job.

• Like 1

It is explained why I made this thread numerous times. I would LOVE more then anything to experience what people claim, I truly would. Even a damned Demon.

The problem I have with that statement is that we all have seen pages upon pages of your statements and replies showing otherwise. That stance might have been more believable if only reading page 1, but the true nature of your agenda (too strong a word, but best I could find) started to pan out reading more and more. You struggle with a self fulfilling desire we all do.

The need to be right.

But I tihnk it's safe at this point to drop the innocent 'I really want to see these things and just can't figure out how' angle, and come out with 'they don't exist and I'm trying to prove it here to show you that you are wrong'. People even marginally adept at reading between lines have already heard you say this upon most every reply to this thread anyway. Why keep up the facade?

• Like 1

The problem I have with that statement is that we all have seen pages upon pages of your statements and replies showing otherwise. That stance might have been more believable if only reading page 1, but the true nature of your agenda (too strong a word, but best I could find) started to pan out reading more and more. You struggle with a self fulfilling desire we all do.

The need to be right.

But I tihnk it's safe at this point to drop the innocent 'I really want to see these things and just can't figure out how' angle, and come out with 'they don't exist and I'm trying to prove it here to show you that you are wrong'. People even marginally adept at reading between lines have already heard you say this upon most every reply to this thread anyway. Why keep up the facade?

I am doing both.

And I have no need to be right.....

Pious fraud is one of the hardest things a skeptic has to deal with. This is a situation where someone invents a story or some other form of evidence in order to convince others of the truth of their beliefs.

There is no doubt in the person's mind of the truth, and it is important to them that others also believe. Hence there comes the fraud, not seen as a fraud but seen as a tool to save the other person from their disbelief. Over time the fraud can even become a firm memory.

What does a skeptic do when presented with this? Is the person lying? Well, yes and no, but asserting that it is all a lie achieves nothing, and sours the milk. Compassion demands that one try to be respectful, not mocking, even though the story may be inherently ridiculous. Indirectly and carefully educating the person about the compulsive nature of belief can help.

Asking questions designed to bring out the absurdity or incongruity or inconsistency of the story must be done carefully Usually it is best to just bypass the story and take on the belief itself more directly, planting seeds of doubt.

We are not entitled to have beliefs. We are finite beings who are not capable of "knowing" anything with certitude. We are only entitled to opinions -- opinions we may have with more or less but never complete certainty.

• Like 1

We are not entitled to have beliefs. We are finite beings who are not capable of "knowing" anything with certitude. We are only entitled to opinions -- opinions we may have with more or less but never complete certainty.

We are entitled to experiences that have already happened. Let's say the first one makes you think to yourself WTF? The next one makes you think: maybe there is something to this. Then that kind of thing happens say four times a year for ten years or so, and you notice how each experience is accurate in one way or another--explaining a situation or predicting the future. So we are not just talking about the drama of the experience but accurate results. Then the dog starts to react to something you thought only you could see. Now you are back to WTF? Then an absolute non-believer buys a house in the area and gets psychically attacked, while alone, (full body apparitions included) to the point of brain damage--this undermines his impeccable credibility and ruins the rest of his life...(tragedy).He was an old exoteric philosopher who could in no way handle what he was suddenly experiencing. This goes well beyond WTF...

Notice how there is no making up of anything and all doubts were utterly destroyed over time. No belief was required and things became known, eventually.

• Like 1

I would wonder about all these testimonies. Some of them my well be outright fraud, others pious fraud, others hysteria or other emotional reactions, others misunderstandings or misinterpretations, and others putting two and two together when one is apples and the other oranges.

I repeat: we are finite beings who are not capable of "knowing" anything. We are far too prone to mistake, wishful thinking, lying, to ever be believed on testimony of things that are outre. At best we take it as what the person says happened, no more.

I might add, there is always hearsay to add to the list of reasons to doubt. You tell me all these things as pure theoreticals, not as actual events with police reports and sworn affidavits and so on, and in a context where there is no possibility to ask my own questions. It won't do.

Pious fraud is one of the hardest things a skeptic has to deal with. This is a situation where someone invents a story or some other form of evidence in order to convince others of the truth of their beliefs.

I have never made up anything to convince others of what I believe. I have become convinced of what I "know" because of what I have experienced. I have no aim in convincing others in what I "believe". I know others have thier own experiences and their own beliefs because of their own environments. I cannot deny myself and my own truth for their benefit, or for anyone who would claim I made something up just to convince them of it. That is ubsurd in my opinion.

There is no doubt in the person's mind of the truth, and it is important to them that others also believe. Hence there comes the fraud, not seen as a fraud but seen as a tool to save the other person from their disbelief. Over time the fraud can even become a firm memory.

I think that people who cannot understand what another has gone through would attribute to their testimony as a fraud because it is outside of their realm of understanding. They think that it is because they want others to be convinced of what they believe but the truth is that they are actually testifying of what they have seen/heard/experienced. People come up with many fanciful things to deny others their truths... this is not thier fault all the time, they just don't know what else to do.

What does a skeptic do when presented with this? Is the person lying? Well, yes and no, but asserting that it is all a lie achieves nothing, and sours the milk. Compassion demands that one try to be respectful, not mocking, even though the story may be inherently ridiculous. Indirectly and carefully educating the person about the compulsive nature of belief can help.

Inherently ridiculous is in the eyes of the beholder.

Asking questions designed to bring out the absurdity or incongruity or inconsistency of the story must be done carefully Usually it is best to just bypass the story and take on the belief itself more directly, planting seeds of doubt.

Questions should be asked to bring about understanding, not to ridicule others, discretly or otherwise... As humans we do know some things, and these are based on what life has given us, but most things are a mystery.

edit: it is interesting how you wish to plant seeds of doubt to peoples experiences and memories...

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

Questions should be asked to bring about understanding, not to ridicule others, discretly or otherwise... As humans we do know some things, and these are based on what life has given us, but most things are a mystery.

Good statement :)

As for the bold, I have to disagree with that. Of course, a lot of things may not have answers yet, but not most. I think as educated humans, we have a lot of things figured out, if not most.

• Like 1

Good statement :)

As for the bold, I have to disagree with that. Of course, a lot of things may not have answers yet, but not most. I think as educated humans, we have a lot of things figured out, if not most.

and you are probably one of the fortunate ones that knows more than most....

I repeat: we are finite beings who are not capable of "knowing" anything. We are far too prone to mistake, wishful thinking, lying, to ever be believed on testimony of things that are outre. At best we take it as what the person says happened, no more.

Then because people die they cannot learn? Do you see the absurdity of your statement? If you believe what you say then you know nothing, so why say anything? If you were a skeptic you would not make declarative statements about what you do not know.

I think as educated humans, we have a lot of things figured out, if not most.

What?!

• Like 1

What?!

What are you asking?