Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do I invite evil spirits to my home?

Sakari

My experience would hardly qualify as something of interest compared to the amount of very wicked accounts found here. The only reason it is was significant to me, is I'm still not sure exactly "what" I experienced.

That and it peeked my interest in the various fields of "paranormal research" but sadly as I started reading more and more information (even before the internets!) I came the to the sad realization that there isn't too much actual scientific research going on.

Honestly, even as a skeptic, I wish the scientific community was abit less dismissive of the subject, and would atleast do a bit more serious research. But, it's hard to push for this as the current lack of evidence or repeatable events really doesn't support the number of claims out there.

Getting back on topic, over the years numerous posters have talked about summoning spirits and tons of threads with very solemn and well intentioned posters giving stern warnings to those about to play Ouija (milton-Bradely TM) you would think someone could "help" Sakari in this endeavor.

I do like this new line of demon apologists who are saying... "demons are super serial patient and they will mess your life up gradually through awful events...like cancer...car crashes etc etc."

That's awesome, are those demons also responsible when we win the lotto and get a free cheeseburger from the side of our McDonald's cup? Stuff happens, alot of it bad, trying to tie that to playing ouiija or some such is pretty weak.

And the demons don't want to be found out, they need to be sneaky while subverting us. That makes some sense honestly, very much the classic fictional MO of demons, corrupt from the behind the scenes, like in Terry Brooks Void & the Word series.

Edited by CakeOrDeath

That and it peeked my interest in the various fields of "paranormal research" but sadly as I started reading more and more information (even before the internets!) I came the to the sad realization that there isn't too much actual scientific research going on.

That's why I thought you might like the book linked above (from a review):

"Initially, carter takes the reader through the history of parapsychology, then discusses the experiments of J. B. Rhine, who moved the field into the laboratory. Rhine developed the methods still used today for statistical investigation of psi phenomenon. By 1940 ~1 million card guessing trials had been done using his card-guessing methods, with statistically significant results shown in 27 of the 33 published experiments...

...Carter then goes on to discuss the skeptics. They form the only international political lobbying group seeking to shut down scientific investigation of a field. Their organization is called CSICOP (The Committee for the Scientific Investigation of the Paranormal), and their publication is The Skeptical Inquirer. While they bill their publication as the only outlet for scientific evaluation of paranormal claims, it is anything but scientific. Skeptic Elizabeth Mayer describes it this way:

Reading The Skeptical Inquirer was like reading a fundamentalist religious tract. I found the journal dismayingly snide, regularly punctuated by sarcasm, self-congratulation, and nastiness, all parading as reverence for true science..."

Etc. etc. etc. it was like that back in the days of Blavatsky and beyond, but now the proof is available. It was good to read that the tables have turned (pun intended).

I do like this new line of demon apologists who are saying... "demons are super serial patient and they will mess your life up gradually through awful events...like cancer...car crashes etc etc."

That's awesome, are those demons also responsible when we win the lotto and get a free cheeseburger from the side of our McDonald's cup? Stuff happens, alot of it bad, trying to tie that to playing ouiija or some such is pretty weak.

And the demons don't want to be found out, they need to be sneaky while subverting us. That makes some sense honestly, very much the classic fictional MO of demons, corrupt from the behind the scenes, like in Terry Brooks Void & the Word series.

It is because demons are testing and challenging believer's faith. It is all about discerning and identifying the Enemy and all of his attacks. Where sceptics see the ordinary and mundane, believers identify spiritual beneath its veneer.

If Sakari or yourself has had experiences, it's news to me, I don't read everything on the forum. I'll be sure to look out to read them. And if I do, maybe I should ridicule, talk down to, call a liar and suggest mental illness since that's all I see around these forums. Skepticism is one thing, ridicule and instant dismissal is another.

http://www.unexplain...pic=203763&st=0

There you go, feel free to ridicule all you want. I am not the type to try to convince anyone of my experiences being real or not. I do not care if people believe it or not. I am not seeking attention.

If you want an example of why we need our skeptics - look into the thread about statue thingy that moves, I almost bought in to that one, the guy actually tried to recruit one of our resident skeptics to say "yup this is realz" and the hoaxer actually posted the statue on ebay.

Thanks to the skeptic, this charlatan was exposed and he saved some very strong believers a good bit of money and embarassment.

Here is the bizarre statue thread....I highly suggest you read it. I ( the bad skeptic ) could have made $5,000.00 with this guy. Thing is, I have respect for others. You might enjoy how some hated me for being a skeptic, and how at the end, when I reveal the truth, after scamming the scammer, they did not bother to say thank you......

God read......And, your welcome.

Here is a little teaser from the thread....Link is below that.

Everyone better thank Sakari for taking the time to expose a Pathetic Fraud on our site, trying to sucker people into this.

Sakari gave up making money with this amature scam artist too, just to have this thread Come Clean basically.

Thanks Sakari :tu: As he's shown, sometimes it pays (or almost does), to be skeptical of things. Otherwise, who would know how long this guys little charade would be going on, trying to take advantage of our site and members.

http://www.unexplain...pic=189044&st=0

Edited by Sakari

Well, this sceptic's thread does not impress me at all. An internet forum ISO is all it is.

A) And given the fact, I am not entirely sure anyone is capable of reproducing their experiences onto another person.

B) And if there are individuals that can invoke demons, well, they are probably part of a secret society and may have no interest at all in the UM forum. Otherwise, perhaps they would have given a thread like this a shot already. Or they simply would not ever consider it for the dangers it may pose and/or they do not want to squander privilages, blessings, and the ability to have abit more additional control over their lives.

@ B Jenkins, I see what your saying, and kind of agree, if someone truly does possess such power they probably aren't volunteering their service to Sakarai via interwebs, so point taken. However, if you have been a forum resident here for any length of time, you have probably seen the countless threads about people "summonin spirits" "calling and recording ghosts" and of course my favorite, "warning those without proper skillz who try to summon spirits" via ouija game boards.

Also, in case you missed it Sakari, thanks again for exposing that fraud, and other contributions you have made here. :clap: I'm not gonna lie, even though most folks think I'm one of the "typical" resident skeptics, I'm not NEARLY as smart as the "real" skeptics here, and I was really close to belief during the early-mid part of that thread with the statue.

• Like 1

What if the negative placebo was so massive that you could actually summon a demon if you exercised yourself to that extent? I'd imagine you'd have to twist your will and mind in a very lovecraftian fashion... the rarely-talked about phenomena Tulpa sounded very much like this, mental projection that came more and more real the more you kept projecting it. And to project it, you need to believe stronger and stronger, because that's the basis of placebo. Believe as in observe it to be true, real, the same thing as your next door lady walking her dog, and strengthen that belief. It's really hard to find proper words for it to people with completely different mindsets, and I dont even know if that'd work, but doesn't that sound just logical?

edit: and I believe it's not about how strongly you believe, but what kind of belief you have, the quality of your belief, veeeeeery much so. Because I've found that we can have very different methods and levels of believing, veeery much so. I think the most effort should be made in getting to terms with your natural tendencies in the way you form a blind faith in things, getting into more natural, deeper and sincere levels there, and seeking the strength of belief through there.. not with a lazy mind, but one that probes and seeks to observe what it does not know.

Edited by Mikko-kun

@ B Jenkins, I see what your saying, and kind of agree, if someone truly does possess such power they probably aren't volunteering their service to Sakarai via interwebs, so point taken. However, if you have been a forum resident here for any length of time, you have probably seen the countless threads about people "summonin spirits" "calling and recording ghosts" and of course my favorite, "warning those without proper skillz who try to summon spirits" via ouija ™ game boards.

Also, in case you missed it Sakari, thanks again for exposing that fraud, and other contributions you have made here. :clap: I'm not gonna lie, even though most folks think I'm one of the "typical" resident skeptics, I'm not NEARLY as smart as the "real" skeptics here, and I was really close to belief during the early-mid part of that thread with the statue.

My personal favorite was " The Demon Hunter ".....Can not really go into specifics, not sure if you remember that. It was a animl planet show, and the " star " of the show came here and made a topic......Long story short, the frauds were again exposed, A link to Discovery Channels Head Ofiices was posted on a few sites, and the show never got another episode.

The thread was closed unfortunatley.

Although, the outcome was awesome.

That is something I am very proud of.

Edited by Sakari

Most skeptics are not smart at all, at least on this forum. Don't need brains to ridicule someone.

Considering this statement and how many ridiculing statements you have made on this forum.. I guess that would mean you have very little brains indeed. Instead of giving an intelligent argument, or adding information to the thread, you chose to ridicule every skeptic on UM- and not just the people in this thread. Most sections in UM have skeptics, and you just ridiculed them all. Perhaps including people who you haven't even read a single comment on yet. You are on this forum, being skeptical of and ridiculing, so that would mean you aren't smart at all either.

I know you are a total newbie to UM. Perhaps it would be wise to read up a bit on what is here before you cast judgement on a whole lot of folks that are quite intelligent, and have gained and given tons of knowledge over years on UM. Perhaps in a few years, you will have a better understanding of the difference between a skeptic and a person who ridicules. Though goodness, your commentary of 21 days is a sad indication of what your commentary will be with a couple years experience, if you survive and bother to stick around that long.

I'm just making this as a statement to you boy. If you choose to reply to it or quote it, please know I will not respond since it derails the thread even further. If you have a problem with my statement, please contact me via PM and I will be more than happy to discuss it. Or report me to the mods and we can go from there too.

Yep mods, please snip that whole bit and give me a dressing down if I wandered to far into breaking rules land. I know darn well I'm being improper.

Now, back to the thread.... Do you have any useful information to add boy? Perhaps something you have tried to raise spirits that you can give a personal account on? Or something that has been suggested in this thread that you tried and in your experience does not work?

And note to Sakari... Got a couple more tidbits for you to try out if you like. More folklore than anything else...

A couple things to help your fishing. Who knows, maybe you could get a recordable result, as in more fish than normal caught. :)

You could try using wish paper- Make your wish on the paper for more fish, and meditate on it about getting more fish. Then toss the paper into the water with the notion in mind that it will attract more fish. Some tales call for tossing the paper, some call for burning it to ash and scattering the ashes.

Try stringing up a small windchime or bells in your favorite fishing spot- it's supposed to attract the lucky spirits of the woods, and they might be kind enough to tickle fish in your direction. Casting fresh bread or blossoms into the water is purported to be helpful as well. On a really gross note, try casting your fish guts to the water for luck- though I think if you get more fish, it might be more to bait factor rather than spooky factor.

You could try "communing" with a totem animal noted for being good fishers. Supposed to be able to help you with your fishing luck. I'm really not sure how one is supposed to go about doing this.

And this was a weird one passed along to me by a friend, has nothing to do with fish. Fill the bathtub for a nice hot soak with the door closed so your bathroom steams up, and while you are doing so, "bless" the water. This is supposed to encourage the spirits to dance in the steam of your bathroom. I think they are supposed to be cleaning themselves, though my friend was really not making any sense about that part. From what they said, this is supposed to work in a sauna or sweat lodge, the kind where you have to pour water on rocks rather than piped steam- you bless the water, and invite the spirits to dance with every splash on the rocks. It does not work with a shower because all the water keeps running and flowing away, apparently that is not working for the blessed water stuff.

I searched this thread and it didn't come up, though I might have mentioned it and I'm just not searching correctly. But maybe try a dumb supper. On particular days when the veil is thin or critters are traveling, they are purported to be attracted by dumb suppers. Basically putting out food for spooky folks to feast on. Heh, if you do it outside for the wee folk, you might not catch anything spooky, but you might see some wonderful wildlife action.

Another weird one, from a neighbor... They swear that if you don't dispose of a horse properly, the horses ghost will come back. They say that if your horse dies or has to be put down, bury it. If you try to compost it, it will stick around. Really, apparently some folks put their horse corpses into huge manure piles on the back 40 to rot away, and purportedly those places get more weird in the barns and stables than folks that bury. So, depending on how much horse action you got going on by you.. perhaps that could be a lead. I'm not suggesting you do anything to horses, but if you got neighbors that do such a thing..

Edit: spelling error

Edited by rashore
  • Like 1

Considering this statement and how many ridiculing statements you have made on this forum.. I guess that would mean you have very little brains indeed.

You should have stopped there, as you are wrong in that assumption, and are just continuing a cycle of wrongs trying to be right: calling each other unintelligent for differing opinions, and arguing from hurt feelings and/or pride.

And it seems all of your suggestions to induct something are all just multiple ways to hone one powerful tool: intent, which is something I have trouble believing Sakari is willing to honestly use to get down and do a little TCB (taking care of business) here. He has claimed to have intent in experiencing something paranormal firsthand, but then talks highly about the times he proved something wasn't paranormal, and says this is the dual purpose of his thread. Two contrasting intents don't work. Therefore, how can anyone believe he wants to truly experience something for himself, while also trying to show it doesn't exist? For this reason, none of your suggestions would be of any worth, but they were interesting ones that I believe can probably work if done honestly. He has a belief that these things don't exist in the way he perceives other people talking about them. He has to honestly, and most likely subconsciously, suspend that to gain any true intent otherwise. Good luck with that.

You should have stopped there, as you are wrong in that assumption, and are just continuing a cycle of wrongs trying to be right: calling each other unintelligent for differing opinions, and arguing from hurt feelings and/or pride.

And it seems all of your suggestions to induct something are all just multiple ways to hone one powerful tool: intent, which is something I have trouble believing Sakari is willing to honestly use to get down and do a little TCB (taking care of business) here. He has claimed to have intent in experiencing something paranormal firsthand, but then talks highly about the times he proved something wasn't paranormal, and says this is the dual purpose of his thread. Two contrasting intents don't work. Therefore, how can anyone believe he wants to truly experience something for himself, while also trying to show it doesn't exist? For this reason, none of your suggestions would be of any worth, but they were interesting ones that I believe can probably work if done honestly. He has a belief that these things don't exist in the way he perceives other people talking about them. He has to honestly, and most likely subconsciously, suspend that to gain any true intent otherwise. Good luck with that.

Well, either people will believe that I am a honest person, and do want to experience these things.

Or, they can think I am lying, and want nothing to do with them at all.

You, as anyone has their right to a opinion. And really, I could care less what side of the fence you are on.

For the bold.....I know they do not exist in the way others claim them to. I also know they can not be summoned, nor can they be scared away with a circle of salt, or burning sage, because they only exist in ones mind.

You are saying I need to " believe ", only using other words.

None of that matters, as said, I can care less if people " believe " I am honest or not.....Not like I am claiming a supernatural power, or being able to talk to ghosts. I have just tried to invite them to my home. Not really that big of a claim if you ask me, anyone can try it for themselves.

No, you don't.

There you go with the ridicule again.

No ridicule there at all. I made a reply. If I were to ridicule, you, and everyone would know it, as I do not sugar coat anything.

Notice, I did not reply to your post ridiculing " skeptics" earlier. That was a good example of the word " ridicule ". ( and that is pointing something out, not ridiculing )

I have better things to do then explain ridiculing, and explaining very clear posts to people that read into them. I would say sorrry if you felt my reply was bad, but I am not. I posted to another members quote, not yours. If I had anything to say to any of your replies, I would have quoted them

This topic is not about " whom ridicules whom, and how do we decipher replies ".....It is titled " How do I invite evil spirits to my home ".

Hope you are having a great weekend...... :tu:

You can PM me anytime you want, as you know I do not reply to those any different then I do here. That way, the threads do not get off track also.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

And note to Sakari... Got a couple more tidbits for you to try out if you like. More folklore than anything else...

A couple things to help your fishing. Who knows, maybe you could get a recordable result, as in more fish than normal caught. :)

You could try using wish paper- Make your wish on the paper for more fish, and meditate on it about getting more fish. Then toss the paper into the water with the notion in mind that it will attract more fish. Some tales call for tossing the paper, some call for burning it to ash and scattering the ashes.

Try stringing up a small windchime or bells in your favorite fishing spot- it's supposed to attract the lucky spirits of the woods, and they might be kind enough to tickle fish in your direction. Casting fresh bread or blossoms into the water is purported to be helpful as well. On a really gross note, try casting your fish guts to the water for luck- though I think if you get more fish, it might be more to bait factor rather than spooky factor.

You could try "communing" with a totem animal noted for being good fishers. Supposed to be able to help you with your fishing luck. I'm really not sure how one is supposed to go about doing this.

And this was a weird one passed along to me by a friend, has nothing to do with fish. Fill the bathtub for a nice hot soak with the door closed so your bathroom steams up, and while you are doing so, "bless" the water. This is supposed to encourage the spirits to dance in the steam of your bathroom. I think they are supposed to be cleaning themselves, though my friend was really not making any sense about that part. From what they said, this is supposed to work in a sauna or sweat lodge, the kind where you have to pour water on rocks rather than piped steam- you bless the water, and invite the spirits to dance with every splash on the rocks. It does not work with a shower because all the water keeps running and flowing away, apparently that is not working for the blessed water stuff.

I searched this thread and it didn't come up, though I might have mentioned it and I'm just not searching correctly. But maybe try a dumb supper. On particular days when the veil is thin or critters are traveling, they are purported to be attracted by dumb suppers. Basically putting out food for spooky folks to feast on. Heh, if you do it outside for the wee folk, you might not catch anything spooky, but you might see some wonderful wildlife action.

Another weird one, from a neighbor... They swear that if you don't dispose of a horse properly, the horses ghost will come back. They say that if your horse dies or has to be put down, bury it. If you try to compost it, it will stick around. Really, apparently some folks put their horse corpses into huge manure piles on the back 40 to rot away, and purportedly those places get more weird in the barns and stables than folks that bury. So, depending on how much horse action you got going on by you.. perhaps that could be a lead. I'm not suggesting you do anything to horses, but if you got neighbors that do such a thing..

Edit: spelling error

I will try anything to catch more fish! .....Springers in May, and Kings in October......Will be ash though, I could not live with myself throwing litter into a prestine river. ( any river or place for that matter )

• Like 1

I'm not going to read 139 pages, but all I can say is why the hell would you want "evil" spirits in your home.

Sounds really crazy to me, no offense.

• Like 1

This thread should just die. I find it hard to believe its still going . Just my two sense .

• Like 2

"No ridicule there at all."

I disagree. Very few people go around claiming to have "supernatural powers" or that they "talk to ghosts" (and I certainly haven't). That's your way of trying to mock people who do have experiences with your typical "I know better than you, you nutcase" attitude.

"Notice, I did not reply to your post ridiculing " skeptics" earlier. That was a good example of the word " ridicule "."

I disagree again, merely my observation of some "skeptics" on this forum, yourself and rashore included.

"I have better things to do then explain ridiculing, and explaining very clear posts to people that read into them. I would say sorrry if you felt my reply was bad, but I am not. I posted to another members quote, not yours. If I had anything to say to any of your replies, I would have quoted them"

Fortunately, I'm already aware of the meaning of ridicule, so there's no need anyway. Rest assured I also have better things to do than to sit and spend ridiculous amounts of time reading into your posts, it looks like I'm not the only one who interprets them this way. Please do direct me to the rules of the forum that states I am not allowed to post in a topic if I am not directly quoted or spoken to. I wasn't aware that I wasn't allowed to post if this was not in place.

"This topic is not about " whom ridicules whom, and how do we decipher replies ".....It is titled " How do I invite evil spirits to my home "."

Call it what you like, this thread was made to ridicule people who have genuine experiences and I'm evidently not the only one who reads it that way. I'm flabbergasted a mod hasn't deleted it or locked it. Mind you, I've seen much less subtle ridicule around here and apparently it's welcome.

"Hope you are having a great weekend......"

It's been cosmic thus far, thanks!

"You can PM me anytime you want, as you know I do not reply to those any different then I do here. That way, the threads do not get off track also."

Not sure why I keep getting invited to private conversations. I wouldn't say anything, or to anyone, that I wouldn't publicly. You should note I haven't knocked your thread off track, you claimed you know these spirits don't exist, I disagreed that you know anything. I'm surprised rashore's ridiculous post isn't labeled as off topic but mine is. Well, not really.

Did you undertake any of my suggestions yet? Don't worry, that's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.

All I can say is everyone has a right to their opinion.

I can also assure you, I did not make this thread to ridicule anyone, I made it ( it has been explained numerous times ) because of all of the claims ( and they still keep coming ) of people claiming to have these things, and people telling them how to get rid of them.

I have NO issues with anyone stating " I believe this to be "........I have issues with people claiming their belief is fact, and stating they " know " things. Yet, when asked to give some evidence, they can not do it.

I especially have issues when people ask for legitimate answers to issues they have. They can ( and many times have ) been medical issues, that some people try to convince them that it is " paranormal "......This is my biggest thing that bothers me.

Anyway, I can only give you my word that I mean no ridicule to anyone on this topic, I have been blunt, and I have looked for evidence, from the " pros "....I have only asked for proof that I can find, and report out from claiments...

As for others conversations with you, I stay out of those. You can use the report button, as anyone can. I have had more then my share of wasted arguments here at UM, and have no desire to get involved in others.

• Like 1

This thread should just die. I find it hard to believe its still going . Just my two sense .

As I stated a bunch of pages back, I am done with it. I am not trying anything else. ( unless someone can guarantee me reportable, verifiable, results )...

If people would not reply to this topic, it would get buried.

If people do reply, especially with a question, I will answer out of respect.

I agree.

Mods, if appropriate can you jump-in and lock this incredibly BS thread?

• Like 1

It's interesting that you have a problem with people "knowing" the truth about this subject when you, mere posts ago, claimed youknow the truth. You certainly didn't express it as a belief...

If you've ever followed posts I make, you'll find that I'll go down the rational and medical routes, especially if things aren't adding up on my end, but for as many times as there has been a rational or medical explanation, there's also been a number of times it hasn't and that something paranormal has been occurring.

Are you STILL waiting for evidence on the Internet? Of course nobody can produce it on this forum, it's practically impossible, but there are genuine people out there experiencing genuine things - go out and investigate like a real skeptic, not a keyboard warrior. Given this advice to you a thousand times, it feels like, now.

As for reporting people to mods, heh, something tells me nothing would happen. Besides, we're presumably all adults and I don't need to run to a mod to slap somebody on the wrist, their ignorance is like water off of a ducks back.

I do know on this topic, and some others. There are things I do not know. As for this topic, there has not ever been even a shred of verifiable evidence that these things exist. yet, there has been a ton of evidence to show what the claims are, and that is fact.

As for waiting for evidence on the internet.....

I have asked for ways to do this, and not doing this on the internet. Doing them myself.

As for going out, what topic are you refering to?

I can give you a butt load of places, and topics, I have covered on my own, not on the internet.

Google " Virginia City ". It has been on every ghost hunting show there is, I lived in Sparks, Nevada for over 40 years. I spent years if added up, in and about V.C, well before the internet, or paranormal TV shows " investigating " the ghost stories there. I was there enough to be a " local ", and while working at Pepsi also did some " investigating " to places that were on TV.

I need to note, while doing that, I did " believe ".......

I can assure you, reality, and stories are two different things. I was not alone doing this, there were about 5 of us, from age 16, to 30 ( meaning us five for 14 years ) that frequented V.C. , and other ghost towns, such as Bodie, California.

So, as for going out, I have plenty of that. More then many have a clue about.

Now, if you want to go on other things paranormal we can do that to, on another topic....But again, I have had my fill of that, and repeating my replies, that are the same as others would be a waste of time.

Edited by Sakari

I agree.

Mods, if appropriate can you jump-in and lock this incredibly BS thread?

I think a valid reason would need to be given to do that. This topic is obviously of interest. How many topics have gone on for over 3 years ( soon ) consistently?

If people can refrain from arguing ( and most have ), then why lock it?

If you think it is BS, then do not read it, and do not reply to it. People have come in numerous times, with valid replies, new members and old. Just because a few people get upset about the topic, does not mean a valid reason to lock it in my opinion.

If that were the case, I would be asking mods to lock a lot of topics that I felt are BS.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

Well, either people will believe that I am a honest person, and do want to experience these things.

Or, they can think I am lying, and want nothing to do with them at all.9

It's not about you.

You, as anyone has their right to a opinion. And really, I could care less what side of the fence you are on.

I'm not on a side. I only know enough to know I don't know enough.

.I know they do not exist in the way others claim them to. I also know they can not be summoned, nor can they be scared away with a circle of salt, or burning sage, because they only exist in ones mind.

Then this thread is a farce. And everything under, on, and outside the Sun is in one's mind. You're going to have to narrow that down a bit.

None of that matters, as said, I can care less if people " believe " I am honest or not.....Not like I am claiming a supernatural power, or being able to talk to ghosts. I have just tried to invite them to my home. Not really that big of a claim if you ask me, anyone can try it for themselves.

I just hope they don't have the intent to not experience anything, as the mind is a powerful tool in fulfilling one's own wishes.

'Please don't reply to this post "out of respect", if your respect will just be more defending of yourself and/or your thread. It is pointless, and that's why people are wanting this thread to die. Your posts are now mostly bragging of other threads where you achieved notoriety, or how popular and long running this one is with how many replies and pages it has. I have started to see what it's about here. I only keep replying because some things said in here bother me enough to give my two cents. I need to stop that.

Edited by _Only

As for reporting people to mods, heh, something tells me nothing would happen. Besides, we're presumably all adults and I don't need to run to a mod to slap somebody on the wrist, their ignorance is like water off of a ducks back.

Actually, reporting objectionable content to the moderators is the mature response. And I assure you that those who do not follow UM rules do indeed face consequences (official warnings followed by suspension and in severe cases account banning).

As to this particular disagreement, seems to me to be a matter of opinion. Some people simply do not believe demons and such exist at all while others believe quite the opposite. I agree that no one is likely to be able to 'prove' anything on an internet forum, but there's no reason why discussion can't take place without resorting to personal ad hom remarks.

Do not make discussion personal. Discuss the subject at hand, not one another.

I have a feeling skater that just want to stir the pot, not because you disagree with them just you want people to argue with you. Best example is that you agree with Simbi opinion on letting this topic die, yet you still posting on here, you just want to have the last word in.

Let this thread die skaterboy, let it fall to page ten or so.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

That will never happen. The OP won't allow it.

Do you see me arguing the points of this thread further? No, clearly I have lost interest in this thread and that would indicate I do want it to die, only a Mod is going to achieve that. It'd be rude of me not to respond and argue my case with the Mod so unless you have something to say about this topic - butt out.

Thanks for proving my point.