Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Garbage Patches- 5 found in our oceans

Abecrombie

I recently discovered news on a garbage patch in the Ocean off the Pacific . Lter the news update was not one patch but five patches in our oceans and the destruction it has caused in our marine life and the ocean water itself. This convinced me that if the water is bad then the soil is bad , therefore the food we grow and animals eating the food we grow is bad. It made sense to me and worried me too. I cant understand why science and technology doesnt make this a matter of urgency. Instead it seems that space exploration and the billions they request frequently gets the medias attention. I feel that we should concentrate more on our own planet , and the people that dwell on the earth.

Discovery News has a video on this new devastating effect of garbage floating in ocean curents throughout our planet and how the fish are eating small plastics by accident and the result of such poluted waters. Please educate yourself on this issue . Check out the link I posted.

Thanks

Abecrombie

http://news.discovery.com/videos/earth-whats-an-ocean-garbage-patch.html

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abecrombie

• mfrmboy

• Mattshark

• nognome

Top Posters In This Topic

unbelievable that there is no reponses to this thread. I find it interesting along with the oil leaks going on with the gulf of mexio right nnow. what is our ocean going to handle this ? frightening

unbelievable that there is no reponses to this thread. I find it interesting along with the oil leaks going on with the gulf of mexio right nnow. what is our ocean going to handle this ? frightening

Sad isn't it. We are doing so much damage to our oceans at the moment, over fishing and polluting them and they really are dying. Sadly because it is not so plainly obvious it gets ignored or swept under the rug.

Very sad indeed ! There has to be a way to harvest all the debris. Why not use fishing nets to haul it onto boats and recycle it.

humans who are smart enough to work out how to do something,very rarely think about the variables in outcome before doing so..we mass produce,we must expect mass waste?