Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Sailor Dies in Afghanistan

Thanato

Canadian killed by IED in Afghanistan

'Bittersweet day' for Canadian navy: Natynczyk

A member of the Canadian navy was killed by an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan Monday, the first sailor to die in action since October 2004.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Craig Blake, 37, was killed while working in the Panjwai district, approximately 25 kilometres southwest of Kandahar city.

Brig.-Gen. Dan Ménard, the commander of Canadian troops in Afghanistan, said the Simcoe, Ont., native was returning to camp Monday afternoon after successfully disposing of another IED when the blast went off.

Read More

Lest We Forget

~Thanato

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• Corp

• Thanato

• Doc Socks Junior

Top Posters In This Topic

I going to buy a case of beer and celebrate his death..... the brand™ -Molson Canadian

I'm going to celebrate Canada and everything this country once stood for.

You're going to celebrate his death? :huh: I know you disagree with the war acidhead but that's way out of line, even for you.

Edited by Corp

You're going to celebrate his death? :huh: I know you disagree with the war acidhead but that's way out of line, even for you.

sarcasm....

I believe 100% the right to life for everybody... even my enemies.

-its a slippery slope.

I do feel bad for the soldiers family and him.

-he did it for the money and its the love of money that dooms everybody to ignorant death.

Ok good. I apologize. Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're joking and when you're being serious.

Though can you drop the stupid claims of how he only cared about money, just for this once please?

Edited by Corp

sarcasm....

I believe 100% the right to life for everybody... even my enemies.

-its a slippery slope.

I do feel bad for the soldiers family and him.

-he did it for the money and its the love of money that dooms everybody to ignorant death.

BS. Dont you EVER slander his name. He was a Clearance Diver, which meant he loved his job. If you don't like what we do, Fine. But dont you EVER disrespect the memory of someone who has given his life, not just for our country but for something noble and just.

~Thanato

BS. Dont you EVER slander his name. He was a Clearance Diver, which meant he loved his job. If you don't like what we do, Fine. But dont you EVER disrespect the memory of someone who has given his life, not just for our country but for something noble and just.

~Thanato

It's Acidhead. Don't get worked up over him. This quote describes him well:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. ~ John Stuart Mill

Ok good. I apologize. Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're joking and when you're being serious.

Though can you drop the stupid claims of how he only cared about money, just for this once please?

The sea-boy is only there for the money.... I know this for fact.

The invasions and occupations would end tomorrow if the soldiers were not paid:

1. pre-sign up bonus..... what is it in Canada right now?... $14 000

2. regular pay

3. completion of tour bonus.

The current military is a mercenary military......

Its no where near the military that liberated Europe during ww2.

Thanato's 'Lest we Forget' crap is just that ... a bogus claim to give credence to the invasion.

The sea-boy is only there for the money.... I know this for fact.

So you knew him personally then. Only way you could know why he joined up.

So you knew him personally then. Only way you could know why he joined up.

$14 000 for signing up........ that would pay some bills immediately.

-in return for hunting IED's and looking the other way while the heroin is cropped and shipped into the western world.

BTW.... Peter Mckay, canada's military chief is mafia.

War is a racket...... Peter is in on that racket and the most alarming part is he almost became our Prime Minister.

So you're saying you didn't know him personally and are just making wild assumptions based on your own bias outlook.

I knew the man, just briefly met him while he was teaching a course. He loved his job.

~Thanato

So you're saying you didn't know him personally and are just making wild assumptions based on your own bias outlook.

yes...

Its called logic Corp.... something you're ignoring.

Self-admitted non-military people like yourself who go by the name 'Corp' need no explanation.

My bias outlook assumes that you probably use the same name 'Corp' while you gleefully engage in video games like Call of Duty.

I knew the man, just briefly met him while he was teaching a course. He loved his job.

~Thanato

Great story....

-the love for his job is what got him killed.... the job he was paid, generously to do.

Great story....

-the love for his job is what got him killed.... the job he was paid, generously to do.

60,000 a year before taxes?

~Thanato

This breaks my heart. The sailor should be honored.

It also scares me to the core and makes me thankful that my son is out of there.

Nibs

60,000 a year before taxes?

~Thanato

Sounds fair....

But the real catch is the bonuses attached to tours.

yes...

Self-admitted non-military people like yourself who go by the name 'Corp' need no explanation.

My bias outlook assumes that you probably use the same name 'Corp' while you gleefully engage in video games like Call of Duty.

Good to see ackowledgment that your "facts" are nothing more "assumptions". Also you don't know me personally so please don't make wild assumption about me.

Good to see ackowledgment that your "facts" are nothing more "assumptions". Also you don't know me personally so please don't make wild assumption about me.

Your favorite color is green.

Sounds fair....

But the real catch is the bonuses attached to tours.

Danger Pay, and tax exemption for the duration of tour?

~Thanato

yes...

So money is the reason the vice-president at Goldman Sachs enlisted?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-08-9-11-recruits-cover_x.htm

One year ago, Cpl. Kevin Mincio stood before his platoon at an Army base in the Iraqi desert and tried to explain why a 31-year-old Goldman Sachs vice president had upped and enlisted in the infantry.

'You learn not to take for granted what we have in this country,' says Kevin Mincio who served a year in Iraq.

The short answer: 9/11.

"Three years ago," he began, reading what he'd written down, "I stood in disbelief on the corner of Liberty and Church streets and watched as just a half a block away, a Boeing 767 flew into the south tower of the World Trade Center."

Rest in peace sir.

So money is the reason the vice-president at Goldman Sachs enlisted?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-08-9-11-recruits-cover_x.htm

One year ago, Cpl. Kevin Mincio stood before his platoon at an Army base in the Iraqi desert and tried to explain why a 31-year-old Goldman Sachs vice president had upped and enlisted in the infantry.

'You learn not to take for granted what we have in this country,' says Kevin Mincio who served a year in Iraq.

The short answer: 9/11.

"Three years ago," he began, reading what he'd written down, "I stood in disbelief on the corner of Liberty and Church streets and watched as just a half a block away, a Boeing 767 flew into the south tower of the World Trade Center."

Something does not add up here.